Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1612) Formal 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"That is correct," Campanella affirmed what Strix said. "By design, it would not leave the premises. Strictly speaking, we were keeping our sights firmly on a simple construct to assist with cleaning and nothing more. Only once - or even if - we work out the more basic problems of spell work, crafting, resources and so forth would we even consider something as vulgar as a defensive automaton."

He spread his hands. "Consider the automata a path of inquiry and a goal. We may not achieve it but I am certain it will be a worthwhile investment of time. Something more productive than waiting for the Sanctuary to activate or wringing our hands worry about where the Enemy will or won't strike next."

And a smile. "But this would obviate the need to make a Chore Wheel... and the petty politics that come with it. Eventually." He almost made a joke there.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce places a hand over his brow and eyes, masking the blush he feels growing hot across his face. "It was a sports bra, I didn't realize what it was since it was torn fabric after her transformation. I kept it because it might have had sympathetic ties to the creature," explains Truce in his best effort at maintaining composure.

He's relieved as the subject turns to the automation. As he lifts his hand he catches Star's glance. Perhaps he knew what Truce had been considering, but it was a subtle matter, a conversation for later.

"Yes, since this is a project that would effect and benefit everyone. I don't suppose we could mask its appearance too in case it does get loose or someone does venture inside the Circle."

Avis's point is a valid one. Essentially 'why bother'? Campanella's answer seems to address the concern.

Truce adds, "This laborer may serve as an experiment for what we can accomplish. And perhaps one we could repurpose once we're able to for defending the Circle."

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Boo." Tuesday was not impressed with the werewolf with a sports bra. "That's just cliche. I'd be more impressed with pink and lacey." a werewolf lady keeping a pink and lacey bra intact. Impressive. Shredding a sports bra....less so.

Tuesday blinks. Then blinks again. "Damnit! I totally shoulda got that!" Because Fight Club. All the Signs were there. The outfit, the actual Fight Club..."I blame Star for putting Smallville in my head."

And then the Unicorn laughs. Because sure she wanted a Robo-maid, but didn't making something like that cost a bunch? And didn't the spells needed to be up kept and monitored and, and, and...."I'd be fine with a chore wheel." odds are, she'd never get shit chores. "Pettiness...sure. But a chore wheel says family." and not wasting magic on a Robo-maid.

Mustering a defense for the Circle on the other hand....hmmmm. That might be worth it.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The appearance of Avis was greeted with a wave. While the rest of the talk, well, kinda goes over her head. She gets the jest of what they want to do, but besides that, she has zero clue.

Though Avis raises a good point, if they really needed help with chores, why not either ask for help, or do that wheel thing? Seemed a better use of resources.

A hand was raised, "Well, I for one like Avis' idea. Not that a mechanical robot sweeping and washing windows doesn't sound cool, cause it does. It just seems like a waste of resources to me. If the Circle really needs people to chip in and help keep it clean and all that, then I volunteer to help."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

snrrrrrrk

"Are you sure?"
    A finger points at Avis. "I mean, I could shave my head and be..."

Really, it's all he can do to keep from jumping up and pointing and laughing. That's what you get, girl. For being a poopy head and dissing Grammatons.

The snicker devolves into full blown silent laughter.

Because, yeah. Golem Janitor... Just, yeah. Chore Wheel. And furry bras.

Moros, yo. Always going on about making stuff. It's either Enchanted this, Enhanced That, or Zombie Army. It'd be like Angels running around offering to Square Circles. Or Thyrsus running around as dogs.

...Or Acanthus making their fate jokes...

Blame Avis. Maybe the Fight Club ref's got someone ragging on The Establishment. The Monkeys.

"Well, whatever."
    He shrugs at the three Moros. "It's your glitter and static."

Roughly translated? If Truce does call in a chit, this guy isn't the one leading. Or holding. Or Relinquishing.

"Speaking of? Rits. Like, am I the only one Shielded and got the Goggles on? What's up with that? I mean, I'm not trying to be a jerk but, like, if people want to practice Rits... and protect stuff..."

Because nothing itches.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes Cayce, Vassagon, liked this post

Strix

PRE

Truce's explanation about the bra made his lips twitch in amusement. Meanwhile, Strix let the manifold of references that were being used just wash over him, not really sure he wanted to know what was going on between Avis, Star and Tuesday with their get up.

Glancing at the other Moros present, Strix shrugged.

Maybe they would need to look at their project another time or keep it up anyway. They might as well have another meeting between them to figure this out. While Wayland was away, it was not getting anywhere anyway.

"Well, it's a project in the making," he said, not really speaking for or against it for now, "but I don't mind if we want to go and install a chore wheel or something either until we see its final result." Someone needed to look after the Circle, after all, and until the project got anywhere done — or failed — these someone might as well be the mages currently resident in Sacramento.

Star's question about lack of magic within their pattern received another shrug from him.

"I didn't really think it necessary to come shielded and with sight to the Consilium." It was his reply, not really an excuse. Strix didn't really think he needed one.

Though, he supposed, he got a little careless; his Libertine mentor back in Indianapolis would probably show disapproval of ignoring basic things like that in some way or another. Probably by flinging something harmless at him and chiding him then that 'magic armor could have made the difference'. He should probably do something about it, if only to avoid having to cast these things when surprised.

If he could even go and cast spells in such a case.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well, for me it's a matter of sucking at Prime," Avis explained with a shrug. "If I walk around with spells up, and there's a Seer sipping coffee at his favorite corporate branded establishment down the block, amusing themselves with x-ray people watching, or whatever, they'd notice me. It's not like I can transform my aura, or cloak my shield, or whatever. At least...not yet. So it's more of defense by camouflage than anything else."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce usually does a casting every morning. But it had slipped his mind today, along with having breakfast. Perhaps he is becoming lax in reaction to the growing atmosphere of informality. And perhaps an atmosphere of formality is what usually keeps him on task. But now is not the time to start developing bad habits.

"I trust you all well enough that I doubt I need the Sight or Shield. But I'd forgotten to put them in place today,"
    Truce admits while shifting in his seat. "In any case, since there are no objections, let those who are capable and willing see to the laborer's construction. And in the meantime the rest of us will do our best to maintain our presence here."

He had hoped the conversation would inspire other joint projects between the remaining Magi. But their specialties were diverse. With Wayland they had a large enough presence of workers in Matter to take on a larger project, but few of them shared proficiencies in anything else.

13. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"I came without Shield or Sight as a show of trust. This is neutral ground." Campanella raised his hands. "But... I see your point. We are at war."

He paused, then dived in: "Speaking of the Circle, has anyone thought to providing further protections to the place? It is our sanctuary but it appears poorly defended. Has anyone thought of any magics to weave into the fabric of the building. For protection, of course?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

15. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday was about to smack her hand to her face - forgetting for the moment that she was holding a sparkly purple water pistol - when comes a flood of words comes forth to make their excuses.

"Yup. Ditto on the forgetting."

Except not really.

The Theater was home.

And Vee Tee made her feel safe.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

17. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread