Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Eyes) Midnight Diner

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist barely paused as Mable suddenly began to doubt.

"Remain outside. I will talk to the front desk attendant. Though in truth I believe you are worrying over nothing. If he has already left the hotel, then how would the front desk talk to him?"

For a moment she considering suggesting that Mable move on to the Bay, after all she had been leaning to go that way first after all, but ultimately rejected the idea. As of yet nothing indicated that this Private Investigator was someone to be feared. But it would be best to be somewhat safe in approaching. Twist didn't know Mable well, barely at all in fact. Could she trust her to do what needed to be done? Or for that matter, to just be able to not get torpored if something went wrong?

No, better for them to stick together right now.

"As I said though- if he is not there, we won't remain. He has already had time to move and we need to hurry if we want to catch him and get answers."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable felt more confident with Twists confirmation that they should do a quick check of the motel. "You're right. I think I am worrying about nothing. I'll stay outside and keep a look out. I would like to search his room if it hasn't been cleaned yet."

Mable bit her lip in thought. "He is an arrogant guy. But not as smart as he thinks he is. He is obviously not the brains of the operation. "

"Before you go in do you need any more information from me? Otherwise I will hide over there." Mable points to some bushes.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Deciding that now was not the time for a discussion on arrogance and intelligence and leading operations, Twist ran a quick check over herself. Hair placed right? Yes. Clothing tugged down that extra half inch? Yes. Weapons still hidden? Yes.

All seemed in order.

"I don't think so." She titled her head almost quizzically when Mable pointed to the bushes, her voice conveying additional concerns at the choice. "Just insure that you are not spotted. It would raise awkward questions." And leaving Mable to her hiding, Twist made her way to front of the hotel, adding a bit of sway as she stepped inside.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded to Twist and then positioned herself near an open window so she could hear and hunkered down into the bushes. The night air felt still in her little area. The ground was littered with dead leaves and bits of trash. The trees and bushes didn't deserve this treatment but now was not the time. Another night she would come out and clean the mess.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jeff Maverick, late of San Francisco, has been staying at the Ridge Motel.

By day the Ridge Motel is an ugly and decrepit motel on the edge of town, surrounded by fields and the seedier fringe of the urban sprawl as it stretches out along I-80. At night it is no less ugly. Run down and surrounded by thick shadow, it is precisely the place you don't want to crash after a long drive. The place seems to attract the wrong crowd and the flickering lights and general state of the place doesn't add to the sense of security. Here is a motel where you sleep with an eye open. Or else.

If Mable Psychangel want's to hide she will have to make a Dexterity + Stealth check. She will get + 2 bonus dice to the roll reflecting the shadows and general ambience of the local area.

The rented car Mable saw Jeff Maverick use is not in the parking lot.

Twist walks quietly across the black void of the almost empty parking lot, her feet scraping on the uneven and cracked concrete. The only person up at this hour is the solitary staff running the counter in the tiny foyer. He is a lean, haunted man with too much stubble on his battered and lined face; he had been staring down at a something on his lap with vacant intensity, only realising Twist's presence at the last minute.

"Guh?" He manages to exclaim, cigarette hanging limply from his mouth. There is a flurry of movement as he reorients himself and the soft thud of paper on the floor behind the counter. Slow simian intelligence catches up with him and he accepts that yes, a beautiful and delicate woman is standing in his foyer. Right now. His awful mouth creaks into a grin. The air is stale and stinks of garlic.

Depending on what Twist deltadream does next, we are looking at either Intimidation, Persuasion, or Subterfuge. Assuming the Daeva uses Skills rather than Disciplines. Striking Looks will apply.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable notices that Maverick's car was not in the lot. She almost stopped Twist, but there may be other info they can get from the desk guy and maybe even search his room.

She then slides into a shadowy area. She sits as still as the dead to watch and listen.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-07 10:19:44 Mable Wood rolls 5 to hide in shadows (10 Again) 9, 3, 8, 1, 8 3 successes

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist's eyes automatically flicker to where the thud of paper sounded from and even though she couldn't actually see through the desk at what fell, she let her gaze return slowly back to the man, a small knowing smile on her face.

"Sorry to interrupt," she teases lightly, "But I was hoping you could help me. I am trying to get to Jeff Maverick. I ran into him earlier this evening and promised I would stop by to see him but I don't think he believed me." Eyebrows wrinkled together at the very thought that a man like Jeff wouldn't seriously believe a girl like her would actually come to his hotel room with him. "And so while he gave me the name of the hotel... he failed to give me his room number," Her head tilted slightly as she looked up at him, "Do you think you could fill in the blanks for me? I would hate to disappoint him and not live up to my word."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-07 10:48:33 Twist rolls 8 to Convince (Wits+Subterfuge+SL) (10 Again) 1, 7, 1, 9, 9, 4, 6, 4 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The smirk remains on the staff's leering lips but his general look becomes knowing and conspiratorial.

"Well sure. If you don't mind waiting. He went out. But yeah - if you've got a prior arrangement I can let you into his. Um. His suite."

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-08 03:20:17 Counter Guy to do something rolls 4 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 7, 4, 4, 9 1 success

For a moment he looked like he might add something more but the light went out of his eyes and he looked away. When he looked back they were cold and calculating, the lust drained from them.

"Ah. I can't just open the place up, you know. Privacy and all that. But - ah - I think I can waive that for a small donation. General maintenance, you understand. Privacy policy and all that."

A hand tapped on the counter top like a groping paw.

Outside, Mable watched in the darkness. A lorry thunder passed and an exhausted sedan rolled by. Then nothing.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist shrugged a shoulder nonchalantly and was about to reply that she didn't mind waiting, perhaps even waiting down here in the lobby when the man's mood shifted.

Noting it, she resisted the urge to tense and look around for the cause of the swing. Instead she pouted, but reached obligingly into her pocket to pull out the requested donation. Sliding the bills across the counter toward the hungry hungry hippo hand, "I just hope he doesn't come back with another woman. I don't think my pride could handle it."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Outside, Mable stayed silent as she watched half dead cars roll by. She hoped all was going well inside. The trash was driving her nuts. She just needed to pick it up. But she stayed still and thought up reasons why she was in the bushes. Maybe she should have gone in but that would have been too many people looking for the jackass. And besides, he might recognize a description of her.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread