Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1705) Alice and Cynthia!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I know that feeling. I didn't think they were true until," once more the bone pale fingers are pulled up with the jerk of their strings. "this happened." the fingers fall, "I just don't want-" Alice sucks in a breath she doesn't need and drops it. Cynthia had obviously already gotten the point. Stupid Nosferatu didn't tend to last long.

"Do you still have those sorts of contacts?" one never really knew when an in with the 'weirdos and they artsy crowd' could be proven useful. "Hmm, honestly smelling a little off, isn't anything to be overly worried about. You could look like me." tacked on in a mockery of self-depreciation. "A scent, with the right props someone could think it came from that instead of you, after all."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes Deltaomega liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yeah. I know some people." Cynthia said with a smile. "Get a reputation in one city and it bleeds over into the neighbours. Managed to get some names in the art and entertainment industry here." There was a pause and Alice could hear the tapping starting up again. "Hm... By the was. In the off chance it ever comes up, my name is Elise White in that scene." As far as some people know, Cynthia Weiss had been dead and missing for years.

"Trust me, I've seen far worse. You don't look like a human leech." She said with a small, slightly nervous laugh. It was hard to tell if it was a joke or not. "I've found that a ton of hairspray helps a bit. Part of the reason I style my hair." She was first to admit it was a pain to redo her current deathhawk every night. Wonder if I should just go back to that backcombed look I had when this shit started...
    Last edited by Cynthia Weiss; May 19th, 2017 at 12:13 AM.  Reason for Edit: Fixing some words I missed. Again

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Another strings pulled nod, "I see." the hollow voice says dryly. Relaxing minutely as the tapping starts once more. "Elise White." Alice echos, "I'll remember that."

A hollow laugh, "When I had eyes, I'd seen worse then me too. But, the point stands." In life, her family hated her 'deformity' in death, enhancing and perfecting herself until she didn't even seem real...Alice didn't even know if she'd ever think of herself as anything other then disgusting. "Oh? I didn't know if the scent of the hairspray was a part of your affliction, or not. Come now, I don't want to be the only one who doesn't know what that 'ton of hairspray' is for." Alice tried for light and friendly, hoping to keep her mind off the thrashing wraith, but as always it comes of forced, insincere, fake.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia was starting to get an idea as to how the blood affected Alice. Though it was difficult to tell at times how much was of it was genuine and how much it was simply the words of a poser attempting to humour the newcomer.

It took her a moment before it hit her. Cynthia was too used to everything being self-explanatory. "Whatever catches my fancy really. Mohawks, Death-hawks, Undercuts. I guess hair is another thing I like to experiment with. Redoing it every night when I go out is a bit of a pain though." She explained while brushing aside a stray purple hair. "Never was a fan of looking plain. Even with how the Bloods effects I... kinda got off lightly." The normal confidence in her voice again faltered. But then it returned. "Eh. Doesn't matter that much I suppose."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Ahh," breathes the Doll, "I was never one to experiment that way with my hair, or cloths - assuming the leather I'm hearing is your jacket and boots - like that. I was always to afraid to do something like that." Alice admits with little fanfair. "Though I can imagine your nightly struggle, but at least you're not stuck with something horrible that you can't fix with copious amounts of hairspray." a hollow laugh, "I've found that I like looking a little plain. Or at least, I think I look plain. Black, white and pastels, don't make for an exciting wardrobe."

A pause.

"Even if I don't like...this." her fingers gesture to herself, "We've both seem worse. Sacramento generally keeps the worse away." though Alice hadn't the foggiest why.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded. "Understandable. Family's not always willing to stick out as much as I do." She said with a small laugh. "But as I always, go with what works for you. Requiems are too long to not find something you like." Those words alone helped her stay sane. So far at any rate.

"I'm sure I should have asked this before but... What is the Prince like? I take it from the laws he's invictus?" It was always wise to know much dealing with the Domain's ruler was going to be like walking on eggshells after all.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"That's the truth, but we're always in need of some rebels to brake that stereotype or mold or whatever." a too-wide-too-fake-smile.

"He's...he was Invictus. He's now of the Ordo Dracul." Alice says, knowing Twist was here and would be listening for mention of the Prince. "He's a venture. Wanting his Domain to be better then others, while also being a fair ruler." he could have demanded Alice pinned to Ale'd office door, or even ash after her loss of control.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"And yet more than a few think the opposite." She replied with just a hint of bitterness.

Cynthia's eyes went wide. "I...What?" It was a rare thing to see her dumbfounded. It was certainly something she had never encountered. Her mouth snapped close as the shock started to wear off. "OK, Well.... Can't say I've ever been in a Dragon city before." She said with all the diplomacy she could muster in that moment. This domain was surprising the goth nosferatu more and more. Its a miracle Hes still going and in one piece at that.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

That bitterness was a beacon. Alice understood it well, even if the Doll preferred being a little plain in comparison, but she was this Domain's and the Prince's Seneschal. If she didn't want to brake some form of stereotype about Haunts, haunting the shadowy corners of Elysium she would have ran instead of accepted when Lady Stamford offered the position to her. "Don't care what they think. Our Requiems are too long, and too short to let other people decide how we'll live them." something Alice should really do for herself too.

Cynthia's dumbfoundedness caused the Doll to laugh her hollow little laugh.

"it was a shock, It still is. His Majesty has only changed his Covenant within the last half a year or so." A strings pulled nod, "This is my first Dragon city too. So, it's truly a learning experience for a lot of us here."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I know, I know. Fuck 'em. Still gets on your nerves after a while though." Cynthia said with a roll of her eyes.

Then there was more shocked silence. "...Half a year? Ok, that's... Different." For her this was something completely unheard of. She was not expecting this conversation to be this much of a roller coaster. "Well that got to be quite the change after all these years then."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread