Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
At The Drive-In... Without A Car

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Silent raises an eyebrow. "Actually, I said it once. In the phone message. Haven't mentioned it since. I have your number because I was told you're on the same path I am and are currently the leader. Here, anyway. I'd like to know where the Circle is so I can get my shit together and settle in. I'm not really sure how you all do things around here but clearly I've already managed to step in the huge stinky pile of open stupidity. I'll see if I can find my Order and get out of your hair."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"If 'leader' means 'the only one'."

It's three times by Jack's count. Not five, but totally not one. But who's counting? He flipped the visor up.

"See? Now we're getting somewhere. If you and I castle from the same side of the board? Throw up a Cone of Silence, yo."

He sat sideways on the raggedy bike, shocks squeaking slightly in protest.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

She couldn't help it, surprised leaked all over her face. "Only one?" So, leader by default then? Not that it mattered, she knew nothing about this person other then he liked to talk a lot and he looked......maybe fourteen? "Yeah, we're on the same team. What about the GotV? How many of those do y'all have and who's in charge?"

She eyed the bike dubiously, not sure that thing could actually hold his weight. It looked like it's most component was duct tape. How did a fourteen year old have a license anyway? Had to be one of those forever young people.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Uh, okay?"

There's something seriously wrong, yo.

"Look. Are you deaf? Or just ignoring me. Or trying to be funny? It's definitely not funny. I know funny. Funny is freezing your roommates' cat's water bowl. That's funny. Totally ignoring the sound cloud request,"
    long fingers waggled at Silent, "Not so much."

Close the eyes. Count to ten. Do it again.

"Okay, ummmm. Maybe you're from the middle of nowhere and do things diff? But you can't just, like, talk like that. If we can't get privacy, at least go Wind Talker style and code that stuff up. How are you even... Okay. Nevermind. Yes, I'm a Guardians of the Galaxy movie fan, too. And, yes, I was the only one in the theater the last time I saw it."

Greenish eyes are staring. See? Like that. Baby steps.

"Are you sure this isn't a joke? Or test?"
    - Roald Dahl

Silent sighs and just begins to cast, It was easier then getting into another discussion of semantics. Not to mention he did have a point but really those four little letters could stand for anything.

She began focusing on the patterns inside the circle, before working her way outward and concentrating on her need. Granted the golden lines were a little wobbly and the symbols a little fuzzy, but she wasn't used to this spell. Funneling the sound so no one else would hear them unless they were standing right next to them, she let's go and allows the spells to take hold.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-23 11:59:50 Silent rolls 4 to Forces + Gnosis to cast Influence Sound (10 Again) 1, 8, 6, 10, 2 2 successes

"I apologize." She says simply. "How small is the community here?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Alllll-righty. Now we're cookin'."

The helmet comes back off. The mop. Helmet hair. It's not a good combination.

"Okay, give me a second. First I'm gonna peep your spell here. Get your John Hancock. No bigs, just, if I have to vouch for you, I gotta do. One Supernal fingerprint... coming up."

It wasn't like looking at Tuesday's Shield. There's no detours or pauses over a whorl here or texture there. This is more like blotting wet ink, and memorizing the pattern. If there's ever a question about a weave, he'll know if it's hers or not.

"And... okay."
    Blink. Blink. "So, you're new. Maybe new to more than just Sacramento? It's cool. Blame it on your Master, we all do. So, like, it's pretty small. Here. Maybe, ummm. Let's see." Yep, he's using his fingers to count. "Seven. Yeah. Including you. Six of us. Most of the time. Sometimes people, uh. Uh. Do missionary work. And go away."

This chick's not ready for the Time Travel thing yet.

"So, yeah. I'm the only Guardian. And Angel. Until now. You, that is. Did they teach you the secret handshake? No, just kidding. All right. The low down is, most of us are split between two cabals, and we hang out at this big church and have meetings and have Order spaces there. You can probably crash there, buuuuuut. It's not that nice. Like, I haven't had time to fix our area up or anything."

Welcome to Sacramento.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-23 20:52:32 [03] Star rolls 5 to (36899) Scrutinize Silent's spell for Identity Int + Occult + SupVis (10 Again) 9, 1, 9, 5, 10, 6 3 successes
    2017-01-23 20:52:32 [02] Star rolls 5 to (36899) Scrutinize Silent's spell for Identity Int + Occult + SupVis (10 Again) 5, 3, 5, 5, 9 1 success
    2017-01-23 20:52:32 [01] Star rolls 5 to (36899) Scrutinize Silent's spell for Identity Int + Occult + SupVis (10 Again) 1, 6, 9, 3, 8 2 successes
    Jack will commit Silent's Identity to memory unless she interrupts the Scrutiny.
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes liked this post

Silent stands there, feeling like a bobble head nodding to Star as he speaks. Six? Yeah, that is small.

She smiles at his last statement and shakes her head. "If it has plumbing and electricity then it's already better then most places I've lived." He had mentioned a Master too. Was that Ty? Not really. He showed her the ropes until his boyfriend decided she was getting more attention and got pissy. Then he said maybe it would be best if she struck out on her own. That didn't seem very Master-ish in her opinion. But, she didn't think this guy needed to know all that crap. Instead, she decided to ask a few more questions.

"You said you had to vouch for me. Is that to the other five, or is there one person in charge here? How many other people are staying at this church place? I don't want to get in someone's way."
    She'd done that at a shelter before and it had ended really bad. Best to get that question out of the way right from the start. Something else struck her then. "is there anything here I need to worry about? Like, rogue caster on the loose or anything?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Right?"

Vee Tee three point oh was one hundred percent full of people who probably haven't had regular homes most of their lives. Thank Aether for Hearthmasters.

"Yeah, you know. Vouch. Since I'm, like, the Angel Councilor. Unless you want to be. You could totally be. I mean, constituency of one, how hard could it be?"
    One that doesn't always listen. "But, uh. No, not really. The in charge thing. We all just kinda, uh. Talk. And then the cabals do their own thing. Like, we sorta had a Hierarch... but he left. Haven't really talked about it since. As far as I know? Nobody's crashing at the Circle. Soooo... it'd be just you, until you got your own digs. Or cabal'ed up."

Rogue caster on the loose? A snicker escaped.

"And, uh. Rogue casters? Aren't there always? I mean, I kinda assume there are. But if you mean do we have, like, a BOLO or Wanted List on anyone in particular right now? Nah. We took down a
    Blinded a while back, and a human slavery ring a few weeks ago. The usual. And, uh. Uhhhhhh."

Okay, yes. There's something else.

"That 'missionary work',"
    finger air quotes, "I mentioned? Sometimes we, uh, like, have to go, ummmm. Back in the past. And fix things."

Well. Mostly fix things. Because these Times, they are a-changin'.
    - Roald Dahl

Her own digs. Yeah, that would probably be the best idea. Right now she had a little money, but no real way to keep it coming in. She didn't exactly have a lot of 'hiring qualities' available to her. But for now, the church would work. At least she'd have privacy.

Cabal up? Her eyes go a little wide at this idea. Would that mean living with other people? So not ready for that right now. Just settle in and then worry about the other stuff later.

She nodded absently at his recitation of 'the usual'. But she stops and looks at him sideways when he says they have to go back in time and fix things. "Wait. Isn't there rules about that or something? Can't you totally fuck up the timeline if you go back and step on a bug that isn't supposed to die for another ten years? And fix what? Why?"

Yes, she's asking a lot of questions. She debates on apologizing if she is being irritating, but then decides against it. He opened that door, she wants more info before she walks through it.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Hey, I'm not a Time-o-logist."

Hands went up and long, thin fingers splayed defensively. Besides, had this chick noticed a difference? There's no easy way to explain visions of what could have been. What might be. Or when the Away Team comes back and says weird things, like that Faye was an Acanthus. Or the day the Museum disappeared and everyone found the Clock.

Yeah, you could explain it. But it'd never be the same as Seeing it.

"Actually? I kinda know one. You could ask her. Well, okay, she's actually like the only Enchanter we've got, but. Yeah. She's Gone Back twice. Her s'name is Tuesday. You could jam her up at the Circle about it. Oh, Circle. Right. It's at [address]. I'll, ummm, I guess put out the word I met you and that you're Okay*."

- Roald Dahl

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread