Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
A Little Dinner Theatre

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Sir Archie? Was that a brand name for a spice? Wait food allergies? "Food allergies? That's a thing, heh, amongst the changelings? Nope, nary heh heard of it," she shook her head as she got up. She then smiled as she nodded to Mhairi, "oh, heh mine thanks Mhairi. And nay Pippin, I doubt allergies art a worry," she shook her head in the negative as she closed the cupboard with the back of her foot and leaned against the counter.

"Many 'lings hath dumpster dived for food so allergies art doubtful to be a problem. I suppose it could, heh, be but as said, nary heard even rumors of it a'fore ye mentioned it," she shook her head in the negative again.

Okay...now what. "Uh, heh, just to warn ye Pippin, mine skill with blades tis stellar at throwing naught slicing. 'lo I shant shy from aid if ye wants me to try dicing, just I rarely prepare food to that level. Heh however Imma quite good at hands on," she raised both hands as she wiggled her claws. Using her pendant as the trick, Morgan activated Cloak of the Elements, "work with the stove. Uh, after washing them I suppose that tis imporant to do first."

She'd found it easier then using a spatula personally. Well, she hadn't owned a spatula before so. "Whichever, or I can just heh stay outta the way too, heh."

Alex Rivers

Vegetarian? Well, you can't have everything...

"Nice to meet you. We can always use more helping hands... Speaking of which, I'm no master chef, but I can help with the cutting and dicing and such...

Alex walks over to the sink to wash his hands.

P
    Pippin

Looking and the Queen’s Liquid tripping quicksilver fingers and smiled “Well my hands are on occasion superheated gas but I’ve never yet burned something I was holding. But if you’d prefer a less volatile ingredient I also have ginger that needs grating. It’s still in a produce bag on the counter if you’d prefer.”

“That had been my experience too Morgan, I’m thinking that it may have something to do with the food Underhill. It would be an interesting matter for an academic survey. I mean come to think of it I used to have issues with eggs but now seem to be perfectly fine. Well I don’t think the garlic needs daggers thrown at it with skill, if you could heat up a pan with high sides and once it’s hot add the oil, it should be in a paper bag next to the stove.”

And turning back to Alex. “Well I still have to get the Chinese cabbage cut up if you could get the garlic diced for me that would have us all eating faster. I hope this turns out well it’s an adaptation of a seafood curry recipe but I didn’t know how people felt about meat of fish.”

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Morgan would you like to grate the ginger?" Asks Mhairi, not to push tasks off onto the Steepscrambler, but to include the women into what's become a House wide event.

Fell-flames flicker at Pippin, "I wan't talking about that. I was asking if people would be okay with my drippy quicksilver glamour all over their food. Normally when I cook now, I use utensils." a thoughtful little frown, "If we're talking about food allergies, ingesting someone else's glamour droppings might be the only way we can have an allergic reaction."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Heh, actually saw a pan like that," she knocks on the lower cupboard with her foot, "in there, heh." But her queen made a request, "Oh, heh, sure Mhairi. I ken how to use a grater. For cheese lo principle shoudl nary vary," saying that she bent down to open the cupboard and got out the aforementioned high sided frying pan. And a grater.

Morgan plopped the pan onto the stove, "Pan shalt be ready shortly, heh, Imma just turn o heat then grate the garlic." She did just that before retrieving the garlic to grind down. After a moment of hesitation she also opened a cupboard to retrieve a breakfast bowl to grate the garlic into. "Aught as such should work a treat for collecting the powder, heh."

Her eyes darted between the garlic being grated and the stove.

Alex Rivers

Alex begins dicing the garlic as instructed. He looks up at Pippin.

"Meat and/or fish would be more than fine."
    He pauses for a moment. "You look like you know what you're doing. Have you cooked for a living, or is this a hobby?"

P
    Pippin

Looking over to the main part of kitchen where Morgan was making herself busy, “Thank you, though it’s the ginger I need grated not the garlic, though I can use what you’ve already grated too.” He said with a smile no rebuke in his voice.

He took a moment to think about Mhairi’s hypothesis, “That is an interesting theory, I’m wondering how to test that though; it would be useful information to have. That’s the problem with all of this magic stuff, it’s very hard to test a theory in a safe way. I mean if a changeling had a reaction to another glamour what would you give them? Would chemical antihistamines even work to counter act it? It does warrant further investigation”

Resuming his chopping, “Not professional, I just enjoy making food, I have done a lot of traveling and the best way to experience a place is through its food. If I had known meat would be a hit I would have picked up shrimp and fresh chicken to put in it.”

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Morgan-" Mhairi cuts herself off, since Pippin had already told the raccoon that she was grating the wrong thing.

Turning to Pippin, "I don't think you can treat magic like science, no matter what Thor says." she says with a smile, "But if this is going to be investigated, we're probably going to need a Spring with that Clause they have for healing."

Mhairi nods, "I'm glad you forewent the shrimp, or prawns or whatever. I don't mind the taste, but I can't stand the texture." her nose crinkles up. "But maybe chicken next time." she says, knowing that this curry was probably chalk full of protein, but it seemed that the lone Summer wanted or maybe needed more.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

9. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan paused and looked at what she was doing. Then back up at Pippin. Back down. Back to Pippin. The raccoon's face went from grey and black to red and black. "Oh, heh-heh. Sorry. Wrong root, heh," she winced grumbling, "all roots hard to tell variance."

Morgan's lack of culinary skill was showing. But she did think to switch to a new bowl before grating the ginger. "I myself, heh, am nary picky on what I eat. Food tis food. Mayhaps Imma little too much raccoon, heh," that got her to giggle.

The talk of Glamour allergies though had her thinking. "Ye ken, if ye art talking on funky glamour, heh, I did once hath a problem akin to that. After I drew from normans," She had to pause to shift the ginger as the branch she'd been working on was gone. "Heh, best way to describe it was a sweetness to vast to tolerate. Took mine breath away, so Glamour allergy tis possible."

Morgan then froze as she thought of something else from all those years ago. "Or, heh, could've been minor if I'd nary been sipping iced to, heh, at the time too. Though the emotion to glamour twas nauseatingly sweet." Her own fault really. It was probably not good for an Autumn to draw in that kind of emotion from that many people.

"And yay Mhairi. I can attest that the Spring contract tis most effective, heh, a salve for injury," almost made Morgan wish she was a Spring. But then she'd have to be sociable more and that was really scary. "Heh healing fruits might provide succor to ease such a reaction too. Nary ken if ice packs t'would heh help."

ooc: Whoops, ginger not garlic...that is what you get for posting when planning to order Italian

11. Likes liked this post

Alex Rivers

When he hears that Pippin is not a professional chef, Alex nearly responds with "what do you do?" A reflex from his old life, not completely gone. But he holds back the question. Very likely that answer would be too much like his own... some make work job to make ends meet, a pale imitation of a lost career. For people like them, the simplest of small talk can be a minefield...

"So what got you interested in cooking?"

13. Bump "Bump" this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.