Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1612) Formal 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"It's as Star says. A Criminal organization run by Sleepers. We exposed them to the Sleeper authorities and had the poor fortune of running into what one could only describe as a werewolf. Though their presence was more as a victim of happenstance than the source of the problem," Truce adds, filling in the blanks somewhat.

"But otherwise no agenda. We share news and discuss any matters that need our attention."

He doesn't seem bothered by the lack of robes or the presence of water pistols. Informality is the norm and he can no more enforce a dress code than insist on the authority of a Hierarch.

Truce looks to Campanella and Strix, welcoming the latter with a nod of greeting. "Now might be a good opportunity to propose that one matter our Path spoke on recently?" Truce suggests. "Or are our hands tied now because of Wayland's absence?"

Of course he meant the idea of creating an autonomous laborer to maintain the Circle.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

There was no 'pop' of displaced air when Avis entered the Circle of Creation again, just the squeak of a door hinge that needed some more oil. With Wayland gone, the Circle really wasn't getting the same attention that it needed.

Maybe they'd have to start using a chore wheel...

Well, she'd suggest it. Might as well, since this was supposed to be an official meeting.

"Hey, what's up, y'all?" Avis asked, strolling towards the other Magi.

Probably much to Star and Tuesday's chagrin, Avis wasn't wearing a floor sweeping black coat straight out of a martial arts/gun play movie. Her coat was red, leather, and was worn over a blue Hawaiian shirt.

"I know we talked about being grammatical clerics, but I already had this jacket, so I thought I'd dress up as a better movie, instead."

And yes, she knew it wasn't 'grammatical', but there was something kind of fun about the faces her cabal mates made when they were indignant.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes West, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Stix gets a threatening aim of the water pistol for his pun.

He's nodding at Tuesday's exclamation and totally not wiping himself off, but then Truce is elaborating.

"She threw her bra at Truce like it was Mardi Gras,"
    he added. Helpfully. "He kept it."

Because details.

Avis gets narrowed eyes that said she would pay for this transgression. It would be something subtle and pure evil. Like painting her bow hot pink. Or putting chili powder in pudding. Something, yo.

"Pretty sure Smallville was a TV show?"

Uh, huh. Grammatical that.

"So what'd you need Wayland for?"
    he asked, returning to the Cliffhanger that Truce had left... hanging.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella stirred.

"It is our intention to build an automata: a servitor to assist with the maintenance of the Circle and the first step in building something truly special: a guardian automata to defend this sanctuary from attack. I don't expect it to be easy. I don't expect it to happen over night. But it is our stated goal."

He looked to his fellow travellers on the Path of Doom before advancing, cautiously.

"I... Would welcome the assistance of anyone else who is interested. Otherwise, it is something that those on the Path of Doom will attempt alone."

He appeared to want to speak more, but then changed his mind and lapsed into silence.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She takes a seat and listens as other spoke. Faye didn't really have anything new or exciting to report about, so she remained quite and enjoyed her drink.

Whoa...wait a sec? Someone threw a bra at Truce? A curious eyebrow was raised at Star as she tried to figure out if he was being truthful or just giving Truce a hard time.

Now that was interesting. They wanted to build some sort of guardian to defend this place. Now that was gonna be cool. Though she doubted she could help in any way. Building stuff or having the knowledge of what went into was waay over her blonde head.

9. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"A bra? Was it pink? All I got in my head right now is a pink bra? Did it have lace?" Important info for visualization. "So that had to be before she was all wolfy." made sense, but there was this nagging question in the back of her mind. "Boobs. Wolf ones. Werewolf ones. Did she have any when she went wolfy or did she have teats?"

Hey. They were totally legit questions!

A squeaky door and then not so suddenly Avis!

...Who wasn't in theme.

Tuesday frowned. Then her cheeks puffed out as she little gee, glared at the warlock. No Cool. Definitely not cool. Vengeance would be had and it would be spectacular!

...and would totally have to do with pudding!

"Word." A nod. "Aunty needs to get her references right."

Yep. Tuesday just called Avis Aunty in public, but not just any Public but Consilium. Clearly the Unicorn was miffed.

"Robo-guards? Cool." like yeah. Maybe they could do Robo-maids. Since Squeaky door. "I can Luck y'all in the attempt. You know. For help. Since I'm great at the Lucking."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Strix

PRE

Strix didn't seemed particularly threatened by the water gun aimed at him, mostly just wondering about why Star was aiming at him at all.

Hearing about the Fight Club from Truce made it sound less exciting, he had somewhat pictured them fighting the werewolf — clearly, he he was influenced a little too much from Sleeper media in that regard. A snort escaped him at the mention of the bra, however, and he cast an amused look at the Hierarch. "Was she a stripper there, or why was she throwing her bra at you?" Intruiged parties needed to know.

Hopefully, someone was keeping a transcript of this Consilium. New members surely would love to know their Hierarch caught and kept the bra of some werewolf while investigating Sleeper Fight Clubs.

Avis' arrival mostly left Strix confused at her comment, clearly having no idea what she — or the other members of Veiled Threats, for that matter — was referencing.

"What he said," he nodded towards Campanella, filling in the blanks for the others, "Wayland wanted to build the frame for the automaton, with him currently out of town I imagine it might be slowing the project down some." He looked at the other Moros present, then at Tuesday with a smile. "Bending fortune in our favor would be helpful, though."

Strix had no problem with her helping, the Moros might have come up with the idea, but this was still something affecting the Circle as a whole so he figured everyone could pitch in as well.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

That's... a lot of questions about bras and werewolf anatomy.

A hint of a smile slipped out as he glanced over at Truce. All yours. Also? 'Aunty'. 'Aunty'.

"Automata? Huh. Tall order. Isn't it? I mean, the biggest thing with that kinda stuff is, you know. Finishing it. Unless someone's just gonna hold. Lotta static, though. I mean, what. Let's see. Construction. Control. Animation."

Lotta spells. Long fingers resisted the urge to twist at the quicksilver encircling a finger or glance at Avis'. Yeah. He knew a thing or two about that stuff. 'Course this involved Way-Way. Dude had been running around for years talking about making stuff. Thing is? Little harder to do than say. He did glance at Truce , though. A Deal is a Deal. Nobody's volunteering though. Secrets are Secrets, too.

Unless there's a Deal chit called in.

"And, uh. Obviously. Appearance. Or keeping it locked up. Like, you know. Secrecy."

Because Guardian.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix glanced between Campanella and Truce, then gave a shrug.

"It probably is, but nothing ventured nothing gained," he said, considering what other ideas had come up — which he was not going to mention, because no one ever needed to know about any zombie army. There was none, so nothing to talk about.

Some things were not worth being repeated to anyone, really.

Strix could understand Star's worry about the construct's appearance though. "My understanding was that the construct was just going to be cleaning up within the Circle and not leave it." Once the idea with the guardian construct became a possibility, there would be even more things to consider. It was, liek Star said, a tall order.

If nothing else, it would be a fun project to work on for people to work together. And the like.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Ok, for one," Avis objected, a finger raising like a spear point, "I would never waste my goddamn life watching that bullshit superman jerk off garbage. Secondly, I can't believe you don't recognize this. I'm a Space Monkey. Hello? I'm not your fucking khaki's?

"Jesus,"
    she groused, rolling her eyes. "And I thought I could skip the red sun glasses. Well, whatever. Regardless, I'm more concerned about this idea of making a Supernal Janitor. I mean, really? Are we that goddamn afraid of chores? Well, there's this other mysterious and rare artifact that I've heard of that we could use. The ancients used it in eons long ago to help guide them all custodial needs. They call it...the Chore wheel," she explained, fanning her hands out like a magician revealing their latest illusion.

What could she say. After a couple of years, you might pick up a few habits.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

16. Likes , West liked this post
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread