Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Roach Motel: Getting a room

Charlie searched for a while, trying to find the roach motel Ishani mentioned to him. Finally he fond it and parked his car.

Let's just hope the clerk isn't suspicious of me like she mentioned. This place must shack a lot of kindred for them to get wise to us.

Walking inside to the office, he walks up to the counter and waits for service.

The office is not very well lit, which is probably for the best considering how dirty it is. The carpet is greasy with filth, the counter actually has greasy hand prints on it and the woman sitting behind the counter fits right in. She obviously hasn't taken a shower in weeks and Charlie has no trouble smelling the alcohol taint coming off her in waves. She has a computer in front of her with a screen so covered in grime he is surprised she can even read it.

She looks up as he enters and gives him a yellowed, broken tooth smile. "Hey there cutie, what can I do for ya?" Her voice is very raspy from years of smoking.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Charlie takes a quick glance around the room before answering the woman.

Hm, well if the mysterious toxin doesn't get me I think the funk from the place in general will.

"Evening miss, I'd be interested in checking into one of your rooms for a while. Are there any special rates for longer stays?" he asks, resting his elbow on the desk, hoping he isn't one of many who have asked.

"Of course sweetie. It's forty-five dollars a night and one sixty a week if you plan on stayin' that long." She moves her hand onto the mouse of the computer and begins to move it around, clicking it as she stares at the screen. "I got a room open right now, if you're wantin' it."

Reaching into his wallet again, Charlie pulls out 160 and hands it to her.

"Put me down for a week then honey." he says.

Well I have time to kill, might as well block out the windows while I'm at it.

She takes the cash and does a few more clicks with the mouse. "All right there sweetie, you're all set. Cleaning lady comes by every morning at seven, if you leave the sign on the doorknob, your room don't get touched. If you need anything like more towels or blankets, just give me a call and I'll be more the happy to bring 'em to you." Her teeth missing smile is shown again before she looks back to the monitor and Charlie's existance is ignored.

"Thanks a lot miss" Charlie says as he takes the keys and leaves for his car. When he pops open the trunk he pulls out a couple thick blankets folded in the back. Taking them to his room he examines it.

Well, it ain't exactly the Ramada but then again that's perfect for me. Hopefully this'll deter people from comin after me, gang or not gang-related.

Doing his best, he tries to get the blankets tied so they cover the windows. After some difficulty he manages to get them securely tied up there and stares at it for a moment.

Okay, now that I'm finally done with runnin around to protect my ass I can finally relax and check out the city.

Grabbing his car keys, he leaves his motel room, making sure it's locked before getting in his car and driving off again.

Closed Thread