Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

For a long moment, Cross grits his teeth, dealing with the protests of his Beast when confronted by Emma's more potent blood.

But then he chuckles, a dry and rasping sound, at her description of his costume. "Yes, I guess it is a little scandalous..." He concedes with a shrug and then motions for her to follow him to a quiet corner of Court. Less for privacy than comfort. Nothing can truly be private in this den of monsters. He positions himself so he can continue to watch the proceedings, his eyes occasionally finding a certain, dancing couple...

"I spoke with Lady Seneschal Stamford concerning your offer to provide assistance in matters concerning the domain," he says once she's joined him. "And she mentioned during our conversation that you once served as deputy. Is that correct?" As is his way, the Burned Man moves directly to the matter at hand. No need to dance around the topic.

Emma French

PRE

Emma follows Robert to a quiet corner. She smiles at his constant vigilance of Alice. "She'll be fine." Emma says as they walk across the room.

When questioned about being a deputy, "Yes, I was a deputy last time I was in the domain. My guess is now that there are so few of us we no longer have a need of more than a Reeve and a deputy." Emma didn't want Robert to think she was assuming that she could just waltz back into the domain and take back titles and positions because that would be truly silly for anyone to expect that.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

It's not that Cross is worried about Alice's physical well-being. Though he's never one to rule out violence. It's more the strategic implications of what is playing out on the dance floor. He's been around long enough to know that the Prince rarely acts without reason, or without a specific goal. What is the intent behind this conversation? What, exactly, is the Prince trying to learn, or communicate, or initiate? If Cross watches them with a keen eye, it's only an outward manifestation of his attempts, and failures, to untangle that knot.

In any case, he nods distractedly to Emma upon receiving her assurance before returning his full attention to the Savage.

"Yes, our numbers are currently low. Unfortunately for us, the threats and pressures to the Domain and its interests remain as constant as ever." If not more pressing, more numerous, than when he first arrived. "With Lady Stamford's elevation to the position of Seneschal, I have been named Reeve." He delivers the news, flat, matter of fact. No pride, no gloating, just information. "Priscus Antinori will continue on as deputy, but I would feel more comfortable with two, acting deputies working in tandem." His lifeless, blue eyes remain steady on her as he speaks. "That's where you come in..."

He stops there for now, letting her process the implications. Watching her reactions to his insinuated offer.

Emma French

PRE

Emma listened to Robert keeping her gaze from drifting over his not too shabby body, after all he obviously was devoted to another. Then she nodded in agreement, "I completely understand the wish for more than one deputy. I would be happy to serve the domain in this capacity." Emma looked around the room. "Are you sure there isn't someone else you would prefer? Someone who you know better then you know me? I mean after all you know nothing about me...Unless you have already had me researched?" Emma gave a crooked little smile.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Her questions make sense...for someone who has just retur$ed to the domain. But Cross knows the lay of the land, and he kCows that there are very few alternatives other than the course &e's chosen to pursue.

The Burned Man draws a little closer as }e responds, the smell of cooked flesh and singed hair likely becoming more and more apparent to the Savage: "Dr. French, believe me when I say that I've considered my options in this matter," his flat, blue eyes find hers, gazing intently. "I have several good reasons for asking you." He pauses, considering those reasons once again.

"But let's just put it this way: I trust the Prince's good judgement. If he consented to you acting as deputy once, and you did so without causing great disappointment, then I take that as an endorsement."

What's her game here? Cross can't help but wonder as he observes her reactions.

Emma French

PRE

Emma is itching to ask what those good reasons are. But she knows control and doesn't. She considers the comment about the Prince's good judgement and her green eyes glance his way. Did he actually consent to her being deputy? She never thought he even thought about her or her position when she was here last. But at least she had never fucked up enough for rumors to be around still about her.

She gave a little shrug, "Well, if you want me as a deputy then I am willing." Acting under a different Reeve would be interesting to say the least. "When would you like to fill me in on your expectations etc?"

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

"Good," he replies simply.

The Burned Man seems to consider her question for a moment. "I'll be in touch soon to give you an overview of security concerns. We'll meet here, in my office." There's no way he's going to talk strategy or threats to the domain in open court, after all.

With that, Cross's eyes stray toward the dancing couple again, before returning to the Savage. "I won't detain you any longer for tonight, though. Unless you have questions for me."

Emma French

PRE

Emma appreciated that he also seemed to be focused on business and not a lot of small talk. She always had trouble making small talk and preferred to get to the point. "Sounds good to me. You have my number from the last court so call or text when you are ready to meet." She held out her hand to seal the deal so to speak.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross looks at the extended hand for a moment, suddenly finding the familiar gesture of agreement strange. How long had it been since he'd shaken someone's hand? His beast, briefly, recoils at the very thought.

Still, in the end, he takes her hand with his own, shaking. His flesh rough and smooth at turns, strangely textured by his scars.

"I will," he assures her, before releasing his grip and returning to the larger gathering of Kindred underway around them. Apparently, their conversation is over. For now.

Cross returns to the main thread.

Closed Thread