Ended
Watch

A Stroll Downtown

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Rilebre

Hurrying to the appointed place, William breathed a sigh of relief that he was the first there.

Punctuality really was so undervalued.

Standing on the streetcorner, Will looked around for signs of the Seneschal, idly looking about as he waited for her to appear.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

And appear she did.

With certain steps the Blind Doll walks down the sidewalk. In her hand her folding cane, more prop then an essential requirement for the Seneschal now as time crawled ever onward and she moved farther and farther away from the years and decades she had her sight.

Better to have lost it now, then in a hundred years, it would have just been a more painful to realize the gravity of centuries without her sight, when she'd already lived a few. Alice understood intellectually that she might have forever if she played her cards right, but in her heart...she hadn't even lived out a normal human lifespan yet.

The only time her steps hesitant in their even tempo is when the Wraith wakes. Hissing, and spitting at the presence of another predator. A rival! Alone in the dark, away from Court. A place and a time of her choosing it would be simple to - Alice sighs, and returns the Wraith back behind cold iron bars.

"Doctor Matheson?" asks Alice in the direction that tugged and twisted at the Wraith.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

3. Likes West liked this post
    R
    Rilebre

The Beast snarled at the coming challenger, and Will desired nothing more than the Seneschal's blood on his hands and in his throat. But he dismissed the thought with a shake of his head and approached her amicably.

"Ms. Hart. Good evening." He said, identifying himself by the sound of his voice.

"I hope I'm not distracting you from anything to pressing tonight?"

She certainly would have pressing things to attend to with her new position. Will was still trying to establish himself in the city, and thus did not have any real obligations from night to night, besides the stints at the hospital some evenings.

"I thought it would be pleasant to have a walk and chat, just the two of us." He said smiling genuinely.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice has the Mask of Tranquility Active, so William can't feel Alice's Beast ^-^

Alice nods, as a hollow sound of agreement meets with Matheson's opening platitude.

The Doll shakes her head, settling a well practiced, and completely normal looking smile upon her petal pink lips, "If there was anything to terribly pressing, I wouldn't have allowed myself to be dragged away."

Another hollow sound of agreement, "Since I've taking up my new duties, I have had significantly less time to enjoy a walk."

Alice readjusts her grip on her folding cane and tilts her head, her petal pink practiced smile towards the sound of Matheson's voice. "Any destination in mind?"

6. Likes West liked this post
    R
    Rilebre

Will, tilted his head. Alice seemed a bit on guard. But perhaps that was normal, this was the first time they were meeting alone, after all, and it hadn't been that long ago that they first met.

He probably shouldn't read too much into it, she had agreed to come with him after all. It would be a shame if she thought he had some ulterior motive,he really did just prefer her company.

"Well, of course, I wouldn't imply you have a lack of prudence." He said, in a still amicable tone of voice.

"But let's not talk about work, aye? I've just finished myself and I think now is the time to let the mind move elsewhere."

"I was thinking a stroll around downtown would be nice. It would give me a chance to further acquaint myself. But I will defer to your superior judgement if you have a better route in mind?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, and lets the comment go. One didn't last long implying a myriad of things about other Kindred. There's more then a fair few that would take offence to an implication.

"You might not want to talk about work," Alice begins, in time with her own steps, a she turns back the way she'd come, "But the lines downtown might require us to talk more of it." When had Matheson arrived? And had he looked at the map, the territories, and the lines of the Rack? It would always be a good idea to familiarize a new arrival with those invisible lines, lest he make a fool of himself, and bring about the Prince's displeasure.

"I don't have routes...I simply walk where my feet and the Winds take me." she pauses her steps, "If you want to walk as I do, we'll simply chose a direction and go." It might sound ridiculous coming from a blind women, but Alice trusted in the Winds. They would never lead her astray, until they did, but it would simply be to lead her towards another trial she would need to overcome.

R
    Rilebre

Will wasn't exactly sure what she meant by "lines" downtown. Was she talking about crowds? Was she afraid of not blending in. No, that didn't make sense, he had seen her in public places before. Did she mean literally property lines? Will wasn't planning on feeding tonight, so that shouldn't be an issue... In the end he just wasn't sure.

"Hm. Following the wind." He says, musing over the words. "You know, perhaps that might be more enlightening than surveying the city? If you don't mind leading, I'll be glad to follow."

He wondered how the blind Haunt avoided danger simply strolling wherever she was compelled to. It was honestly a frightening thought for Will. If she somehow became known... well. But then if her routes were unpredictable he supposed it would be harder to ambush her. Maybe that was a defense in itself.

"So. How are you this evening, Ms. Hart?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"The Winds." She corrects gently, Four of Astraeus' Nine sons are the Anemoi, the Winds. "And yes, it is a very enlightening experience." Alice stills, waiting for Boreas bitter currents to tug and twist at her hair and cloths, once she's certain she can divine where his bitter arms are tugging her to, she begins to move in that direction.

Perhaps this walk will enlighten the Rebel, and ignite the flame of possibility within him.

The tempo of her steps even, certain even as she clicks her tongue and leaves an ear open to listen. "So far? It's been relaxing. Or more relaxing then many of my evenings have been lately. And yourself Doctor Matheson?"

R
    Rilebre

"The winds." He says, accepting his error.

Of all the covenants, Will was the least familiar with the Circle. He understood the Vic and the Dragons well enough. He understood the Zealots and their fascination with a divine plan. But the Circle was a mystery to him. Perhaps he was just lacking any acquaintances who had delved into the thick of it to relay it to him. He honestly wasn't even sure if Alice's talk of the winds had anything to do with it at all.

"Do you often tell others about your beliefs?" He asks, following beside her. "Or are they perhaps too personal?"

He was genuinely interested. If there was one thing he did enjoy about the Domain in Sacramento, it was the freedom of choice that it offered as far as affiliations.

"That's good to hear. I'm just getting into a relaxed mood, myself."

Never too relaxed. That was impossible with the beast in the back of his mind.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice smiles, her practiced, in public smile. Glad that the Carthian simply accepted her correction, wondering why he didn't offer up more of a fight. His next question makes her wonder if he'd be open to the Greater Truth, and begin learning of his own faith as Konrad had, with the Lancea Sanctum.

"No one has taken the time to ask," says the Doll, since her induction into the Circle was fairly knew she doubted that many had thought to ask, perhaps the thought that Unaligned Alice had become Alice the Acolyte hadn't had time to percolate through the collective consciousnesses of the Domain.

But still Alice didn't answer the leading question, to expand upon her beliefs, because as it stood. No one had asked.

The Truths the Crone could offer were not for the week and the unworthy, and those that refused to outright ask, and face the consequences of their curiosity, fell into one or both of those categories.

Again, Alice nods, "Work wasn't too stressful?" he worked in the ER, it couldn't be pleasant for a Kindred, especially one who hadn't had much time in the Domain to find a hunting pattern or rhythm.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.