Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A quick assembly line's made and soon there's enough little sandwiches for everyone. Mhairi piles them high on a tray and brings them out for those who'd decided today was a great day to gather. "There's a few different kinds, hope they're okay."

After setting the tray down the Queen of Fear frowns, quickly making sure everyone's gotten a drink, and a snack, before she nods to herself.

Fell-flames flicker at the mirrorskin, as a drippy fingered hand picks up her own sandwich triangle, "I used to be a maid at a no-tell-motel. So yes, Alexander your job's impressive." she says with a smile.

She nibbles, nodding along as the other spoke. An interesting window into who they were...if the Dread Queen wasn't an Elemental.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

2. Likes Origins liked this post
    L
    Lucian

Lucian found the edge of his lip curling up as Alexander gave them a peek behind the curtain. "Smart, they say to do your research before an interview."

He shrugged at the reversal of the question. "I was never a nine to fiver. I guess I'm in the service industry with a side gig in retail. Supply, demand, blah, blah, blah." They didn't need the gory details. "But if you know anyone on that statehouse bank roll that wants to have a good time, or get the accessories for one, feel free to send 'em my way. I'll keep the cash, you can keep the blackmail." He grinned before taking another drink of cola.

He nodded to Morgan, "Nice. I mean, if you've got the stamina for it. I'd turn to dust. But getting paid to exercise sounds pretty good."

His own shadowed eyes sparkled with the talk of the street and a good hustle. "I could use some insider trading there. If you're ever looking for help moving those finds, I know a few good people. Small time, sure but good in that 'not a total asshat' way at least."

"Thanks, these look great."
    He said to Mhairi as she finished the sandwiches. He takes one, adding before he takes a bite. "Yeah, like those places are ever really no-tell. Bet ya saw some crazy shit. Ya know, allegedly, of course."

A
    Alexander Brown

Either there was some serious poison in this water, or he just saw the Dread Queen smile. As in, genuinely, without a grain of viciousness or cynicism. Changelings are multi-layered creatures by nature and need, but he did not see that coming. Perhaps the outburst she had the other day at the meeting was truly about the freehold, rather than someone defying her.

He turned to Morgan:

"Yeah, lawyers can be a real pain. They can, however, twist the rules of the game to their advantage without anyone noticing, and that's something that makes them admirable and dangerous at the same time. Kind of like bear traps."

Then, the rabbit-man spoke, and it made Alexander curious.

"What do you mean your way of life doesn't exist anymore? Like a pirate, or a lamplighter?" It was said in a half-joking manner, which probably didn't nullify the fact that he was prying into a life of a man he knows since not more than an hour. Still, he was genuinely interested and hoped this was enough for the jumpy guy to open up a little. "And legal non-existence is an obstacle, but let's be honest - everything I have, from my social security number to my library card is a fake. I got it way before Sacramento, with the help of some friends and money. I had to left behind most of it, but in a couple of months I should be set with fresh connections, so if you ever desire a a regular job just give me a call."

He took one of the sandwiches for himself and ate it. He wasn't all that hungry but damn, were those things tasty.

"Yeah, Lucian, I cannot see you in a cubicle farm either. But it's good to hear you found out your own niche." For a moment, he wanted to clarify what that niche was, exactly, but after the Fairest mentioned blackmail it became painfully apparent. "And thanks for the offer. I'm definitely interested and will be in touch." A genuine smile on his face, this time. He had his doubts, initially, but they all seemed to be a good bunch.

The Bunny
    Artemis

MASK: Tousled red hair, pale skin and freckles. Mussed with dirt. Art often wares a coat and has a habit of going barefoot.

MEIN: A human sized, anthropromorphic rabbit creature. He has classic rabbit shaped feet, hence why he goes unshod as often as possible.
    Artemis Pledges

Artemis Pledges

PRE

Art saw sandwiches. Nose twitching he gently stole one and tried it.

"I was out for some time." The bunny let the words fall like crumbs from his mouth. The sandwiches were good. He reached for another. "I was taken in 1984. World's changed a lot since then. So has the environmental movement... So I don't exactly fit anymore. And I was in a different country."

He couldn't say much more as he filled his mouth.
    The Calm March Hare
    ARTEMIS Beast: Runnerswift
    | Summer Mantle 2 (A sense of rising heat, with hints of forest humous and leaf litter)
    Fast Reflexes| Fleet of Foot 1

6. Likes , Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Artemis was...a pan handler then? And he seemed to have other problems too. Morgan looked up from sandwich cutting, "1984? Wow Mr...uh, Bunny heh whose name I nay ken," no one had said Artemis's name since Morgan had arrived, "Oh, Imma Morgan tis grand to meet ye! But, uh, if ye art seeking work I ken lots of heh folks and could easily send courier jobs thine way. Not to stereotype us Beasts, just in case ye art athletic in thine interests, heh. I didn't need ID to heh start the job at all." He was a bunny and thos animals were known for speed after all. Or for being cute and leaving candy, so Morgan shrugged it off.

She went back to cutting as she kept talking. She grinned at Lucian's remark, "Tis great excercise! Personally I likes running rooftops for joy 'lo sometimes the bicycle tis more efficient. Safe too, well Imma traceur so roofs tis mostly safe for me, heh. Job though I hath nary trouble with a client, uh, heh here," The worst trouble she'd ever had was back in Chicago but that job had involved Yakuza. In Sacramento the most trouble she had had with (literally) running jobs had come from canines.

As for the revelation of Mhairi's maid job, even Morgan could get what a no tell motel meant. She did have to ask: "Mhairi? Did they make ye don a maid outfit? Or just a name tag?"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

She's all smiles and good cheer.

Though her Elementalisum makes it very, very hard for her to realize that the Mirrorskin would find this..odd.

"Thanka." she chirps with a smile, "I literally, just threw them together. You all saw that."

Brow furrows as Mhairi imagines just what the Spring did for cash. And what a politician could use as blackmail. Suddenly it dawned on her and her moonlit glow, flushed a bright pink before she could bring it back under control.

A laugh. "Allegedly." then to Morgan, her nose crinkling up remembering the shoes. "Yeah, I had a uniform. The horrible itchy polyester one with horrible white low heeled, squared toed shoes. Ugh."

Listening to Artemis she nods, completely understanding that sort of displacement. She'd missed twenty years between when she was Taken and when she was Evicted.

"Artemis, Morgan." Mhairi offers her Paladin a soft smile as she gives the raccoon the bunny's name.

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    L
    Lucian

He was always suspicious of the establishment sort, but Alexander being game for a bit of non-standard networking cast that aside in this case. "Nice -- I like to be sure I'm working with people who deserve it." Alexander didn't seem like the petty sort, but he'd be taking his word on who might be up for some messing with.

"I'm guessing you mean for real rooftops,"
    said to Morgan. "That parkour shit is awesome. I mean, the videos make it look easy. I went to a training class once. Ran up to those cushiony walls and -- Nope, not happening. Don't know what I'd do if I got up there anyway."

He nearly did a spit-take as Artemis confessed how long he had been out of the loop. "No way. '84 -- We've got to get you up to speed." He looked him over. "I'm glad you didn't keep the day glow. First thing -- the internet is awesome now. If you want to see what the granola crunch, tree happy folk are doing, you'll find it there. Bet a library card won't be that hard to come by, but you could always come over to my room and use my clunker laptop if you need it." He smirked and added, "I'll blast the cache beforehand, don't worry."

He gave a shudder in solidarity of Mhairi's old uniform. "Yikes, glad you got out. Sounds better than the thorns but, with a pump like that, only just barely."

A
    Alexander Brown

"I'm glad you found me deserving of the partnership. I promise it will be profitable and fun... for both of us." Alexander replied to the Shadowsoul.

So Artemis was a poacher, then. Just a working theory, but it all made sense - the mention of environmental movements, the twisted Fae logic transforming him into prey rather than predator... it seemed mostly irrelevant for the moment, but who knows?

"You do parkour, Morgan? I mean, I could suspect as much from what was seen and told, but you also seem to be quite handy with a knife. Were you a cook in the past, maybe?"

Honestly, he couldn't imagine Morgan in a proffessional kitchen for some reason. Maybe she was a sportswoman? Not to mention other, less savory possibilities...

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Oh, heh sorry Mhairi. Good shoes art most important methinks. Thine new occupation tis a vast improvement!" She smiled at her queen with honest support.

Morgan nodded in answer to the question from Lucian, "Rooftops tis the most calming and fun for me heh. But it doth also work for alleys, crowds, junkyards, heh, and aught else for obstacles. It doth take much time to master it tis true," she nodded grimly, "but it hath saved my life in and out of the Thorns, heh." After a moment she grimaced before quietly admitting, "Lo I suppose most folks nary heh hang upside from rooftops to relax as I am wont to do, heh heh." she shrugged and laughed it off at the end.

Morgan quirked an eyebrow at Alexander's questioning her culinary abilities. She slowly shook her head, confused as she spoke, "Nooo, I hath nary trained in cooking. Twas once an athlete, I think, but nary hath a thing to do with knives a'fore coming heh here. All I ken of blades I learned heh here to better safeguard mine friends and the Freehold heh heh." It was true, she'd picked up the skills with blades after the death of the Four Seasons hotel.

It had seemed a natural option for her, given her athletic skills, to rely upon a plethora of thrown blades instead of training as a total novice in something else. Work with what you got.

"Well met Artemis, I...huh?" Morgan's ear twitched, her eyes darting to the back door. She though she heard something. It sounded like a tiny voice shouting sci...uh oh. "My pardon Mhairi and folks, heh, but there tis aught I must check in the uh shed. Yeah back there heh no need for aid," she cast a "this is troublesome" look to Mhairi before giving her queen a reassuring grin, "Totally hath under control, no worries, heh."

And then she darted off outside to the back yard to check her concerns. And address them in the shed.

Morgan exits the scene and probably the venue, she is retiring. Thank you folks for the fun!

13. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi laughs, the Thorns would always be worse, but it was nice to hear another who truly understood her shoe-pain.

Nibbling on another triangle Mhairi watches Lucian and Alexander seemingly cement their partnership. Which, might lead to a few interesting stories.

Mhairi hears the voice the same time as the steepscrambler, and groans. "Thanks Morgan for dealing with...uh-nothing. I needed a brake from...nothing." an obvious lie, but it looked like it was a secret to Autumn.

"So!" Mhairi chirps, the stalls. "...uh. Do any of you have any more conversation topics?" Mhairi to bring her mind off Erich Zahn and his Science! but she just couldn't'. It was a wonder that no one else in the 'hold knew of their strange attic resident.

Sorry for the hold up, didn't know if Yumyumcrow wanted to get the last couple posts out for Artemis or not!

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.