Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Eyes on the Street

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Fuck!"

The guy growls and starts struggling with the fence and his leg. Its a tough proposition given his position and the angle of his leg. Animal frustration and panic win out and he succeeds, trousers and leg shredding. Tang of blood in the air.

"Gah!"

He flops down heavily, the buckled fence springing back with a creak. With rising fury (anything to avoid recognising his bleeding leg) he digs into his coat pocket for a warrant card.

"Private Investigator you shits!"

Meanwhile, Jax and Jacob have taken command of the bag. Jacob can tell that this is no amateur sleuth. Heavy duty, top of the line cameras and equipment; good quality surveillance gear. And the materials to effectively hide them. Given the size and scope of the haul, this man was planning some long-term surveillance.

Our Mystery Man has dealt himself 1 Lethal in damage.

2. Likes , White liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

While the man is distracted by the bag being dumped, Mable pushes her blush of life. And then takes a step towards the man ready to detain him if necessary.

4. Likes White liked this post

If someone was seriously performing an investigation on the Nox that was concerning. He'd want to notify the Reeve at the very least, it could be nothing but better safe than sorry.
    "So, you were running from a feral dog in the heart of downtown on private property carrying expensive hidden surveillance equipment and you don't want to go to a hospital. I don't mean to be a shit but that seems pretty suspicious man." Jacob shrugged and smiled apologetically while zipping up the bag.
    "I suppose you have the permission of the owner of the business to conduct surveillance? and, the permission of at least one of the surveilled to watch them?" He hands the bag to the man. Taking note of the name and information on the PI card.
      2 successes to memorize
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-05 11:42:00 Jacob Maddox rolls 5 to Memorize PI card (int + comp) (10 Again) 9, 4, 3, 7, 10, 6 2 successes

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    z
    zapero12

Jax walks around this scene trying to figure out maybe where this Private Investigator was going, or to who he was going to. Then as he reaches the mans head on his little walk pauses puts his hands behind his back and looks down.

"So who on earth do you need all this hardware to spy on? If you tells us we might be able to help you up."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The name on the card is pure cheese: Jeff Maverick. So blatantly false, yet Jacob finds it tickles his memory. There was a Jeff Maverick on TV some time ago. Reruns, he remembers, of trash reality TV and celebrity hunting; and some ghost hunting tripe. This fellow could be that Jeff Maverick. But if he is, he has aged badly: an athletic quarter back frame has turned soft and run to barrel chested fat; too much drink has left his eyes red and padded; the stubble vainly attempts to hide sagging jowls. Knuckles have seen a little too much violence.

"Of course I have permission!" The PI - Jeff Maverick - snaps. "These alleyways are interconnected, see. More than just workmen use 'em. Club owners get concerned. Never know what kind of shit gets pulled out here... And I guess they're worried it might involve them by proximity. So gimme my stuff and let me get on with it." He just managed to sound convincing.

[roll]73581[roll]

Jeff Maverick winced as he put weight on his injured leg. "I might add that three folks... Two of which look like sick junkies, going around these back alleys in the early hours is pretty suspicious, too! Stealing people's bags!" He glared, perhaps in too much pain to be petulant.

"I pride myself on good quality equipment. I was just laying some stuff out... If anything is happening in these back alleys by night, my employers will soon know." His glare was for Jax alone.

Jax has walked the scene. zapero12 you can make a Wits + Investigation roll to see if Jax notices anything unusual.

9. Likes White liked this post
    z
    zapero12

Jax catches the mans glare and begins to look for something unusual.

Searches Surroundings (Wits 3 Investigation 2) 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-06 00:25:19 Jax Culmet rolls 5 to Search Surroundings (10 Again) 7, 1, 10, 6, 4, 10, 6 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jax is keen witted and eagle eyed.

For the most part, the alley is simply that: dirty, dingy, damp. Refuse builds in corners.

The fence, though, catches his eye. The fence frames the alley and at a certain point nearby, it forms a corner. This corner is formed by a stone block (mouldy concrete, cracked and fractured); and it would be well placed to study the Nox itself.

If the block on the corner is hollow, it follows it would make an idea spot to hide a camera. And further, it could explain how Jeff Maverick became entangled in the fence - the block is not easy to access and the best way to get to it would be to come from the other direction. A man as big as Jeff Maverick could easily get stuck or loose their balance, causing him to fall over (or more rightly, through) the fence...

...And fall exactly where he was found.

12. Likes White liked this post
    z
    zapero12

After looking around for a while Jax comes to this realization and makes his way over to the stone corner with a slow steady gate. Once he reaches it he wishes to confirm his theory. He looks for a hollow spot in the block on the corner. If he was wrong no harm, however if he was right then this man may prove to be a much bigger threat than originally thought.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jax has clocked it.

There is a hollow. Within, there is a sturdy camera.

Looks like Jax's theory was the right one.

"I would hate for our streets to remain unclean." Jacob smiled widely and brought out his phone, "perhaps you'd like to stay as a witness for these suspicious activities and theft while I get the authorities?" His grin turned positively shit-eating. "No? well I hope you have a good night, give a holler if you find any more feral dogs." He stood there staring at the man with that meaningless smile plastered on his face.

16. Bump West "Bump" this post
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread