Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1705) Alice and Cynthia!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Then I Acknowledge you within the Domain of Sacramento."

There's a moment of silence after Alice repeats the words,

"What sort of music do you play? Do you compose? Or do covers?" Alice asks, her cousin suspecting the women wouldn't be quick to join either of the two conversations that have broken off, "I'd ask after your art, but..." the Doll has two hollow sockets where her eyes should be. "I wouldn't be able to truly appreciate it. You can describe it to me if you like."

You can increase your Domain/venue status to 1!
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I play guitar. Mostly anything that people claim is rock, punk or goth. Haven't been able to get a decent electric guitar in ages though. Me and a few nomads I had met were decent enough to start a band..." She sounded almost wishful as she reminisced. Then there was a sigh. It was difficult to tell if it was put on or were there still a few lingering human habits that the Nosferatu had not really shaken off.

Cynthia was silent for a little too long. Until finally it seemed she came back to the present. "...Never really left the underground though. Which suited us fine."

Tapping was heard. Sounded like a fingernail on boot leather."Well, I mostly go for Abstract art. Always been a fan of blending shapes and colours to get memory and sensation down in paint. Did do some more traditional landscaping stuff when I was alive but... No great loss there." The Nosferatu was not sure whatever happened to her earlier works, but the world did not really need more mournful paintings of waves crashing against bleak cliff sides or forests lit by a moon shrouded in dark clouds. Looking back it was too melodramatic even for her.

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, inhumanly smooth and strings pulled. She could guess what happened to the nomads Cynthia had run with to prevent this band from becoming a reality. "Well, since you've decided to stay a while, I'm sure your quest for a half decent electric guitar will be fruitful."

Her next comment gained a hollow little laugh from the Doll. "True enough."

Alice shifts in her seat, crossing her legs at the ankle, and refolding her hands in her lap. "Interesting, I thought you'd say you did portraits or something. It's not often that I hear someone who prefers the abstract. Have you ever thought of experimenting with texture? And I'm not just asking because that way I could experience your art for myself and not through someone else's voice."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded. "Its possible, but I'm always on the lookout for quality. Cheap ones usually end up smashed and at the bottom of the Bay."

"I've done some portrait work. There is never an end to the amount of Kindred who want their faces immortalised."
    There were some advantages to the Kindred Condition that the artistically inclined could exploit. The sound of fingernails tapping against her boot started to play out again. "Do like to dabble in other styles. Can't say I've considered experimenting with texture. I'll need to look into it to see what I can do with that."

There was sound again coming from the Nosferatu. The sifting of fabrics. denim on leather. Even kindred can get uncomfortable sitting in one spot. "Actually, just remembered a question. Whats the state of things here? Nice to know if I'm gonna be knocked out for walking down the wrong street."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A smooth strings pulled nod, "If something's cheap and easily replaceable...well, it's cheap and replaceable."

"Ah." another nod, "That's very true, but it's a shame you didn't make your way where a few months ago. The last formal court we had, there were paintings lining the walls and there were portraits of the Domain's Princes. I'm told that it was quite a sight."

Before she lost her sight she wouldn't have thought of texture either. "I remember reading that there's a variety of ways to gain the texture that you're after. Using more paint and exaggerating your brush strokes, actually putting sand and the like into your paint, or using fabrics." all of this Cynthia probably already knew, "If you do decide to play around with different techniques, I'll love to see," she raises her bone pale fingers, wiggles them then drops her hand hand to her lap. "what you come up with."

Alice assumes her cousin isn't talking about the Domain's response to them, Haunts. Not with a Nosferatu Seneschal. "Hunters were making noise, but they've scattered. The Brood...they attacked last summer, and we're dealing with them. I think Archon Twist and Priscus Wood are dealing with a security issue. There's something strange that I've asked Whip Cross, Bishop Longstreet and a Dragon, Mister Tomori to help me with, and once either the Brood or one of the other issues is handled, there's something else that I need to take care of."

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, Deltaomega liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Reading?" Cynthia seemed to latch onto that detail a bit quicker than she had intended. "Braille or... Hrm." Her eyes once more focused on the twin gaping holes in the dolls face. Conversing with the blind was a new experience for her. "Sorry, nevermind. As soon as I get properly settled down I'll do some experiments and see what I come up with."

She frowned. Scattered did not mean dead. Hunters were a persistent breed in her experience. The other threats that seemed to be attached to the domain did not ease her mind. How much was being downplayed by the Seneschal? "Hm...I'll admit I am not the worlds greatest fighter. But if anyone needs an extra set of unseen eyes and hands, I might be able to help a bit." It was a token offer to be sure. But it was better than rejecting to help the domain in some way. She just hoped she did not end up regret giving the offer.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Both." Alice answers, knowing that with the influx of new kindred there would be less and less that remembered was her unreal amethysts looked like. "I was born with sight, with eyes even. My Embrace didn't disintegrate my eyes either...that came after." then to make sure someone else wouldn't wake up to find their eyes gone, "Like you'll never wake up one night as a Kallisti, you might wake up to find yourself without sight. If you don't know your Blood. It is a Nosferatu bloodline, the Baddacelli, and one I didn't know my sire was a part of. It was a...shock to say the least to discover that legacy of his." Pausing to shift the flow of conversation, "At least experimenting will keep your nights busy."

Alice nods her strings pulled nod, "I know not everyone is a fighter. And I know we're not usually social butterflies...do you have any experience with computers?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Silence again. "I...Huh." Was that fear creeping in? Cynthia was at least certain she did not share the same bloodline. That bastard had his eyes when she was dragged into the All Night Society. Her eyes drifted to the faint outline of veins popping out against pallid flesh of her wrist...

She snapped back to reality. A question. A distraction. Much healthier than ruminating on things that may not happen.

Cynthia shook her head. "Not really no. Around my time they were seen as just things nerds played around with. Its something I've been meaning to correct, especially with what you can do with photo manipulation software." Sometimes it felt like a miracle that she could actually operate her smartphone. Things were starting to feel much more complicated. God I miss the 80s sometimes...

12. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The sound of fingernails against leather stops, "I'm not saying that it's a one hundred percent thing, but...it might happen. My sire had eyes, he just couldn't see. I'm...an extreme case. It's..." Alice trails off, "I apologize, I didn't intend...I just wanted to warn you. I'd hate for you to lose your art."

"Ah," Alice nods her strings pulled nod. "Pen and paper research it is. Though it looks like you have another goal already?" Alice smiles, and Cynthia sees why she hadn't before. It's too wide, too sharp, and entirely fake. The smile falls like it had never been, "Investigatorial skills?" if they weren't in the middle of Court Alice would ask after Cynthia's skill in obfuscate, hoping for another kindred who could Cloak. They certainly could use another kindred who could become invisible. "Maybe it was presumptions of me, assuming a lack of social finesse, but..." could anyone really blame her?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Don't worry. Its just...I've heard stories about bloodlines doing some weird shit when I was still travelling. Didn't think they would be true." She had heard all sorts of stories from cannibalistic Nosferatu to outlandish tales of bat monsters and raising zombies. Proof of that was scary. The idea she might be part of such a thing more so.

"No, I understand." Cynthia said, relieved the conversation was steered towards something else.. "I was a bit of a social butterfly with the weirdos and the artsy crowd back when I was alive. Though when you smell like you just came out of a meth lab people don't want to hang around you so much..." Good looks did little to counter the bloods need to repulse. Something she had learned the hard way over the years.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread