Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Rhapsody in Blue

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Truth be told, he had been avoiding the Blue Note. He felt it was the kind of place where you couldn't get drunk without being judged, unlike Summer's less classy locale, or the dozens of bars scattered across Sacramento. And for an even better reason, well, he had made a promise, one he had kept so far.

"Get lost," he snarled at a stranger that attempted to sit close by. They disappeared as quickly as they had come. He ordered champagne for a third time that evening. What was the point of going to classier bars if you couldn't try classier drinks, even if they went down and left you feeling just like water would?

Anyway, he was out of favor with Summer lately. Wouldn't want to meet... certain people. Maybe here Green would show up and spare him some embarrassment. Or that kid, what was his name? Daniel. Fourth drink. He giggled out of nowhere, attracting some sideways glances. Or the new girl, Mary, or whatever the hell she was called. Fifth, sixth. Time was starting to blur. The music was soft, soothing, jazz-like he thought, though he could barely form a cogent thought anymore.

His eyes snapped open. Had he fallen asleep? It was dark outside. He ordered a seventh. Seven times never kill man. He tried to remember where that was from and came up empty. Oh, well. He drank.

S
    Sasha

The Dancer had come through the back door of the Blue Note, she carried in some groceries that were necessary for the bar. One of the employees had come back to tell her about a man that sat at the bar, ordering champagne and snipping at people who tried to sit near him.

L'aire couldn't figure out who would order that much champagne without some sort of special occasion. It was perplexing, as she put away the items she brought in.

Moving out to the general bar area, she saw him. The Fairest breathed in deeply, not irritated by him or the situation, but curious as to what would cause him to be like this. But wait, it was Nathan after all.

Cautiously, L'aire approached the Hunterheart. "So, I heard that you're trying to down a bottle of champagne by yourself." She smiled a little, trying to start out on a good note.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He froze upon hearing her voice. It only lasted a couple seconds. Whether to his or the alcohol's merit, he couldn't tell.

"Yeah. People have been tipping me generously these days," not enough that this little escapade hadn't all but bankrupted him, but mistakes had to be made in life every now and then. He smiled. "You're looking good."

He put his glass aside, the last drink only half finished.

S
    Sasha

The Autumn's sudden stopping didn't slip past her eyes. She wondered if it was because of how they ended their last encounter or chat. It had been long enough ago that she didn't quite remember what happened, but it wouldn't take her long to suddenly take a mental trip down memory lane.

"That's very good to hear, Nathan. I'm glad things may be looking up for you?" Her voice lilted toward the ended; unsure she made the correct assumption or not.

"And thank you." L'aire hadn't seen him in a long time. Did he even know what went on with her in the last few months?

"How are you doing... apart from generous tipping?" She really meant the question, it wasn't just a two ships passing in the night sort of implication.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

He couldn't say he hadn't expected this meeting to happen. In truth, he had hoped for it almost as much as he had feared it, and felt like he knew what to do.

"Oh, yes, I'm doing great," there was a brief pause and then he chuckled. "Well, maybe not great, but well enough. Not as good as you, at any rate. Heard you've been moving up in the world."

He patted the seat nearest to him. His cheeks had an unnatural red glow to them that the feathers couldn't hide, but beyond that he looked quite sober. Which is not to say that he was.

"Haven't congratulated you on that yet. Methinks I owe you a drink, at least," he let out another boyish laugh, only to turn serious all of a sudden. "If you want that is... Maybe you're busy?" he strained his eyes to see where she had come from.

S
    Sasha

“Oh you have?” Since she’d hardly seen him around, at least at commons areas. “Where did you hear that from?” The Dancer had a slight chuckle in her voice. Of course, it was public knowledge, and he could have heard it anywhere. Still, her curiosity burned.

“Thank you, Nathan.” L’aire said in response to the seat and the congratulatory words. “I don’t really drink and it’s strange to drink at a place you own anyway.” Chuckling softly, she came around and sat down beside him.

“Not busy at all really. Just had to pick up some things and came around the corner after I heard about the champagne man…” L’aire wondered if he took up drinking to pass the time lately. She really hoped not.

“Speaking of busy, I’ve hardly seen you around in gatherings or whatnot.” Since there were customers around, she tried to delicately hint about where she meant. The Fairest couldn’t really say ‘at Coronations’ or ‘Seasonal Gatherings’.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sudden nervousness he hadn't foreseen gripped him when she finally sat next to him. He tried to hide it by calling the bartender with a gesture before turning back to her, the smile having returned to his face.

"We have common friends. I like to know who they work for, y'know, to be a part of their lives," the bartender arrived and he asked for some water. "You sure you don't want anything? I'm sure you drink water. Or soda or coffee. I think you invited me to drink coffee once?"

His shyness dissipated and he gazed straight into her eyes. Then the moment was gone and he was looking around. "Didn't know you owned this place, though. Does that mean you can get me free drinks?" he meant it as a joke; he hoped that hadn't gotten lost in his tone.

He cleared his throat and seemed embarrassed for an instant at being referred to as the "champagne man," and didn't hesitate to grab onto her next remark. "Hmm, yeah. I have been a little out of the loop lately. Been spending a lot of time, uh..." he was looking at what remained of his last glass of champagne. Champagne man... He was going to kill some Blue Note employees, that was for sure. "Thinking. Yeah. Plus, I wanted to keep my promise. Remember?"

S
    Sasha

Nathan didn’t seem to quite catch on. L’aire looked at him peculiarly despite the bartender that worked for her slowly walking over. But, apparently he did, it just took a while for it to sink in.

Was the Hunterheart showing his true colors again? She gazed right back into his. “Yes, I do. I purchased it not long ago.” Her brow quirked. “Well, I could get you free drinks, but if I get you free drinks, then I have to get every other friend of ours free drinks. It’s a vicious cycle, isn’t it?” She chuckled back with a joke in return.

Clearing his throat gave her a signal, she wondered the reasons for his nerves. The Fairest paused, her lip turned up. “You know, you shouldn’t be too far out of the loop. It’s not in your best interest…” Looking at him thoughtfully. “You know, be part of their lives…” Speaking it gently, don't wanting to set him off, at least not in the bar.

L’aire remembered it well, what she asked him to do. “Do you even remember what the promise was?” Could he not fulfill it and that’s why he kept his distance?

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

He realized he had upset her, but he couldn't tell how. He thought he felt sweat running down his temples, and he didn't think it was because he was feeling tipsy. He considered asking her what was wrong, but as he couldn't find a way to pop the question he opted for looking contrite instead, even if he wasn't sure why he ought to.

"That's cool. Shouldn't be enabling my vices, especially when they're likely to bankrupt you," he chuckled along, relieved that he hadn't ruined the evening for the both of them. When the bartender came by with the water, he drank it all in one go, though he would have rather washed his face with it. "You're right. I oughta be around more, but I can't help thinking most of the others don't like having me around. Crazy, I know."

He tried for pleasant thoughts to cheer him up, but her question destroyed any levity he had managed to achieve. "Well..." his eyebrows knit together, but he wasn't looking at her. He was genuinely confused. He continued in a whisper. "I said I wouldn't bother you anymore, unless you asked me to. Since I didn't hear from you, I assumed..."

S
    Sasha

“Well, maybe you should be careful as well. So you don’t bankrupt yourself, Nathan.” She was concerned by his comments that this was an actual problem. She looked at him, and paused, concern came into her eyes. “Why are you drinking so much lately?”

L’aire didn’t quite remember that part of the conversation, although, it most likely happened considering how frustrated Nathan made her then. “Well, there was nothing to assume, really. You didn’t seem to come around… anywhere, so other than hearing through word of mouth, I would have thought you left town. Like so many do…” The Fairest said in passing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread