Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1612) Emma & Jacob

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"Oh? What style? And you might have just found a chess partner! If, you are still interested in the game." He gave a wide grin initially before it dampened slightly; it wouldn't do to be presumptuous.
    He gave a conspiratorial grin as she leaned in. "Oh I understand, there is no pleasure like reading the ingredients in mouthwash." He laughed with her once more. "I absolutely understand where you are coming from, a stack of games fill a good fifth of my closet collecting dust. For video games, it's mostly the ability to simply log on and interact with anyone else. Plus it makes it easier to hang out with old friends. Easier to hide the truth from them when it isn't face to face." He sighed lightly, "I do miss it though."

I appologize for the wait! My posting schedule will be wonky until I get back.

2. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Emma French

PRE

"Oh!" Emma almost squealed with excitement. "I would love to dust off a few games with you." She smiled brightly, "Chess and what else?"

"I fight in the Shaolin style mostly but am working on other styles. I just love how Shaolin challenges me mentally and physically."

Emma laughed at the mouthwash comment, "So you totally get the read anything and everything issue then."

No problem, I knew you had stuff going on.

4. Likes White liked this post

"Well let us see, I haven't played Carcassonne or Road to Tokaido in a blasphemous amount of time." He tapped his lip, the thought of actually getting together with someone and playing board games had faded from his mind. He let his mock somber pose melt into a grin that matched hers.
    Some claimed to practice martial arts, and when they're shallow knowledge of the subject was shown it just embarrassed both parties. He seemed to doubt this was the case this time, despite the lack of detail. "I enjoy lifestyle pursuits that way, simply by dedicating yourself you learn and grow." He certainly felt that way with boxing, his brief rise in high school amateur rings was the hell of brutal diets and conditioning. But the feeling he got, completely in the zone, weaving and landing clean hits... nothing quite like it. Curiosity got the better of him, as per usual, and he decided to prod a little more: "do you prefer the internal or external portions of the art?" Some interested in only combat preferred the hard, others desiring active meditation prefers only soft. While he preferred a 50/50 mix it was always interesting seeing others perspective.

Emma French

PRE

"Did I mention that it's the southern style I tend to do? Anyway, the external when in a fight and the internal when practicing moves alone. I have recently thought about adding yoga to my workouts. It is the Cali thing to do." She chuckled.

"But seriously, I am really into working on my internal control. I can have a temper ad I don't like to lose my temper. If I let my temper flair I prefer it to be in a controlled manner. You don't happen to have Talisman or Agricola? They are a lot of fun. but probably not really games for just two people. Though perhaps we could get a game night going at some point and include others in also. For now Carcassonne would be fun too, though I never have played Tokaido." Emma was so excited to play some games with someone. It was a great thing to do to pass the time but no one seemed to want to do it. However, to be fair she never did ask anyone about it. Hmm What a thought.

Likely Nanquan in that case.
    "Practice as you play!" He cautioned lightly, it was only too common to see practitioners fail to apply when it came time to transition from practice to combat. One only had to google "Shaolin monk vs UFC fighter" to see those who did not transfer from practice to combat well. "I know what you mean; I had a good deal of directionless anger with my father when I was younger," Did I just? "boxing helped me with that. It gave release while developing the body, which in turn develops the mind." He could hardly believe he had just said that, and had to press on to mask his surprise at himself. The playful grin that had characterized his face during the conversation nearly dropping, it's edges twitching. "I don't have either no, but I have heard of Talisman, you'll have to teach me the rules sometime!"
    "Never played Tokaido!" He echoed while wringing his hands in mock distress "Well well we will have to fix that!" His grin returned full force. "You're quite right, though, most of these are more fun with more players. It's a shame but..."
    He looked around the room. Well Alice would be. His expression became coloured by chagrin. He was all for amends but it seemed his attempt only irritated her further. Ah well, we don't all have to be friends.
    "... I honestly can't think of anyone else that would join us. I admit to not really knowing everyone, however. I'd suggest that my clan is the most likely but," he laughed "it would seem they're not your typical Shadows."

Emma French

PRE

Emma was very happy he was sharing a more private side of him. It felt really good. "I look forward to us getting together to play games and just hang out." She handed him a card with her number on it. "Please call me."

Emma looked around, "While our numbers have dwindled recently it seems to be slowly rebounding. When I was here before there were so many, but then it almost felt like too many. All the different personalities, and some were so difficult to deal with. And too many had political aspirations. It was interesting to say the least."

"And I as well." His expression brightened accepting her card, "I'll have to get cards myself one of these days."

"I certainly hope so, we all play a slow game of roulette labeled immortality." He scoffed at himself, "Ack, look at me, growing darker with the night." It was getting late, how time flies with excellent company. He looked over at the newcomer, then to William and Bea. "It seems we few have our own share of politics. Interesting indeed. In any case, Deputy," he spoke her title with an easy simper, "I look forward to hanging out in a place I may call you Emma." He gave a little bow, "I should be off, tis getting late and I'm far too young to be catching the sun."
    He spoke with pseudo-cadence, and then gave a little wave "have a good night!"
    Finally, unless stopped, departing for the coat room.

10. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Emma French

PRE

"I look forward to meeting with you again." Emma smiled to herself as he walked off.

12. Likes White liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread