DISPLAYED
Come Clarity (ATTN: Circe)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Keep your hold on it all, Keep your hold on it all, Keep your hold on it all. Cassandra repeated in her mind like it was some sort of survival matra. Her thoughts were returning through the fog of dark visions and voice for the first time in decades and finally could control herself.

But It wasn't enough. Her control was still erroaded from giving in. She needed help to keep herself 'functional'. Perhaps the Heidrophant could help her with something. That was the closest thing she came to a descion as she headed off to see Circe.

Cassandra finds Circe in her studio, doing the final touches on one of her sculptures in preparation for Court - a depiction of Persephone leaving behind the light and entering the Underworld. She is dressed simply, her hands and hair covered with a fine coat of marble dust as she smooths the surface.

"Cassandra," she says, turning to her visitor, nodding in acknowledgement then turning back to her work. "How are you this evening?"

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Well...Not, not well." Cassandra muttered as he rubbed her temples in frustration. "Court is drawing near...Comming...I need help. I hear to much and I need silence for court or else other will...see us as donkeys like the Lance." It seemed like she was trying to make an effort to stay coherent and there was just a hint of pleading in her eyes.

Circe nods, apparently understanding Cassandra's dilemma. She just looks at her for several moments, then asks, gently, "Tell me, Cassandra... were you... as you are now, before you were Embraced? Or, if not, have you experienced the voices since your Embrace, or did they start later?"

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"The speech and whispers all started when I died and rose from that fate." Cassandra said, rubbing her temples still. Kept your hold, keep your hold...

"I have an idea. If it is part of your condition since Embrace, I'm not sure this will work, but if might. There are medications humans use to control similar conditions. If we drink from someone with these medications in their system, they can sometimes affect us as well. The problem is, as I understand it, these chemicals need to be in one's system a long time to make them work. The other problem will be finding someone who takes these medications."

Circe thinks for a moment. "Emergency medical responders might carry injections of such medication, and I suppose emergency room doctors might do the same, but the Prince's laws forbid our kind interefering with such indivdiuals. Perhaps breaking into a clinic or pharmacy, or better yet convincing some mortal to do so... perhaps one that uses the medicines in question, if you can find one. I am told many of the homeless suffer from such afflictions."

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Plotting...Plotting..." Cassandra muttered as the rusted gears of her mind started to turn against the whispers in her head.

"Can one purchase this substance? I have a little bit of money I could sacrifice." She asked with a slight tilt of her head.

She will fail you...

"I would think so," Circe says. "This may require a physician's prescription, though, especially for the injectable forms, which probably work more quickly."

She thinks a bit more. "How skilled are you with the mind-altering gifts of your Clan?"

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Only able to give single word commands. My gifts lie with the animals." Cassandra said, starting to realise that she might not gain the temporary cure for her mind.

Pathetic, you call yourself a Lord!?

Circe thinks a bit more, then smiles. "There is a Kindred in town, a Shadow like myself, not associated with any Covenant, mostly minds his own concerns, but he is known to know a great many things, including how to obtain things through the kine black markets." She looks through her phone. "Here is his number. His name is Scott Portman. Most know him as one of the greeters at Court. He may be able to help you obtain what you want, but he will likely want some sort of payment in return."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread