Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The New Guy in town

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    P
    Pippin

It was just creeping up on evening when Pippin stumbled out form the Sacramento International airport international arrivals terminal. Blinking in the late evening sun after so long in airports. That is the last time that I fly coach across the pacific. Now where does one catch a cab in this city.

Looking around he found a cab after a few minutes, providing the driver with the address he was given by a friend in the court of fear back in London for an Edna’s Boarding House. The driver eyed him with a little apprehension before nodding that he knew the place and trying to make small talk.

Pip dozed off eventually on the drive to Edna’s, he couldn’t sleep on planes but car rides knocked him out like he was still a fussy toddler. The driver woke him up when they got there and he paid him with some of the last of his American money. Ok here goes nothing he thought as he walked up to the porch shouldering his backpack and knocking firmly, but politely on the door.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Topping up one of the bowls of Lucky Charms scattered about the house, it just wouldn't do to get Mumphert mad at her. She was still more then just mildly terrified over just what the Brownie could do to her and the house if Mhairi failed to keep her end of the bargain, and got him mad. So she always kept the sugary cereal out and fresh and smacked the hands of the other lings that might want to nibble on a marshmallow or two.

The knock had fell-flames blinking.

No one ever knocked. Well, people knocked, but not any that lived in Edna's or whoever had been around for any real length of time. It might be a door-to-door sales man. Or a girl scout offering cookies. Now that would be awesome. Mhairi had been craving cookies.

After closing the cereal box Mhairi set it down by the bowl she'd been filling and moved towards the door. A quick peak through the curtained window disproved her girl-scout-cookie-gaining theory.

The new Elemental is stared at through the window. Mhairi's own fell-flame glaze flickering at the sight of the sun lit man, the flame spun hair, noticing the burning leaves of his mantel and frowned.

Two thoughts crossed her mind.

The first. This Elemental was her opposite. The Sun to her Moon, the red flames to her fell green fires.

The second. What was it about the fires that drew the Lost created from them to Autumn's embrace?

Letting the current fall, she opens the door.

"Hello." her head tilts, the galaxies in her hair twinkle, the scent of dead and dying leaves twining with his wood smoke scent, her mantle's rain falls, spattering the ground (but never herself, she runs to hot for it to drench her), and the flame licked edges of this new Autumn's leaves. "Are you Lost?" the play on words brought a crooked smile to her lips, even if the wary flicker didn't leave her eye.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    P
    Pippin

Pippin smelled the mantel of the Elemental who opened the door before he saw her. The Scent of dead and rotting leaves mingling pleasantly with the scent of his wood smoke and burning leaves. As he took in her moonlight skin and mesmerizing hair and eyes. He stopped there staring perhaps a little longer then appropriate, but he was captivating by her hair, it was catching a leaf on the wind of his mantle turning to ash that pulled him out of this thoughts. Well aren’t we a pair, the Maiden of Moonlight and The living sun.
    “Hello, I suppose in a manner of speaking I am, but who among us isn’t lost amid the Thorns and Brambles of normal life.” He flashed her a grin matching her wordplay with his own, His crisp British accent easily marking him as not being local. “I hope I’m not intruding, I was told by a contact in London that If I was ever in Sacramento, this would be the place to look for like minded people with similar back grounds, though I wasn’t expecting to meet my equal and opposite reflection. The names Pippin, Pip for short.” He holds out a hand to shake, the sunlight catching his skin and making the skin on his hand a captivating swirl of plasma with a slowly moving black spot on the back of his fingers.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The accent had her cocking her head in confusion. In the year Mhairi'd been here, she'd noticed that many of the Lost that came through Sacramento were american. Or had that sort of accent. "London? What brings you all the way to Sacramento?" If she'd been the one to travel from London Sacramento would be the last place she'd go...which might just be the point.

Her quicksilver coated and ever dripping fingers settle into Pippin's palm, for once not fearful that she might burn the other, even if her fear was an imagined one, the spatter always burned into glamour before it touched the ground, or another's skin.

After dropping his hand and her's, she pushed the door open and walked backwards inside it, "Come on. I'm sure you're thirsty. I'll get some water or tea or something."

"This is a Boarding House for Lost Souls." Once Pippin's through the door, Mhairi will close it softly behind them, and lead her fellow Elemental into the kitchen. "I'm Mhairi. Mhairi Ankaa, and I'm Leaden Queen." Surely there had to be the touch of the wyrd upon this meeting, her mirror opposite and fellow Autumn's first meeting with any of the Lost in Sacramento was with his very own Sovereign.

P
    Pippin

Pippin took the dripping hand in his and shook it gently before dropping her hand. He followed her into the boarding house noting the bowels everywhere full of cereal, he was about to comment on it as ask for coffee not tea when he processed that the first member of the court he met was his own sovereign in this new city.
    He quickly dropped into a stiff bow, still used to the formal rule of the directional courts in the east. "My apologies your majesty, i didn't expect to meet my sovereign today or i would have come prepared with the appropriate gifts." He then rose remembering he was in the states now and that they were not necessarily as formal. There you go Pip, 6 months in the court of honor and you forget how to talk to your own court. Taking a deep breath he went about answering the Dread Queens questions.
    "I've been looking for someone, or at least knowledge to help me find them. Im actually more recently form the Freehold in Hong Kong then London. I felt it was time to move on again, you could say it was the stirrings of fate if you like." He continued following the maiden of moonlight deeper into the comfortable looking boarding house. "Oh and waters fine, though i wouldn't say no to coffee if you have it, hard to find a good cup in Hong Kong and I'm suffering the mother of all jet lag." He flashed her what he hoped was a winning smile.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Fell-flames flicker, but she doesn't reacted as she had during the Winter Solstice, she was Queen, and people who hadn't known her before she was crowned would bow. Besides Pippin had nothing on Dinbrane.

"You couldn't have known." Mhairi says after a moment. Deciding to leave off asking about who Pippin was looking for. She wasn't going to talk to this stranger, this Unsworn ling about her mom, so she shouldn't expect someone else to readily talk about the half healed scabs of their past. "London to Hong Kong to Sacramento with no stops in between? Are you just someone who enjoys a monumental change in scenery?"

Giving the Elemental time to answer, Mhairi moves towards the coffee maker and starts the motions that would lead to them having a wonderful, warm and flavorful beverage.

"I'm always up for coffee, but it'll take a bit to brew." she warns him, knowing that she probably should have started a new pot a while ago but other things had taken her attention away from it.

P
    Pippin

Moving into the kitchen and out of the sun his skin faded form the impression of moving plasma and sunspots to just the gentle impression of sunlight. "Still it's a poor guest indeed that arrives with out a gift for his host, or in this case hostess." He moved a bowel of cereal out form in front of him, desperately wanting to ask why their were so many of them but not wanting to offend his host.

"Well technically i had a layover in Vienna on the way to Hong Kong, and there was a layover in Tokyo on the way here, but yes no stops more or less. I do enjoy the travel, but i was tracking some hunches and chasing some lore of our people. Though its not like i just got to Hong Kong and came right here. I was a guest of one of their courts for about 6 months before heading this way. I must say I have never seen much of The Colonies besides airports before this" he offered her a wink at the last, still enchanted by her hair, he could swear he could spot Orion's belt as she turned away form him and toward the coffee maker.

"Im fine with a wait for the coffee, i'm not planing on running off again in the next 10 minutes, I've got to wait for my trust to refill at least." He says the last with a chuckle and a grin.

(Ooc: sorry for the wrong account last time i post whe. I should be asleep)
    Last edited by Rhapsody032590; Feb 18th, 2017 at 12:58 AM.  Reason for Edit: Apology for wrong account posting

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

On her way through the house to the kitchen Mhairi grabbed the cereal box, to store back into the pantry.

"I suppose that's true." Mhairi agrees with an Elemental's glibness.

A nod, layovers were understandable, but not quite what she was asking, but the it was still answered. "'Our People'? Elementals? Autumns? Or Changelings in general?" Mhairi asks leaning against the counter as the coffee began the always too long process of brewing.

"But wow. Six months in Hong Kong. What was that like?"

P
    Pippin

Smiling as he sees his host grab the cereal and secret it away into the cupboard. “It would be easy to say all of the above when it comes to what I was looking for, but it wouldn’t be quite true, There’re aren’t a whole lot of Autumns in Hong Kong, mostly I was chasing the lore of changelings, but there was some interesting Elementals there.” He idly brushed some ephemeral ash that had gathered form his mantle off the table while he thought of how to describe Hong Kong.
    “Hong Kong is a fantastic city, very different form anywhere I’ve been before, though my Mandarin is rubbish. I didn’t find as much as I’d hoped. Though there were more people packed into a small place then I’d generally like but the food was fantastic.”
    Pip took a deep breath smelling the brewing coffee and let out a sigh. “My deepest apologies if this is too forward, but I’m unsure as to what the procedure is here, but I was hoping to find lodgings and stick around for a while. I’m more than willing to lend my expertise and aid to what-ever troubles the community here.” A faint rust color coming to his face, he really wasn’t good with people when he wasn’t carefully rehearsed.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"So is it safe to say you have something interesting to add to the archives?" even thought the Autumn wouldn't be seeing the Commons until he Pledges to the yet to be named Spring Sovereign. Maybe it'll be Sera, maybe it'll be one of the New Springs from San Francisco.

"Chinese food tends to be very yummy. Speaking of, you want a snack?" abruptly pushing off the counter as the coffee continued to brew. "I think someone dropped off some muffins." to bad they didn't have doughnuts, they were the perfict pairing with the coffee to come. "If your Mandarin's that bad, how'd you get by for six months?"

Not commenting on Pippin's apparent aversion to crowds. With Sacramento's Lost, he definitely wouldn't have the problem.

"It's not to forward. Normally I meet others out and about and direct them here. But since you are here. You can stay here. And it's okay if you can't pay. You can help with cooking." since all the other chores were the domain of Mumphert, and Mhairi really, really didn't want to know what happened if any of the Lost infringed on the Brownie's purview. "Pitch in with groceries, or yard work." a shrug.

A moment, the only sounds the continuing drip, drop of the coffee maker, the pitter patter of her new rain infused mantle, and the soft sizzle of burning leaves of Pip's.

"Every Freehold has troubles. We're trying to take care of ours...but before you decide to stay you need to know that there's a Dragon. He's been around for years. Killed...so many of us and...we've only started to gain strength again to fight back."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread