Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1611) Sanctuary 3

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

For an awkward moment the pulse remains at his jaw.

He does not take a pumpkin bar.

Instead, the Moros turns to Faye as she arrived.

"Well hello there," his face creaks into something softer, flushed at the recollection of a pleasant evening. He forces a chuckle. "I never said there was anything wrong with where someone draws their Shadow Name from, just that we don't all have to. Anyway... It is good to see you."

At which point the Moros was stuck, wishing to talk but unable to find the right words. For some reason, the idea that the other Awakened might read into his words something scandalous, simply popped into his head and stayed there.

Taking his eyes off the riveting Acanthus, he tried to focus on Truce's suggested theme.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

A grin and long finger pointed at Fisher.

See? That's a caballero. Knew there was a reason for a mustelid. It's important. Having the same values. He nodded and took the profferred can from Faye with an appreciative nod for her defense and carefully tipped it over above his mouth. No mouth contact. Because backwash is gross. Okay, because Sympathy's a thing, too, but Faye probably isn't like that. Probably. Truce gets a soft laugh and shrug. Moral atavism? Just words that sounded good together, yo.

Also? Three for three.

"Or eggs."
    With proper eye protection. Or Shields. "Paint, though..."

Eyebrows bobbed at Tuesday before turning a smirk on Campanella. It's all good. And nobody blames him. For, you know. Getting distracted by those crazy stems that led to a leather martini... Okay, enough of that.

"So."
    The can was returned and a finger bobbed, counting. "Who's getting the balloons? I think we got, what, three on three? If everyone's in."

Because Veiled Threats Versus.

"Strix? Can you jimmy up some slings?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes , Orianna liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce looks between Star and Tuesday nervously. "Are we really doing this? I think it's a bit chilly for water, but paint and the proper protection... It could be fun, I suppose. Something water soluble so we don't stain the courtyard. If we delay this for a later date, maybe we could pick up some obstacles to fill the courtyard and rent some paintguns too?"

He could pick up goggles and jumpsuits and obstacles could easily be acquired from a scrap yard, he imagines.

"Or I could just run and grab some paint and balloons real quick while you set up the slingshots. And Home Depot probably has some disposable coveralls," he suggests helpfully. Rather than be a spoilsport, Truce doesn't see the harm in a little recreation. Might even make for a nice bonding experience between Cabals. Though Truce would most likely be a moving target than a participant.

6. Likes liked this post

Strix

PRE

"I've seen you tell far a more believable story," Strix snorted at Tuesday's attempt to hoard the bars all to herself. If she hadn't agreed with him before, it might have been easier to swallow — like this, he simply finished his bar off with a grin. That the people on the Titanic had believed her when she had spun the story about the sidekick killing the crone might also have had a lot to do with just how gullible people might have been back then.

Strix laughed softly. "I'm sure nothing will be turning a lot of heads. Well, I'll just have to let chance decide if I'm in the shirt-in-crowd for the day or not."

Watching Campanella stumble over his words when greeting Faye was interesting to watch. Understandable, though. He did have eyes.

Eyes that wandered over to Star when his name was mentioned. "Hm? Slingshots," he looked a little lost, then the rest of the conversation came back to him. He had been paying attention only half-way through and got a little sidetracked. "Oh, I can go and look outside for branches that could work as base for the frame."

There were trees outside after all, chances were good that he could find a few there. If they were thick enough and had that particular Y shape, they would do well enough.

"We'd need something to make the pouch and something to tie the tubes to the frame. Dental floss might work for the latter. A trip to Home Depot would probably get us all we need, though." He nodded at Truce suggesting it.

A little delay and they'd probably have all they needed together. In which case, they might as well just go and purchase slingshots, too, and get their war on.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella sighed.

"Yes. A trip to Home Depot for supplies if you are really intent on... this." The D.C consilium had never done this. But that, the Moros reflected, was on the East Coast. Evidently they did things differently here, he reminded himself. "You will most definitely need coveralls. Unless, you know, we starting playing with Arcanum here."

9. Likes , Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A wide grin was offered to Tuesday, “Hey!” she greets.

A suspicious eyebrow was raised as Tuesday suddenly decides the yummy pumpkin bars were icky. Her eyes then narrow as she holds her own bar closer to her chest, “No way, this is mine. You’ll just have to get more, cause bringing yummy treats and then trying to take them back is not ok.” And to show she was being playful, she stuck her tongue out at her fellow Enchantress.

And then the water balloons turn into paint balloons and she snickers, “Well, guess it’s a good thing I always have a change of clothes in my car.” She’d be down for paint, or water, both sounded like fun.

The grin then turns to Campanella with a light laugh, “It’s all good.” And it was, though t could have gotten out of hand, and she wasn’t down for any drama. Too early and not enough caffeine in her. The grin softens, “Good to see you too! How’ve you been?” if anyone read anything as scandalous, Faye obviously didn’t care.

She’d never seen someone drink Monster above their mouth, but hell, whatever worked for him.
    “Or, we could do both paint and water, but mix up the balloons! So you don’t know which one you’re shooting or gonna get hit with.” Shake things up a bit.

Laughing, “Not too cold yet Truce! The weather is beautiful, so why not?” it would be an interesting change to the usual all business type meetings. “Though paintball guns sound like fun too!” urgh…too many choices…can’t they just have them all?

“I have my car if there’s a trip to Home Depot.” She offers, not know who had cars or whatever.

She catches the sigh and laughs, “Aw, come on, it’ll be fun!” she says with an evil grin and a twinkle in her eyes. “We can’t always be about business, a little fun never hurt anyone.” She knew he could let loose, and now she was going to be determined to see him have fun. “And plus, on my team, you can’t lose.”

11. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Wellllllll..."

Truce doesn't sound thrilled about it. Camper... should have a been a Guardian.

"How's this. Because,"
    he looked at a bare wrist, nope, no watch, "I was just popping in and haven't got, like, a super lot of time. Sooooooo if people want to, we can totally do it in a few days. With, uh. Coveralls. And, like, I was totally thinking of... bigger." To Strix. "Bigger slingshots. Like two people could each hold an end. One person pulls slash aims. So then really we just need... a pouch. Or something. Something the balloon goes in."

Maybe pies. Pie throwing.

"Not gonna lie? I tried paintball. Ouch. Ouch. Not really sure if I'm down for that. They can leave scars, too. Paintballs? If you get hit close. They totally look like ringworm. The scars."

Scars are bad for disguises, yo. True story. Unless your disguise is a ringworm patient.

"Anyway? What's new? Let's throw some gossip around in stead. Faye? How's Team Moros plus Faye ay kay ay Temoins du Sud? Cam-puh-nell-luh, what's your sitch? Flying solo? Where's Brer Rat?"

He flopped down on the grass beside his caballies, and shifted the pack under his head for a make-shift pillow. Because, really, a big roll of rubber tubing makes a fabulous pillow.

"Come on. Gossips. Give."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella let a wry smile curl his lips as Faye spoke. His features went blank with Star completely shifted the conversation.

"Well. Yes. I would find it interesting to join you if we postpone for a couple of days. Having much larger sling shots puts a very... unique... spin on things. We could even try different liquids and things to make the... shots... vary in their weight. To give things an extra twist..."

Shaking his head slightly he puts aside his thoughts. Getting into the swing of things when the moment had passed. As usual.

"I had only stopped by to touch base if anyone was around." And take a look at the area earmarked for the Mysterium. He wanted to get to work on the Athenaeum. "I am still a Solitary. I had hopes that between myself and Brother Rat we might be able to lay the groundwork for a Cabal. He is absent, so I had to let the idea drop. I have no plans for the moment." He shrugged. "And I have received no invitations or offers of fellowship either."

There, at last, he articulated his thoughts on the matter.

"Am I able to establish my own Sanctum as a Solitary?" He may as well get the question out in the open now.

15. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Fine! Fine! They're delicious and wonderful and I wish they were all mine!" she says with a laugh.

"I'm with Star - paintballs hurt!" Tuesday nods, she'd gotten welts and worse from them.

Now that Fisher and Star joined Tuesday on the ground, she let her form slump and returned to her napping pose. Not that she was gonna nap with all the mages about, and you know staring at her. But Meh. Today felt like a lazy one.

"It's a date. For whenever we get all the things! And when all y'all make some time." Tuesday says waving a hand in the air. Certain that only her and Faye would be fine with dropping everything just to waste a day pelting each other in paint.

"Ooooooh~! Yep. Gives the gossip!" There's a bright grin on Tuesday's face, as her hazels focus on Faye.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

17. Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

"Ah, that type of slingshot." Strix nodded in understanding, though that sounded more like they were playing mobile catapults. Still, that was really only a matter of getting something to transmute into something a little sturdier, like leather, and binding the tubes securely onto it so it wouldn't snap off when being pulled back or something.

When it sounded like it might happen on another day, though, Strix shrugged and accepted it easily. Wouldn't hurt to actually come prepared for these things. "Sounds good to me as well," he said, intending to turn up should he be available on whatever day that duel would take place. This could turn out to be quite a bit of fun, they had enough serious things to deal with when the portal opened.

"I'm more for the slings myself." Strix threw his own opinion into the matter. He didn't outright mind paintball, but not everyone probably knew how to actually shot use the thing without shooting out their own eyes.

Strix leaned against the wall of the courtyard, intending to listen to what gossip was to be shared for now. He didn't have any himself.

Campanella's comments made him glance towards Faye and Truce, though he go distracted by the question enough that his brows furrowed.

"I don't think there are restrictions about people having Sanctums on their own here, are there?" There hadn't really been any problems around while he had had a private sanctum before moving resources to the Temoins du Sud's instead. Still, he did look between the councilors present, curious to hear whether there were restrictions about these things or not.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread