Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
A Little Dinner Theatre

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    P
    Pippin

Pippin had to stop his chopping as he processed what the Autumn Queen had meant by invoking the name of the Norse thunder god. Oh right, the film I almost forgot that was a thing. “True, the magic of Underhill at the very least seems to have more in common with the legal system then it does beakers and Bunsen burners. I think I know the Spring contract you’re talking about. It would be a good plan. “

“No worries Morgan, the G at the start doesn’t help either. That is an interesting point, I have noticed some glamour to have some interesting ‘flavor’ sometimes. Well knowing that people aren’t picky means better food for us all, I’ll just cook with I want next time”
    he said with a wink before switching gears and turning to Alex

“I got tired of only being able to cook pasta, potatoes and instant noodles, there’s only so much take-away my trust-fund can afford me and groceries are cheaper. That and when you travel being able to cook for people is a good way to get them to answer your questions. Helps when you’re trying to find things out. People talk when then cook or eat. As our present company proves” He gave Alex a wink and a grin

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Those darn roots." Mhairi agrees with a smile, her time spent with Morgan, had let Mhairi easily decipher her mumbled words.

As the talk of glamour continues, Mhairi has to nod, when she tastes glamours each emotional resonance has a different flavor. To her, Fear was like bitter-sweet chocolate, and Desire was cloyingly sweet.

"I haven't seen that Clause in action, but I have heard of it." Turning to her Courtier, her mind thinking of Lynn, which made her think of Coco, and how both Springs had impacted Autumn's Ladies in different ways. "What happened to cause a Spring to use that Clause where you could see? Was it on you, or someone else?"

Snapping her fingers, "Right. Hedge fruits. I keep meaning to talk about it, but I think I want to set up a Garden. The only problem I can see is the Sprights."

Frowning when Pippin commented on them not being picky eaters, was that a snipe at her? She just admitted that she didn't enjoy shrimp or prawns. Hmm. Whatever. She'll just pick out whatever she doesn't like and eat the rest.

Mhairi makes a humming noise as Pippin answers Alex's question, having already learned the Elemental liked food, and with liking food, soon you'd turn to cooking food.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan sighed in relief that she'd not ruined dinner, "Heh, yay. Think I shalt leave fancy cooking to those who hath skill, heh." And goes back to the grating. The relief was short lived as Mhairi asked about that. Morgan flinched at the memory, even so long ago she was still spooked by it. She was facing towards the grating work on the counter so hopefully folks didn't notice.

After a moment, her left hand reached back behind her and pulled her t-shirt upwards a small amount. It was enough to show the tail end of the three scars running down Morgan's back, "This. Heh, without Spring heh healing I'd hath gained a fourth one from that heh Hedge monster." She lowered the shirt back down before tapping her right shoulder with her left hand but her voice shook a little, "Began up heh here, so much n-n-not fun. Twas fortune our club heh had a surgeon amongst its numbers at the time too...blood donor might haht helped but," she shook her head, "Glamour cause trouble to share, heh, blood tis probably worse."

After that she used her hand to lean over and check the frying pan. Tapping it with her open palm, "Feels heh hot enough to be ready now."

Ah the sprights, the got Morgan to chuckle, "Yay Mhairi, they can be lil' mischief makers. But the archive tis intact. Aaaaand so twas the workshop when it was maintained. Just, heh, set aside some stuff for them and they'd like as not heh help tend it." She paused then blurted out: "pizza!"

She then had a full body shiver and turned to Pippin, "Oh, nononononono, nay disparage thy culinary works. Tis directed at Mhairi," she points back at her Queen, "for the sprights. Least tis effective to get them to behave whence I need to study...'lo, caffeine tis a absolute no no."

4. Likes Swami M, liked this post

Alex Rivers

Alex finishes with the garlic, slides it off the cutting board onto a plate and passes it over to Pippin.

"It's always strange to me, hearing other people talk about magic in such academic terms. Even the words we use. 'Contracts.' Like it's all in a library somewhere, waiting to be looked up. That's something I should be good at. It's what I used to do for a living. But now, for me, it's all instinctual..."

He points at a stray chunk of garlic on the table top, and the nail on that finger lengthens into a thorn, growing until it pierces the crumb. Then he flicks it away, letting the nail return to its original shape.

"Of course I was a mindless thing Over There. It works differently for each of us, There and Here."

Alex shrugs apologetically. He hadn't meant to get so... deep, but the feeling had crept up on him, as they were prone to do...

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I hear you there." Mhairi knew enough to cook for herself, make a few specific, and simple things, but anything else, she was hopeless in the kitchen.

"Oh Morgan..." Mhairi breathes when she sees the scars. "I didn't want to bring up bad memories...I thought it would have been a funny story." though thinking about it, maybe any use of the Spring's healing Clause wouldn't have sprung from a funny story.

A moment and the topic shifts, and Mhairi laughs. "I'm sure the pizza place gets enough of out money that they'll be giving up a discount soon. But yeah, bribing our Sprights with a tastey treat sounds like the only way'd having an actual garden would work."

Fell-flames flicker at Alex's words. Before....Ava...Rick...Terri. The backlash of Ava's accident flooded the Archives, Autumn did have a library where you could look all manner of magical topics. "Instinctual? Looking up magical things, or preforming them?"

Flames continues to flicker as Alex speaks of his time over There. She could imagine just what sort of Durance her fellow, if opposite, Elemental had.

"It's okay. Sometimes we have to talk about it, or we'd go crazy-er."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan winces and gives Alex a sympathetic look, "Yay tis heh often hard Alex. Talking of aught and, heh, the instinct tis difficult to adapt to some...activities," she grimaces, "but we can improve. I nary desolate a computer whence I use it, heh, anymore."

She waves off Mhairi's apology, "Nay, I hath rarely had injuries due to funny times. Or parkour either, come to consider it, heh. I ken normans that have but not myself." The aforementioned surgeon Lost had a grand time terrifying one of those funnily injured mortals.

Morgan shrugged as the topic changed, "Tis safest to give the wee ones victuals or attire. Aught that might be, uh, weaponize tis the word mayhaps? Yeah, that tis a hazard. Even that one boo..oh!" she looked back at the ginger she'd gone back to grating. Her claws were starting to get filed now. She held up a small stub of ginger, "Uh...think this tis done...now what?"

P
    Pippin

At Morgan’s assentation of the temperature of the pan Pippin rose and gathered the ingredients form the kitchen table. “We have a Sprights? Well food is always a good token to get most of the lesser folk who dwell Underhill to play nice. At least that’s what the stories would have us believe.” Unsure how to respond to Morgan’s injuries, not knowing her well enough to offer comfort of advices. He makes himself busy with getting the food started cooking but he couldn’t help himself when the topics turned to magic.

“Well we all have our own ways of dealing with the metaphorical promethean flames we stole. If you were a primal thing, given your appearance I’d assume tree or flower? It’s only logical that you would access the changes at a more instinctual level. I was a book worm Before, and moderately obsessed with the Old Tales, and I was forcefully and purposefully changed into what I am today, it gave me more time to study the method to the madness. But no shame in talking about it, if we won’t understand then who will? I’ve been in some ‘Hold’s where there is an actual support group formed for us to talk about what we can remember.” He added the ingredients to the pan, letting them simmer while he got the water on to boil.

“Now you go and sit with Alex and Her… Mhairi at the table, and keep me occupied with conversation while I finshe up, just got to let the ingredents simmer together and wait for the rice to cook then we eat.”

Alex Rivers

Alex opens a cabinet, fetches plates and silverware and starts setting places at the table. Then he makes another trip for glasses...

"Did you ever read the book or watch the old movie Day of the Triffids? I have no recollection of any of it, but it was apparently something like that. And I didn't play one of the good guys."

He really needs to stop talking about this. He grabs a few crackers from a tin on the counter, mainly to give his mouth something to do besides speech. He's not sure if Pippin is going full gourmet and has a wine selection in mind, but there are definitely a few beers left in the fridge...

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Nodding along with Morgan's words. "See that's what I thought it would have been, something that would have happened to a muggle, that we'd-uh find funny."

Continuing with the topic shift, "Yes, I think that's best. I should have known better for the Autumn Equinox, but at least I've learned my lesson."

Turning to Pippin, "Yes, in the Autumn Commons." Though in front of Alex, she didn't want to say they were their Hollow's alarm system.

The pan's sizzling, and Pippin begins to add the ingredients to it. Soon the aroma will waft up from the pan, and encompass the room. "Since we're talking about it. Pippin, what was your time over There like?" it was probably not a great conversation topic, but as she'd said they were talking about it.

Mhairi's fell-flames flicker as she turns to Alex, "Sorry. I haven't watched that movie." That seemed like a proper response, even if she didn't feel like she should apologies for what he'd gone through. It wasn't her fault, and everyone in this room had a horrible, unspeakable time over There.

10 days to go folks!

P
    Pippin

Looking away from the pan for a moment as he started the process of adding the curry sauce and coconut milk to Alex as he answered “I think I remember that film, hmmm, no need to talk about it though if it make you uncomfortable. Bollocks, Can someone take the wine out of the freezer and open it? I’m told it needs to breathe a little before serving?”

He looked back at the stove before he answered his queen, knowing he couldn’t really lie and not having a good dodge to it, He took a deep breath before he spoke.

“Well the tale of my time Underhill has to start with a little context first. I used to be an actor, I loved being able to slip into another person’s life for an hour or two and tell a story. I also loved Fariee stories, the old ones, not the watered down versions most children read. When I was 18, on my way to University here in the states, My parents had just gotten divorced and I’m ashamed to say that really really messed me up, I started to do all the stupid things people in the stories do before they get taken. When I got to the airport in New York I had an hour or so before I left to Chicago where I was going to school. A beautiful woman came up to me, she said she was putting on a performance to end all others and that I was perfect for a starring role. I desperately wish I could say I didn’t know what she was, but I did. She took me to her home, I call it the Big Top, but who knows if it has a name. I played Pippin, Eldest child of Charlemagne, in the production. It all led to a big finish where I was to become a literal star I was to jump into the flames and then wake up the next morning a little more changed. That’s what makes me the man I am today. Though if you don’t mind you majesty I’d like to keep my escape my own for the day.”

He finished up what needed to be done before putting a lid back on then pan and turning to look at them all. “Foods done by the way if anyone’s still hungry after the heavy conversation” He gave his best smile to them.

Indeed, everyone want to do one more pass before we close the scene?

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.