Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1612) Formal 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"To be honest, I'm not sure how quickly the connection between a stone and the Cathedral would fade, but we could always fix that by doing, like, a monthly ritual, or something. Or, maybe we could just end every official Consilium with the ritual. To symbolize the unity of the cabals with each other, as well as establish the sympathetic links," Avis suggested with a shrug.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Vassagon, West, liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

This? This is why the Angel isn't into arguing.

Because no one listens. It's not about Shields. Or Sights. But no matter how many times he said 'Rits', it was in one ear and out the other. It's all good, though. By now it's clear that the automata thing is Just Talk. That none of these peeps are actually going to wind up a Rit they can't control because... they're just not gonna. Nobody has to wonder what Manifestation is going to come oozing out of the next Moros get-together. And the verbal jabs? That's not an argument, either. It's about cutting just deep enough that someone will remember.

"I like the idea of, hmmm, a ceremony. Or it being ceremonial... ized."

The mop bobbed a nod at Avis and he glanced at Truce. Chili fries. Then back over Faye to rest on Tuesday and a hand lifted in negation. Like brushing away a wrong idea, but when you're holding a water pistol it just comes off as side-aiming like a wannabe.

"No, no. Something big. Like cinder-block sized. I was thinking, like... cutting blocks out of the floor, maybe, I dunno, put a handle on top or Consilium sigil or whatever. And Sanctums having matching blocks. So then they just get swapped, and set into each other's floor. Or foundation. Or wall. Whatever. And we'd hide them or protect them. Whatever. Just that the Sanctums would be tied to the Circle and, hmmmm. Be a Sympathetic, tangible, symbol of the, uh. Trust. And Unity."

And back to Avis. Because Sympathizer.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella was frowning. A deep frown that had grown, slow and sure, over his darkening face. Something must have stung the Moros for his brooding eyes gleamed under his brows. For a moment it appeared he might contest the Obrimos' assertions but at the last moment he grimaced and turned away slightly.

He turned back as the conversation shifted once more.

"As I said," he sighed. "The symbolism is perfect. I think Star has the best idea of it. Unity, trust. It was why I came here without spells - a sign of my faith in our Consilium; that its a neutral ground. But point taken, I will take precautions in the future."

"I have been using the Athenaeum as my Sanctum."
    He added in support of Truce's idea.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Chiding Star is Chiding.

The Unicorn smirks, just waiting for the next person to get pewed in the face. Until the conversation continues and that giddy feeling quickly sours.

Shit. Crowley. Right. Now she feels like a heel about how funny she found the three Mori getting pewed was.

"Hmm! Yeah falling into the Wrong Hands. Or even just Slightly Bad ones would be Bad." she chirps to chirp. Faye's words are a perfict way to mentally run away. "Welp. That would solve the 'Falling into the Wrong or Slightly Bad Hands' thing." Tuesday nods, thinking about it.

Man. Campy's frowny-face sure was frowny.

"Symbolism. I like it just like I like my alteration. Plus it would. Get us all community-like with some rituals. Can't be a bad thing." It might even help the Consilium from being this...This.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Strix

PRE

Strix scratched the back of his head, nodding when Truce confirmed that it was not meant to be something to be carried around but instead be left at their Sanctums. Cutting out some part and replacing it with a piece of their respective Sanctum should not be all that difficult.

At least he didn't think so.

Wayland would be having had a field day about getting this done — if he was around to make comments and join the whole discussion.

"It does sound like a good idea," he added his opinion, "and replacing and then setting the replaces pieces again surely have a very nice symbolism. Parts of the floor might also be easier to get to than some other parts, and like Star said can we go and cover them afterwards." They might as well just have to pick parts of the floor that were less conspicuous or near some other part that might not draw as much attention.

As for the sympathy — he would leave that to Avis who actually knew more about these things, what with her being a Mastigos and Master in Space.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Sooo...shall we consider the motion passed?" Avis asked, stuffing her hands into her pockets. "I mean, majority agreed, right? I mean, this technically counts as a Brass Law, right?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

9. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Clearly she was the only one concerned with this whole stone thing. But she didn't feel like arguing her point, cause she was the only one with them. Which was fine, it meant she could and would spend more time at her loft. But whatever worked for everyone else.

There was simply a shrug from the Enchantress.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Oooh, look who turned into a legal eagle. Brass Law.

"Ummm. Sure. Okay, well. Hmmm. I guess we'll work on that? Like, measuring and, uh. Excavating. Then do it the next time we all pow-wow? Like, serious pow-wow."

Speaking of? Serious pow-wows are thirsty work. So he shot himself in the mouth. Tastes like plastic, yo.

"Okay..."

He stood.

"Things to do and people to see?"

Because Grammaton coats are hot. Global Warming is A Thing.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

3 Days to Wrap Up!
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Strix

PRE

While he didn't have any say in whether the cornerstone idea would be set into motion or not, Strix still nodded silently. This wasn't an Assembly, the Councilors had the final say about what would pass and what didn't.

And the Hierarch, he supposed, but there were still Councilors mostly in charge.

When Star got up, Strix waited for a moment before following suit, looking at the others to see if anything would keep them around for a bit longer. "What Star said," he gave as explanation for standing up, but still remained near his seat.

When they would officially be released from this Consilium meeting, however, Strix would bid his farewell to the others and take his leave like all the others.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread