Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1612) Formal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That's a shame."

Asa lifted his eyes up and swept them around, indicating the ceiling that the soft throb of music whispered through.

"I've been curious to hear first-hand accounts of Sacramento during the California Gold Rush."
    The sheer number of tunnels and mines around the city were intriguing -- most of which went undocumented and were lost to the ages. "We've had more than one... problem... from the underground and sewers that suggest that they are no mystery to some."

He didn't press the dodged question. A question implied, rather than asked in expectation of reluctance.

"So what brings you to Sacramento now?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Hugh Everwood

PRE

"Can't help none there," Jesse offered an apologetic look, just as he shrugged because little to be done about it either, "wasn't around for the Gold Rush in this state and didn't much roam the area neither. Never had much mind for mining, was more the type to go about driving cattle through the states. As Kine anyway." Can't much do that when people pushed herds through the day and rested in the night, not the other way around.

Secret tunnels weren't really new, there were probably a number of them around many cities. Jesse was more the type to be above the ground than underside.

Seemed more like something Haunts might be savvy about. Maybe not like in other cities, Kindred weren't that numerous around here.

Not that Jesse much minded, made for easier hunting without meeting no Beasts.

"Ah, the very thing. Never been around Sacramento to get much an impression of it, figured it was high time to get one. The city's new, got its own charm that I got nothing to compare it to. Different kind of experience to return to a place you've been to before." Of course, he wasn't old enough to have seen all there was, but visited enough places from his Kine (and young Kindred) days to know what he was talking about. "Sacramento's shiny and new to me, it's been very welcoming to me so far."

Turning so he could partially lean against the bar, Jesse asked after a moment, "Mind me asking if you are from the city or did you come from outside?"

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Spending a few years in the nightmare of torpor makes one hungry for intelligent conversation. Ishani decided the best way to relieve her emptiness was to shower, dress, and head for Elysium. On the way, she noticed the signs for Court and smiled. Looks like she picked the perfect time to wake up.

She had settled on a simple black dress affair and tossed her hair up, leaving ringlets to trail down and frame her face. It wasn't the most glamorous style, but it was functional and that was all she really needed right now.

She entered Nox and frowned, feeling a sense of deja vu. The interior looked different, as in décor, but the lay out of the building seemed familiar. She couldn't place a fang on it though, so she simply continued moving into the club. She considered dropping her Mask at this point but the idea made her uneasy. It had been a long time since she had sensed another Beast and she was concerned about doing it in public. What if she couldn't control herself? Wouldn't that be a disaster? What if Prince Clarke wasn't Prince anymore and she had to deal with some unknown punk who thought he could make a name for himself? Better to just keep it up and not take any chances. And if Asa was still Prince, what would she say?

Sorry babe, I know I tore that guys head off but I couldn't control myself. Probably not going to go well.

Instead, she took some time to look for signs of where she needed to be. Once she got to the coat room, she relieved herself of her knives. Wouldn't do to bring weapons into the Sanctuary either. She was pretty sure the rules hadn't changed there. Besides, she had no idea where she stood in the city anymore. Was she still Acknowledged? Better to be safe then stupid.

She turned away from the coat room and made her way to the main gathering area. The place looked very nice. Not too opulent, but not under done either. She wondered if Twist had a hand in decorating.

She moved away from the entrance in case anyone was walking in behind her. She slowly scanned the room, not recognizing most of the faces. Who are these people?
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes Cayce, , deltadream, West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa laughed softly and gave Jesse a considering look still colored by amusement.

The man had ended nearly a decade streak. Since returning to Sacramento -- nearly a decade ago -- no one had had ever asked where he was from. And while Jesse didn't, exactly, it was close enough.

Asa's smile hung and froze.

Like a photograph or waxen sculpture or simply one of the many Kindred who might forget micro-expressions and let themselves lapse into perfect stillness, he was frozen in the amber of Elysium. And finally he did move; just his eyes, sliding over to Twist for a moment.

"New York, most recently,"
    he finally answered. "I'm sorry, Mr. Jones. Would you excuse me? Someone's arrived who I haven't seen in some time."

Did she forget how to use a phone in the Fog of Eternity?

What else did she forget?
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her dark eyes, all sparkling humor and joy gone now, blink to catch Asa 's look.

"Seneschal, Reeve, Ms. York" she intones absently formal, "I apologize but I am afraid I must step away from this lovely conversation." And then bowing briefly toward Alice, her focus shifts to a single person and she steps away from the small gathering.

Despite this focus though, she doesn't approach Ishani . Rather, she moves directly to intercept and join Asa. Her body was coiled tight, though even she couldn't isolate why.

She wanted to fly at her. It took effort not to.

But was it even her? Or was this a trap better laid than what Rahyna had threatened to spring? Without active thought she ran through the various knives she had and where.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

8. Likes , Frost, West liked this post

Emma French

PRE

While talking to Jacob, a movement caught Emma's eye. She watched the Prince move away from his conversation and Twist then moved. It seemed that perhaps a new arrival had them on the move. Emma looked at the woman, someone she didn't recognize. She would keep an eye on the situation incase she was needed. For now it looked fine. She returned to her conversation but kept a watchful eye on the court.

Hugh Everwood

PRE

So far it would seem many of the people he'd met came from outside. Hadn't talked with all of them just yet, but it was a curious thing to notice. Sacramento seemed to be a place for many wanderers to come to.

Some settle, some leave again.

The change in the Prince's demeanor was hard to miss, prompting an eyebrow of his to arch a little as an answer was given.

"Of course, your Grace," he replied with a smile as the man was moving away already, hardly going to keep the man from catching up with someone. Jesse did go and turn so he was leaning with his back against the bar, arms folding to look the woman over that had the Prince seek her out.

Curious and curiouser — especially when the Hound left the group as well to join the Prince.

Deputy French leaving Maddox's side to pay proper attention as well just made whatever this was something worth witnessing. Even if he got no idea just who the woman was beyond some wayward acquaintance of the Prince. Might learn more seeing what was going to happen next, then decide whether to pay attention to it more or seek out some other folks.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Movement caught her eyes and Ishani saw Asa separate himself from someone she did not know. Then Twist was there beside him. Both Kindred brought a rush of mixed emotions like a tidal wave crashing against jagged rocks. Part of her wanted to run and embrace then both, relieved to see them "alive" and well, but the other part was apprehensive. It had been a long time since she decided to take the long sleep. What had changed? Were they the same people she'd known and loved before? Did they even want her to wake up?

She gave her head a small shake. None of that mattered. This was Court and she had not survived for over a hundred years to forget everything her Sire had taught her.

With calm and deliberate steps, she walked over to the two people that mattered to her more then anything else and smiled, trying to convey her happiness and relief in the small gesture. She made a formal bow to them both but wasn't sure what to say. She had no idea if they still held the same positions of respect. Taking a deep breath, more to inhale the scent of them together then to speak, she spoke in a low voice. "I am Ishani Naetesh of the Mehket. I claim allegiance to the Invictus and membership of House Millar. I present myself for Aknowledgement."

She searched their faces for some sign of what they were thinking. She could only hope her presentation would be accepted.
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa had Heightened his Senses.

Has she forgotten the Ordo Dracul?

Keen to the point where he could hear the soft thump of his lone heartbeat in Elysium, and smell the dregs of the drink he'd left behind. Keen enough to decipher the challenge in the delicate features and movement beside him. How strange, then, to turn those Senses upon the one that had taught him the value of them, and what they could reveal?

The trace smells of his own Haven on the fabric of the dress he recognized. The curl and lie of hair that spoke of a purposeful, rather than vain, hand.

"So formal, Ish."

He reached out and ran fingers over her cold hand and wrist, feeling something akin to a purr inside from his Predator.

"Twist and I welcome you back. You should have called to let us know you were coming back into town."

Asa winked and smiled.

Then exhaled, and finally just stared.

14. Likes Frost, White, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

And just like that, Twist relaxed. A smile melted into view and her dark eyes again sparkled as she looked at Ish, drinking in the sight of her awake.

Mirroring Asa, she reached out to touch Ishani 's other hand. A shifting of weight and for just a moment she leaned against Asa, her free fingers brushing against his, the union completing.

As she straightened, she laughed and nodded. "It would have allowed us to give you a proper welcome."

Leaning back and tilting her head to survey Ish's outfit with a bit more calm and an eye to the outfit itself, rather than the person under it, "It seems you have had no trouble with the return though- you look stunning. Hopefully you didn't have to spend too much time shopping?"

She did try to keep her voice pleasant. And for the most part it wasn't hard- the joy at Ishani's return thrilled her. But she knew that it would be nearly impossible to hide from Asa, and possibly even Ishani, the hints of concern and hurt from her voice. Waking was not... easy. And the hurt was at the idea that Ishani had gone through it alone, and then been up for Goddess knows how long ... without even a note to them.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

16. Likes , Frost liked this post
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread