Watch

(1702) Eternal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Bea
    Bea

PRE

For a moment, Bea was speechless. Just a moment, though. Just long enough for the Seneschal to try and slink away, bristling with her own authority. And yes, Bea did recognize that that authority was not something to dismiss, as even if it had no basis in law, in might very well still have a basis in reality. After all, when you were standing in a room full of monsters, the only thing stopping them from killing you was whether or not they thought they had a good enough reason not to.

Regardless, Bea hadn't chosen the path she had because she was afraid to face down a room fool of monsters. In fact, there was probably even a sliver of her that wanted to.

Maybe that was the part of her that was a fool, but that remained to be seen.

"Our business is not done, Seneschal," Bea snapped. "If you feel that it is the proper execution of your office to issue threats in response to my request to being properly addressed, then that is a matter I will challenge under the letter of the law. Beginning with a letter to his Grace. If you want to take my tongue in the meantime, then you're welcome to try."
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

2. Likes West, liked this post

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani watches the exchange between Seneschaul, Reeve, new comer, and Bea. Her eyebrows shoot into her hairline at the woman's question and she honestly considers how to answer. She was very informal by nature and titles had never been big with her. A bigger title usually meant you had a much bigger attitude to go with it, especially among kindred. But, she was also a member of the Invictus and therefore required to care about titles, which is why her earlier slip had made her cringe. However, Bea was a Carthian and it only stood to reason that the woman would prefer to be called by the name she had given. If Ishani expected the Carthian to respect her need for Invictus formality then did it not fall on her shoulders to respect the other woman's need for informality? Or, was she just over thinking this entire situation? Probably.

So, she turned to Bea. "You are correct. I introduced myself as simply Ishani before, when we first met. However there were......circumstances regarding that meeting that were confused at the time and have since been cleared up. I will say that in a formal setting such as this Lady Naetesh is appropriate. In a more informal setting, Ishani will do fine. But, due to your own personal preferences that you have just stated, I will continue to call you Bea. I trust this is acceptable."

The woman's continued actions aside, Ishani knew how this shit worked. Had she been the Reeve or the Seneschaul, she would have staked the woman to the wall and been done with it. She was not in their positions however, and it was not up to her to make those decisions. At the moment, she did kind of miss the authority though.

She smiled at Vivian when the woman inquired about her. "It has been an experience to be sure, thank you for asking. Some things have not changed at all and others are so much different. People, for example are much more patient and forgiving then I remember. Or maybe it is the newest generation who have learned from their mortal lives how to keep their compassion. I really can't say. It is strange to me though, but I think with time I can get used to it."
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing Bea snap at Alice was all Ale needed to feel her blood boil. She had been ok letting the Carthian piss and moan, but once you made a verbal attack on the Seneschal, things were done. Eyes narrow as she steps a little closer.

“Your business is done right now, until Seneschal Hart is done conducting official business. But I will remind you that you are in Prince Clarkes Elysium, and speaking out against his Seneschal, you are done. You will respect those who hold offices and are your superiors within these walls. If those simple Laws and rules, which you agreed to adhere to when you were Acknowledged are too much for you to handle, then you may leave and find yourself a Domain that accepts insolence and childish behavior. But it will not within these walls.” Ale growled with her eyes narrowed, “But you are within your right to contact His Grace should you desire, but should Seneschal Hart desire your tongue tonight, she will have it and I will remove it myself. Are we clear? If we are not, and your behavior continues, I will put you down myself and we will sort it later.” her teeth were clenched at this point, just waiting for an excuse to put the Carthian down for a nap.

“And a side note, each Covenant has a proper way to address others. The First Estate does not use first names with those we do not have an intimate relationship with. Not that I owe you any explanation, but there comes a time when we all have to deal with what we don’t like. And the way I addressed you was not even rude, though I am more than happy to change my tone and form of address now.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

6. Likes West, Psychangel, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Bea's eyes narrowed as the Reeve spoke. If her heart still beat, blood would have thundered against the walls of her veins, but it did not. Her heart was a dead thing, still and empty within her breast. And so Bea paused, considering for a moment how to reply. It would be useless to demand that the Reeve provide evidence of what law empowered her to make such threats. It be even more useless to point out that Bea had not threatened others, nor had she cursed, or otherwise offered explicit and direct insult.

But, of course, that wasn't the issue. The issue was that the Seneschal and Reeve were willing to use violence to enforce their whims. And, if that was how they chose to play, Bea would be more than happy to reply in kind.

"I will return with my letter," Bea declared, meeting the Reeve's dead eyes with her own. "I trust that the officers of this court can ensure its safe delivery. Until then," she continued, turning to Ishani, "allow me to say thank you, Lady Naetesh, for the courtesy you have shown. I wish you, specifically, a pleasant evening."

With that, Bea began to move toward the exit, but without turning her back upon the Reeve.

Bea Exits the Scene!
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

8. Likes West, liked this post

Emma French

PRE

"Pizda." Emma quietly muttered as Bea withdrew from the room. Emma was quite shocked that Bea left. She wasn't unhappy about it because the rudeness and attitude she showed towards the court officials was way out of line. But maybe if someone could explain to Bea what she had done wrong she could learn some manners. However, kindred did not usually simply explain things and learn. Lessons were usually much harsher. Bea couldn't seriously think that this was all due to her insistence on being addressed as Bea.

"Hmm Quiet court tonight." Emma said looking around. She gave the women around her a light smile to break any lingering tension.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

With Ashton's Acknowledgement handled, Alice returns to the gathering of Kindred. Her ears directing her to the others, and Lyssa telling her that Bea was now absent.

"That's why I couldn't hear her any longer." the Blind Doll tries to quip. It most likely falls flat, her hollow voice doing nothing to make her words have the levity that a quip inherently needed.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

D
    Dominic Ashton

Dominic kept pace a few steps behind Alice, though it took him a moment to catch up after she left the office. Much to his relief when they rejoined the others Bea was long gone. Hopefully, that would make for a more peaceful night. "It seems we've missed her departure Seneschal."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani nods her head to Bea. "Une bonne soirée pour vous." She watches the woman exit the room and shakes her head. "I really hope she does not decide to use that tone with Prince Clarke. There would be very little warning before her tongue is simply removed, if not worse. He does not take kindly to insolence of that sort."

She smiles at the other kindred in the room, to show she is not making threats, merely stating truth. "The gathering does seem a bit small yes? Maybe the others are too busy with their tasks to be here this evening."

Translation
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

14. Bump West "Bump" this post
    V
    Vivian York

Reflecting on Ishani's words, the Daeva partially pursed her lips. "There is that old quote, 'To err is human, but forgiveness is Divine'. I sometimes think that we forget we aren't human and forgiveness is that of a Diety..."

Vivian kept a watchful eye on the conversation that ensued. Which oddly played into what Ishani had just mentioned about patience and forgiving now per the past. "I'd love to know what things happened in the past that happened." She said with an intrigued grin. It may be even useful to the new Reeve. "We had two, or was it three, monomacy duels since my arrival. Was anything taken to that level when you were here in the past?"

She couldn't pinpoint precisely why the past of Sacramento was so interesting to her, but who better to relay that than either Ishani or Twist. Bothering Asa with it was probably not a smart move and he had better things to do than ramble about such things, or at least in Vivian's opinion.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her narrowed eyes watched the Carthian as she left. One never underestimates a potential danger, and that one was a pressure cooker waiting to explode.

Eyes still watch the door, almost expecting a raging Daeva to come back in swinging.

When Alice reappears, the Savage bows once again. "She's decided to leave on her own volition. What happens later, well, I don't know." there was a shrug, more for herself than anyone else. She had her own thoughts and opinions on what should happen, but kept them to herself, this wasn't the place.

A smile and nod was offered to the new Ventrue.

A sly grin was offered to Ishani, "Well, I guess it remains to be seen." she had faith that Asa would handle the unfolding mess fairly and as he saw fit. Though she would pay to see him remove the Daeva's tongue. The look of surprise and shock would be worth it.

Looking around, "Our numbers do seem a bit small tonight, maybe there's a party we didn't get invited to?" she offers in a joking tone.

And there it was, the monomacy word. It wasn't that she was against it, she was just against it for stupid reasons. Like having ones feelings hurt, totally stupid reason to fight to the Final Death. Well, to her anyways.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

17. Likes , Frost liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread