Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Eyes on the Street

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jeff Maverick, P.I. Caught in a lie.

Whats he gonna do?

Three against one and his leg is all torn up and bleeding. He draws several slow breaths, eyes flat and searching.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-08 17:46:23 Jeff Maverick to Memorize Faces rolls 4 to Intelligence + Composure - Situation Penalty (10 Again) 5, 3, 9, 6 1 success

His smile is a rictus of anger, frustration and disgust.

"Fine. Keep the fucking bag."

Jeff Maverick backed off. It was a strange, oddly manufactured movement. By the tilt of his head he had thought to muscle past the group and head off in the direction of the mystery car. However, Mabel Psychangel had blocked his way when she had stepped up to cover him. So that left him with no option but to go the other way...

He stepped backward, sliding in an oddly stilted fashion around the intervening bins and cluttering rubbish. He kept his eyes on the group as he did, evidently suspicious of an attack from behind. His movement was slow; slow till he disappeared around the corner and into an intersecting alley.

The big duffel bag with its expensive equipment lay before them. The camera Jax had spied was still securely in its little hollow.

From down the intersecting alley there was a rattling crash. Some one had blundered into an empty trash can.

2. Likes White liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stood watching him gimp off. She almost laughed at his obvious avoidance of her small frame. "You guys want me to follow him?" She asks as she watches his retreat. "I can see where he goes."

4. Bump West "Bump" this post
    z
    zapero12

"Well I found one of his cameras and its in a perfect position to watch the Nox sooo... Something him because this doesn't look good." Jax announces to Mable.

Jax then looks for wires to see if he can just take this thing out or is it connected to something?
    OOC: Investigation wits roll again?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jax fiddles around. With some effort and a bit of climbing, the Shadow wrests the camera from its hiding place. Its a sturdy, chunky little thing. Long duration battery; switched on and active. Going by the stains it had probably been hidden in the wall recently.

Long enough to gather some material.

And a quick check of the device reveals the memory card has just been changed.

Most likely, that is what Jeff Maverick was doing when he got himself tangled in the fence.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable follows the man who said he was Jeff Maverick. What the hell was he doing? she thought.

He winced and the sound of the trash can. Looking guilty at the bag. What the fuck am I suppose to do with this? He wasn't too worried about the police but was a bit worried about his conscience. He saw Jax walking over to... something.

"Found something?" He looked over at Jax, shouldering the bag. "Good to see you both by the way." Rarely hurt to be polite.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Mabel Psychangel follows Jeff Maverick as he limps through the back alleys. It seems he hasn't noticed her pursuit, focussed as he is on staying upright. He has already lumbered into a line of trash cans by the time he comes back into view.

Once he reaches the street he turns left. He's going around the block - he'll eventually make his way back to his car.

The car that was partially hidden from the street.

The car that had attracted Jacob and Mabel's interest in the first place.

z
    zapero12

Jax looks now over to Jacob and says, " Good to see you too! There was a camera in here watching what looks to be the Nox. It looks like the memory cards are freshly changed. He probably has it."

Jax then catches up to Mable and relays the same information, "He has a memory chip to the camera I think."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Upon hearing what Jax had to say, Mable runs up to Jeff. "Hey, I am really worried about you and your leg. You really aren't walking very well. I really think you need to get it looked at. I could drive you to the clinic down the street. You don't want that to get infected do you?" She is ready to stop him from getting into his car.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jeff Maverick, P.I. was almost at home. He had reached his car. He was fumbling for his keys.

And the crazy woman was chasing him again.

"What is your fucking problem? I'm leaving. The end."

The key turned in the lock. A flash of desperate triumph lights up his face.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread