Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Enchanting Path of Two

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye had reached out to Tuesday to setup a time for them to get together. And wanting them to be able to talk openly, she figured the loft was a good place. Remembering that she mentioned she didn’t drink, Faye had made tea and coffee, and had juice, soda and water to offer as well. She also made some popcorn and had a larger bowl filled with various sized Halloween candy, cause who doesn’t like chocolate?!

Being a Path of two, so she hoped Tuesday was as easy to get along with as she appeared to be. It would just suck and be awkward if they didn’t.

The apartment is more of an open floor loft, walls bare red brick and floor a darker wood. It was clearly a loft that was done by hand. The living room area had oversized couches covered by a beige fabric with brightly colored pillows and wooden crates and boxes made up tables and shelves. Soft white LED lights were strung around the room in various places. Her fav part of the loft? Her bed. Which was full of fabric, with a rigged canopy system, also full of flowing fabric and soft white lights mixed in with the hanging fabric. Near a window was a ballet bar with colored mats beneath it. There was also a hula-hoop with five prongs that stuck out on it, as well as a sword, plus some odd looking wired fan thing.

When Tuesday gets there, Faye will buzz her up, greeting her at the door, friendly smile on her face.

“Hey! Thanks for agreeing to get together, please, come in.” she will then step aside to let Tuesday enter. “Um, I have tea, coffee, soda, water, can I get you something?” there was alcohol in the room, cause Faye enjoyed a beer or Absinthe after training. She was dressed casually in a tan t-shirt and dark jeans, her hair was pin straight and hanging lose.
    Saber Sloth Tuesday

2. Likes Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Once the Unicorn's buzzed in, and finally ganders upon her fellow Enchantress' loft, she gawks. It's an awkward motion, where her hands are in the back pockets of her dark-wash, well-worn jeans.

Staring opening at the space, she gives an impressed whistle, "Faancy"

Fayes voice brings Tuesday out of her shameless gawking, "Yeah. No prob. High time us thistle gals get to know each other. And yeah. Soda's fine. I like me some carbonated beverage." Lips up turn into an easy grin, as she tugs up the sleeves to her sweater

"So," Tuesday starts, after finding a spot to plop her ass that wasn't the fabric laden bed, because would totally send the wrong message, "'Sup?" Queen of Icebreakers, this Unicorn was.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Orianna, Cerberus, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye grins, “Oh, I don’t think I would call it fancy, but a lot of hard work and love went into it. But thank you!” She says as she gets a soda from the fridge and then grabs a glass should Tuesday want it. “If I can bring myself to do it, I’d been thinking of stepping back from the performing field and focusing on refurbishing furniture instead. But, it’s a hard life to give up.” She shrugs as she fills a cup with coffee before setting the drinks on the coffee table and sitting as well.

“Oh, I completely agree! With just two of us, we’re a small Path.” Well, that was pretty obvious Faye, she thinks. “Anyways, I just wanted to get to know you and all that, and things finally aligned so we could talk.” She picks up her coffee and takes a sip.

“How are you liking Sacramento? Is it different then where you’re originally from?” her long legs curl under herself as she turns her body to face Tuesday, genuine interest in her tone. “And I try to be an open book, so feel free to ask me anything you want.” She says with a lopsided grin. Faye was trying, she had never been a Concilior before, so this was new terrority.

6. Likes West, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"I totes get it. The preforming thing is in our blood. It's hard for us to give that up. So yeah I get it. Refurbishing furniture sounds interesting." hazels cast around the room, "Anything in here you've brought back to life?"

Taking a sip of her carbonated beverage Tuesday nods, "Yeah. Weird. But also not. Acanthi sorta drift where we're needed. Or where Fate needs us." Setting her drink back on the table, "Yeah it's nice to get to know other peeps. And the only pathie I got in town. Always nice to make new friends." and didn't that sounds like the most generic pleasantry ever.

"It's another city. Small as fuck mage pop. But another city I need to learn the rhythms of. I've been wondering for years now." Tuesday says in explanation, even as she starts to smirk, "I come and go as Fate needs."

As Faye tucks her legs under her, Tuesday grabs at her drink once more, holding it in her hand for a moment before she takes another sip.

"Anything?" a teasing tone match the laughter in her hazels, "Let's start out slow. Fav color?"

8. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod of her head, “Exactly! So awesome when someone gets it. It’s especially hard for me cause it’s the only life I’ve known. Maybe I can find a way to do both?” she says with some thought. “Oh, um, well, these sofas were brought back to life with some fabric covers…the dressers were defiantly brought back to life! Lots of stripping the old color and adding new color along with stencils and new handles. You’d be surprised how cheap it is to make something look new.” There was a strong hint of passion behind her words. “I’m no professional, but I find it relaxing and it helps save money you know?” she adds with a smile.

A sip was carefully taken of her coffee as she nods her head, “I used to draw upon my tarot cards to tell me which direction to take. Well, when I didn’t have a scheduled performance somewhere. It’s nice to talk with someone who gets the nomadic lifestyle. I mean, others try and understand, but until you live it, it’s hard to get.” Maybe her and Tuesday were more alike than they knew. “Yeah, and to be honest, I don’t have a lot of female friends to talk with.” She always seemed to get along better with guys, and hopes it will be different with her.

“It wasn’t always like this, we had numbers once. But like you say…people go where Fate needs them or they just simply decide to move on. I wish our numbers would grow again, adds a sense of security you know?” more of their Path would be great! And ok, more Mages in general would be good too. “Fate’s pulled me away twice from here. But I keep coming back. Not sure why. Maybe the people, though those I were close with have left. Or maybe I want to see the community be great again.” She sighs and shrugs.

Smirking, her blue eyes sparkling with mischief, “Hell yeah! Lifes too short not to be open and honest with those around you. Plus, living the life of a performer on a stage, you have little to no secrets.” Ok, she had some, but those were different. Those opened wounds that never really healed.

“Fav color?” she pauses, “Hmmm, well I love purple! Though I haven’t found a good way to decorate with it that wasn’t cheesy.” She says with a laugh. “How about you? Obviously you like unicorns.” She indicates with her eyes to Tuesdays shirt, “And I love the shirt by the way.” Her tone genuine.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Figuring a 'both' option would be awesome. Best of both worlds. How 'bout speed refurbishing? Like put on a show where you to your awesome thang in front of a crowd." Sip taken, as a head cranks over to get a better look at the dressers. "Those are cool." Tuesday nods, "Like really. My arts and crafting skills didn't grow with me when I graduated from kindergarten. So I'm like legit impressed." a smile is flashed towards the blond.

"I hear that. Any thing to save a few dimes yeah?"

"Me. I use a map and a dart. I throw the dart and Fate picks my destination. S'why I'm in Sacramento." Another sip. "But yeah it's nice to finally talk to someone who gets it." and it was. As much as she growing to love Fisher, Star and the blunt object that was Avis, she just needed a person who could understand some of the shit Tuesday'd gone through without even talking about it. "If you want more gal-pals, talk to Fisher. She's fun. And I'm not staying that 'cause we're in Vee Tee together, but she's awesome. Just...get some take out or something. That's a gal that can eat!" Tuesday finishes with a laugh.

With the sigh, and the offer shrug, Tuesday's hazels are narrowed in concern "Feeling like Fate's tugging at you again?"

"Awesome. My next question will be better I promise."

"Hmm...you could do you bedding in purple, and the canopy, like get a few shades going. That might be nice." Tuesday takes a moment to think, "Oh! You could get in some green. And by green I mean flowers~! I'm sure this place could use a purple orchid or two."

"Yep." Tuesday grins, "When I'm not wearing awesome unicorn themed shirts - thanks be tee dubs - I'm wearing Tinkerbell tees. I'm not super great with subtle. So to leave no doubt in anyone's mind that I'm Acanthus and Proud."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She considers what Tuesday says, “Speed refurbishing? Huh,” she pauses, “never really thought about that. But it sounds like a fun idea! And one I would have to practice first to make sure I could do it, but yeah, why the hell not!” sounded like it could be fun, though it might be difficult. But that never scared her before. “Well, it’s mostly ideas I see on Youtube and then find a piece at a thrift store and try it out. Not every idea I see or come up with actually works though.” She then laughs, “Some have actually come out so horrible!” but, it was trial and error.

Shaking her head, “Side show isn’t as profitable as it used to be. And with people being able to watch videos online, it doesn’t draw as much as a crowd anymore. Though I’m still able to book conventions and private shows.” And she was really curious about that night at Asylum, would a place like that hire her? Even if it was only for one night here and there? Maybe she should stop by again, find that Lady Crimson again.

“What about you? Star mentioned you play music, what kind?” she asked with interest, “I personally could never master the art of playing an instrument or singing. Like seriously, I could clear a room with my singing. Ask Star and Avis about it sometime, couple years back we went to a karaoke bar with a couple other mages.” That had been a great night.

“A dart and map? Huh, that sounds like a fun way to do it. Visited anywhere exciting?” who knows, maybe she would say someplace she had visited. With her traveling record, it was a huge possibility. “I kinda got that vibe from her the few times I’ve talked with her. She seems super laid back and like someone who would be fun to shot the breeze with. Maybe I’ll give her a call and set something up.” An eyebrow was raised at the mention of food, “Whoa, really? Where does she put it?! She’s certainly fit!” though maybe she has an insane workout routine.

“Not tugging me to leave, just tugging me in a different direction. I’m done moving around for a while, kinda enjoying being in one spot. As to what direction, I’m not sure yet, but I’m thinking of making some changes.” Making a change just felt right, she just didn’t know what the change would be.

Laughing, “Well fire away!” she was really starting to enjoy Tuesday’s company.

She looks over to the bed, envisioning the colors, “You know what? That could work! I’ll have to see what I can find for fabric.” Did sheer fabric come in colors? “Or maybe some of those purple string lights that come out for Halloween.” She says. “Never been really good at keeping plants alive, though I could give it another go. My first Cabal had a greenhouse, so I was working on my keeping plants alive ability.” She says with a chuckle. “But orchids are gorgeous flowers, and this place could definitely use some color.” Perhaps the whites and paler shades was playing it too safe.

“So I’m curious, why unicorns?” she asked taking a sip of coffee before hopping up and going to a dresser and opening a drawer. A shirt was grabbed and she holds it up to her chest to show Tuesday, “One of my favorite t shirts!!!” she beamed with pride. "I kinda really love the Transformer movies, and Bumblebee is my absolute favorite! Think it's because of how he communicates with music, I'd be lost without my iPod."

13. Likes , Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"At least when something doesn't turn out quite right, you can just sand and start again!"

"Ahh, yeah I hear that. I normally pick up my guitar and find a corner, or see if I can set up at a Farmers Market. Busking." Tuesday explains. "If people drink enough I'm sure they wont care how bad a voice sounds. Only how much fun they're having." Tuesday takes a sip.

"Course." a smirk, "New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, loads of other places, with a million little stops along the way." Tuesday shifts in her seat, "The only thing I didn't like about Vegas is that the Consilium there doesn't allow magic aided gambling."

"Fisher really is. And you really should." Tuesday friendship matchmater. Maybe she should get business cards? "Oh em gee! I know! And I think that she has a Space pocket for it all. There's no other explanation I can think of that works."

Nevermind that she didn't even know if the mustelid knew Space. Probably not. Or it would have been brought up by now. Right?

"Ahh..." Tuesday offers a soft nod, "I totes get that. Change. Laying stagnate is like Death to us. So if Fate has it in store for you to Change...then change until you find your knew fit."

"Natural blond? What is that spiky hula hop thing? And what is it for?" there three seemed fair.

"Accessorizing is the key to not having a tacky decor." the Unicorn grins, "Orchids are soooo worth it. But if you can do real greenery, then you can always find some real looking fake ones."

"Simple. I didn't want people to default and say 'fairy'. It let me chose. And since it's one of our path animals...well the mystic one." a shrug, "It seemed to fit."

"That. Is. Cute. Like really. I kinda want one now." Tuesday nods, taking in the cute tee, "I can totes see why it's your fav, and the Bumblebee thing...yeah. He's my fav from the movies 'cause of the way he speaks. Well...communicates. Music is my thang. It's be completely lost without it."

It was nifty to see how much they had in common.

15. Likes Orianna, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She totally understood the joys of setting up and just going,

“I can sometimes setup anywhere, it just depends what I have with me. Most of my show requires a little setup time and help from a friend. So any specific type of music? Or just whatever the mood strikes you for?” some people seemed to prefer some music over others. Faye? She wasn’t really picky, she just hated country. But otherwise then that, anything went.

She laughs at the magic aided gambling comment, “Can’t say I have much experience with many Consiliums outside this one. I tended to stay in town long enough to get paid, then headed on my way. Though I personally see nothing wrong with urging lady Luck to help you with some bets.” To each their own.

Smirking before laughing, “A space pocket? Gonna have to ask her to share that knowledge! Seriously, eating without weight gain, sign me up!” her training kept her in pretty good shape, but she understood the struggle.

Her question caught her off guard, before she offers a lopsided grin, “My hair? Afraid I’ve always been a blonde…even have those blonde moments sometimes.” When she mentions the hula hoop, Faye turns, “Oh! It’s a hula hoop that I can light on fire. The spiky things are prongs that hold material for fire. I also have this awesome gel stuff that makes the flames different colors. So it’s used in my show, well, in places that allow fire. So many places get all worried.” She mocks shock at that.

Nodding, “Ah, got ya. Kinda why I went with Faye, kinda a way to let them know my Path. Though some people are a little denser about it. But did anyone actually default and say that?!” she asks chuckling. “I mean seriously!” she shook her head.

“Found it on Ebay!” she exclaimed before putting it back in the drawer, before turning back to Tuesday. “Same with me! I’d be absolutely lost without music! Sometimes I like putting it on shuffle and just walking around the city, letting Fate and my music guide me.” She returns to the couch, “But I would love to hear you play sometime!” she gushes, clearly excited about it.

17. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Ahh" a nod of understanding is hand. "Generally whatever the mood strikes for me. But I normally start out with songs from 'Of Monsters and Men'. Star thinks their songs don't go with my voice, but meh. I like 'em."

"Me either. Lady Luck is a close friend." a smile, "But I think it was so we wouldn't just walk out with buckets full of cash and make it fair for the Sleepers. Or something." Tuesday shrugs.

The Unicorn laughs, "I know right~! I wish I could mow down like she can."

"Cool. It's been a while since I've seen or talk to a natural blond." taking another sip, "Isn't weird how hair colors come and go in cycles? Like sometimes, there's all bunch of redheads, or blonds or whatever."

A blink as the Unicorn tries to imagine the spikey hula-hoop as Faye'd described.

"Coool. Like all sorts of colors? Or like blue or something?"

"Sometimes!" Laughing along with the blond, "But then again some people can be stupid."

"That's rad. I haven't really given Ebay to much thought. I'm an impulse buying sort...sooooo...yeah I end up with a lot of useless junk!"

"Sometimes I do the same, it's..peaceful. And random and fun." Tuesday grins. "I was meaning to bring my guitar. But it slipped my mind." Tuesday explains, her grin falling as she frowns.

19. Likes Orianna liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread