Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1704) Sanctuary 6

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

This is either a really weird joke on new people or someone's info is very out of date. A slow breath leaves Thrope as it becomes clear this probably isn't going to hit the fan. Shoulders fall and the bag is placed gently on the ground. The beginning of a small smile cracks as the happy one cracks a joke and then grows as Unicorns are referenced. ..culture thing? That can wait for later.

A nod so thrown to the guy Looking. That Look is more unnerving now that people can look at your soul with it. "Thrope, Thyrsus of the Arrow. I got into town a few days ago." Thumbs hook into front pockets, a nod that freezes as Thrope looks at Faye. Damnnn

Pulling his focus back. "I wasn't sure I had the right building. Back home we stayed close to the ground because there were a lot of assholes around town."

2. Likes Cayce, West, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    M
    Marguerite

Marguerite fidgets at the hem of her dress with her gold painted nails, having fretted about what would be appropriate for far too long. It's still too much. It's not a cocktail party, what was I thinking ... she thought, brushing down the fabric at her lap. She'd have to simply accept it as too late to change. She had the cab driver stop a block away, using the walk as another opportunity to calm some of her nerves about throwing herself into the gears of a world she'd really only recently discovered.

She put her chunky sunglasses into her white, beaded clutch as she neared the church. As she entered she paused to take the cross of her gold rosary wrapped around her wrist between her hands, eyes closing as she said a small prayer. Whatever else it was being used for, it was a church's design.

As she opened her eyes they lighted on the group forming. She put on her best smile, mostly earnest too with the chance to get out of her worries and actually talk to someone here. Not even her heels stopping her quiet stride and she took a place beside Thrope as he was finishing his own introduction. "I'm not the only one, then. Wonderful," her French accent ringing clear, though she did try to soften it somewhat in the face of strangers.

She offered a smile to Thrope, "Pardon, I don't mean to barge in but I'm new myself." She shared the smile with the rest of the group, bowing her head in greeting, her hands folded over her purse and held in front of herself, "I'm Marguerite, Obrimos of The Silver Ladder. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

Rolls

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella opens a bleary eye.

His eye, red rimmed, roves across the chamber. It notes Thrope and to his credit the Moros manages a welcoming mumble; his eye continues to scan the Circle, passing over Marguerite...

Double take.

His other eye pops open. That is about the limit of his movement, however. There is a half hearted attempt to shift his weight and posture on his pew, but today, the Mystogogue is simply too beat to put in the effort.

"Welcome." He manages feebly, his face directed toward Marguerite, yet somehow the word seemed to included Thrope as well. "Campanella. Moros Councillor." This from a man who looked neither awakened nor particularly Councillor material in his jeans and dye stained shirt. With his hair sticking up like the comb of a manic rooster.

He let his eyes close, then thought better of it. Turning his attention (painfully slowly) to Tuesday and the others, he managed to speak more clearly.

"I have managed to extract viable quantities of dust and other fragments from the Obelisk." There was no triumph in his voice; he was too spent. Extracting Supernal pixie dust from old clothes had tested him.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

5. Likes Cayce, West, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

A snort. "Saying it's cute doesn't get you your info faster mister." hazels look at the mop headed angel that was offering a unicorn's rit bribe to Faye. "Not even a hint. Gotta wait for Avis. This is. Welp. You'll understand when we get all the information out. There's...a lot. Like a lot, a lot."

"Huh. Hi." Tuesday turns in her pew and waves at the new comers. [COLOR="#990066"]"Thrope. You're Arrow buddy isn't here. That would be Avis bee tee dubs. But the hot blond in the sweet leggings that will mostly hit you if you try for her coffee is Faye. Shaman Councilor. She is also a Thearch so there is that. And other blond girl. Hi. You're looking for this mop headed fool next to me for your angel-typed Councilor.

"I am Tuesday. I'm awesome. I like strawberry things." her mason jar's lifted, "I can also totally be bribed with strawberry things. You should all get me a strawberry treat. But no cheap junk. Star. You've totally spoiled me." she blinks, "Aaaanyway I'm a Unicorn which equals Acanthus. Apostate. And Councilor." her rasp was full of forced cheer.

She (and Avis and Faye) were gonna have to talk about Cunanan, Strix, the Clock, Arthur...in front of whoever shows and these newbies.

She was seriously wondering why she got up this morning.

...it was the strawberries. Definitely the strawberries.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes Cayce, West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Poor new Arrow.

It's okay. He'll get used to it. Takes time and practice. Like the new chick? Totally not staring. In a city full of Fayes and Varyx', the ocular muscles get buffed like a Mastigos who doesn't read much. Also, winner winner chicken dinner. Thrope gets to do the stare Up Close because Concilor. Him? He kept trying to stare at Marguerite's craft, but it kept crumbling. Someone get her and Camper Van Beethoven and teach the A-B-Cs.

"I've managed to extract viable quantities of strawberry and other fruits into milk." He totally whispered to Tuesday in a somber whisper full of Campanella's inflection. So wrong. But so funny. "I like to spoil my girls." He stood and ruffled the unicorn's hair lightly, because it was totally begging for it.

"Okay, Thearch Marguerite ."
    His fingers snapped like chalk breaking. It's business time, yo. "Before I, as your Councilor, because I am a Councilor and you are an Obrimos and because Archangel Michael isn't here, can extend the wonderfully wise and much prized but easily earned welcoming hand of the River-y City Consilium, I will need you to demonstrate a fast cast so that I am able to henceforth and furthermore be known as the JAMMs... wait, wrong deal. Henceforth and furthermore be able to vouch for your craft and identity. Yes, that's the right deal. So... fast cast away."

Marguerite. Yep. Michael was gonna love this chick.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The doors to the Circle opened once again, though this time, it was not a newcomer, but the only other mage to have stayed alive in the city as long as Councilor "JAMMS".

Avis paused in the doorway, having caught the tale end of Star's challenge, and gave a half shrug.

"Don't let me interrupt,"
    she said with a smile, sliding past the new comers and strolling towards her cabal on the pristine soles of new tennis shoes. A pair of black, loose fitting nylon pants and a grey, knitted shirt with "THE CLASH" printed in black letters completed the rest of her outfit, but what was most notable was that, unlike most of those in the Circle, she actually looked happy and well kept...

Surprising, given that she'd basically been a ghost in her cabal's sanctum after she got back from Florida. In fact, the last time Tuesday had seen her, she'd been worshipping the porcelain god in Faye's apartment. And Star...

Well, he hadn't really seen her at all. Though that was something she'd take care of once the meeting was over.

"Psst, Tuesday,"
    Avis whispered and she plopped down next to the Unicorn. "Do you think we got reinforcements because of Arthur?"

7 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-03 15:05:24 Avis rolls 9 to Space Sight (gnos4+space5) (10 Again) 5, 9, 9, 1, 5, 10, 7, 8, 10, 6, 10, 9 7 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, West, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An Arrow and a Thyrsus. Seems like she wasn’t a Path of one anymore, well, if he stuck around anyways.

The other new chick gets a once over before Faye goes back to her drinks. Yes, drinks, she was totally drinking both the Monster and the coffee. If anyone had an issue or thought it was bizarre, it wasn’t her problem.

So she gets a new Path member and another Thearch, fun fun.

A look was offered to Tuesday at the description, and then a grin before she shakes her head.

“Wow, if I had known I’d get that type of intro in my training clothes, I would have worn them more often.”
    She says with a wink to the Unicorn. “But yeah, I’m Faye, Thyrsus Counselor and Thearch.” She slowly stands to her full height, “So Thrope, what brings you to Sacramento?” he was her main concern, Star had the other blonde as her Councilor.

A smile and wave was offered to Avis as she made her entrance.

13. Likes , West liked this post
    Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

(Supernal Vision)Mana 5 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Matter matters.

It sounded redundant in Bolide's head, but as the Circle of Creation came into view he couldn't help but think it anyway. DC had it's own impressive structures, but he had always spent his time looking up rather then around in that city. Either way the cathedral was definitely a step up aesthetically from the motels he was looking at checking into. Unless people didn't stay here, then it was just a bummer.

He parked his car, and the man who finally stepped into the Circle was dressed fairly casually. Considering how profoundly well his morning castings went Bolide decided not to overdo anything else today if he could help it. Still, the subtle signs of effort were there. Clean shaven, hair done up, and nothing with gaping holes this time around. The leather jacket he wore could be considered dressing up, but it's nature wasn't something he felt the need to flaunt.

As he approached the group he drew on the power of his Watchtower to finish the work he had started that morning. A golden glyph formed, and then faded. Cloaked from Sight, it no less effectively revealed the layers of willworking on the mages gathered.

"Hello all." He smiled as he waved to the group. The blondes got a quick look first, because wow, and he eventually scanned the rest of the partly downtrodden group. "My name is Bolide. Obrimos Apostate. I was hoping to join this concilium and was told to talk to Councilor Star. So, um, who am I talking to?"

And the scanning continues...

Cloaked Supernal Vision cast in scene, Cloaked Unseen Aegis and failed rolls before with duration factors
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-03 16:07:35 Bolide rolls 4 to Improvised and Cloaked Unseen Aegis (Matter+Gnosis-2 Adv Prolong) (10 Again) 10, 6, 3, 6, 5 1 success
    2017-04-03 16:06:12 Bolide rolls 5 to Improvised and cloaked Supernal Vision (Prime+Gnosis) (10 Again) 5, 2, 3, 9, 3 1 success
    2017-04-03 16:04:40 Avis rolls 5 to Think with portals! (gnos4+space5+2 HS-6encountered) (10 Again) 8, 8, 5, 6, 2 2 successes
    2017-04-03 16:04:20 Bolide rolls 3 to Improvised and cloaked Dark matter (Matter+Gno-2 Adv Prolong-1 retry) (10 Again) 1, 6, 7 failure
    2017-04-03 16:03:51 Bolide rolls 4 to Improvised and cloaked Dark matter (Matter+Gno-2 Adv Prolong) (10 Again) 6, 2, 2, 2 failure

15. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thank God...Gods? No one was ever really clear on that. That the old man never said look but don't touch. Cause really, look around. Keep it in the pants, focus, your here to introduce yourself not look like a simpleton.

"No problem." The Thyrsus replies to the smoking Theurgist. No really, not a damn problem there. Thrope bows his head to each Councilor as they identify themselves. An eyebrow twitching as Moros mentions extracting dust. That's a story right there. Followed by The Unicorn and Mr serious-not-serious.

Lastly to his fellow Runner. That much caffeine probably would fuck up anyone but a Thyrsus. "I needed a fresh start and my Uncle said that Sacramento could use more mages and boots on the ground." Eyes flick to the other new guy, then move back to Faye. "So I went with it. There wasn't any room for me back home."

M
    Marguerite

She nods and smiles to Campanella, even with his bleary state. She'd only just been getting over the jet lag of her trip herself. A smile began to tug at her lips with Tuesday's banter, only to drop in an instant when the 'mop-headed fool' laid out the task. She straightened in attention, only a twitch of her eyebrows at the joke that went soaring over her head. She gave a firm nod, her platinum curls sweeping against her lean shoulders, "Oui -- Yes, of course."

She wasn't surprised, there was always a tithe to pay. She didn't want to make a show but she found a way to add her personal touch. She flicked her wrist, catching the rosary to squeeze in her palm as the golden glyph settled onto the front of her purse. It impressed in it her own mark. A golden chalice, crown hovering above, embossed with an elegant M wreathed by fleur-de-lis. "Is this acceptable, Councilor ... JAAMs, is it now? I will pay any due for the honor of learning with you." She ventured a soft smile to Star then. She knew full well the need to scrutinize, hoping to color her deference to protocol with being honestly charmed by the otherwise casual energy.

Improvised Sigilization

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread