Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Spiders) The Realm of Gods

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The group has returned after some recovery and planning, and perhaps some more preparation. Today they are going to see whats beyond that statue.

There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

2. Likes Orianna, West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

(Shield Duration (day))Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Unless kept in the dark by the others, Truce learns of the strange portal and mysterious beyond where the intelligent spiders had originated from. The discovery is quite the surprise, but also quite the explanation for how the spiders could mask their presence. Yet they still knew so little about the creatures and their methods.

Truce arrives back at the household. In a small backpack he carries the ritual dagger he'd taken from the spider priestess, as well as his stun gun, crystal, and first aid kit should any of them sustain injury. On his hand he wears his class ring.

It's really not much of an arsenal. He would be depending on his workings as he always has before. But who can say if such things would even work on the other side of this portal.

He looks to the others who have come to join him. "So, what do we know so far?" he asks, hoping to review the information they've gathered up until now.

Shield, 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-12-15 15:43:44 Truce rolls 10 to cast improvised Entropic Guard (day) [Gno+Death+HS] (10 Again) 2, 7, 9, 9, 1, 3, 9, 3, 3, 1 3 successes

4. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Unsurprisingly, the Angel's wearing the bike gear. Again.

Because the spiders are still out there, yo. Nothing's changed. Well. Except the extra weight of semi-automatic in the backpack. Tough call. What he'd really wanted, what the situation demanded, was a nail-studded baseball bat. Or a chain-saw. Because monsters.

"Well."
    A hand flipped the visor up, revealing a grin. "We know that ghosts wind you up. Like, wow. I've never seen you all, you know, Samuel L like that before. You know, yelling and stuff. Anyway. Portal? But I don't think so. No spell. Some kind of tear. Or, I dunno. Hedge witch stuff. Not Awakened."

He looked around.

"So are we going to find a egg nest? Aliens pod style? Who knows."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

(Temporal Dodge Shield Day)Mana 1 Spent
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

What does someone bring with them when they are about to jump into a portal to who knows where? Well, Faye wasn’t sure. This was all new to her, investigating something, trying to help the community. She didn’t have weapons, well, there was her sword, but it was more display, though it was sharp. Plus, she had no training to fight, so she opted instead for a bat. Wasn’t very expensive at the store, but she bet she could swing it hard enough to send a spider

So what does an Enchantress bring? Coffee, steel toed boots, leather pants and jacket, and a pocket watch. But you better bet your ass she was ready with spells to bend lady luck to their will and some bad luck to whatever spider they came across. Her long hair was pulled on top of her head in a tight bun.

But her messenger bag did have some bottles of water, matches and some first aid stuff she got from her piercer. So basically bandages, tape and some ointment. And a baseball bat handle sticking out. It might of looked out of place, but she wasn’t worried. She actually had the idea to go up to the meeting point skipping like Harley Quinn and swing the bat, cause how awesome would that be?! But in the end, she decided not to draw extra attention.

A hand was raised when she got close enough,

“Hey guys! We ready to jump into the rabbit hole?”

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-12-15 19:41:14 Faye rolls 6 to Temporal Dodge(Gno+Time)(Day) (10 Again) 10, 1, 6, 6, 5, 1, 6 1 success

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(Mana for day duration spells)Mana 2 Spent
    PRE

Campanella returns.

The hooded street walker is gone, replaced by someone who might pass for a workman or, less charitably, a criminal. A balaclava presses down on his head; a leather jacket creaking with newness; shirt, jeans, working boots. He winces, as his backpack rattles a little too loudly, as he approaches the house.

"Yes," he states simply as he draws near. "I. Ah. Came prepared..." he adds. At least he wasn't alone in bringing a hefty backpack. He could only wonder what Star had bought with him tonight.

He brushes those thoughts away. "There appears to be a passage of some kind behind a wall furnishing. It appears to be... clogged... with webbing. Its the only place we haven't looked. As to what it represents..." He spread his hands.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-12-19 02:37:03 Campanella to cast Dark Matter rolls 6 to GNO + Matter -1 Tolerance (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 3, 10, 3, 10, 4, 8, 7 3 successes
    2016-12-19 02:35:31 Campanella to cast Shielding rote rolls 9 to Intelligence + Occult + speciality + Order Rote spec + Matter (10 Again) 9, 6, 4, 6, 1, 8, 1, 1, 9 3 successes

Gear
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" Truce answers Star self-consciously, wondering if he's made a bad impression. He would hate to have ruined his credibility at being well-composed.

"Hedge witch?" Truce repeats with some surprise. They had just been talking about other realms and their inhabitants not too long ago. Seems like an ill-omen to have another example turn up unexpectedly.

Truce regards Faye a moment, opening his mouth to reply and then closing it again. Did she mean for that to sound the way it did? He decides not to call attention to it.

"I wonder if the webs are succeptible to fire, though perhaps we shouldn't risk burning the house down trying to get inside. I had to use a working to destroy the webs we found at the other house."

10. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Nah, don't sweat it."

Come on, yo. In Sacramento, you've got to do a bit more than yell at a ghost to win the Anti-Social merit badge.

"Were you around when Leo lost his cool and blasted at Asp with Fire during a little, like, pugil stick thing?"
    See. "And yeah, Hedgies. Like some Fallen hoo-doo. But, like, that works. Weirdness."

Fingers waggled at Faye and Campanella in a wave. Did they arrive together?

"Almost. I mean, you know, after the webs are handled."
    His backpack is stuff, and a zip reveals the top of a coil of green rope. "Got some carabiners, too. Figured, I dunno. We could link up. Or tether one end to This Side. Just in case."

Options, yo.

"Let's, like, go blast webs?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hand raises and waves to Campanella as he draws near. Seeing the multiple bags among them, she had to wonder what everyone brought. Maybe she should have brought more?

The Enchantress grimaces, “Yeah, I think burning down the house would be frowned upon. Well, at least until we figure out what’s going on and if torching the place will solve it? Then count me in!” cause yeah, if it killed the evil spiders and solved the problem, she’d light the torch herself. Fire kills everything, and if it didn't, well, then they were in some serious trouble.

Looking to Star and what was in the bag when he opens it, she nods, “Hey! That’s a great idea!” and it was.

A hand pulls out her bat and slings it over her shoulder, “I’m not really good with fights and all that, but I figured this would be good for some batting practice!” cause some spiders were totally gonna fly when she saw them. Well, after she shifted some luck to her side of course. “So yeah, did we want me to contort myself into the opening, or are we gonna make it bigger? Either way works for me.” Yeah, she was still willing to go into that hole first.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Well I don't know about burning down the house, but I have bought some aerosols to use on those damned webs. Actually, if people don't mind, I would like to take a sample for later study." Campanella coughed politely. "I would prefer we not have to destroy the building. It might bring too much attention to ourselves. Maybe if we can seal the passage, that will suffice? I do not mean to denigrate our losses on this, but this neighbourhood appears too well-to-do for an arson attack to go unnoticed."

How they had gotten away with ransacking the place he would never know. All that banging and crashing...

He turned slightly to Faye. "We will need to clear a path first. The webbing almost completely sealed the passage from what we saw. We will also need to work out how the statue operates - but that should prove to be the easy part, I think."

He looked at Star and he smiled. "I... Did not think of that. That sounds... the safest bet considering we don't know where the passage ah... goes."

He looked to the house.

"So shall we? Yes! Lets go blast some webs!" And spiders. No he was not interested in... oh heavens, yes he was. He really wanted to see one of these mutant spider creatures up close. For research purposes.

Campanella, sometimes you are sick!
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The group approaches the house, dusk settling in. There is no one to disturb them as they break in, once again, finding little has changed. They mass outside of the closet, the spider statue's eyes seeming to watch them.

apologies
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Orianna liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread