Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Blood & the Gas Station

Page 4 of 28 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Charlie nods and says, "Thanks for the help brotha."

Walking back to Mairsil, he leans close to his ear and whispers, "I don't know if you were finished doing what you were doing but you better do it quick cuz the ambulance is gonna be on it's way."

M
    Matt Helm

Inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale. The smoke curled gently around Alexanders face as he respired the cigarette smoke. He had almost convinced himself to enter the diner when the man had appeared and ruined his entry.

Just his luck, all night he had spent searching for his Kindred, hoping on garnering some news when his plans for a discreet arrival had been dashed. Again he chastised himself for being too self absorbed to have noticed where the wounded man had came from.

Oh well, maybe it'll be easier to approach the 2 in the diner given the confusion.

Alexander threw his cig on the ground, crushed it with his boot and then made his way towards the diner. Ever so slowly he entered the doors and stopped inside. He now waited patiently leaving the ball in the other 2 kindreds court.

Spoiler

Charlie notices the arrival of another vampire on the scene, one he's not seen before. He feels his Beast respond.

Resolve + Composure check for Charlie. The roll receives a +1 bonus because Alexander is showing caution and keeping his distance. Mairsil needs to roll Perception to see if he notices Alexander or if he is still too focused on the body, and if he does perceive Alexander, he also needs to roll Perception, also at +1.

Before Mairsil could respond, Charlie felt the presence of another entering the room and lost focus for a moment. When he focused again he noticed a new arrival in the diner.

Note to self, waitresses make lousy guard dogs. I wonder how much you tip them if they fail to tell people to go away, then again judging from what I sense from this one. Better distract him while Mairsil is still examining the body.

"Sorry, we were in the middle of dealing with a crisis, which explains the waitress shooing everyone away. Can I help you?" Charlie asks, not in a hostile tone, more like one of puzzlement.

ST note: The waitress had been heading for the door when Alex walked in.

M
    Matt Helm

Alexander cranes his head back slightly and breathes in the scent of the diner, letting the air roll over his highly sensetive nerves. His beast stirs slightly inside of him as it adjusts to the other 2 in the room.

"I can see that. Yes, actually you could help me, although this is not the moment for that. Have the authorities been alerted?"

While he speaks, his eyes scan the diner for cameras.

There he is!

Keeping the Beast in Check

Another of your kind approaches, Mairsil.

Charlie was right, there was an ambulance on the way and they did not have much time. Then again, why would a whole bunch of vampires care in the least bit if some mortal was injured and bleeding out? They were monsters, and just because one person clasped on the floor all bloodied up didn't mean there was some kind of cosmic force from up above dictating some twisted form of fate for them to play out.

Mairsil addressed both the newcomer and Charlie at the same time, "We have no reason to stand over this man unless we are trained medical professionals. I, for one, am going to go and take my seat and wait for this mess to be over."

Roll either Wits + Composure or Wits + Larceny (whichever is higher) for Alexander to notice whether or not the diner has cameras.

M
    Matt Helm

Check for Cameras

Alexander nods at the one with the odd looking eyes.

"I agree. Although I have a need to talk to one of you.

Charlie notices the newcomer looking around and then realizes what he's looking for.

Ah cameras, nice call.

"Well I imagine one of us may have to stick around to answer questions when the ambulance gets here so we may have to wait till we can find a different place. But then again, maybe not, depending on what you needed to know Mr...?"

Charlie's voice trailed off as he waited for the stranger to fill in the blanks.

Page 4 of 28 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread