Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross descends the stairs into an empty Elysium. This isn’t his first time in the Nox since returning, but it still feels strange. Like he’s somehow a ghost, haunting a place he departed long ago.

But that’s not the case. He’s here. Now. On his way to meet with Alessandra Antinori, Reeve of Sacramento.

Cross finds his way to the office automatically, without giving it much thought. After all it was once his, if only briefly.

He could worry about that fact. About his sudden departure from the city and the new Reeve’s perception of that departure. About abandoning his duties in the domain. His commitments and relationships. But he doesn’t. What would be the point?

Instead, the Burned Man focuses on the moment. Clears his mind of all distractions ahead of his meeting with the top security official in the city. Or at least he tries to.

The Haunt pauses before the door to Alessandra’s office, taking a beat to straighten his black suit. Readying himself for the onslaught of a more potent Beast. Scarred hands check automatically for weapons that aren’t there, that he’s left in his car.

Finally, he knocks.

2. Likes , Orianna, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale hadn’t really done a whole lot of decorating in the office. Decorating really wasn’t her thing, and if Kindred were in her office, it wasn’t to see how she decorated.

She had a dark wooden desk with the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, and a small seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a small couch around a coffee table. Which was were the Reeve sat, in one of the chairs, looking at some papers. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

She had on a dark orange colored gauzy shirt over black leather pants and knee high steel toed boots. Her holster was beside her, the two .357’s nestled safely in their places, and well within her reach. Not that she expected to need them, but she felt secure with them near.

Hearing the knock, she puts the papers down, which were real estate listings and stands,

“Come in.” she calls.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

At the Reeve's command, Cross enters. Turning to shut the door quietly behind him, and to cover the grimace of fear that plays across his face for a moment. It can't be helped: he has entered the lair of a stronger Predator and his Beast knows it.

When the Burned Man turns to face the room and the Reeve again, his expression is clam. There's a beat as cold blue eyes sweep the decor, taking in her spartan furnishings with a certain approval. His gaze lingers on one of the butterflies. Others may find this quaint, but Cross seems to discern a hidden message here: the Reeve has no problem destroying life. Even if it is beautiful. Even if it is only for her entertainment. Duly noted.

He moves toward the seating area where Alessandra is settled. Stopping just beside one of the chairs placed near the couch. He does not sit. Not yet. Not until she invites him to. His whole demeanor has the air of a parade rest. Of a soldier awaiting orders. Legs slightly apart. Hands clasped behind his back. His gazes take in the beautiful savage where she she is, before his eyes settle on a point just above her own. Denoting his full attention without conveying challenge.

"Good evening, Reeve Antinori. Thank you for seeing me."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes watch and observed the Haunt and old Reeve as he entered. Wondering what thoughts were passing through his mind at that moment. Was he remembering his time within the office as Reeve? Was he judging his chances of attacking her and taking the position back?

The possibilities were endless to her. But she smiled and gestured to the seats,

“Please, have a seat.” She invites before settling herself back into one of the chairs.

“Not a problem, I’m always happy to make time for Kindred of the Domain. How’ve you been? You been back long?” asks the Savage with genuine curiosity.

6. Likes , unlimited sink liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

With a nod of thanks, Cross seats himself in the chair opposite of the Reeve. Still stiffly formal, despite being nominally at rest.

"I've been well," he replies. "Happy to be back." And he is, though you wouldn't know it from his expressionless demeanor.

"Been in the city for just about a month. Of course, I let Seneschal Hart know of my return," he's sure to add. Knowing that such a length of time spent in the city without presenting himself could result in an accusation of poaching. "Getting settled. Catching up on what I missed." And he'd missed a lot, it seems, in his six month absence.

"I'm happy to see that you took the reigns after my," the barest hint of a pause, "departure." From all appearances, he means what he says. Not much dissimulation in the Burned Man.

Flat, blue eyes sweep the office again before returning to Alessandra. Might as well just come out with it: "I wanted to come here tonight to offer you my apologies for that. Leaving." He fights the urge to look away, hide his shame. Instead, he just lets the Reeve see it on his face. It's there in the downturn of his scarred lips, a slight furrow at his brow. "And to offer you my assistance if you ever need it."

8. Likes Orianna, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A month? Seems like enough time to be back to speak to other officials. But maybe that was just her.

She leans her chin onto her hand, her elbow placed on the chair arms, “I didn’t take the reins until Lady Stamford departed. I was a deputy under her and was placed into the position after she left by Seneschal Hart.” That was what happened, she had no reason not to mention it. “Did you have any questions about things you missed? Anything I can fill you in on?” she wasn’t sure what Alice had told him about. Did he know about Konrad and the Bloodhunt on him?

Offer his apology for leaving? If she could, she’d blink a few times, “While I commend you for returning and seeking to make it right, it’s not me that you owe those words to. His Grace put his faith in you to fulfill an important role within his Domain. One that you left without even a word, which left us with a hole in our security and safety.” She wouldn’t sugar coat it, “And I’ll be frank with you, I don’t trust you right now. Being Reeve is more than just a fancy title, we help keep the Kindred and His Grace safe. We’re on the front line when problems and those who seek to harm us appear. For you to depart as suddenly as you did raises questions about your motives to return. I don’t mean to sound like a bitch, but do you understand my concern?” he had to know how damaging it was for his reputation. “That being said, I know you’re not a stupid man, you did good things for the Domain in the years I’ve been here. Our numbers are low, but the threats a huge and right now I need Kindred who can help take care of those threats. But I need to know I can trust you. Can you tell me why I should trust you to help eliminate those threats?” she need deputies, but she need deputies she could trust.

10. Likes , unlimited sink liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

The Burned Man nods as Alessandra explains how she ended up as Reeve. He's heard this before, but doesn't mind listening again. "No, Seneschal Hart has pretty much filled me in," he replies. He'd like to discuss the incident with Alice and Bea but senses that now is not the time.

And he's right, because the Reeve has started lecturing him on duty, and his dereliction of same. Does she think he's unaware? That he doesn't know what he's done? "I know what I owe the Prince. And I will take care of that debt at the appropriate time and place. Come what may." There's a tightness to these words. A brittleness that speaks to a tightly-controlled anger on the part of the Burned Man. She's missing the point.

A pause before he speaks again. And when he does, that aggravated note has left his voice. "My apology to you is something different, though. You and I, we were soldiers together. In a way. Took up arms together. And I left you alone on the field of battle. Beyond failing the Prince and the domain, I thought I owed you something personally." They'd been deputies together. Had worked together to defend the Kindred of Sacramento. To him, that constitutes a special bond. One he'd failed to observe.

"And I understand your concern. I wouldn't trust me either." It's the truth. "However, this is my home. When I left, even if I went about it wrong, it was always with the intention of coming back. Everything I care for is here." She is here. "It's all I have." Alice. His Faith. The City. These three things.

"So, I'm not asking you to trust me blindly. I'm asking you to let me earn your trust again. Put me to work. Let me repay my debt to the domain and His Majesty. And to you. Let me show you that I am loyal. And if I'm not? If I fail to meet your expectations?" A pause. "Do with me what you will."

With that, Cross shuts up. He's said his piece. Now to hear what Alessandra thinks.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a brief nod, “Glad to hear it. But my offer still stands should there be any questions you might have.” Did Alice tell him about what happened with Bea? She wasn’t sure, and wasn’t about to bring up something without Alice present. Unless she told him about it. Ale wasn’t sure what their relationship was.

She kind of expected the tightness in his voice, but she felt it needed to be said.

Now his next words, they were unexpected. “I thank you for the apology, it speaks volumes about your character.” Which she had seriously questioned. There was a nod again, “I like to think we worked well together, and hope we still can.” She didn’t hate the guy, “I don’t hold a grudge or anger towards you, I just don’t agree with how things happened. But I think we can move past it.” What Asa’s opinion would be of Robert, she didn’t know.

“If everything you care for is here, it leads to be believe you when you say you are willing to work to earn back trust. And the fact that Seneschal Hart hasn’t called me to remove you from the Domain, says that she has some trust in you. Or is willing to allow you to prove yourself. She’s always been a great judge of character, and as such, I’m willing to do the same.” She had great respect for Alice.

“I’ve always believed in second chances, should the person own up to their mistakes and make amends.” She moves her hand to rest on the arm rest, “So lets do that. But I don’t want you to think I’m about to simply forget you leaving, or that I’ve gone soft. It’s that we need more soldiers, more eyes on the street that are willing to stand a fight for our Domain. And having worked with you before, I know you are willing to do those things.” It was true, they didn’t have a lot of fighters.

“That being said, has Seneshcal Hart filled you in on the threats the Domain is currently facing? Or ones that were dealt with while you were elsewhere?” it would be good to know what he knew.

14. Likes liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

The dangerous moment has passed. Not that things will be easy for him going forward. But, the immediate threat of direct punishment, even violence, on the part of the Reeve has faded. For now. He inclines his head, respectfully, thankfully, when she accepts his apology. "Yes. I know we can. And there seems to be a lot of work to do."

The ghost of a smile touches his scarred lips when Alessandra compliments Alice's judgement. "Yes, I agree. Seneschal Hart is a very talented woman." Which is the least Cross might say, though he keeps the rest of himself. "She and I are," another almost imperceptible pause, "close. And she's been kind enough to welcome me back to the city, and to our family here." That word: family. Yes, he's talking about his clan. But, it's also something more: the secret bond shared between himself and the Blind Doll. "She's mentioned that you've formed a Coterie together. That's good to hear." He doesn't elaborate, doesn't explain why that should make him happy. But it clearly does.

Moving on to the more pragmatic concerns of domain security suits Cross just fine. That the Reeve doesn't press the Burned Man on the particulars of his relationship with Alice, or his reason for leaving, speaks to something he's always appreciated about Alessandra: her discretion. If she doesn't need to know, she doesn't ask. And if she does, she will. "I don't expect you to forget, Reeve Antinori. And I would never accuse you of going soft." That last bit is almost playful, though it's the truth. "And as far as threats to the domain go, the Seneschal has given me a basic understanding."

As he begins to offer his assessment of their security situation, his whole manner speaks to a new level of comfort. This is his element: "The Brood remains the primary problem, to my eyes. Your recent encounter with them, and the losses sustained, speak to a formidable enemy. I don't think we've seen the last of them. Though, your captives may help us understand just what we're up against." A momentary frown as he considers, once again, that one of their hostages is none other than Josephine Sterling. "I am sorry to hear about Dr. French, though. I did not know her well, but Alice mentioned she was a part of your Coterie." Another pause, and then he continues: "She's also mentioned that our 'friends,' the Alchemists, are still somewhere in the city. Something to watch, though I'm not sure action is required just yet." There's movement on that front, but he's not sure how much Alice would like him to reveal to the Reeve. She's shared Alessandra's distaste for that pair of Breathers with him.

"I should also inform you that a Kindred named Marvin Stax, a new arrival to the city, has clued myself and Peter Byrne, another new member of the domain, to possible hunter activity here. They're not actively looking into us at the moment, but Mr. Byrne and I are keeping close tabs on them. If possible, we'll dissuade them from staying without any direct contact. I will, of course, keep you updated as things progress. Especially if the situation gets messy..."

Finally, he comes to a more sensitive topic: Alice's recent mistake. "She also told me about Bea. And the fallout from that incident." He stops at that, but gives the Reeve a look that clearly says: What's your take on this issue?

16. Likes Orianna, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Robert and Alice being close was interesting. She wasn’t sure why exactly, or if she should find comfort in it. For Alice. “I’m glad you are close. Our kind don’t have many we can count or depend on, being… close, is a rarity.” She knew first hand how relationships of any type went for them. She considered Alice a close friend, but it wasn’t something she would share. Information like that is dangerous.

A single nod was given, acknowledging what he said. “We have, with Miss York as well.” She has to wonder why it made him happy or why it was good to hear.

She nods and studies Robert as he explains what Alice has told him. “I agree, the Brood bother me the most out of what is going on. They are dangerous and we don't know how deep their connections go within the Domain or city.” There was a shake of her head, “And for them to have had Sterling among them pisses me off the most. But looking back at how she left, the words and threats she issued, I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised.” But to have a former Reeve and member of the Domain turn against them, if that is what happened, was really low.

When he mentions Emma, her eyes darken and look away, finding a spot on the wall, a butterfly perhaps, and remain there a few moments. Finally she looks back to his own eyes again, “Thank you. And yes, she was part of our Coterie, and a Cousin of mine, Family. I’m sure I don’t have to explain to you how the loss of Family affects you. My Clan is already a small one here, and the loss of her in the line of duty hurt.” And it hurt more that Ale failed Emma, she couldn’t protect her. “It was something that should not had happened, but something we will learn from.” There was a hint of a smile pulling at her lips, “I can tell you though knowing her, she gave it everything she had to help us, to give us those few seconds we needed.” But that was enough of that. Dwelling on loss and the past took away from the present and what needed to be done.

The surprise returned, “They’re still kicking around?” she looks thoughtful a moment, “Huh.” Well then. “Watching them would be a good idea, see if they’re up to anything. Kine shouldn’t have what they had.” That sphere, yeah, she remembered it. It was wrong, nothing something anyone should have.

Curiosity appears on her face, “I see it hasn’t taken Mr Stax long to settle himself. Though it is curious that he would find possible hunter activity, given his history with us thus far. I would greatly appreciate updates on the matter.” And she expected them, though she was sure that went without saying. “But I do hope it doesn’t get messy, we have the Brood to worry about, and Mr Stax owes a few Boons to the Domain and I want to make sure he pays them.” With how he arrived in the Domain, it raised her suspicions of how he found hunters. “Did he fill you in on how he came to reside within the Domain?” she was wondering, how much Stax had told Robert.

And then the real issue comes out. If he was indeed close to Alice, then perhaps he was mad or upset at what happened. The punishment. She studies him for a moment, not feeling like he was a threat, but was curious.

Her head tilts to one side as she debates her words. “That was a mess, one that should have been watched more closely than it was. The woman was an unstable Daeva who had quite the mouth on her. Though what her goals or objectives were I’ll never know. I hadn’t come across someone so blatantly arrogant and thinking they could set the rules before. Though maybe it was her youth and being used to getting what she wanted in other places.” There was a shake of her head, “As far the fallout, if you are referring to Seneschal Harts punishment, there was no way to avoid punishment. She came to me and confessed, and I felt it necessary to involve His Grace to avoid the implication of favoritism or that she was above the Law. While just her and I knew about it at the time, we didn’t know if Bea had formed any close bonds with anyone else in the Domain, ones that would have people looking for her, and thus creating an unstable environment. When those under you see favoritism or that there are those above the Law, it sets up very dangerous conditions. There was also the duty to the His Grace and the Domain.” She knew she did not have to justify her decision to Robert, and she wasn’t trying to.

“My main issue with what happened was that Seneschal Hart had been in that position. I don’t doubt she can fight, I’ve sparred with her. But a full on fight against another Kindred was too dangerous. I’m currently working on getting her some weapons that will give her an edge, but it still makes me nervous. Not to mention her willingly meeting with Bea in an undisclosed location without someone else there with her, well, I’ll be frank here, it pisses me off. She should not be put in that situation.” It wasn’t an easy mess. “I don’t want her to be in that position again. But I also know I cannot control her.”

18. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread