Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1612) Formal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    R
    Rilebre

He takes in the Prince's words for a moment before responding.

"But what is a trend if not an agent of chance? While a certain aspect or status has become common, with or without the aid of mortals and immortals alike, was it anything but chance that selected one over another? Dominance of men could have easily been swayed to dominance of women by just a wrinkle in history. Or is it that perhaps too much to assume?"

He makes an open palm gesture with his hands.

"And the movement is... well, should be, concerned with the affairs of the Kindred. With immortality given to both genders the same, I wonder, does such discrimination still exist among our kind? It certainly shouldn't in a domain such as this one, where such an attitude would lead to obvious folly."

"If it does, or does not, I suppose I am unfortunately not worldly enough to know."
    He admits freely.

"I would like to think the movement has no misgivings about the, ah, wisdom that comes with age. But more that age must yield merit. But, even further, that the young have no, or perhaps to put it more kindly, less merit. After all, can't even a child impress wisdom upon the aged? Especially if the aged begin to see with clouded eyes. Because, don't we all let our eyes cloud? Isn't it, aha, human nature to weigh our experiences against any information laid before us?"

He considers the final question, a slight grin forming on his lips.

"Well, to answer that question, I would pose this one: if the greatest sin is to waste one's life, then how much greater a sin would it be to waste eternity?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Trends being agents of chance?

Asa would love to hear that posited to the entirety of the Ordo Dracul.

"Why do you keep attaching age to everything? It makes for very dull conversation when you choose to either alter or qualify my questions without my consent or intent, or simply avoid answering under the guise of posing your own question. A shame. I've quite enjoyed conversations with Arnoud Giessen and Ashley Cohen and their personal philosophies behind their Experiments."

The fixation on age was so appropriately short-sighted. Most Kindred would be shocked to learn how young the Prince of Sacramento was. Inmates and Convicts.

"Good evening, Dr. Matheson."

Asa offered a nod, then turned and headed towards the bar.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

R
    Rilebre

He smiled wholly at the Prince, shrugged his shoulders and offered.

"Is that what I'm doing? Well, my apologies then. Good evening, Lord Prince."

Clearly the Prince could wax philosophical on his own, but had little patience when it came to others. He was likely far too used to blind agreement and cowed obedience to be able to verbally joust.

But of course, William didn't expect much from him in the first place, he was amazed he bothered to come talk to him at all.

Attaching age to everything, aye. Hadn't he brought up age in the first place? Well, no matter. There were others to see tonight.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist, Alessandra, Alice and Vivian continue here.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jacob and Emma continue here

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse would think it great if all Kindred were going about their business with their Beasts hidden underneath a Mask of Tranquility. Would make socializing with his kind far less troubling when faced with a more powerful Beast than his own, but least they could all go about their business without no fighting.

Common Court courtesy it should be, but he wasn't going to force no one to try and actually learn things that came easy to his clan.

For now, he was staying at the sideline however. Watching the Kindred mingle, form small groups here and there and talk. Oh, he was shameless enough to admit he was mostly just listening in on them all for now, smiling to himself when the prince left William and moved to the bar.

Most of the womenfolk have gone to form a circle to talk, while the newcomer — Bea, he recalled — was arriving and staying back just as he was.

Could approach her, could approach William — but his feet took him over to the bar, thinking it not bad an idea to go introduce himself to Asa since he was in his domain and all. Can't hurt none, can't be worse than have the prince flee his presence as he had William's.

Imitative might be appreciated, might be social plunder; every domain was different in that regard.

"Good evening, your Grace," he said, one arm going to his back while the other moved to his stomach to give a polite bow to the Prince before straightening up again. Waiting for the Prince to acknowledge his presence, he continued with a friendly smile. "Hadn't had the chance to introduce myself to you proper; name's Jesse Jones."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening, Mr. Jones."

Asa turned with a smile to the newcomer. Having deposited his empty glass at on the bar, he gave a few perfunctory wipes at the drop or two of condensation on his hands with a napkin. Even if his smile wasn't a normal fixture, he would have wanted to. The boyish good looks and inviting mannerisms might have pulled it out of him.

"Thank you. I'm Asa Clarke, and now we're proper introduced,"
    he answered. He dropped the napkin in the glass, leaving his hand to rest on the bar. "That's an interesting way of speaking you have. Is it regional?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

8. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Ah, well now. That looked like quite the opportunity...

"In my experience,"
    Bea said softly, coming to a stop a few feet away from William Matheson ( Rilebre ), "it's never good sign if one has to combine the word Prince with a shrug for the purpose of the same sentence."

Care to make a new side thread?
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

R
    Rilebre

Hugh Everwood

PRE

The prince not projecting his Beast was a fine thing; that he had far more bearing than him was a little annoying, but easily explained with Asa simply being the Prince. Couldn't imagine one who wasn't that very same way. Still unnerving.

Jesse was a big boy; he wasn't going to pout about something like that.

Contact made and introductions out of the way, his posture relaxed just that much more. "Regional to some place, but not around here. Haven't been to this city to stay before." Might have passed through it in younger days, but never fully stayed before a few months before — at least, he couldn't recall any longtime stay.

A chuckle left him before adding, "Reckon my speech might put me right at home in the good old Western movies."

Jesse had no delusions about how he sounded; could take the cowboy out of the Old West but can't get rid of all habits. Kindred were, as far as he was concerned at least, creatures of habit. There were days he had to stop himself from reaching up to tip a non-existing hat at people.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread