Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She takes another sip from the beer, “Yeah, we defiantly need to sit down and figure stuff out.” Maybe she’d call Strix later and meet up with him at the Sanctum.

Laughing, “It certainly is. We had also talked about infusing mana with other drinks, cause not everyone drinks beer or alcohol. You know, kinda something to have on standby in case we’re doing something and need that extra kick of mana. But it would also put a strain on our Sanctum, so still in the air.” It was just the two of them now.

“Laboratory? What types of stuff would you create? Or figure out? I’ve always liked hearing about the other Orders, even though I’m a Thearch, I’ve always been curious. Are you allowed to share anything? If not, no worries, I always figured it was best to ask.” There was a shrug, she knew each Order had their secrets. But each Order also had misconceptions about who they were and what they did.

“It is! I’ve passed through some pretty crazy towns where your Order either earned you major respect, or you were shunned. So you’re right, it is refreshing.”

2. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella paused to consider some things.

"Why a laboratory? Well... I am interested in focussing on Alchemy at some stage. For that I will need equipment. For Alchemy of a more... Supernal... bent, I would not need so much - your idea of infusing mana into drinks is Supernal Alchemy of a sort; Supernal Alchemy is the art of preparing spells into objects - the proverbial magic potion and the like. But I wish to study both practices in tandem so that I can better understand the Arcanum of Matter; and perhaps Prime. I believe there might be some lessons there for the taking."

He raised his craft beer to his lips.

"Besides... Nothing screams Mysterium like a laboratory." He grinned wickedly.

The grin turned to a depreciating chuckle. "I am bound by oath not to speak overly much about my Order's core beliefs. It goes with the ethos of the Order. Access to the Supernal is not a right. It is a privilege and it must be earned. There can be no other way. Magic - the Supernal - is knowledge. Knowledge is power. Knowledge, like all forms of power, has a price. And knowledge, like all precious resources, has to be preserved: you don't hand it out like candy. You hand it out when it is necessary."

For a moment his face was schooled into seriousness.

"Thats another reason for a lab. It would invite learning!" He grinned again and toyed with his bottle of beer.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “So kinda like a mad scientist?” she asks playfully, in case he took offensive to the term. “Sounds cool to me, I never excelled in sciences, but always found the ideas and concepts interesting.” She had also never really been to a formal school.

“Well, it wasn’t really my idea, per say, I mentioned I brewed and it kinda took off from there. But unfortunately we never got to really look into it. Finding a source of mana that we could tap for such an endeavor wasn’t looked into. And now with going back in Time to try and fix things, well, mana is a precious commodity already. But maybe someday, you never know.” It would be fun, and a way to make some extra money. “Prime seems to have a lot of practical uses, I’ve never studied it myself, but those I’ve seen use it can do some amazing things.”

There was a nod as she took another sip from the beer, not surprised by his answer.

“I get that, every Order has its secrets, and they’re held dearly and not shared freely. So no worries, I just hadn’t heard much spoken about it, so figured it never hurt to ask.” There was an easy smile.

Chuckling, “Learning is always welcome and a good thing. Without it, how would we move forward?” there was a shrug.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Mad scientist?

Campanella bursts into a short life that drags on into a hearty chuckle.

"Mad scientist. Never thought of that!" His lips quirked into a smile.

"Prime is the Arcana of mana, of the Supernal, and of spell craft. It is a worthwhile study to take up. Perhaps one day I will be in a position to pass on what I have learned. Not just yet, of course, I am still very much a student."

Turning the conversation back, he asked:

"I hear you are involved in the Silver Ladder, yes? What can you say of them?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The laugh brought a smile to her face, least he hadn’t been offended by it. Always a bonus!

“Who didn’t want to be one at least once in their life?!” the chance to mix different solutions and make wonderful things happen?! Hell yeah! But science was never her thing sadly.

“Wouldn’t it be safe to say we’re always students? I mean, there is so much to learn about Arcana, how can anyone know it all? I mean sure, there are those that think they have all the knowledge, but having the smarts and ability to wield it I think shows true power and understanding.” It seemed she never got the chance for real intelligent conversations. So she was kinda enjoying it.

Ah, her turn. She wasn’t used to getting questions about the Ladder, usually that was directed to Truce. So a careful sip was taken as she thinks over her response.

“I am, and have been since I awoke actually.” She then laughed, “Now I’m aging myself.” She jokes with a grin. “It’s through the Ladder that took and finally passed my exam to be a magical lawyer of sorts. Took me a few tries, but you’re not asking about that. Well, like every Order, we have our secrets. Though I don’t believe we hold them as close as some, least I’ve never gotten that impression. We are all about helping others. Rather they be Awakened or Sleepers, we seek to help and to guide. Unlike some others, we see Sleepers as a valuable resource. A mage must look beyond him or herself to see the path of enlightenment.” That was things in a nutshell, well, how she saw things. There was more, of course there was more. But she decided to keep those to herself.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nodded along as he listened. He had heard rumours, conjecture, and stories about the Ladder before. Nothing quite like what Faye described - which was refreshing in its own way.

"Magical lawyer?" The words slipped from his mouth - how could they not. "As in you have training in the Lex Magica?" Now that could be a fascinating topic.

"I can understand what you mean about enlightenment. One must look outside of oneself for the true secrets of the universe - but one must internalise the lesson's learned. You speak of humanity as a resource - I take it you see yourself as a means to nurture humanity, as you would a plant. Encourage it to flourish and grow. Humanity is a wonder to be harnessed, I suppose. A double edged sword to be sure, but I am sure your Order has developed an art for it."

His Mysterium training looked at that relationship quite differently, but a certain essence was shared between the two Order's views. Both saw humanity as having the ability to shape the magical world; it was just the Mysterium generally took a more pessimistic view.

8. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “It does kinda sound weird doesn’t it?” she asks with a chuckle. “Yup, lots of studying, training and took the exam, even passed it. I just like the term magical lawyer a bit better, sounds a little more interesting.” She replies with a shrug.

“In a way, yes. Sleepers deserve to be enlightened, and we don’t have the right to alter that. Only humanity is in control of its destiny, no Exarch or god has the right to control or alter another’s destiny. While there are Path’s that grant that ability, it isn’t without consequence and shouldn’t be done lightly. Seer’s seek to use Sleepers against us, allowing them to Awaken to be used as weapons. But we can change that, we can open their eyes to the Lie, and work beside them for something greater. And yes, as with anything, there is always a catch, always as you say, a double edged sword.” But she wouldn’t go into how the Ladder handled that. Secrets and all.

“It’s also kinda why I fought against us going back in Time. Not only is screwing with Time a dangerous thing, but you have to be careful about what you do. Everything changed in the past effects the future, effects someone’s destiny. Rather it be a Sleeper or Awakened, it’s such a delicate balance.” Her Path change was proof of that. “But I also understand why we do it, a necessary evil perhaps?” the greater good was worth the chance of a change in someones destiny.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella thought for a moment, leaning back into his seat. A grim look passed on his face, but the dark look faded as he shifted his posture. He crossed his legs.

"Deserve to be Awakened? Possibly. But its not entirely a right. It is a privilege. Awakening does not guarantee Enlightenment. And a reckless mage can be a very dangerous thing - almost as bad as the Seer, or the Abyss, or the Banisher." He was not intending to challenge the Thyrsus, rather delve more deeply into her views.

"You feel that our actions in the... past?" Now this was, admittedly, awkward. "Are denying the proper course of events. I would tend to agree with you? But... What choice do we have? If we did nothing, we would be at the mercy of the Seers."

He took a breath.

"This... conflict... is terrifying on an existential level. Yet, I find it also liberating. For once we can actually see the bars of our cage. I only regret we do not have the means to study the effects of our actions more fully. To minimise the damage that must be done - and also to turn the passage of time to our benefit, not theirs."

He didn't mention that if there was a way of increasing the influence of the Supernal inside their Fallen World, he would take it. Anything to bolster the fabric of magic, the hidden source of all life and the universe itself.

11. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She gets up and grabs a couple more beers from the fridge, using the opener and offering one to Campanella. If he didn’t want it, it wasn’t a big deal, she’d drink them both. Cool thing with knowing Life? She could make herself not drunk!

“Ok, fair enough.” She says sitting back down, long legs tucked back under herself. “So you say it’s a privilege, I can’t dispute that. But isn’t it a privilege every mortal is entitled to? When we Awakened, who’s to say we couldn’t have become reckless? That we may have chosen the path of a Seer or Banisher? We had guidance, someone there who showed us the right path, the path of Enlightenment. The same thing can be done with the Sleepers. They need us to guide them, to show them the Lie and to guide them away from the Seers. I’m not saying there won’t be those who will be swayed by whatever the Seers promise, but doesn’t humanity at least deserve the chance? They’ve been deceived by the Lie as much as we have, but we’ve had our eyes open to what it is. I just believe that Sleepers should get that chance.”

Her head kinda bobs side to side as she figures out her words, “I agree with you, and I see both sides. While you are right, we didn’t have a choice and had to do what we did for the safety of everyone. I also see it from someone who was an Enchantress and knows the dangers of playing with the past. It’s one of those situations where the benefits outweigh the risks. But there are still risks, and there will be implications on the future, well, the present. Don’t get me wrong, I support what we are doing, but it still bothers that little part of me that knows things will never be the same.” It wasn’t an easy thing to explain. “I’m probably not explaining it well, and that’s what sucks. It always sounds amazing in my head, and then I say it and it’s not right.” There was a small laugh.

She looks thoughtful as he talked, “I can see that. And I wish we could minimize the damage, but there are things we have to do. So long as it protects who we are and the rest of the Awakened, a little damage is to be expected. I don’t even think Tuesday could glimpse into the future and know what the outcome would be. There are too many variables and too many moving parts, things changing every second. There is no way for us to know how things will end up. But maybe, in some weird way, that’s exciting. Maybe things will change for the better? There’s nothing wrong with hoping for that right?” you needed hope, it was the only way to get through this.

There was then a lopsided grin, “Have to say, haven’t had this type of conversation in a long time. I’m really enjoying it!”

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella bobbed his head.

"People are entitled to drive a car in this country. They are also entitled to purchase a gun. But I would not say it is wise to allow people to have unfettered access to firearms; or that they not accept certain rules for operating automobiles shared across the States."

It was a note, nothing more.

"Everyone is entitled. But only once they are ready. We all know what happens when something is given before the recipient is wise enough to understand."

He paused again as the conversation moved on.

"Yes. That is a disturbing thought. I myself still hold out hope the damage to the time-line, such as it is, can be reversed at some stage. A lot was lost - a whole skien of reality was erased. There is no escaping the damage done there and I fear what will come of it in the future. I still hope I can find pieces of that lost past and rescue them - its why I established the Athenaeum."

The Moros simply smiles and salutes with his beer.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread