Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1701) Seneschal's Office

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Absently counting the steps from Eysium proper to her Office, Alice make sure her dead-doll-face is settled into a proper polite mask. Hiding the panic and fear boiling up under her breast. Were she counterfeiting life, her heart would be beating a manic rhythm. Her thoughts ranging from that she hasn't done this before, to why couldn't have this new arrival just announced her Clan so she could pawn this off on her Priscus and not have to face this, and probably fuck it up!

Alice stops abruptly, the number in her head dings, and pushes her door open and remembering therivalmonsterpredator Nic at her back, she flicks on the lights.

The scent of sage and other aromatic herbs permeates the room. Nic will see piles of ash where incenses have burned and crumbled. Curiously there looks to be trailing patterns made by slim fingers in the piles.

"Please keep your bag by the door." says the Doll as she walks farther into the room. Stopping at the pair of chairs set in front of a dark wood desk. Scattered leaves, weaving vines. Predators and prey of all sorts, are carved upon the legs. Amongst the elegant chaos, are symbols and sigils of the Gods Alice pledged her unlife to.

Alice stands near a chairs, a hand gesturing to the other. Once the tell-tale sounds of the other women sitting reaches her ears, Alice will so the same.

Once, before he left Alice thought of doing this with Robert, scaring the shit out of a new Nos that came into their kingdom. Now, without the Burned Man to be an obvious threat, and her eyes, Alice knew she'd need to do more then sit here and ask polite questions. She was a Nosferatu, the only one within the Domain. She needed to play to her strengths.

She takes off her sunglasses. Opens her eyes, letting the women, Nic, see the mawing pits of darkness where her eyes used to be. Anything to unnerve the Kindred across from her. Anything that might give her the upper hand.

A moment or two of them sitting in silence, Alice unblinking, her head titled at this women who disregarded the signs posted and the baskets still out for personal possessions, objects and weapons before one came into the Elysium Popper.

Then taking a leaf right out of Gilroy's book; "Have you ever committed Amaranth? Or have you come into Sacramento with the intention of participating in such an act?" The words are sharp and paradoxically hollow.

I can't believe I got a success. If you want to/need to lie, roll dem dice! :D
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-14 15:53:02 Alice Hart rolls 1 to Spot a lie (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 -3Blind) (10 Again) 8 1 success
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes West liked this post
    S
    Snooky

Nic followed behind the pale woman like a scolded school child, it couldn't be any funnier if ifor it wasn't the truth. Oh how things can turn, she wondered what the fuss was all about a shoulder bag but understood. As she trailed behind this woman, Nic noticed her features and wondered. As they entered Nic senses was flooded with the smell of Sage burning, and a few other herbs whose aroma was permeating amongst some ashes, with the decor Nic gained a sense a familiarity about the place that eased her inner Savage a tad. Even it it was brief, it still was nice. As the Seneschal spoke about the bag, Nic kindly sat it by the door as instructed to do so. If the Seneschal is paying attention she notice it made no sound at all as Nic put it down as told. Turning around she saw the chairs that she gestured to and the baskets, sitting down Nic spoke. "The guy at the door took my gun and clip already when he patted me down, after i showed my License and I.D."

Sitting down facing the Seneschal, Nic comforted herself and maintained a calm composure as they both relaxed. When she removed her glasses Nic's honest first thought was, she's a Haunt. Back in Oceanside, California there were but about 5 and Nic's only ever met 2, one frightened the literal shit right out of her and the other one was the most loyal fellow Acolyte she ever met in her whole 130 somethin years of her own nightly danse. Reaching into her jackets pocket she pulled out both her License as a Private Investigator for the State of California and to Conceal/Carry a handgun with her keys to her black Dodge Durango SUV laying it all in a wire basket. When the woman speaks, listening to the question and digesting it kinda startled Nic a moment. Keeping composed Nic answered truthfully. "No and No. I came here study and work til i am more grounded, and to be part of something important for once.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A jerking nod meets Nic's confession of having left her gun where she ought, "You chose to leave your gun, but not your bag? This is Elysium, and a bag large enough to hold everything you said it did will always make someone...nervous." Surly the women had to understand what could happen when a room of Kindred got nervous.

Silent and still as only the dead can manage, Alice listens to the answer to her sharp question. Her head lulls forward and then back, a strings-pulled-nod. "Good, I would apologize, but the question must be asked." As it had been asked, and will be asked again. "Now, you know my name, and as you've probably already guessed, I am, in fact, of Clan Nosferatu." Alice waits for her curiosity about the Clan of this kindred to be satiated, perhaps she might even offer up a Covenant, if she's a part of one. "Now, I am assuming since you've sought me out, that you are planning on remaining within the Domain for a while and not just passing through?" It's mostly rhetorical, as the women had said she wishes to find a place to ground her, and to be a apart of something important. Neither of those sentiments belied a desire to leave after a few nights.

Then again, Nic wouldn't be the first kindred to have those sentiments only to disappear as quickly as she appeared.

Alice shifts in her seat, bone pale hands reach for her desk as slim fingers dance across free pages and scattered books. "Ah-hah!" she quietly exclaims, the sound only a murmur as she picks up a slim binder, "Here, the laws of the domain, are very easily followed. The Three Traditions will be kept in full, do not violate another's haven, if a Blood Hunt is called, you will be expected to participate." Even if she didn't do anything to help, or hinder Konrad on his flight from the Domain. "None are allowed to inflict Final Death upon another, only the Prince can grant that...privilege. Do not commit treason, but Do attend all officially announced Courts." Alice pauses, something that might be considered a smirk upon her lips, "If there is some sort of issue, please take it to your Clan Priscus, or another Court Official to see if they can deal with whatever it is, before you think about approaching the Prince with it." Alice wondered if Nic would get that she wasn't telling her not to approach the Prince, but to not approach him with small issues that his Court can easily deal with. "The final page lists, all current Clan Prisci, and the Court officials, please memorize it."

After Nic hands hack the slim binder, Alice hands the women another, "This is the list of the laws specific to Elysium. Obviously no weapons are allowed. You are also not allowed to use your Disciplines. The exceptions is of course the Mask, which I'm assuming you aren't able to do." If she could, why would she be baring it for the whole world to feel? "Please be polite, and use common sense."

Alice tried to think, was there anything else?

"Any questions?"

ooc

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    S
    Snooky

"I understand...And i do plan on staying awhile." Nic spoke as she picked the papers, up and read over them. Each domain has different laws, and basic knowledge was still basic, and Nic hated playing chess but it felt necessary."My name's Nicole Khass or more formally known as Nicole bint Fatima but professionally i answer too Nic. No, no Mask, i so wouldn't cover my face like my ancestors had too, Burqas are not my thing either. I'm also not Islamic, i am, an Acolyte though for the Circle of the Crone and what others usually call a Moor of the Clan Gangrel. Or more correctly termed, I am one of The Civilized." Nic relaxed a bit and continued smelling the Sage burning and looking over the paper the Seneschal handed her. She grabbed her Licenses off the table as well and her keys sliding them back into her jackets pocket as well,
    Last edited by West; Jan 15th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Good," she says, with a slow strings pulled nod, while her tone screams 'we'll see'.

Once the second binder is pack in her hands, Alice places both back on her desk. "I wasn't speaking of a physical mask. I was speaking of the Mask of Tranquility, what I have in place so that you cannot feel my Beast." Alice explains, "And these," bone-pale fingers flutter up to her empty eye sockets, "Are not for show, there is no magic hiding them. I cannot see, so I cannot form any opinions based off of your physical appearance. I only have your voice, the sound your movements give off to create the picture of you within my mind." With how quickly Nic was to jump on the defensive on what must have been very apparent of her ethnicity, Alice made she she was just as quick to tell the women that it didn't matter to her at all.

Still, Alice files both names the Savage had given away, you never knew when you might need it.

Stilling a moment as her mind works, thinking back she's heard of 'the civilized' before. Urban Gangrel, social savages. She'd probably get along great with the rest of Sacramento's Savages.

"Your Priscus is Doctor Emma French, she's Unaligned. I don't know if she's in attendance tonight, I hadn't a chance to catch her voice, but if you ask, someone will point you in her direction. Madam Reeve Antinori is also of Clan Gangrel. She is among the Unconquered." Alice refrained from saying that it was a relatively new development.

"And," feeling like she was going to be dropping the proverbial mic, "You're are looking at the only other Acolyte in the Domain."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-16 02:20:39 Alice Hart rolls 3 to Who dem? (Int 2 + Occult 1) (10 Again) 6, 10, 3, 4 1 success

8. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Snooky

As The Seneschal Ms. Hart explained the Mask and her eyesight, Nic started to nod but hesitated as she adjusted her body in the chair. When she started speaking of her Clan's Priscus, Nic noticed the word Unaligned, when she heard that the Madam Reeve was also of the same clan Nic smirked but also noticed the word, Unconquered. When Ms. Hart finished speaking and more or less explained the whole of their Covenant was sitting in the principle's office she knew this city needed them even more. "Understood, so just us. That could both be fun and frightening at the same time."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice wanted to frown. It seemed that this Nic, just wanted to speak of what interested her, ignoring everything else. With a blanketed statement of her comprehension, which Alice wan't clear on if Nic had meant what Alice had already said, or just she was only speaking of the Circe.

"Fun and frightening." Alice echos, the fire seared across her memory flares to life. David's frenzy, and the the burns upon him. Katya freezing in the face of those flames, both Acolytes disappearing afterward. Returning to the charred husk that once was the Circle's Farmhouse. The scent of gasoline, clinging to the air. Alice knew exactly what feeling that statement brought forth and 'fun' wasn't it. "Just so."

"Now, Miss Khass there is one more question I need to ask you before we both might return to the others." pausing for the span of her (non-existent) heartbeat, as she once more echoed the words Gilroy had spoken to her, "Do you, Nicole Khass, Acolyte of the Circle of the Crone, swear loyalty to Prince Asa Clarke, the Officers of his Court, and to abide by the Prince's Laws as set forth by his hand?"

S
    Snooky

Nic listened as Alice spoke, and she paid close attention to what the pale woman spoke. As the question was asked, Nic readied her reply. "Yes, i do Madam Seneschal."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice knows she should have drawn this out, asked more question, sought Nic's history but with their numbers as they were Alice is certain that it will come out, and if this Savage came to Sacramento to do the Domain ill her plots would be ferreted out quickly. Kindred, Alice knew were nosey creatures.

"Please consider yourself Acknowledged in the Domain of Sacramento, you can now feed in the communal areas of the city, if you need a refresher for that, there's a map in the binder," a hand slow makes it's way to her desk to pat the binder in question, "And, you may establish a basic Haven." though knowing the gangrel across from her, Alice bets that until she's a little more established in the city she'll most likely nap in the dirt.

"We can rejoin the others now, but I'd like to call you in a few nights to talk." Alice says as she stands. "I've been the only Acolyte in the Domain for some months now." an explanation givin as she leads Nic out of her office.

You can now increase your Domain Status to 1 in your minisheet!

S
    Snooky

Standing as the pale woman rose, Nic listened and picked up the binder with the map. " Thanks Madam Seneschal, sure thing once i speak with my Clan's Priscus Ms. French and Madam Reeve Antinori, who you spoke of and gave me their numbers too...And anything's better than nothing. I've slept in dirt before, so that is no biggie." Nic stood, holding the binder while looking the map over again thoroughly before closing it and setting it down to follow the Seneschal back into court. "I hope you know i meant no disrespect with the bag, and i hope you have a blessed evening."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread