Ended
Watch

(1611) Bea, Victoria, Vivian

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Having heard the clan name ring in her hear, Vivian's ears were attuned to another that joined them. Jesse , the young man who seemed like he could be a lady killer was speaking with the newcomer. Her eyes looked to Victoria Stamford , wondering if their Beasts mirrored each other... maybe they could each take one. Victoria was the Seneschal, she could let that slide.

Still, not worth the risk, but so lovely to think about.

"Of course you aren't interrupting. As Lady Stamford said, we were just rubbing shoulders about fashion and making statements with our bodies."

Close enough.

"But if you seek Acknowledgment, this woman can certainly help you. Did I hear someone mention Daeva...?" Smiling in a friendly manner to Bea

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Well, it would be rude not to return such a welcoming smile. Especially not when coming from a woman that might have lived for over a century.

"I'm glad to hear that I'm not being a pest," Bea replied, extending another set of white business cards, the first to the Seneschal, the second to Vivian. The face side displayed a simply, black, capitol B, the back displaying only a phone number.

"As the card says, I go by Bea," she explained. "And yes, I am looking to be acknowledged as a new, or propsective citizen of the Domain, and yes, the clan Daeva was mentioned. For the sake of disclosure: that is the clan I belong to. A shame that there doesn't seem to be someone representing us. Unless I was misinformed, of course."

Those last few sentences where directed to Vivian, the younger Daeva's eyes studying the elder clan member for a long moment before looking back to the Seneschal. It wouldn't do to take her eyes off of the largest threat, but it would be equally dangerous to turn her attention away from family.

It was all very basic survival at this point. Yet there was a small thrill to that. A hint of urgency that lurked beneath every pleasant little word or innocent gesture. It was something Bea would have to savor. Things would grow quiet assuming she played her roll well tonight.
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria took the offered card and glanced at it and the number. It certainly was a rather eccentric behavior for kindred. Handing out business cards was something that one might do at a business convention or meeting. After a moment she held up the card between two fingers and her servant snatched the card away and put it in his inner suit pocket.

The mention of the fact that she was Daeva was unexpected, she was honestly too plain to be a daeva. So she must have a personality to make up for it or perhaps she was a pity embrace after a failed feeding. Either way she didn't fit the usual mold and time would tell.

"Ah yes. Clan Daeva is undergoing...restructuring. I'm afraid that Her Grace Twist had other duties to attend to so the clan is rather intimate in size with your addition, but I'm sure that's not a problem for a daeva,"
    she said with a slightly amused smile. Her jest was delivered in a slightly playful manner and not an insulting one.

"Did anything in particular draw you to the city and do you have any kindred political affiliations?"
    she inquired conversationally. Most kindred would understand her question without the additional word, but it certainly can't hurt to be precise in questioning to avoid confusion.

4. Likes Cayce, West liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Intimate isn't a problem," Bea agreed, though there was absolutely nothing lascivious or teasing in her words. They were flat, and dry. Matter of fact. Yet, of course, there was a purpose for that. Establishing the tone she wanted for her answer to the next questions.

"That's actually what interested be about Sacramento: the size of it's population. Suffice it to say that the opportunity to get in on the ground floor is very rare for a city like this, and that's not an opportunity I wanted to miss. In fifty years, or a hundred, who knows what the benefits will be."

And there, with that last sentence, an edge of humor crept forth.

"As for politics, I haven't really had a chance to meet any of the domain's residents. I'm afraid I can't say I have any particular leaning until I get to know more of the Kindred in the city."

6. Likes West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

"Yes, Her Grace, Alder Twist had things to attend to for a while. So I am the Priscus of Succubi now." She spoke without a question in her voice. Vivian was quite fond of Twist and hoped for her return sooner than later.

The irony of Bea's statement didn't pass her. Vivian had only been in the city about two years, maybe slightly more, yet, there were hardly any who seemed to withstand the test of time here. She'd stayed in Toronto only about thirty years, perhaps longer but often there was a need to move on. "Well, as wonderful as 100 years sounds, there are risks involved in that duration. Some find ways to overcome such issues, doable, but not always."

Lifting a gloved hand with a quick raised finger. "Ah, but with a smaller population and more intimate setting, it gives us all a chance to know others better." Much better than normal, but it could be dreadful for newcomers. She would try to take into account her first time in Sacramento, or any new Domain while appraising those who sought entrance.

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Ah, well, I'm pleased to hear that I was misinformed," Bea offered to Vivian, having no wish to appear covetous of the position. And not just for the sake of a smooth transition into the Domain. Truthfully, Bea didn't want that particular job. At least, not until she explored several other options...

"I'm glad that I'm able to meet my Priscus now," she continued, her left hand rising briefly to indicate Vivian.

"I've heard it said that ties of blood are more binding among Kindred than almost anything else. Which is a powerful statement, considering that we're all essentially adopted into this world of ours. More than death separates us from those we used to know as family, but at the same time, we suddenly find ourselves with a new family. Do you think that's why it's so important for our people? Because it's the first lifeline we caught hold of once we awoke with a thirst we'd never felt before? Or is that just sentimentality?"

9. Likes West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

"No bother at all." She said as a forgiving nod followed her words.

And in speaking of words, those that came from the lips of her new clan member seemed to be similar to that of a scholarly Mekhet. "It really all depends on the size of the Domain and families within. I've experienced squabbles within Clans, some that have waged family wars, but not many from ours. I think it is very important to be a part of the new family, or at least try to be in each Domain." It was something she did think about often. There were times she missed her Family in Toronto and even Essex, but, no reason to dwell on what was or could have been.

"Lady Stamford, have you seen or experienced such a thing with the Ventrue?"
    Her vivacious conversation partner had to have seen a thing or two in her travels much like herself.

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Well," Bea said softly, breaking the silence that Stamford had left, "I can assure you that I would never try to fight with you."

As if she'd say anything else. And, obviously, Vivian knew that.

"I like to think of myself as a problem solver,"
    the younger daeva added. "I'm much more interested in proving my worth that way than by trying ineffectually to pick fights. From everything I've heard, the domain might be small, but it's not filled with the sort of perpetual mess that you'd find elsewhere. I'm sure that no doubt due to Kindred like you, Priscus York. I aim to prove that I'm the same way. Will you allow me the chance? I'm happy to satisfy any curiosity you have so you're comfortable if you decide to grant acknowledgement."

V
    Vivian York

"I do hope so." Vivian smiled peacefully.

"Problem solvers are of course necessary in every Domain. I think you may do splendidly around here."

"Yes, I will allow you the chance. I'm going produce the Laws of our Domain." Vivian removes them from her handbag, and would promptly return them to their rightful place before leaving.

"Now, please, take note of two things." Her gloved hand pointed to two different items on the list.

QuoteQuote:
    Etiquette
    Kindred shall show their Respect by appearing at Court. Failure to appear to an announced Court will result in the revocation of Acknowledged status.
    "And this in-particular..." Pointing to the other item.

QuoteQuote:
    Inconcessus
    The Prince has forbidden the Feeding upon, Ghouling, Killing, or otherwise Interfering with the following Kine of the Domain:

Law Enforcement
    Firefighters
    Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs)
    All Hospital Employees
    "All in all, show up to Formal Courts and please, as you are of the Daeva family, try to dress according to whatever theme is chosen for the evening when it is announced."

Vivian awaited to see if Bea had any questions.

So is Yog-Sothoth Victoria Stamford still in the hizzous? I'm going to Ack Bea because I'm not sure where he is

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Bea studied the laws carefully, nodding along as Vivian explained her expectations.

"Well, I have to admit," the younger Daeva said, looking up from the definitions of criminality, "that I tend to prefer a sort of uniform, but I suppose it doesn't kill anyone to change things up every now and again. Thankfully, it won't be hard to find things to fit into since no one is allowed to eat bacon."

Like almost everything else Bea had said, the words were as dry as tinder ready to be burnt.

No questions

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.