Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Blind and the Starving

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Bea couldn't help but laugh at what she heard. Were she still trying to be diplomatic, it would have been a huge mistake, but the Seneschal had come alone, and though she might not realize it, that meant that the disseminaiton of power had shifted.

It was like that saying: in the Kingdom of the Blind, the two eyed Daeva was Queen.

"You speak of responsibilities, Seneschal,"
    Bea replied, her fanged smile coloring her voice, "yet it's clear to me that you don't even know what's happening within your Domain. How can you carry out your responsibilities, your true responsibilities, when just a blind little doll, being puppeted along?

"The Reeve used Stax to gain power in the Invictus, and she's trying to use me to gain power in gangland. I spent over twenty thousand dollars on bribes and weapon procurement so that I could find the person trying to start a gang war in Sacramento. A gang war that one of the Reeve's contacts tipped her off to. Don't you see, Seneschal? Your precious Reeve is only in this for herself. And you, you're just a tool that's allowing her to make it happen."
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The laugh woke something even as it chilled her.

Alice used to be a terrified wraith, a shadow who wasn't, always on the periphery, and happy there. Never had she spent more then three months in any place since she died, that is, until Sacramento. Sacramento changed things, this she'd known. What she hadn't considered was what changes were wrought without her knowing. When she died and was cast away, she swore to herself that she would never trust anyone ever again.

She trusted her Clan, but they all left.

She trusted Robert, and he left without even saying goodbye.

She trusts her Coterie, but Emma was dead. She hardly ever saw Vivian anymore, and Ale...she could trust Ale's word, she knew that, but. Alessandra omitted the truth, lied to her. The Savage she met in the early nights in Sacramento would have never put herself forward, not if it meant another would have suffered, but she had changed, just as Alice had. When Brittany died, and Konrad fled, something had changed irrevocable within the Italian.

She should have realized it when the women she thought would never bind herself to any Covenant swore herself the Invictus.

...was Bea right? Did Ale only see her as a tool? Was that what everyone saw her as? Is that why anyone payed attention to her, because they saw her invisible strings and thought they could be the ones to pull them...

"I got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, or make me frown. I had strings but now I'm free. There are no string on me."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, West, Cayce liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Of all the Carthian had expected, a little nursery rhyme wasn't it, and so Bea couldn't help but laugh again, exhilerated by just how accurate her little guesses had been.

"Oh, listen to me, little doll," the Daeva demanded, roughly grabby Alice by the elbows. "You do have strings. Strings that I am going to pull, because if you don't work with me, if you don't give me a reason not to become your enemy, then I am going to kill you, I'm going to kill your pretty little pet, and then I'm going to kill the Reeve, and I'll piss blood on your fucking graves. And you know what? No one will know the difference. The Brood are in town, after all, and even if the Prince rouses his ass off his throne, he's going to need me if he wants to keep it.

"Do you hear me?"
    Bea demanded, giving the Doll a rough shake. "You're going to do what I want or I'm going to show you just how painful it is when a mad dog decides to bite!"

6. Likes West, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

(Boost to Strength)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice expected Bea to laugh, it seemed like the Carthian's favorite thing to do, she expected the Daeva to get in close, but that little bitch dared, dared! to lay a hand on her, grab her, shake her.

The Wraith, dozing, woke with a furry, the doubt Bea invoked in her evaporated, the Wraith's furry melts icy walls erected around her, leaving naught but a tumultuous sea in it's wake. Adrift in the sea, the Blood moves, infusing dead muscle's and strengthening them.

This mewling bitch wasn't a mad dog, she wasn't even a dog. She was less then that. An annoying pest, a gnat and nothing more.

...but still this gnat had her hands on the Haunt, and so the Blind Doll knew exactly where she was. Alice pulls her arms out of Bea's grasp, only to turn back and try and place the troublesome Daeva into a hold of her own.

It feels weak to Alice, but it's certainly made her point.

She wasn't a puppet complacently waiting for someone to pull upon her strings.

1 suxx to try and Grapple minus Bea's DEF
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-17 00:30:16 Alice Hart rolls 3 to Grapple (Strength 2 + Brawl 1 + 2bloodboost -2blind) (10 Again) 2, 9, 7 1 success
    Alice tries to Grapple (it probably fails!) Bea!

8. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Bea was jerked off balance as the Haunt suddenly pulled herself free, but then the stupid little doll grabbed a hold of her, and Bea snarled, her fangs sliding from the red mass of her gums. The Daeva lunged forward, her fangs gnashing and tearing at the pale wraiths flesh...

She would show the little toy just what it felt like to get bitten!
      2 successes, 2 lethal before -str
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-17 00:51:13 Bea rolls 6 to Dog bites! (str2-untrained+blood2+WP3) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 1, 3, 8, 5, 4 2 successes

Bea accepts the grapple so she can om-nomnom

10. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice expected her weak hold to be broken easily, she didn't expect Bea to fall into this parody of on embrace.

What came next had the Wraiths hissing, spitting, twin fangs descend, one immaterial and only known to Alice. The other, as real and as sharp as the Daeva's.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

Alice could wretch those fangs out of her neck or, or. The Blood moves. She could meet Bea's bite with one of her own.

2 suxx = 2 lethal before def
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-17 11:09:18 Alice Hart rolls 7 to Fangy! (Strength 2 + Brawl 1 + 2bloodboost + WP -1blind) (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 7, 8, 4, 9, 6, 5 2 successes
    Str=2, but if you meant DEF that's 3
    And Alice bites the Bea!

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

(Wp to Roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Book Keeping~

Bea
    Bea

(nom nom)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Grapples subtract strenght and we are in a grapple

Bea thrashed and writhed, squirming so that she could bring her gnashing jaws sinking back into the Haunt's milky flesh, but she was no wrestler, and the Seneschal's thin frame was able to stave off the savagery of the Daeva's gnashing fangs.

Fail!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-18 00:53:10 Bea rolls 3 to rawr-nomnom (str 2-1untrained+2blood) (10 Again) 1, 5, 4 failure

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Derp, derp. I swear I knew that, guess I just forgot

A rumble of Alice's laughter could be felt by the ineffective and bumbling bee writhing within her hold.

The Blood continues to flow and the Wraith moves to take another chunk out of the gnat.

Forgot to minus two dice for Bea's str in the roll, buuut, there's still 1 Lethal to the Bea here, after the last two are crossed out!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-18 01:06:59 Alice Hart rolls 4 to It's a Love Bite, I swear! (Strength 2, Brawl 1, +2Bloosboost -1Blind) (10 Again) 3, 9, 3, 4 1 success
    Alice continues to nom! (Because I was an idiot who forgot a knife!)

16. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Bea
    Bea

(Nom nom)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Bea growled and grunted, trying to force her fangs back down, but Alice had her by the throat, gnawing at her neck, and Bea knew that she was losing this fight! She had only one hope, now, the same hope that she'd always relied upon...becoming even more hungry...

Nerp!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-19 12:53:59 Bea rolls 3 to rawr nomnomnom (str2-1untrained+2blood) (10 Again) 7, 6, 1 failure

18. Likes , West liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread