Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(The Heist) Wild Cards

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Strix

PRE

"Ah, I see." He really didn't, not sure in what way Faye finding herself here was more interesting than — actually, the envelope on his mirror wasn't so much interesting as it had been confusing. Strix was not sure he could have dealt with interesting so early in the morning.

Before he could go and inquire about it, though, Star opened the door and ushered them inside. Some would probably think his quick denial about being involved in any way suspicious, Strix merely shrugged it off as possibly having been accused of something before. Especially with what Fisher said, which made him first greet the Veiled Threat members, then ask, "They? Who are they? But...yes, whoever they are they got to me too, at least."

Strix took a sip from his coffee, then put it down to reach into his jacket and pull out the envelope when it was his turn of show and tell. "I can't offer any Colonel Mustard, but I got a brochure for the Gutenberg Gallery, a card with your name on it," he looked at Star, showing the Joker card after pulling the brochure out, "and also a photo of some red-haired woman." Finally, he pulled out the the wallet-sized headshot to show to the others. "I don't think I know her, but maybe someone else here does?"

While aimed at all present, it was mostly aimed at Star since it was obvious that this was related to him. Somehow.

Previous denial notwithstanding.

Of course, it being related to Star didn't mean he would know any more about it than they did.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"So it's an art gallery... with live music. Sometimes."

He looked up from his phone.

"Wait, I like, apologized and offered everyone drinks, right? Okay. Just checking. Sorry." He glanced at Tuesday. Because Baby. "Maybe, uh. Maybe we'll spray paint this radio thing hot pink once we get it. Just to, you know. Show our collective appreciation. Wait, what? Tickets? Is there a date on them? I dunno why. And who said anything about, uh. Thievery."

Questions and answered blended together in distracted words. He swayed, gave up, and started shuffling that was totally not pacing. It's Business Time.

"Okay. Yeah. Probably thievery. Uh, let's see." How many tickets are there...? A finger ticked off each person. "This is what I'm thinking. Let's go case the joint. Fish, Faye, Strix, walk the premises. Uh, you two," Faye and Strix, "Couple up and do a latte walk. Security, walls, for Strix. Traffic patterns and signals for Faye. Fisher. Go buy a bicycle, cap, and messenger bag. Ride a wider circuit, make sure you check out surrounding buildings, and maaaaaybe. Maybe. You're gonna," air quotes, "'Wreck', into a door or window."

"You," that's Tuesday, "And me, we're going inside. See if you can Fate-peep whatever this radio thing is. See if we can work the live music angle for a better look. Then we'll all meet up and see what we've got. Maybe swap out and Mr. and Mrs., uh, Straye? Fax? Can do an inside look-see. If it's closed right now, we'll all do the outside walk. Maybe check it out later tonight. Big thing is, we gotta get a solid eye dee on this radio. Thing."

He looked around. Blinked.

"Uh. If that's cool. With you all. If you, uh. Want to help."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Acheron, , Yog-Sothoth, Cayce liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher looked around interested as people spoke and the wrath of the unicorn simmered down to controllable levels. The fact that she got this angry was a little surprising to Fisher, because personal possessions to the thyrsus had never really been that important to her, people were. However, when she thought about it from Tuesday's perspective it helped remind her of the unseen world around her and she resolved to pay more attention in the future.

"This is quite the eclectic mix of people to tap for a job," she said absentmindedly.

She wondered how many people were watching her when she wasn't looking just because of who she associates with. It was all kind of disturbing and violating in a way.

"Well I say after this job, we track down who placed the cards and Tee Pee their yard or egg their house or car as payback for violating my privacy,"
    she said with rising interest.

When Star presented his plan Fisher was impressed with the detail and swiftness with which he came up with it. She excitedly listened to everyone's part and when he got to her role she was noticeably crestfallen, if she had ears and a tail they would be drooping and limp.

"Oh. Okay," she said attempting to be a little enthusiastic, but casing the block on a bike and turning herself into a projectile didn't sound like fun. No actually the projectile thing did start to sound a little fun, but painful.

"I can do that. But if the windows are barred I'm not going to crash into them, I'm not that suicidal. If the doors and windows are too secure I'll think of something to try and test security," she said with a nod.

5. Likes , Cayce liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Looking at Faye, Tuesday just shakes her head, "It's nothing." even if it still sounded like something.

"He's the only the Last Starfighter you know. Technically." Since Star was an abbreviation. Or a nickname. Meh. One of the two.

Did Strix get more Mysterious Things because they could stuff her Baby full of 'em?

Tuesday nods at Fisher's absent comment.

"Oh em gee...yes! That's it. That's the Plan! Totally gonna happen!" see, and this is way cabal-mates were awesome.

"You did. Well. Me. But you. When you said get a radio from a place instead of buying one." Words man. It's always about the words. "Also. Plan. Awesome. That's what it sounds like." See this was Tuesday trying to get over the notion that one of Star's friends molested her Baby. "And yeah. I'm up to Fate peepin'."

"Awwws...Fisher, I'm sure the next Ocean's Eleven shenanigans stuff we're gonna get up to you're gonna get a better part." Tuesday says, reaching over to pat the mustelid on the shoulder.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix listened attentively to Star laying out The Plan, having no problem letting him run the show. He picked up his coffee again when offers of drinks were mentioned, declining it wordlessly as he was quite happy with what he got right now.

"Ah, no, it's fine with me. I'll help," he said with a slight shrug. Never too early or late to commit any crime, especially since he imagined that getting this radio was probably for a very good reason, otherwise 'they' wouldn't have thought it necessary to gather this little group.

More or less. Faye seemed to have found her way here by Fate.

"That we are," Strix chuckled at Fisher's wayward comment, giving a small shrug, "maybe 'they' randomly pulled names from a hat." Again, this didn't explain Faye, but he doubted thinking about it all that much would give him any answers. He also doubted they would actually ever come face to face with anyone responsible for this, so Fisher's plan for revenge probably wouldn't see any fruition either.

Strix would just prefer to find these things next to the coffee machine to keep confusion to a minimum, otherwise he didn't so much feel violated. Weird that they got in without any problem or alarm...

Either way, Strix nodded again, taking a sip from his coffee. "But, yeah. I'm up for the plan. Security, walls, I'll check them out during the walk."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye glances down at the tickets, “Well, they are for an auction.” There was a shrug. “Is this radio thing on auction or something? And why are we trying to get the radio?” cause it’s a radio. “Is it special or something? And if this radio is part of the auction, then people are going to maybe be paying attention to it.” she wanted to know what she would be agreeing to.

Her eyes narrow as she listens to Star delegating orders. “Uh, I’m all for helping and all that. But I’ve never actually, liked, noticed or really paid attention to traffic patterns or anything. I’m not an idiot or something, but what should I be looking for exactly? Are you guys planning to grab the radio and then like make a quick exit or something?” she’d seen movies, and that would seem a bit extreme for a radio. “Oh, and I have a bike Fisher can use, it was a gift from a couple years back.” She offered.

“And once we get everything figured out, I have some Time tricks that might help.” She wanted to actually DO something if she was going to help. “Cause I don’t just want to be a pretty face who doesn’t get to throw some magic around if we need it.” And she wasn’t budging on that one.

10. Likes , Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Dunno why. Guardian thing."

The answer's half distracted as he fished his deck of cards out. Was he going to elaborate? No. Not because he was a jerk, but because that was all he had. Orders, yo. They're like that.

"I mean, at least we know what. There was this time, at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center... wait, that's not important. So, okay."
    He started chopping the cards and studying Fisher. "You're bummed, I get it. You can stop with the, uh, mustelid eyes. Tell you what. I'll swap with you, if you can tell a solid lie. Ready? What do you do for a living? One, two, three, go."

"Also. Yes. Totally Time magic, did they ever make a better do-over Arcana? Plus plus I've seen some Chronomancers with faster hands than mine and all kidding and modesty aside, that's pretty magical. As for patterns? Count the intervals between lights at the intersections. See which ones are busy and which aren't. Because we're going to have to get out. But. You are staying outside on this one because you are, uh, noticeable." Greenish eyes shifted from Faye all around. "And that's for everyone. This is recon. Maybe we're gonna jack this before this auction, because apparently it's an auction, or during it. Which means you need to, you know. Not look just like the person snooping around the day or two before. Hats, sunglasses, dyed hair, clothes you'd never normally wear, a cane, doesn't matter just change it up."

Got it? Good.

"So. If this is an auction item, smart money says we're not going to get to eyeball it right now. But we can still case the place and see if we can get a picture of it. We might be making a replica to swap out, or just use a Phantasm. Either way, auction houses usually do previews or have catalogs. We cool? Any questions? I'm thinking [time]."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Orianna, Cayce, liked this post

Strix

PRE

'Guardian thing' shouldn't be an acceptable reply, but it was probably best if whatever the radio could do did not end up auctioned off to some Sleeper who might end up summoning Cthulhu by listening to music or — what might be even worse — any Seer that might hear of the item.

When Star offered to switch with Fisher's assigned duty, Strix gave her a thumb up and mouthed 'I believe in you' in way of encouragement to come up with a believable lie.

"Got it, going incognito," he nodded, "and [time] would work for me." He looked down at himself, then gave a thoughtful noise what he was going to wear. Since most of his clothing were on the more casual side, he could go and dress up like they were going for a Consilium meeting. Business like.

But since this was going to be a team effort with Faye, they should actually look like they could fit together in whatever way. Couple. Business partners. Annoying hipsters handing out fliers about poet night. Alright, the latter might be drawing a little bit too much attention. "Doing recon is important as well," Strix commented towards Faye, "I'm sure there'll be a chance to take a more active role during the next stage. Whatever it'll be. Until then...should we be going and coordinate our...uh, disguises?"

He didn't really think he had any questions, his part was straight-forward enough. Checking out the walls, checking out what security he could see from the outside. He figured he might also look around if there were any cameras that might catch the gallery from one angle or another, just to be throughout.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Clicking her tongue Tuesday tied to focus on the words spring forth from the lips of those around her.

She sorta felt fuzzy. Jolty. But that might be residual anger.

"Fisher could be my mute friend. I can lie. Like really well. Ask Strix about stupid sidekicks and old bitchy murdered ladies."

Nodding along to Star's babble. Tuesday was feeling her fuzzy, jolty anger slipping away. A heist was always an awesome way to distract the Unicorn from horrible people molesting her Baby.

"Now I'm wishin' I payed more attention during my Time lessons. Cause yeah. Wish I could do over. Plus Chronomancer. Awesome."

More nods from the Unicorn. "I should get a wig. Since." a finger points at the growing stubble on one side of her head. "I'm good with [time] too. Sounds good to me. But yeah wig first. Or maybe two wigs would be better....?

At Strix's stumbling question to try and match his recon-date had Tuesday giggle a little. Did owl-boy like Faye. Or was it a oh em gee gorgeous blond crush thingy? Either way, the shenanigans had, would totally being in some laughs.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

15. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She almost spoke up about him wanting Fisher to tell a lie. She was raised to lie, that was her game and her bread and butter. But this wasn’t about her skills right now. So she looks to Fisher, wondering what she could come up with. Everyone can lie, it just varies how well the lies are. But Star? He was a charmer and a talker, he had this.

As he explains what she was looking for, she nods. “Ah, ok, got ya.” And then he reminded her why she wasn’t going in. Between her looks and Fame, she’d be noticed. “Oh, yeah, totally get that. I just want to be able to add something to help aside from looking at traffic lights.”
    Change it up? She could do that, she was a performer after all.

“Changing it up won’t be a problem.” But dyed pink or purple hair wasn’t going to work. She’s going to have to go with a more…natural color.

“I can be ready to go within an hour or less. I have a disguise in mind so it won’t take long, will just have to pick up some hair dye.”

Looking to Strix, “Gonna say no on coordinating. Ever see those cutesy couples in public that match? Yeah, everyone notices them. So I say we go casual, like jeans and tank top casual. Just to kinda blend in with the crowd. Maybe we use brochure’s of the city, so we can look like tourist when we look at the lights and whatnot. Have a fanny pack?” hey…going to be tourist, they had to commit.

A curious look was offered to Tuesday, “Stupid sidekicks and bitchy murdered ladies? Obvious there is a story there that I want to hear at some point.” She adds with a smirk.

“As far as learning to pull off a do over, I’m sure I could teach it to you. We can work something out.” A wink was added. Cause Enchantress’s were gonna stick together and help the other learn cool shit.

17. Likes West, Cayce, liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread