Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
At The Drive-In... Without A Car

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Silent wanders around for a bit, watching the cars pull in and park, getting ready for a movie or make-out session. She checks her phone for the time and looks around again. She isn't really sure why she's bothering since she has no idea what this guy looks like. Ty told her 'he' was the one to contact so at least she knew which sex to look for. Although, it would be just like Ty to give her the wrong information and make her figure it out on her own. The guy was such a pain in the ass she was almost glad to leave. But, he had helped her out a great deal when she needed it and she still owed him for that.

She scanned the lots again, looking for people outside their cars, ignoring everything else. Why the hell did he want to meet at a drive-in? How weird was this guy?

Well, no point in wasting time wondering about things she couldn't possibly know. She found a clean stretch of grass (mostly dirt but there was some green in there) and sat down. Pulling her phone back out she started scrolling through the map of the city, trying to get a lay of the land so she didn't look too much like a tourist.

Let the waiting begin.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

A light scythed though the night, a golden triangle pausing here and there, up and down the aisles.

Finally, it bathed Silent in it's golden glow.

"Ticket?"

The bark came from a small-ish, thin-ish kid in a dark nylon windbreaker with large golden STAFF letters emblazoned across it. Amazing what can be done with a three dollar roll of vinyl tape. A ball-cap pulled low confined an unruly gaggle of hair that billowed out below it.

"Uhhh. And, like, car? This is a drive-in."

Because duuuuuuuuuh.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Silent blinks and stands. She looks the 'kid' over and frowns. Seriously? This was her contact? What was he, twelve? And obviously assumed he was a comedian too.

She smiles, slightly. More like a crooked slash across her face and shrugs. "No go, little dude. I'm just waiting for someone who asked me to meet him here."

Please tell me this is a joke.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Boom.

Flashlight right in the eyes. Okay, so. Yep. That's a chick. Not a random hobo.

"Well, you can't just, like, sit down at a drive-in. Especially without a ticket. That's a double foul. I mean, what if the someone you were meeting wanted to sit in your car? For, you know. Privacy."

The flashlight moved around, sweeping around them.

"I mean, dude. This is is just anarchy you got going on here. Why don't you text whoever you're waiting for."

No glitter, no Cap'n Crunch Decoder Ring. Was he really going to have to babysit this cherry?
    - Roald Dahl

Silent laughs. Ok maybe he was twelve but he was kind of funny. Although this is going to require more conversation then she'd wanted to have.

She takes the flashlight to the eyes with grace, but it was totally rude in her opinion. No harm no foul though. Her eyes don't take too long to adjust to the darkness again.

"Well dude, maybe he should have asked if I had a car before suggesting this place. I mean, who assumes everyone has car? Guess I'll just be on my way then. Hey, got any good suggestions for, like privacy and stuff? Just got off the bus and don't know my way around yet."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well. There's that, uh. Driveway. Over there."

Thing about drive-ins? There's no parking lot. There's one up the way, but you gotta look like someone who hangs out in a Pho restaurant parking lot. Which... neither of them did.

"And, what. You'd rather I assume you don't have a car? I mean, that would be some sort of totally gender-biased socio-economic assumption, wouldn't it?"
    He started walking. Toward the driveway. "I mean, you might as well ask who assumes someone can walk. Or see. But maybe I assumed you didn't have a car? Maybe I wanted to see if you'd rent one or hotwire one. So isn't the real question who assumes someone assumes they have a car?"

I Am Jack's Unassuming Assumptions.

"So, like, should I not assume you called me? Or should I."

Because who would assume some rando chick with no car dialed the digits.
    - Roald Dahl

Silent falls into step next to the 'kid', who seemed to like the sound of his voice. "Simple. Assume nothing. Act on the information you have. Which, in your case wasn't much." She shrugs, not seeming to care one way or the other. "That's up to you. Based on the small amount of information you have, it's difficult to say. But if you're the one who has a thing for 'If You Leave', then yes, I called you."

She looks at the driveway and wonders if it will be discreet enough. Not like there is much that can be done about it now. It will have to do. She watches the 'kid' walking next to her and has the sudden urge to ask how old he is. Maybe he's one of those people who always looks young and turns out to be close to forty or something. They don't know each other well enough for such a personal question, so she files it away to ask later. If that kind of later ever comes.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Act on the information you have?

Three or four years ago, that means she'd be dead. Or Jack wouldn't have shown up. Or he'd be into her Aura deeper than whale poo in the ocean. Funny how a small town changes you. Nah. Things don't change. So he Stared. And Stared. And blinked. Super annoying, yo. Either her or him. But it meant she wasn't regular.

"Sure. I like 'If You Leave'. Who doesn't? That's like asking if someone has a thing for 'The Loco-Motion'. So you called me. Is this a set-up? If it's a set-up, I'm kind of involved. Unless you're a friend of Zack's and this is pay-back for Ruidoso. I swear I thought that guy said I could pay to have him kidnapped for a 'Don Quixote' show. I mean, it was Ruidoso. That's totally Mexico so Don Quixote is what anyone would think. Well. Anyone after six or seven nights. You know what I'm talking about. Mescaline. Peyote. Actual agave tequila. But I swear it was supposed to be a 'Don Quixote' show."

Jack looks awfully sincere.

"...Not a 'Donkey' show."

Star Sucks at Scrutiny!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-19 10:08:06 [03] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Silent Int + Occult + SupVis (10 Again) 10, 6, 2, 4, 6, 4 1 success
    2017-01-19 10:08:06 [02] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Silent Int + Occult + SupVis (10 Again) 7, 2, 5, 2, 1 failure
    2017-01-19 10:08:06 [01] Star rolls 5 to Scrutinize Silent Int + Occult + SupVis (10 Again) 3, 4, 5, 5, 5 failure
    - Roald Dahl

Silent let's him ramble, kind of listening. He sounded like someone who seriously needed to be on meds. Not to mention she had no idea what he was talking about. She watches him speak and wonders if he has an impressive lung capacity to get all of that out with only a few breaths. This was getting her no where and her annoyance factor was rising. With a tone of ever lasting patience, she smiles.

"Yes, I called you. A friend of mine gave me your number and told me you were the person to contact when I got here. He said you could help me find my way around. Maybe tell me if there are any other people I need to speak to. No I don't know.....Zack? Or anyone else you've mentioned and I don't even want to know what a Donkey show is, thanks."

There don't appear to be any active spells surrounding her at the moment.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"This."

The dark shadow of a motorcycle pulled off the driveway was starting to resolve.

"This is a donkey show. This whole thing where you call out of the blue? And stare? And don't say anything actually, you know, useful? I mean, I got that you're new. Said that like five times. Nothing about why you have my number. I'd say it's been fun? But more like Uber fun. As in, call yourself one. And have fun."

I'm new. I called you. I'm new. I'm new. I called you. I'm new. Holy skipping needle, Vinyl Man! He grabbed the helmet, and put it on.

...then took it off, took the ball-cap off, and put it on again.
    - Roald Dahl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread