Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1704) Sanctuary 6

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis couldn't help but smile when one of the symbol's of the seers was torn away, consigned to ash and tatters, a perfect metaphor, in her mind, for what happened to a lie once the truth was out.

She nodded then, when Star met her eyes, and flicked her gaze once towards Thrope, the answer to a question that had been asked.

Then, that message delivered, she levered herself up from the pew she had been sharing with the Unicorn, not to stand, but to instead rise so that she was sitting on the back of the pew, her sky blue tennis shoes perched atop the seat.

"In other news,"
    Avis announced, then, nodding towards Faye, "another victory was struck on the voyage through the Clock." The warlock paused then, taking in the blank, or confused faces of the newcomers, and realized that she had to backtrack a bit.

"As those of you who have just arrived today don't know, the war we're fighting is on two fronts. One, is here, in this city, in this time. It's the same war all Awakened fight. The second front, though, is a bit different. The agents of the exarchs have found some way to crack open the time stream and meddle with events from the past. The last great Hierarch of Sacramento, however, Peter Cartwright, aka Arthur, managed to construct an artifact,with two other Masters, that allows us to slip back along that same stream whenever the Seers enter it. Basically, they're trying to brute force hack reality, and we're stopping them.

"On the last excursion, in 1990's Florida, we met with Arthur,"
    Avis eyes stole towards Star, then, and she paused, a fleeting expression crossing her face before she turned back to the fresh blood and continued.

"He was being targeted by a Scelesti, who happened to be the 449th person added to the FBIs most wanted list, Andrew Cunanan. Faye, Tuesday, and myself were able to kill Cunanan before he could summon an Acamoth into being. Another Magi, though, Strix, was eaten by the Abyss in the attempt..."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Yep." her 'p' pops. "A War." her rasp sounds a bland, but her eyes don't focus. Her minds rerunning the last step Strix took.

Once they refocus she notices the twinge on the blond's fey face. She looks...soft. Unused to hardship. A city at war over the whole of reality....might not be a great place for her. But by her words, she's willing to know more...Time will tell if she'll stick around and see the war through.

The pretty-boy gets a look. Not the same one she'd given Thrope, but one nonetheless, because Matter. What's up with all the Matter-peeps? Also. What's up with Matter?

Then Star's bringing out the Thingy, and he's doing a thing to the Thingy. Which makes all go poof. Well not quite poof. Better the just poof. Since Magic-Matter-Acid...then there's dust-poofing. Tuesday waves a hand in the air, since, don't wanna breathe in Thingy Dust. Maybe Campanella would like some. He was totally into Dust.

"Yeeaaahh...the radio was guarded, by guards-mage ones and also a creepy-murder doll. It wasn't awesome. The stealing part was. I got to use my Heist-Goggles, so plus. Also. Would Steal Again." not the radio, she already did that. But there was lots of nifty stuff in the gallery's back room. Lots that was with wishing to be made off with by a unicorn.

Then in Avis' blunt way of hers lays out all the Things that were making the unicorn fret.

"So Yeah. Arthur, met him in an alley. He got his wallet stolen by a..someone." Her hazels totally don't travel towards Star. "Actually it was outside a club in Miami. Like around last call. Old-Arthur-Peter Cartwright-Whatever was at a club around last call. In Miami...uh..." her unicorn mind starts to canter. "He was like a hundred plus. I don't know whether to be icked out or impressed. Also, confusing me is that when we got to his Sanctum, we got milk and cookies. Like he was an awesome host slash grandpa...but last call."

It might take the unicorn a bit to restart her brain.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella didn't see it coming till Star wove his spell. Sure, he noticed the Guardian produce the Artefact; he caught what Star was saying. The threads caught him by surprise; so did the Guardian's Mastery.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-08 03:10:22 Campanella to hide emotions rolls 4 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 1, 1, 9, 7 1 success
    2017-04-08 03:08:36 Campanella to see the Supernal rolls 1 to Wits + Occult - Potency (10 Again, Chance) 10, 2 1 success

And then a piece of the Supernal was gone. Typical Guardian!

He desperately hid the flicker of horror that sped across his face in a blink and a childish grimace, as one who was struggling with exhaustion and tired eyes. At least the Mystogogue managed to hold his tongue.

"Will this radio be meeting a similar fate?" That slipped out before he could control himself. At least it was intoned as a question and not an accusation.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

6. Likes Xander, , West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"Thank you." Pretty sure that counts as being recognized in the city. Ladder going to Ladder, unless there's another that'd leave Faye in charge. That talk can wait. The pretty boy has a good point, laws are a thing. At least these laws, these get enforced with gusto. "Second on seeing the laws at some point." Though it is said like an absent minded thought spoken out loud.

Thrope's jaw falls open as the Obrimos Councilor disintegrates a Seer artifact. Well probably the Obrimos Councilor, whatever was formed is invisible to Thrope. Note to self, get someone to go over Seers 102, what the fuck that was.

The radio is forgotten as talk of cracks in time happens. "I..."

"Ok wait, time travel? Honest to whatever? Time travel? How is that not breaking..." A hand moves tentatively then waves around. "Everything?" If this had been brought up before Star had destroyed an Artifact, Thrope would have called bullshit. But now the Thyrsus is a bit more curious about how Time hasn't shit itself...or on someone.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    M
    Marguerite

She gripped at her purse tighter as Star brought out the vestment. She fully believed that Magic was an act of God -- a ritual destruction of a profane object was right in line for her. The miracle of it vanishing, a work of craft she couldn't comprehend yet, only sealed it as such. She bowed her head, saying a quiet, "Amen," as the act was finished.

She pivoted back to attention at the rest of the overview. Her face saddened at hearing that one of their numbers, this Strix, had fallen in the struggle. She may not have known him but it was never good news. Even a small body count wasn't exactly a boost for confidence either. Her head swam at the talk of time travel, a sphere she was without any real knowledge of. She understood it was all possible but -- she couldn't hold the 'how' of it in her head for long. The radio though, something of power plucked from its seat, it pulled at her. "I would help where I can. I cannot say that theft is ever my first choice, but they have given up such niceties, haven't they?"

She took Campanella's question at face value, she didn't really know him after all. Looking from him to Star, she asked, "Yes, will these other things also be done away with? Anything under watch of a 'murder doll' does not seem welcoming."

She looked to Thrope a little curiously. He did seem distracted but she wasn't sure why he seemed so trouble. They all knew how reality could be bent and changes, no? Though, she did think he brought up something. "This 'Clock' it is the artifact of your Arthur, the once Hierarch, yes? This is within our control. Then the agents, they are using a similar device or specific ah -- crack in the stream? Is this what these raids, radios and dolls and all, are trying to uncover?" She couldn't entirely put the pieces of the time travel together herself, but if there was a fixed thing they were searching for she could at least hold that as focus.

Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bolide watched the cloak disintegrate under the power of the hidden sigil with mixed feelings. The Seers were obviously a force to be fervently opposed, but the Artifact's disintegration by the will of a single Councilor? What if another Councilor decided an Apostate's stuff could meet the same fate? Bolide didn't keep the Shroud so he could be the guy that got it destroyed.

"I'm ready to help wherever and whenever I'm needed." Bolide said as much to Star as he did to Avis after she explained the other front of the war. His earlier smile strained just slightly from the weight of his newly conflicted feelings. "My background is in science and engineering, and as I've said I have a knack for Matter. If either of you think that could be useful in our war, I can give you my number before I go."

Tuesday saying she was a thief was enough to reestablish eye contact, even if only to offer a cold stare. The stare quickly faded though, as more information on the time jump is absorbed. Campanella's question gets an approving nod, while Marguerite got a curious tilt of his head. "If someone used magic to make a murder doll, then someone has something worth going pretty far to keep. Sounds to me like something worth having, rather then destroying."

11. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Why's everyone looking at an Angel whenever Arthur comes up?

Okay, sure, Arthur was an Obrimos. And maybe Jack knew him best out of Vee Tee but that didn't really mean anything but that he'd had one or two more convos with the guy. On the other hand? Wait for it.

Technically, he'd recruited the last great Hierarch of Sacramento into his cabal. Think about it. Now scratch that off the bucket list.

Also, think about it or real. Arthur was Peter Cartright? Whoah, Nelly. Because Smiley's People. That's a lot to take in. Did they call him Arthur? Peter? Had the poor guy spent like... a hundred years without AC/DC ? Questions, yo. The Angel has 'em.

Oh, right. Other questions.

"Okaaaaaay. So. We'll call whoever wants to help whenever. And, like, I hate to be all, like, Mister No Fun? But I'm so over arguing about magic stuff. Ever watch Sesame Street? One of these Artificacs is not like the other. Here's a hint for short bus: Seer stuff. Anyway. The Cliff Notes version is, whoever finds whatever gets to decide."

Seriously, people. The Keep It or Destroy It argument is sooooo played out. Bring it up when you're talking about your own toys. Vee Tee gonna do what Vee Tee do. Speaking of radio?

I Am Jack's Transmission Suspicion.

"Oh. And, like. Yeah. There's copies of the Laws and stuff laying around, peeps. Just, you know, look around."

He liked Thrope didn't get wound up over Magical!Destruction. Because Time Travel is totally more important. Long fingers fished a card and pen out of pockets, wrote on it, and flipped it over to the Thyrsus. This guy? Still digesting Arthur. And Cunanan. And Acamoth.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Xander, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Ahem." Campanella coughed politely, fished for a handkerchief as a bit of extras cover. Pretending to wipe his nose gave him a moment's respite. "Fair enough. Good to know where we stand on the issue."

Taking a breath he focussed his attention on Thrope... And by extension the sudden glut of new arrivals.

"Oh I believe that Things have been broken, Thrope. From my understanding when this conflict started the Awakened history of this city was almost completely rewritten. We lost people in more ways than one - along with resources and material. I do not know how the Circle survived to be honest; one supposes that we had outside help as its been only since then that our Sanctuary has had the travel mechanism."

For added emphasis he nodded over to the curious mechanical gearing that marked the clock embedded in the floor.

"Has anyone managed to figure out why we were sent back to those specific points in history yet?" He spared the others a glance. "There must be a reason why the mechanism sends us to those points... Ah... Ahead of myself. The mechanism has sent us back to three points in particular so far: the Titanic; the day the Bastille fell; and... Peter Cunanan? Uhm... The 1990s, Florida."

He lifted a hand to smooth his brow.

"Er. The team on the Titanic stopped the Seer's bringing some sort of zombie army into the States? Uhm... The Bastille held an Obelisk of some sort, which the Seers were attempting to move. We put paid to that. The Obelisk disintegrated when I reached out to it... Ah! I've extracted the residue from my clothing so it might yet prove useful. Scelesti? Acamoth?"

The Moros' voice ran into complete surprise.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

15. Likes West liked this post

Speaking of magical items, since we're play-testing 2E Sight, those with Supernal Vision/Prime Sight active can see that Bolide's hoodie/jacket is magical in nature.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

The Archangel rises a brow looking down at what he thought to be a mere decoration of the Circle. The constant talk about the battle of time that unfolded many times always catched his attention, however he never got to know more about the phenomena.

"I heard the Circle itself made it possible to fight back the Seers' raid into the past... But it somehow got a will of its own, and works just when it needs to, isn't it? Not something we can control at all."

Michael listened to Campanella's explanation beside Thrope, arms folded.

"Good, now everyone is updated on the status of the war, right?" His concern is noticeable. A lover of peace, the idea of taking part in a war haunted the Obrimos.the words of his lost cousin came to his mind. Only those willing to fight can truly achieve peace.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread