Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1703) Formal 3

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

"Come on, Tuesday, there is no need to be so vengeful. I'm not mistaking your name again." The Obrimos smiles at the girl before taking a seat close to the Moros.

"Guessed just right. I'm a Obrimos myself. Does my shadow name really give it in too easily?" Michael smiles. "I assure you that my ego is not as large as it was back when I picked the name."

The Archangel bats an eye at the influx of Wise that seems to flood the circle all at once. He waves at the Shaman. "Hey there, Faye! Didn't note much of a change in the treatment, to be honest. At least for now. Pretty sure it won't be like this for much longer." As they talk, he spots Star and what looks like a newcomer. With a half smile. Michael gives them a thumb up.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “Look at you, noticing the little things.” She teased Strix, “It is new actually, thanks for noticing.” The thumbs up was returned.

Lady Faye? Just once she’d love to know what was going through Tuesdays head.

“Just a thought, but you can make most skirts, so long as you get the pattern, and they’re pretty easy to follow. So if you liked the style, but in a different color, bet you can find a pattern very similar at a fabric store.” Just a quick thought. “But I love the movement of it, looks comfy!” and it did. But she didn’t really do that style, she preferred her legs to be showing, or a more fitted look.

Shaking her head, “No clue.” And it wasn’t her job to make sure people showed up.

And then there’s Star, who was starting to seem like a fashionista to her. New outfits, new styles, yup, the guy probably had a bigger closet than she did. Which said a lot, cause she had a big closet, er, closets.

“Hey Star, looking nice.” All white? Not something she’d try, but he made it work.

The smile and wave were returned when Vallerion made his way into the Circle.

“Hey Vallerion, glad you could make it! This lovely young woman is Tuesday,” she says with a gesture to the Enchantress, “and your resident Acanthus Councilor.” There, intros done.

A wave was offered to Campenella along with a smile, “Nope, it still appears I’m a lonely Path of one. Vallerion is an Acanthus, but we are both Thearchs.” She says before taking a seat.

Grinning to Michael, “Well, no change is usually a good thing.” She was still kinda on the fence with the guy. Though she was sure it would change once they worked together, that’s when you really got to know a person.

3. Likes wilsonns liked this post

Strix

PRE

"Archy?" Strix repeated with a confused look, clearly having missed something when the new Obrimos first introduced himself and met Tuesday the first time. He looked between Michael and Tuesday, before shaking his head lightly. "I think I'd sooner go with Mike, than Archy. He doesn't look much like one to me. Archy, that is. But, hey, still will have enough time showing off the other pieces you got." He mimed at his ears to Tuesday to show what he was talking about with the sudden shift of topic mid-sentence.

At which point he looked over at the man in question, giving a shrug. "Well, it's telling enough I think. But it's good to know." He guessed. Hard to tell just how big Michael's ego was when he picked his name. "Although you could have gone picked something else to show just how big an ego you got. Archangels are kind of low in the hierarchy, aren't they?"

"Hello, Star," he greeted the white-clad Obrimos when he joined their growing numbers of mages. "No Jesus sticker this time?" He had had one at some meeting. Not sure at which one but still.

He also looked over to the second new face around the Circle, offering a wave. "And hello to you as well, Vallerion. I'm Strix," because the other hadn't been around when he introduced himself to Michael. Since Campanella went to draw that newcomer into conversation, he simply offered another wave to his fellow Moros as well with a, "Hello there, Campanella," not expecting more than a wave back or anything.

He grinned at Faye's thumb up back at him. "I try." It was more a lucky guess, really. There was a 50/50 chance it wasn't. "Well, at least you're not an Order of one anymore, right? That's something."

Only Avis seemed to be missing. Unless there was another new mage around to meet.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

A blink. Paired with the thought that she should bring sunglasses to the Formal gatherings since. Star. And White. And oh em gee my poor eyes.

"'lo Star." a hand lifts and waves. Which continues the motion as a blond - Vallerion - appears. "Hey Campanella." she greats the Moros with his full s'name. Deciding to not include him in her probably childish fit of s'name shortening, besides after seeing him at the Bastille, it didn't feel right to call him Campy anymore.

Baleful hazels turn to the archangel. "Dude. I'm not being 'vengeful'." air quotes, air quotes are key, "If I were. You'd know it. And if your ego's shrunk...why not just change your s'name?"

Hazels, not baleful, turn to Faye. "Honey. That seems like a lot of work for something I'd probably only wear once. Or maybe twice. But definitely not thrice." a beat. "But. Yeah. It's comfy. Kinda. Like it is. But Weird. Since. Skirt."

So. Vally's an Enchanter. (Er. and not Ress because of his penis club membership) Why is this the first time she's seen him?

"Is that a thing? Can he just do that? Skip his Councilor and head right up to his Order bros?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

6. Likes wilsonns, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"'Vengeance Is Mine!' sayeth the 'Corn!"

The declaration was made with a upthrust arm and Movie Announcer Guy voice. If Star had a Movie Announcer Guy voice... which he did not. Was he jerking the Archangel's chain? No way, yo. Just some solidarity with a caballero. Wait, no. Apparently Tuesday's a 'lovely young woman' now. Amazing what happens when a person puts a dress on, right?

Wait, what?

"Jesus sticker?"
    Nearly blue eyes blinked. "Ummm. Bro. Think you're thinking of someone else? Get Faye to take a look at you, because you're delirious. Never worn one."

What a strange, strange man.

"Nooo, you gotta, like,"
    he shoulder bumped Tuesday, "Go, you know. Okay him. Rubber stamp. Approve. Recognize. Vet. Vouch. Bless. Pass. Validate. Green light."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes , wilsonns liked this post
    A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

"I'm still waiting for a oportunity to be of some use to he Consilium. Surely when the time comes it will change." Says the Archangel to the now-Shaman. "Looking forward to it."

"Err... It's not all about rank, Strix, it's also about symbolism. Archangels are righteous messengers of the Lord, Michael wast he one who defeated the rebellious angels and cast them into Sheol. I thought that like him, I would enlighten those who relied on me being a conduit beetween the Lord and them." As he talks, he smiles to himself. Good times...The Obrimos undoes a button of his suit and adjusts his tie. " The sole reason I won't change my shadow name is that it remember me my past, my wrong choices and its consequences, got it?"

Michael let out a giggle at Star's performance. What a strange guy. Eccentric, in fact. "So, anything new, Councilor?"

10. Bump West "Bump" this post
    V
    Vallerion

When the Awakened start introducing themselves, he tries to do his best when remembering all the names. "Hi, Strix. Nice to meet you." he replies shortly to the black-clad man, moves closer to him and initiates a handshake.

After Campanella intruduces himself, Vallerion shakes hands with him. He is about to correct the Moros's assumptions, but Faye is quicker, so he just adds: "My pleasure. That's right, I walk the Path to Arcadia."

Then he approaches the one who showed him a thubs-up before, now talks with Strix about angels and seems to be a man of faith. "Greetings, mister...Sorry, I didn't quite catch your name."

He is also introduced to Tuesday, who seems to be a bit dissatisfied. "Oh, hello Tuesday, nice to meet you. I was about to contact you, but this meeting was just around the corner and I figured we'll see each other here. Anyway, sorry, I didn't mean to do anything out of order." even though he doesn't consider it being such a big deal, he apologizes, it's not a good idea to quarrel with his Councillor at their first meeting ever.

A man in white, that others greeted as Star, steps into the conversation. The name seem to be fitting today, since he literally shines. "Sounds like you want to do some formal admission? I'm ready to go." Although Vallerion is really eager to converse with others and get to know them more, he also feels that this admission act should now be a priority.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning to Strix, “Hey, I’ll take it!” though sometimes it was easier to be an Order or Path of one.

Wait…did Tuesday just call her ‘Honey’? First the skirt…now the ‘honey’ thing…was the Unicorn ok? She hit her head or something?

“Honey? Well, can’t save I’ve been called that in a few years.” She says with a shrug, sipping her energy drink.

Hands came up in defense, though one still held a big white can, “Whoa, it’s really not a big deal. I gave him your contact info when I learned his Path, and then the meeting came up. No harm was meant, no one was trying to overstep you as Counselor.” Easy, not a contest here.

“And like Star said, you’re the one who has to rubber stamp him.” So she met him first, was that really going to be a thing? No big deal to the Shaman.

Chuckling to Star, “Not sure I’m advanced enough in my study of Life for any delirium anyone may or may not have. Check back with though in a few months, maybe we can work something out.” She was clearly joking. But could she cure something like that? Cause that would be awesome.

Wait….did he just say that?! ‘Archangels are righteous messengers of the Lord’?! Enlighten people and be a conduit between them and the lord?! She really hoped he wasn’t one of those religious freaks who tried to push their beliefs on you. Cause that was not going to fly for her. Nope.

13. Likes wilsonns liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Ah! My apologies."

Campanella chuckles as pleasantries - and corrections - are received. With bodies still in motion, the Moros finds a seat and loops his worn coat over his arm. As he settled his eyes flicked over to Faye, Star, and Tuesday - and the gentle debate over what constituted an acknowledgement.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

15. Likes wilsonns liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

Strix frowned at Star, rubbing the back of his neck before giving a small shrug. "Ah, well," he said, "Maybe you're right and I'm thinking of someone else."

It was possible, he didn't have a perfect memory after all. He could make mistakes. Or he was delusional.

Another possibility, of course.

With Vallerion coming over, Strix took the offered hand to shake it before letting it go again when the Enchanter was cornered met to his Councilor for the first time.

Strix made a non-committal noise when Michael replied to him. Whatever the reason may be for his Shadow Name or why to keep it, it wasn't really any of his business to comment on. Also, the 'conduit between the Lord and them' part made him not sure how dangerously close to a philosophical or, possibly, religious debate he would get on. He rather avoided them, if possible. "Sure, if that's why you picked it. Whatever works for you," he did give as reply.

Looking over to Faye, he chuckled. "I'll make an appointment with you in a few months for a mental checkup."

"Did any more mages come to the city?" He asked into the group of Awakened gathered so far.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread