Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Alien Call) The Seneschal's Briefing

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Katsuro Tomori

He parked his Tesla a few blocks from The Nox, safety being a primary concern, and his car being flashy he kept it away from home base. The short reserved man wouldn't draw any attention, quiet and timid he heads on into the club, sticking to the shadows. Tomori headed on to the slightly familiar steps and then descended on to the awaiting predators in the Seneschals office. He could hear voices inside, and took a moment to listen, obviously as the last to arrive he would need to play catch up, but he could ask questions later.

Word around the Chapter House was that Hart-the-Haunt had need of an occult expert. That was well within his field and so he had come. Katsuro was hoping to make up for the awful debacle at court where he bounced around anxiety driven in a new environment, not unlike a macaque, native to his homeland. After taking a moment to prepare for the onslaught of fresh beasts, he entered the room quietly bowing to the Nosferatu who had saved him from embarassment in court. He knew she did not see it as such, but the Ventrue still felt he had a debt to pay for that small kindness. Hopefully solving this problem with the alcheists would do just that.

"Pardon my lateness Seneschal. I only recently learned of your request for volunteers." he said, accent clear and tone timid as his baritone rang out to the group. He took a spot against the wall, wishing to blend in and waited for everyone to continue. If things went as planned, he would just be an advisory role. Granted he did notice at least one other Dragon in attendance, one whom he hadn't met yet. As Cross-the-Nos went on speaking and introducing himself, he realized he should probably do so too. One of the things he was often chided for was his social skills. The Japanese businessman could write iron clad negotiations that even a king would agree to, and make so much off it....but the day to day shmoozing was always left up to his underlings, Japanese business was so different than American one could almost forget not everyone who earned their money was so...suave....Every interaction in the states however he realized how much he had to learn before his blood thickened...assuming he were to heed his Sires requests.

"Katsuro Tomori, Clan Ventrue of the Ordo Dracul." He quietly posited when a moment arrived in conversation.

Scylla makes polite noises and excuses herself (Exits Scene).

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Scylla makes her exit and their late arrival makes his entriance.

"Good evening, Mister Tomori. Lyssa." The slight ghoul at the Doll's arm picks up a folder on the magnificent desk, and hand it to the Japaneses man. A written account of what's already been discussed.

Turning to the Name-Thief. "Yes, because I'm idiotic enough to simply walk into a trap. A public meeting, isn't what we're seeking, we wouldn't be able to speak openly, and like Whip Cross said, if we need to confront them for whatever reason. It would be unwise to do so in public Besides, myself and Whip Cross have been to Joe's Repairs before, we already know it's lay out, and we'll know if something's changed.

"Whip Cross will go in Cloaked, and report back. Then we can carry on from there."

Alice's hollow voice, threaded with a mockery of authority.

"As for the reagents, it's not so simple. It a pinch of this, or that. It's esoteric things. The Alchemists said it could be anything we want. According to our will. When we met these Alchemists, they assumed we were some other creature, and we didn't dissuade them. The expected us to already know what the 'Golden Dawn' was. So we didn't ask questions. There was...someone with us." says the Haunt, not wanting to name Alessandra, "That didn't want anything to do with it, or them, so our conversation was cut short.

"Mister Culmet, Mister Tomori, there was more then simply the beacon, so I assume there will be other experiments when we arrive. Though, perhaps they should be handled by in a case by case basis."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Jaqen, unlimited sink liked this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

There we go again. The unliving icycle sharpening and creaking, as if ready to fall and pierce someone any second. He wondered if that was simply how she rolled, or was there anyone in the room that she needed to impress. Scylla had already left, and he doubted she gave a crap about the two Dragons' opinion (or his own, for that matter) so that left only...

Anyway, he should still make his case. Meets in the middle of nowhere look great in the movies, but not so much in real life, when your own existence is on the line.

"No need to get antsy, Seneschal. What I'm saying is this: you've not been there in months. For all we know the place was booby-trapped since then, or there could be any number of nasty surprises these Alchemists could've set up, especially if they got wind you lied to them. Even if we manage to off them easily, that leaves us with bodies to disappear and their friends to take care of. A lot of hassle, a lot of security threats. That's why I suggested a public meet. Makes you feel less like a gangster movie protagonist, but also ensures everyone stays civil. And as for the talk itself... that's what the clubspeak was invented for."

"But fine, have it your way. I'll have your back regardless."

That's his area of expertise. Doing meets, looking threatening, taking care of trouble-makers. But alchemy? Thanks, but no, thanks. He wondered if the more scientifically-minded of their group had something to say about it. Turning to Tomori and Culmet, he asked:

"So, any of you heard abot this Golden Dawn? Or an elixir with ingredients shaped by the maker's will? I think we could all use some chemistry classes here."

z
    zapero12

Jax turns toward Robert, " I have not heard of it but I can not wait to see what it is.. Also I'm sure the Seneschal has considered these things and still has asked us to come for the reason our skills fit the task at hand."

Jax is filled with scientific curiosity.. What is this thing???

K
    Katsuro Tomori

The Ventrue listened and read, or read and listened. It really depended on who was speaking. The Supplicant arched an eyebrow as the Lance tried to make his opinion...clearer...ever the blunt objects. The Sanctified did however, posit a question and something rang a bell...

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-18 13:44:11 Katsuro Tomori rolls 7 to Have I heard of this Golden Dawn or Elixer? (Int 3+Occult 4) (10 Again) 4, 6, 10, 2, 8, 9, 4, 6 3 successes

While his mind processed the information on the page and tried to recall where he heard some of this information, he spoke up. "Have we considered buying them out?" he asked curiously. If their research had merit, this might prove a more useful tactic.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Scylla makes her departure. So much for grand declarations. Then, as if on cue, Katsura arrives to take her place. A clenching of Cross's jaw belies his momentary struggle with the proximity of another new Beast. Nonetheless, the Dragon receives a nod from the Burned Man. Better late than never.

His attention returns to Alice. "My pleasure, Seneschal," he assents when she hands him the assignment of scouting the repair shop.

And as for the Bruiser with the bright ideas, all he gets from Cross is a stare.

No need to get antsy, Seneschal.

The scars on Cross's hands tingle. His fingers are flexed, to keep them from balling into fists. What he wouldn't give to work this Pale over, rearrange his limbs in surprising new ways. Teach him that, in the absence of respect, it might be best to keep your mouth shut.

No, instead he just levels those ugly blue eyes on Longstreet until he's finished speaking. There's plenty of time for lessons in a more private setting.

As they discuss the scientific angle of the mission, Cross seems to sink into himself. He's attending to the discussion, but it's not his strong suit. So, for now, he keeps quiet. Though his brows furrow slightly at the Ventrue's suggestion of "buying out" the alchemists. Would financial incentives really work on Breathers like these?

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Her Robert receives a nod, a smooth, strings pulled nod.

The motion ends when her attention is taken by the Name-Thief.

"Mister Longstreet, I know you do not have the capacity to hide your Beast, let alone Cloak yourself. So I understand why you might not know what I mean by that term. Whip Cross will be effectively invisible and he will scout ahead, then report back. Explaining all those changes that might have happened, or the trap that could have been placed.

"A public meeting, I have explained why I'm against, and here's another reason. These Alchemists, jumpy fuckers."
    that's right folks Alice is swearing. Maybe she just didn't like the Name-Thief. "They nearly ran away from the initial meeting, and they were actively baiting monsters. Monsters they've never met before. We would never get them to agree to a public meeting anyway."

Smoothly, near inhumanly, Alice turns her attention towards the Dragons in the room. "Exactly Mister Culmet."

"In what way Mister Tomori? They are a pair of Alchemist who's experiments reside in an old rotting repair shop. The only thing I can think of that might interest them are rare tomes. They'd hunted fair and wide for what they've already found. Scouring secret logs for their beacon. If you wish to buy them out, or bribe them. That is their currency."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

11. Likes Jaqen, unlimited sink liked this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

"I understood what you mean, Seneschal, but I still think we should do this the night before, at the latest, and that it's a two-man job. But it seems you've made your decision."

He listenes to the two Dragons talking. One of them openly admits lack of nowledge, but that spark in the eye of the Japanese-looking guy... could it hint to some understanding? At this moment, he felt the gaze of the Burned Man on him, and instantly knew the guy means business. This is not a regular office-holders solidarity, it runs deeper, has a more private taste to it. Forget casing the place, Robert was certain the other Nosferatu could do it on his own with ease, but he needed a pretense to have some alone time with him, because yet another Damned actively distasting him was the last thing he needed, especially if he could convince him to form something akin to an alliance.

"A fair point" was his only comment as to why they'd never agree to do a public meet. "And I agree, from the description you've given they don't sound like the people who are after any currency we can provide. But if they flinched so easily, that probably means they are not used to things like this, and by extension - they act alone, no real underworld group'd vouch for people this green."

Robert adopts a more relaxed stance, signifying that he's done giving advice and expects the briefing to be over soon. He'll definitely hit up his street contacts in the coming nights, but the real push will come to shove at the night of the meet.

z
    zapero12

Jax moves his head around the room following whoever is talking and when there is an opening turns his head toward the Seneschal " Seneschal I do you have anymore details about these beings? Description perhaps? If not then I think we have our assignment."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread