Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Paper Trail) A Proposition

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

The Shadow is getting ahead of himself. "One step at a time," he says to Peter. "We get the book before they do. Maybe they simply accept that they missed out on the sale, maybe not. We go from there." Getting this manuscript could possibly prove a feat in itself. No need worrying about what the Hunters might think about it until the deed's been done.

"Well, Mr. Byrne," the Burned Man replies with a hard stare, "it's kind of difficult to say what kind of man this hunchback is. He has strange tastes. Occult tastes. Flattery is probably not an option. I don't think money will work either." Truth be told, Cross had left shortly after his first encounter with the man and his partner. But, he'd seen enough to know that this was no ordinary Breather. Besides, it's a lead. And better than anything the others have brought to the table.*

With that, he looks back to Stax, adding onto Byrne's negotiation, "A Minor Boon sounds about right to me as well." If their host is smart, he'll take the deal. Because if things get hairy with this business, Cross may come back with a more exacting toll.

*OOC

z
    zapero12

Jax puts down the folders and looks over at Peter. "I'd have to agree with Mr. Cross, lets just get this book first then we can worry or not worry about the Hunters themselves."

Jax himself is not interested in payment. He'd.. if he can like to get the book into the library of the Chapterhouse of the Order. Jax looks now at Mr Stax. "Do you have any plans for the book if we retrieve it?"'
    Psh, now who's getting ahead of themselves..

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"I don't much care what you do with the book, Mister Culmet zapero12 . As long as it doesn't cause a Masquerade breach, I will be quite happy."

Stax responded honestly, to that question at least.

He tilted his head to one side as Peter Byrne and then Robert Cross pushed for a Boon. A thin smile toyed with his lips. He nodded.

"An good thing to note. I am glad we are thinking along the same lines. That is why I was think that you would owe me a Minor Boon. I'm giving all of this over to you. I want no further part in it, and I certainly don't want recognition for it. That honour is for you three, surely. This would be your work - and you should all be rightly recognised for it."

His eyes rove, predatory and curious, over each of them.

"This would be your discovery. Your mission. You are all as fresh as me and this would be something that should surely grant status - recognition from the Court. Especially if the leads turn up something interesting and juicy as I believe they might. I don't have had a hand in it. In fact... I am certain once we are done here, none of this conversation will have happened."

4. Likes , unlimited sink liked this post
    P
    Peter Byrne

"Hm," is the only noise Peter makes as Mr. Cross chides him and Mr. Culmet expresses his delicate interest in the final disposition of the manuscript.

"Hm." Peter expresses again after Mister Stax has his say. The noise has a slightly different inflection than the last one. He is quiet for a good several moments before responding. "Mister Stax. We are already performing the equivalent of a Minor Boon for you if we follow through with your request. You are suggesting that this 'might' be beneficial for us in the long run and that the Court 'might' reward us. You are asking us to risk immortality on a line of credit on behalf of the Prince, without his knowledge or consent. Only a fool would accept that deal"

"I could go as low as... you owing us each two Trivial Boons for following up on your information."

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Hm, indeed.

Cross looks pained for a moment when Stax makes his counter-offer. Is this Pale being naive, self-important, or just stupid? It's a hard call.

The Burned Man stays silent as Byrne haggles. Agreeing, in principle, with the Shadow's words. When Peter finishes, Cross speaks up:

"Mr. Byrne has it straight. In the end, what we have here is an unsanctioned mission, instigated by a new arrival to the city, who is coincidentally familiar with the principal targets. Someone who has just said he won't be taking any responsibility for whatever might shake loose. Good or bad." He shrugs and the gesture says it all: not very promising.

Cross pauses, weighing Stax with a look: "Take the terms set by Mr. Byrne. Give us a reason to work on this. Something other than 'it might be good for you.'" Because it might not. And we all know it.

z
    zapero12

" I am out. You have my deepest apologies for wasting your time however, this mission is too... outside the books for me." Jax then stands up offers a slight bow and leaves.

OOC: Sorry guys Iv'e got finals and need to scale back on my game play here

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Stax pursed his lips. They remain so as Jax Culmet leaves.

The Daeva's eyes lingered on the empty space. His hands steepled together, then rolled into a ball as he looked away from the Haunt and the Shadow.

Finally he met their enquiring gaze. "So be it," he uttered. His face was flat now. An emotionless mask. "Two trivial Boons it is."

P
    Peter Byrne

Now, now. There was no reason to be peevish was there?

"Thank you Mister Stax," Peter says with mild grace. "For my part, I am eager to get on top of this thorny problem." He folds the little file closed and tucks it under an arm for further review in the future.

He looks at Robert and nods his head. "I have no further questions and I will defer to Mr. Cross for now, since he has prior experience with one of our suspects." He makes a small gesture for Robert to take the lead.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

See? A little skin in the game never hurts, Mr. Stax. Fair is fair.

Cross nods, signaling his acceptance of the deal. Culmet's departure is noted, but unremarked upon. Best if the uncommitted get out before the work begins.

Taking his cue from Byrne, Cross flips through his own copy of the files one more time.

"I have some idea of how we can get in touch with Corbin..." It's clear the Burned Man doesn't feel the need to share the channels he might use to do so. At least not at present. He and Peter can take care of that later.

"As for Sanchez and Tombs, do you have any idea of their timeline? Or if they've made contact with Corbin directly as of yet? How long have they been at this?" Stax may not have the answers, but it's worth a try. Knowing the hunter's own progress will let Cross gauge how they should approach the hunchback, and how quickly.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"No. I only know they are in the city. The Ridge Motel turns up a lot in the gossip, but if they are still there...?" Stax spread his hands.

"It seems the Ridge Motel is the place if you want to lay low. Doesn't mean they have changed accommodation. Apparently that was a thing they did. Confuses pursuit."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread