Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Eyes on the Street

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable pushes the door closed. With her voice lowered and soft she says, "Listen, you have to get help and I insist I look at your leg now. I don't want it to get infected." Mable gently put a hand on his arm which held the keys. She focused on not looking at the bag which is what she wanted. She stayed calm and looked into his eyes. "I really am worried about you." This was the truth but her worry was more what he was doing then him. She massaged his arm a bit with her thumb. "Let me have a look. If it doesn't look too bad I will stop bugging you." She moved closer and breathed like she was slightly aroused. "I..." Her voice faltered. "I find you interesting." She smiled. "Maybe you could tell me more about you while I check that leg?" She had a slight and soft plea in her voice.

z
    zapero12

Jax inches closer to Mable and the PI walking slowly taking his time. He didn't want to interrupt them, he knew he wouldn't be of much help, but at the same time he wanted to be there in case anything bad went down so he could help out Mable.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

(WP for struggling with strange woman)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

If Mable had been hoping for a positive response, she was to be disappointed.

Jeff Maverick, man of the streets, felt something was up. The early hours was not the time to bump into strange people, two of whom appeared sickly pale in the harsh light and shadow of the alley. Embarrassment at getting stuck on a fence, at getting caught, fuelled by the trio's peculiar and thieving behaviour, bought an edge to his voice.

The Kine was getting startled as the hunter's closed in.

"Fuck off. I'm fine."

He struggled with the diminutive woman, wrestling the door crudely open.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-18 00:00:46 Jeff Maverick to wrest control of the door rolls 6 to Strength + Athletics (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 4, 10, 4, 8, 9, 3 3 successes

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable shoves him with her weight down. "I said I want to check your leg." She says with gritted teeth and tries to push his bag towards Jax's direction. "And I mean to do so."

z
    zapero12

Jesus Christ.. Jax moves quickly and tries to free the bag from the man in hopes there is a memory chip inside.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-18 21:26:42 Jax Culmet rolls 7 to To wrestle free a bag from the poor man (Str 2 Athletics 2) (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 9, 10, 1, 1, 10, 1, 8, 1 4 successes

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

BP3/Pre2/SL2:Wholesome/Pro3: Aspect of the Predator

+1
    SL
    PRE

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-18 17:49:41 Mable Wood rolls 11 to Struggle with Jeff (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 5, 8, 6, 3, 4, 3, 2, 8, 9, 8 4 successes
    Sorry forgot to put dice roll into narrative
    Gangrel/BP3/Pro3/SL2:Wholesome
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Bit of miscommunication there. Jeff Maverick left the bag behind in the alley near the Nox as Jacob had pretty much taken possession of it. I'll work with your intent zapero12

Jeff Maverick's heavy bag was still up the alley with Jacob. The bag contained only equipment, however. Quick thinking Jax Culmet realised that the P.I. had probably slipped the memory chip into his coat.

The nimble Shadow joined the fray.

Jeff Maverick was too busy struggling over the car door with Mable to notice Jax's approach. And then it was too late...

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-19 16:43:17 Jeff Maverick to wrestle with unseen assailants rolls 4 to Strength + Brawl - Situation penalties (10 Again) 10, 9, 9, 4, 5 3 successes

Jax really wanted that chip. He got it, fingers finding the little packet in one Jeff's deep pockets. It was ugly, crude, but effective. The P.I. growled as he was slammed into his car. Stunned by the assault, he slid down to the bonnet, freeing up access to his keys and the door that he and Mable had fought over.

Jax has the memory chip.

The bag with the gear lies at Jacob's feet.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable took a look at Jeff's leg because she didn't want to be a liar. Not that she really knew how bad it was but at least this way she could verify what it looked like. She also looked to Jax to see if he got what he needed from the coat. "Sorry, I slipped. I didn't mean to knock you into the car." She gave a crooked little smile that seemed sweet and sincere. "Maybe I could drive you some where? "Mable used her naïve voice that usually had men falling over themselves to help her.

z
    zapero12

"Oops sorry bout that man... K bye." And with that Jax moves on over to Jacob. "I've got it! Alright lets find a computer and get the hell out of here."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Mable might have looked wholesome but tonight it was not working.

Jeff Maverick struggled to haul himself upright. His suspicious eyes are flushed with embarrassed anger.

"I'm fine. I have a car. I don't need you. Now will you let me fucking go?"

His tumultuous emotions seethed in his voice, civility stretched to its ultimate limit.

He made for his car again and if there is no further opposition he'll dive into its comparative security like a cornered animal. The car roars to life with a grind of gears. The P.I. will be so desperate to escape that he'll bang and scrape the vehicle along the alley as he reverses madly out into the street.

You have the memory chip. You have a bag filled with surveillance equipment. You have physical evidence that the Nox was being watched.

Unless anyone wishes to do anything more, I am going to wrap up this scene. Feel free to continue the story in a new one Nice job

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread