Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

The Unicorn was in fine form tonight!

Wearing her spiffy new hoodie gifted to her by her fellow Enchanting Lady, and Councilor. It was just so soft and cuddly that she hadn't taken it off since she tore open the box.

She might have added a few beads and bangles to the mane and tail, but it twas her mane and tail. So there!

Swaggering into the Circle, Tuesday finds a pew to lounge on as she waits for Campy to make his appearance.

He's probably gonna be prompt.

Since meetings.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West, Orianna liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella headed over to the Circle with curiously mixed feelings. Tuesday was one of the more carefree mages of their community, and a member of Veiled Threats to boot. The VT were a group he had had little truck with, up to this point - of the two groups in the Consilium, they appeared the most organised and self sufficient. It would have been stupid to say that didn't have his suspicions, but his caution was tempered by hope: hope that he could perhaps learn something about this Cabal, maybe even establish some guanxi for later use.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-12-03 03:11:59 Campanella to cast Supernal Vision rolls 4 to GNO + Prime (10 Again) 1, 8, 3, 5 1 success

He came without a Shield. A show of trust. He came with Sight to ensure a Shield was not needed. And besides, he had to travel right across the city and it helped to keep an eye out for trouble. Their Enemy was hidden and eminently capable of striking from the shadows.

Nothing could prepare for what awaited him in the Circle.

That hoodie...

The Moros can only stop and stare - until, with a gentle cough, he regains a measure of composure and walks confidently to the pew that Tuesday had claimed. He claimed the one in front and once claimed, he twisted in his seat so he stared back at the Enchantress.

He tried to suppress the upward quirk on his lips but failed.

"I... I am listening. Your call interested me. You... ah... seemed quite ernest about something?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes West, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

The cough has the Unicorn turn to look behind her, she gives the Mystagogue a jaunty wave. Head turn and hazels follow as Campanella sits himself in the pew ahead of her, and set to turning to look at her. Instead of siting there and trying for some cheesy and slash or cliche spy movie convo thingy.

She and Star should totally do that sometime. It'll be hilarious!

His upward lip quirk is noticed, and it's matched, then raised with a full blown gin.

Poker: Facial Expressions Edition.

"Hi." head bobs. "I'd hoped you'd listen since can't talk without a listener. Well you can talk without a listener but then you're just talking to yourself, and some peeps think that's bad." eye roll. "But yeah. Earnest. Sure. That works. Well more then works. Since I am. Kinda. Well. More then kinda." was this Campy's first experience with Unicorn babble? Probably.

"Sooooo..." is drawn out, her rasping voice cracking as the sound dies a natural death, "The Mysterium. What's that like?"

Ever since Avis gave her Arrow pitch and Star gave her the Guardian's version sprinkled with maybe Indiana Jones'ing around with the Mysterium the idea at been bugging her and just wouldn't go away until she gave up and texted Campy.

Options. She had them. And a burning desire to have zip for Regrets.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

There is a long pause while the Moros attempts to tease the meaning from the babble of words spilling from the Acanthus.

"We were the priests, lore masters and librarians of old Atlantis," he said simply. There is another pause while his eyes bounce and his lips form a contemplative line.

"That is from where the Order springs. It has evolved and... changed... down the centuries. The goal remains the same, more or less, but the methodology... Thats been expanded and contracted and expanded again over the years. We are not just an Order of Scholars now; there are guardians armed to the teeth, teachers, academics, explorers, spies... And yes, there are even wild eyed fanatics and crazy mystics too." He had never met any of them thank the Oracles!

He paused again, managing at last to gaze upon Tuesday in her mind-boggling and eye-watering hoodie.

"Oh! I see. You want to understand the Order's general philosophy? Yes? It could be summed up as three maxims: Knowledge is Power; Knowledge Must Be Preserved; and Knowledge Has A Price. Each one could be developed further - and yes, in my Order there are books on the subject. Generally, you will find these translate into a mission to locate Awakened knowledge; to preserve it; and to ensure such knowledge is given over to the those who are worthy of it. Unlike the Free Council that would simply preserve and disseminate our - by this I mean our as in Awakened persons - our sacred lore to all and sundry."

He looked at his audience - at the big goofy hoodie and the hazel eyes.

"Think of us as a brains trust and reclamation team." And a whole lot more, but Tuesday was not yet worthy of such knowledge.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Whoa. Words.

Wordy words even.

This was more words then she's ever heard Campy say. Ever. Not just at one time, but Ever. Like. Ever-Ever.

Priests and scholars. Blach. But the other words....less Blach, and more the cool and most recognizable part of Indy. "Word." because it made her smile, and also, "Knowledge. Powerful and pricey. I got that. Like really." Finger flips upward to point at her Serious Face. It's totes serious. No. Really. It is. She's been practicing. "And duh. To the Preservation part." See! She could Word too!

Tuesday bobs her head. Enjoying the sound her bead and bangled mane was making. "Huh. Cool. Simplifies and complicates everything." that it did. Gave the Unicorn a bunch to think about to boot.

Her head does some more bobin' as she listens to the music her mane makes. "Soooo. Yeah. That's basically it." impressed because it's actually more then what Avis, or Star gave her. But they were more accessible for Unicorn questioning. "Thanks for the wordsplosion. But if you got places to be, and lore to reclaim or whatever. You can you know. Do that." She felt a little shitty about dragging Campy out here, only to up and leave after a couple of minutes. "But...if not..." well, her tushy was still planted.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella is staring.

"Well... It is my hope that relics of the previous... time line... may still be with us. If you some how find something that fits the bill, I would be interested in obtaining it and placing it within the newly furbished Athenaeum. It is my hope that, should we find enough remains of the past - the previous time line, that is - we might be able to reverse the ruin that the Seers have done."

A pause.

"You understand? Anything that does not fit within the established time line? Any object... or person, heaven help us... who appears off or out of synch with time? I would have thought an Enchantress like yourself would be sensitive to such things?"

Surely there was more than this? And so he asked.

"Have you been thinking of joining the Mysterium?"

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Sorry if my last Tuesday post sounded a little more manic then she normally is, I might have finished a cooler or several when I got to that post :P

And Campy's still wording. Neat.

"Yes. I do understand." but the words made her brows do the 'come on keep talking' thing. "I got here just when everything was starting. The Dreams, the realization that everything...Wasn't. It was heavy. And why I jumped at making a cabal - even though it flopped. But I got Vee Tee now. So. Yeah." a head bob is more effective then a shake, "Effin' up the Seer's plans, and mending broken Time lines. Yes. Count me in."

A moment. Wishing she had some gum. "Star told me once, that there used to be like thirty Awakened in Sacramento. Now there...well. Yeah. So fixing a little bit of that - people or things. Not that people are things. There's a difference. - sounds good."

Then. The Big Question.

"I dunno. Maybe. See like. I'm not an Apostate because I don't get the Diamond. Or I think it's stupid. Or Atlantis is a myth. Cause nope. Not this Unicorn. But There's a whole bucket load of baggage behind my stint in Apostasy that I don't wanna unzip. But maybe I have too. See I always thought I'd Arrow. There were symbols, and signs and all that stuff. But because of me." gesturing to all of her, "Everyone already knew I'd join the Eff Cee. So they'd save their energies for someone who'd be worthy and not...I dunno. A lost cause or some shit." another head bob. It was quickly because a tell. Damn. "So I left when I could and then..didn't join the Eff Cee. Or find some Arrows. I was just pissed. I built up this romanitiziced, idilize image in my mind, and then...well. I'm here now and Avis says that I can Arrow and she wants me too. Buuut. Star. Star's like sure Arrow. But-then he uses words." duh. "He says I can get my spysassin-Guardian thang on. But also's like but maybe you could join up with the Mysterium." A huff of breath. "And the idea's been itching in the back of my brain for days!"

Pausing because talking uses a lot of air.

"So. Sort answer. Yeah. Maybe. I dunno. I don't want to join an Order and have joiner's remorse or whatever."

13. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nodded. He had to. Nodding was what one did when confronted by a babbling woman in a horrifyingly novelty hoodie. One never knew what she might do if provoked...

"Well. Now is a perfect opportunity to find out if any Order is a good fit for you. I can understand completely wanting to seek out the right Order where you will find the most reward on your path to Wisdom. All streams lead to the river and the sea - but you must be on the right stream or you will loose yourself, yes?"

He paused and let her finish.

"Have you contacted any of the Silver Ladder? If you have spoken with the Guardians and the Arrow already, why not finish it. They may surprise you." His words felt hollow. He could not see Tuesday among the Ladder's ranks.

"Thank you for your offer of assistance. Truthfully I cannot say if what I seek even exists; but if you hear any rumours... or if you find anything that seems... well, out of place and time... let me know. At the very least the Athenaeum can be used to hold anything of interest until such a time that we can look into it." His smile was genuinely appreciative.

"Can I help you with anything else?"

15. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Aaaaand Campy was staring at her.

...did she have something stuck in her teeth?

Tongue over teeth. It didn't feel like she did. Huh.

Switching her head bob for a rapid nod. "Yeah, 'xcactly." even if it sounded a little Pocahontas. But yeah. Rivers. Oceans. Wisdom...

A flat dead pan stare of incredulous, incredulity. "I don't see any Théarch in me...just...no." Honestly. It landed in the Eff Cee camp of Not Considering. "But in fairness. Uh-maybe I could talk to Truce. Or Faye." Maybe both. Or maybe just Truce. Since Faye might not...stay Laddering it up.

"Yeah, no prob." lopsided smile, "And sure. Any rumors, or whatever, I'll let you know."

Questions. There were many. But maybe one she didn't get to ask Avis or Star.

"Why'd you Wing it up?" Tuesday shimmies, the wings on her back wiggling with the movement, but her heart wasn't in it. Quickly she settles, stilling in her seat, "Over...everything else? How'd you know?"

17. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

The Mystogogue chuckles and slips into a more relaxed pose. He rakes at his cheek while he frames his thoughts. There are things he can say... And things that he can't.

"I am... A self made man," he replied at last. "So let us begin with the Art world. I was working as a dealer of collectables and I was increasingly certain there was more to the art world than met the eye. Art is always political. Art always says something. Eh scratch enough art and you will find many, many, conspiracy stories. I found connections. And then I discovered a group of people who made those connections. You might say that it went from there."

It was a decent answer. A partial truth; a distraction; but a decent answer. He could not really talk about his political connections at the time, or how that figured into the shadow war in the Federal capital. Nor could he openly speak about the shared philosophies between himself and the the Order. Best to turn the conversation from those topics without airing them.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread