Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner Bell

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday's mind stalls. She could have gone her whole life without knowing that Faye brewed beer. Okay. She can work around this. Some candles and air fresheners so she can't smell it. Not liking the smell of beer is completely normal. Right?

Two bottles are cracked and Tuesday leans against the counter plate in hand, a forkful of rise is eaten because she wasn't expecting beer tonight so she really couldn't think of using chopsticks. People liked beer she should be used to being in a room with people that liked beer. It was that Faye brewed it that was getting to her.

(did she brew it here?)

"I will totally wear a tail." did that cheer seem forced? Not compared to Dick's. "I'll do me, and you'll do you, but if you're not tailing it, then you should have a fox on something. Like a shirt." sage nod, and if she had a better phone she'd search the googles for something she had in mind.

Hazels flick to the dirty blond, "Chinese for dinner seemed a better idea then amusing everyone here liked whatever else. And I really didn't feel like getting into a pizza topping debate." she'd seen people go crazy for the pro pineapples on pizza verses those against. Also the anchovies, and onions and olives, and, and, and, and!

"They silly. I know Faye was around for the Star Squirting, but yeah. Rits. Good Things. Do 'em. Or Imma find my purple sparkly water gun and pew pew you in the face." hazels look at the Shamans that made up the rest of the Foxes Den and fixed a Totally Serious face on.

Totally Serious Face leaves, and the unicorn snorts at the golden glyph that fell apart. "Dude. Magicing your drink when the fridge is just over there is..." shrugs, yeah.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

A top hat and a tail? "I'll try the tail with the hat at least once. It won't be subtle though." Boring nights lead to weird internet searches and weird self reflection. Doubly so when you can actually change your body.

The chopsticks get a glance before Thrope grabs a plate of food for himself. It's tempting to poke Chariot back...but that'd be a bit weird. "You make beer? Hell yeah." A grin grows. "I'll poison test."

"Not that we need to worry about that stuff though. Good point on the Rites. I've been lazy without somewhere safe. Can't use that excuse now though can I." The hand holding the chopsticks raise as if to ward off a stream of water from Tuesday.

"Just don't spray me when I'm sleeping." Thrope shifts to look at the other Shamans. "I'm up for trying a group ritual sometime though. Could have interesting results."

4. Likes West, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “Not really a brewer per say, it’s just a hobby. And I make whatever kit is on sale and sounds the best! This batch is an Irish red ale, low on the hops but with a sweet caramel flavor. I’d like to try making some hard ciders, but I need different equipment and it’s a lot harder to do. But at my loft I have a chocolate stout going, will be done in a few weeks.” Yeah, she liked to mix it up, have a different variety in her fridge.

Frowning at Chariot, “Awww, where’s your sense of adventure?” she teases, but in the end, would respect whatever he decided.

The question about Rituals caught her off guard, and she takes a long pull off her drink, “Ah, well, I’ve never used them before actually. And most of my life was spent moving around from city to city and it was just something I didn’t do. Not opposed to it though.” She just didn’t have a need for it before.

Tuesday gets a wide grin, “Sweet! Should I order some then?” this would be like working at a Ren Faire all over again.

“If people want pizza, there are pizza places that are specifically about letting you make your own pizza. It’s not too expensive and it can make for a fun evening.” She shrugs eating a fork full of Chinese.

An eyebrow was raised at the threat of a water gun, “Well, if water guns are getting involved, then I have a right to arm and defend myself. Just don’t expect it to be a small pocket sized one.” She says playfully with a wink. Oh yeah, she’d get the biggest super soaker she could find. “But I get what you’re saying and will try and work on doing some Rits. But still getting my own water gun.” She adds.

Won’t be subtle? Oh, this was going to get good!

Nodding, “Yeah, never done a group ritual before, I’m game.” Why not?

6. Likes , West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    O
    Oculus

Chariot is reluctant to accept the idea of wearing a tail, not that he can be blamed. Like Thrope said, they are less than subtle, but hey, subtlety can only get you so far. If it's a way of strrenghtening the internal bond as well as showing the unity to everyone else, he isn't going to say no.

"I'm open to the tail idea. We'll knock everyone off their feet."

A brow is raised as water transmutation fails. Their Hearthmaster's comment doesn't reveal it, but there might just be a pint of genuine irritation inside.

The idea of performing a Ritual is a good one, however.

"I'm not exactly an expert on group rituals, but if I can help, I will. True enough, they can bear some very juicy fruit, pardon the crude metaphor. We should do them sooner rather than later, especially if we're gonna have crosshairs on our foreheads otherwise." He offers a friendly smile to Tuesday. The smile only widens as he imagines the woman witha dead serious look on her face, squeezing the trigger.

Big guns are mentioned, but this joking remark is not the most interesting things the female Shaman'd said. It seems for her brewing was an...

"Interesting hobby. Or more than a hobby, given how you juggle all these terms." He thinks he's done here. He ain't. "Wait a second, a chocolate beer. Is that a thing?"

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

"Well excuuusey moi," Chariot says, butchering french and putting on an exaggerated impression of what he thinks Campanella acts like in the privacy of his home. "I was just trying to impress my new friends with my casual mastery of wizardry. It was either that or try and make the soy sauce have a gladiator style fight for our evening's entertainment."

Ugh. And everyone else is just okay with the tail thing? "Fiiiiine," Chariot whines. "Fine. If everyone wants to wear a tail, I'll wear a tail. And a top hat. In the spirit of cabal unity."

Chariot makes a face at the mention of pizza toppings. "Look, the only good pizza is a sausage, bacon, onion and sauerkraut. I folded on the tails," Chariot says, shaking a chopstick at the group, "but I will throw down in defense of the Sauerkraut Special, do not test me on this."

"Anyway, yeah. Rituals." He snags a egg roll and dips it in some hot mustard to savor before continuing. "So good. Ya'll know it's a dangerous world and ya'll are slacking on protecting yourself. If you don't have a Sight or Shield up," Chariot cocks one hand into a finger gun and fires it off in the direction of Faye and Oculus. "All it takes is a drive-by or for someone to give a junkie a knife and a nudge and your day is fuuuuuucked. I can help with a Sight if you're using Life, or a Shield if you're using Death or Matter, just let me know. Or if you just need someone to chill and keep an eye out while you're focused on assembling your matrices, I can do that too."

"And hey, walking though each other's Imagos might come with some insights that help!" Chariot shrugs and scoops up some Chow Mein from his plate. "That kind of thing is interesting, I think. How two people can put together the same spell in different ways."
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

9. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Do your Rits and I wont pew, pew you. With water. In the face." self important nod. Though don't it seems less, because of the bits of spring roll in the corner of her mouth.

Pink tongue peaks out, trying to get those pesky bits of spring roll. Freezing for a moment before it's got the flakes and disappears back into her mouth.

Her whole Cabal was beer drinkers. Great.

(actually not great. like super not great)

"Yes! Bow to peer pressure." Tuesday laughs out, because it wasn't anything to do with beer. "And that's totally a solid yes to order fox tails." a grin. Not beer. She can't smell the beer. It's not in the air and her cabalerios aren't drinking it. Nope. Welp. She sucks at lying to herself. So. Uh. Yeah.

Another laugh, "Causal mastery of wizardry eh? Nice. But dude. Here we all are. Doing the talking thang. That's plenty o'entertainment for me." blink. blink. "Sauerkraut?" then chopstick shake. "Ooookkkaaaay." looking around the table. Hearing the others declare their toppings. "See. This is why I nixed the pizza idea. If when we do pizza, I think each of us are going to need to get their own pizza." nod, nod.

"Listen to our Doorwarden. Do your Rits. 'Cause. Me. Water gun pew, pews. Not the worst that could happen if you don't Rit. I don't want you to die or worse because you didn't Rit up." a bit of fried rice, "Also, Fate. Time. An itty bitty bit of Spirit. My bag o'tricks. And we can do. Plus all those other words. The cool ones. About Imagos and all that snazzy jazz."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Mana:
    Willpower:

Spells:

Smoke on the Water

Spells:

PRE

"Chocolate stout?" That gets his attention, a combination of chocolate and stouts. A mouthful of chinese is consumed as the others talk. "Ya their a thing man. Some of them are really good. Especially when you get the nitro variants." Cause noble gases, blah blah.

"Wait wait, sauerkraut...on a pizza? Was that a form of punishment or something?" Humor laces Thrope's words but its a serious question. "And I'm not trying to be a total ass about that either. Just seems odd?"

The chopsticks rise. "O ya, rule zero don't go outside naked. Or maybe rule one? I don't remember, just don't go outside naked." Not that it'd be a shame if a few of... "Wait. Wait. Without spells up. Do please wear clothes." A blush that Tuesday has seen before forms as Thrope focuses back on his food.

"Hm, Life, Time, and enough Spirit to be scared shitless a few times." It's said between bites as the blush fails to go away. Cause Damn.

12. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Considering I make my own hours, my schedule is pretty open for whenever you guys are available to try a group ritual.” Another fork full was taken and chewed.

“I don’t do anything from scratch yet, so most of my terms are from the kits I buy. But hell yeah chocolate beer is a thing! Well, chocolate stout anyways, I haven’t come across anything else with chocolate in the recipe. But it gives it an interesting flavor, not too overpowering, but there is defiantly the slight taste of chocolate. And also, if I’ve brewed it right and the beer gods are good to me, it should be around eight percent alcohol. I love stouts, one of my favorite beers. Can also add orange and coffee to it as well, depending on what taste you want.” She shrugs and takes another bite. Chinese food was amazing!

Laughing, “Now I would have thrown money at a soy sauce fight, that would have been awesome!” not sure if it was something that could have actually happened, but it would have been fun.

“Yah Chariot!" she was obviously excited he was going to wear a tail too, "Did you want a specific color for a tale? They come in all kinds of colors, least the ones I’ve seen at the Ren Faires.” Was good to have him on board. It might have been a silly concept, but he was right, it was about unity and showing a united front.

Blue eyes widen, “Whoa whoa…sauerkraut?! he couldn’t be serious, how could someone eat that stuff, even on a pizza! “I’m all for a noah’s ark pizza, but not agreeing on the whole sauerkraut thing. Nope, not doing it.” She shakes her head, “Now pineapple and hamburger? I’m all about that!” yup, she loved pineapple, best thing out there.

Her hand with the fork was held up in defense, “Ok ok, noted and I’ll get on it.” She was really insistent on that. Faye couldn’t blame Tuesday, the benefits couldn’t be argued.

“I’ll place an order tonight.” She says with a smile to Tuesday. This was turning out not only to be a wise decision, but a fun one. The whole Cabal thing. Her last Cabals hadn’t been like this, or maybe she hadn’t put anything into them?

Nodding, “Yup, each with their own pizza. Though maybe we could agree to at least be open minded and try the other ones? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Well, unless you have an allergy or something, then yeah, no tasting.” She wasn’t that good with Life yet.

A smile was then offered to Thrope, “I didn’t think the stout would be this popular, but I’ll let you guys know when it’s bottled and ready to drink. I had even looked into getting the equipment to put the brew into a keg, and then setup a mini bar type thing in my loft with different beers. But, well, the equipment isn’t cheap so it’s kinda on hold.” Shrug, other bills. "But it sounds like you have some knowledge on beer, should share."

An eyebrow was raised and utter amusement was plastered on her face at Thrope, was that a blush?!

“As amusing as it would be, I think it’s illegal to walk around outside naked. Now if you mean walking around here,” the fork moves to make a circle, “Then….I suppose we can agree on that.” She had no issues with the whole naked thing. The human body, especially a female body, were beautiful things.

O
    Oculus

Oculus is not the judgemental type, so when Chariot admits he attempted to reshape water into pop for no other reason than entertaining himself and those around him, there's only understanding in his mind. Magic is a tool and tools are worthless if not used. Besides, who'd resist the temptation if they commanded Matter?

Okay, maybe some. But come on...

"Sauce-turned-gladiator? Is this a Matter thing?" He wasn't all that knowledgeable about the Arcana commanding the tangible parts of the Tapestry.

The Moros also turned out to be a Pizza Fascist, what with the comment of sauerkraut supremacy. But...

"Point taken. My PI license request is still being processed, so I'm mostly free, too. We'll get on it soon, I hope."

The completely sensible advice to wear clothes and protective spells tumbles down, as Thrope... blushes? Oculus blinks. The Shaman doesn't look like the type to blush. It remains a mystery, however, what - or who - in this room caused such unexpected turn of events.

As the conversation on beer and pizza toppings continues, Oculus trails the chopsticks from his bowl to his mouth multiple times, listening attentively.

He changes the tone of his voice into a mockery of seriousness. "To this day, I thought pineapple was the most underappreciated piece of pizza toppings. Seems like I was dead wrong. I second the motion to be open-minded about it, though. And since we're talking tricks and personal preferences, then I've studied Life, Spirit" obviously "and Forces" not so "in equal measure."

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Mana:
    Willpower:

Spells:

Smoke on the Water

Spells:

PRE

Thrope coughs...chokes? on a mouthful of noodles as Faye talks about walking around naked. A fist rises as the Arrow coughs some more, bent over, and then takes a deep breath.

"ah well."

The hand waves around as Thrope takes a small step and stands back upright. Face now fully red after having hacked up some noodles.

"I'll try the sauerkraut thing, just normally like that better on brats. And pineapple." And the Mystagogue being a PI could be useful, or problematic. At least if things got sloppy. Damn it, focus.

16. Bump West "Bump" this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread