Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1702) Sanctuary 5

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella nodded at Silent's response absently. He spares a Tuesday a glance.

"You mentioned Star. I take that would mean you are a Guardian? I represent the Mysterium." If members of the VT had vetted the newcomer, it was clear she was a friend, if not an ally.

"Yes. When you are in unfamiliar territory it pays to keep ones wits about you," he commented as Faye and Tuesday focussed on music. He kept his focus on Silent. "I would also add that in this city it pays to keep your eyes and ears peeled as well. Even after you've settled in."

The briefest of pauses before he enquired:

"Can I ask how much they told you about the place?" The city was a warzone: a front in a war for Reality. Other dimensions, spider worlds, prowled at the fringes, hidden in plain sight in sleepy suburban streets. A good place for a Guardian; ideal in some ways - plenty of things for them to do, rather than have them policing the other Awakened.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Silent stares at Faye when she offers assistance with finding a place. As in, stares in utter bafflement. This woman had barely even looked at her and she was offering to help her out? Wow....nice didn't seem to be the right word, but it was the best Silent's stunned mind could conjure up. "Wow, thank you. I'm kind of staying here for right now but I am going to be looking here soon. Just wanted to get my feet under me and all."

She nods at Tuesday's revelation, but seems confused for a moment. Campanella and Faye don't seem to make a big deal out of it, so she just goes with the flow. "Oh ok. Well, not like you'd want to make a hasty decision like that or anything. I mean, there's a lot involved depending on where you decide to go." And what kinds of things your Order is going to ask you to do, or expect from you. And sometimes it takes time to figure out where you fit in, or where you'd like to fit in.

Her train of thought was derailed by Campanella speaking to her and she turns her attention back to him. "Yes, I am." She says simply. And somehow the knowledge of him representing the Mysterium does not surprise her in the least. Professor-ish looks and manner. Makes sense. Might be a little stereotyping on her part, but really? Who could help it? The man carries himself like he just stepped off the lecture podium. And his speech! So formal and exact. She smiles broadly. This one she could get used to. "Sort of? I haven't gotten much in the way of details yet but I also didn't really put him to the question either. I wanted to meet the rest of the community before I started asking for details. Some people are not comfortable with new people showing up and hammering questions all over the place. And I don't want to seem presumptuous."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The grin was matched and returned, “I usually have this track I play, it’s kinda tribal? I think, maybe? I can let you listen to it. But I can adapt and change my routine based off what you can play. But we’ll get it figured out.” It was good to hear she was still on board with it. She hated to admit it, but she was worried Tuesday wouldn’t want to hang out after the change.

The stare was kinda new. Sure, she had been stared at many times, it was usually for her looks or swallowing a sword.

There was a lopsided grin, “No problem! I used to travel for a living and know how much it can suck to settle down in a city. So I’m always more than happy to help someone get settled and all that.” Cause getting settled sucked.

“Ah, that makes sense. With how things have gone, the dreams, then the change, well, my change, people can get a little uneasy with too many questions.” but it seemed Campanella had this one figured out, so she'd let him run with it.

She then plops down beside Tuesday, eyes shifting to watch the Enchantress play.

5. Bump "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"We got to the Clock. And the whole of Reality being changed because Seers are little shits, and their masters are dee-bags. And us going back to fix things." a shrug. "Figured we'd let Silent know what the hell she was getting into by deciding to stay."

Faye's admission gets a raised eyebrow. "Tribal? So something nice and rhythmic...hmm." the repetitive melody Tuesday had kept going shifts, changing into something a little more organic, primal. "Like this?"

5 suxx Guitar!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-02-13 13:28:21 Tuesday rolls 7 to Guitar! (Pres 3 + Expression 3+1spec) (10 Again) 9, 8, 10, 3, 2, 5, 4, 10, 9 5 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

The Moros had his eyes on Silent - that is, until Tuesday confirmed what had already been discussed with the newcomer.

And that music, pouring from the Acanthus' hands!

"Oh! Yes. The Time... Thing..." Campanella was momentarily lost for words. He turned back to Silent. "There is also a strange anomaly in South Sacramento - a gateway of some kind to a world of spiders. I believe we have resolved to watch this Gate but not interact with it."

He shrugged.

"And... That is as much as I know. Our Consilium is tiny. I'm not sure we even have a Hierarch at this point."

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

The Obrimos double checks the addres before even turning the motorcycle off. The roaing engine came to a smooth stop before Michael climbed down. It seems its the place.

Michael enters The Circle, still a little unsure of what he would find there. He reaches the meeting, and eyes everyone as he passes by.

His figure would stand quite tall among a crowd, something that could easily bring attention, both the wanted and unwanted kind. Even though not of a muscular build, his thick frame covered in baggy clothes suggests otherwise.

The Archangel looks for someone whose the face would hint enough eccentricity to set such a exotic monologue as his answer machine message. Him! He walks towards the duo. Must be him, for sure!

He extends his hand for a shake toward Campanella and then Silent. Campanella surely is the oldest among thrm, save maybe for himself.

"You must be Star. I am Archangel Michael, we kind of talked trough the phone earlier. Pleasured to meet you two. 'Twas a friend of mine that gave me your number, Star."

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

And Campanella is flummoxed again. He smiles, baring his teeth caught somewhere between surprise, fight, and flight. Extending his hand he reciprocates Archangel Michael's handshake, ending it with a slight and embarrassed shuffle.

"I bid you welcome here, Archangel Michael. But... I believe you must be mistaken. I am not Star. I am Campanella... The man you seek is not here today." He added quickly. "About yea high... Mop of hair. Spare fellow, if you catch my drift. Ah - Tuesday here is part of his Cabal. Perhaps she can answer some of your questions if you are seeking him."

A bit too open, perhaps, but Campanella ran on hope. Surely this man would not be a spy! If the Seers knew of the Circle, they would most surely have crushed it by now.

"Are you passing through or seeking to join us?"

First thing is first: was this another to add to their meagre and diminished ranks. The note of hopeful curiosity throbbed in his voice as the Moros sought to wrest some sense of control from this unexpected - and most welcome - guest.

Gesturing broadly, Campanella offered one of the nearby pews for the Archangel to join their conversation.

12. Likes , wilsonns liked this post

Silent smiles at Tuesday's playing, the girl was really quite good, before turning her attention back to Campanella. She had not given specifics because she wasn't sure if everyone knew everything or if there were some things that others did not want known. Complicated yes, but in her experience simply offering information had gotten her into a great deal of trouble in the past.

"Yes time....." She pauses and shakes her head. "Which I am still trying to wrap my head around. But Tuesday said you all could use some help so I offered to join. I mean, that's what I'm here for right? May as well jump in where needed." Her jaw drops when Campanella mentions a gateway to a spider world and she is about to ask for more details, like lots of them, when a stranger enters and introduces himself. Mistaking Campanella for Star almost makes Silent bust a gut, but the man only spoke to him on the phone so how could he know?

She shakes his hand politely and offers a nod of greeting. "I'm Silent. It's nice to meet you......Archangel Michael." Her smaller hand is swallowed in his and she is struck by his size. She takes a slight step back, giving Campanella the floor, so to speak.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

He laughs. Oh, what a mistake! He too, shakes Campanella's hand back vigorously, his way to show assertiveness in a new social circle.

"It's nice to meet you too, Silent. "
    the sentence ends with another firm hand shake.

"Hah, I'm really sorry, Campanella. Don't take it wrong, but I judged it by your apparent age. Those girls don't look aged enough to be in charge of something." He turns quickly to Silent, a friendly smile on his face. It definitely was the worst he could say to justify his mistake. "No offense, Silent."

The Achangel walks a step closer to them, broadly open to the duo. He eyes Tuesday from above his shoulder.

"In fact, was not quite sure if I would just pass by or join for sure when I decided to pay a visit, but... Been running alone for some years now. It's just about time to get some allies. Somebody to back me up. Is Star the only one I can talk to join the ranks of the Consilium?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The Ghost of Reverence Past appears.

Wending his way from the Guardians area that he totally did not crash last night this morning in, the Angel is a study in Retro Gothic. Black jeans shoved into second-hand combat boots, a black turtleneck covered by a Cure shirt, and a black leather jacket with enough silver buckles and straps to restrain a mental patient. And, of course, the mandatory little silver chain leading from a belt loop to a wallet.

"Yo."

A hand with nails painted black waves. It matches the heavy eyeliner and black streaks through the listless mop. The other hand holds a styrofoam cup, and the smell of toothpaste and coffee mixes with the dusky scent of old cigarette smoke that seeped into skin and clothing.

"I'm Star. You the new guy?"

Given Sacramento's got less than a dozen Wise? Michael sticks out like a sore thumb in the crowd of five.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread