(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing the Prince enter, Ale bows the best she can in her costume. His costume choice was an interesting one, and she was genuinely curious as to why he picked it.

But he was occupied currently, as was she, and one doesn’t simply include themselves in the Princes current conversations.

Her Beast roars in her ear again at yet another Beast that enters the room. This one was new, and dressed as a priest? Huh, whatever worked for her she guessed. Though her Beast did not find the humor in this challenger, and wanted to rip her head off her collared neck.

And then the enticing Vivian entered, her Beast causing fear within her own. It wanted nothing to do with the more powerful one, but the Savage smiles and waves instead. What an interesting costume!

Her attention was pulled back the Henri as he mentioned the fountain and her being home sick.
    Considering his question for a second, “A little to be honest. Brings me back to a time when things were simpliar and there were little to no surprises.” That was when she was the head of business and things ran as she saw fit.

An eyebrow raises in obvious interest before she chuckles, “I never realized the Greek appreciation for the body.” It wasn’t Greek that usually came to mind when thinking of desire or debauchery. “Though I certainly cannot argue with their ideas. But it’s curious how over time, what is considered a work of art has changed. Opinions and ideals have shifted.” She considered her tattoos a work of art, others, not so much.

“Well, I wasn’t sure what costume to wear, having not seen the movie. So after some research I found the Japanese Geisha. I found their history intriguing, and how their style evolves based off of ones age and experience. I had no knowledge of the Geisha before, but preconceived ideas were quickly proven wrong.” it was amazing what you could find out online.

“I noticed that one. Is that perhaps a costume choice, or is she really a priest of some sort.” She muses out loud. Religion was not her thing and she believed in no higher being.

And then it begins as before, her Beast tries to shrink back in its cage, the fear palpable as Victoria approaches. But she wouldn’t give in, and instead bows her head respectfully to the Seneschal and her Sponsor.

“Lady Seneschal Stamford,” she says respectfully to the stunning Ventrue, “Good evening to you as well. And yes, this evening’s theme and attention to detail is remarkable.” She replies as she eyes Victorias costume, “I must say, that costume is stunning on you, a perfect color choice.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes unlimited sink liked this post

"Oh yes, the Greeks were driven by their desires." The Daeva's chuckle is a languid thing. "It's no surprise that their culture was the cradle of Western rationalism. There's always that acephalous underside to any 'enlightenment,' an unstoppable and licentious enjoyment, which is quite necessary if seldom acknowledged. Socrates himself is not shy about exposing his lust, even in the most academic of settings. Reading Plato's Symposium makes it readily apparent: the Socratic discourse is rooted in the erotics that develop between the Lover and the Beloved."

He pauses, looking chagrined. "Listen to me, I'm rambling. My apologies, Priscus. And I most certainly agree: tastes change with the time, but any culture of any worth still regards the body as something more than simply a mere machine. It is the surface on which desire is inscribed." His tone is almost reverential--and was that a reference to her own body art? Had he noticed her tattoos at the last Court? It's hard to tell. "Take the Japanese for instance: Geisha culture is all about gesture, embodied ritual. Your costume itself is testament to an exquisite refinement of eroticism. The Geisha doesn't need to disrobe to exhibit the desirability of her body, it is evident in her every movement."

His attention returns to the Priest. "Well, I would say, it is a costume one way or another." The Dragon leaves it at that. Perhaps because the Seneschal has approached.

"Lady Seneschal Stamford," he echoes the Savage Priscus, sketching a bow, likely as a way to mask the shudder that passes through him thanks to her superior Beast. "It is a delight to properly make your acquaintance." He is not surprised that she knows his name, it would be her business to, after all. "And I cannot help but agree with Priscus Antinori, the decorations are quite marvelous. I've been admiring your petite Trevi since my arrival," dark blue eyes move to the fountain and back to the Seneschal again. "And again, the Priscus has the right of it: stunning is just the word for you."

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you," she said with a nod and a smile. "It was a lot of fun deciding what to do with such a broad subject. The fountain is my favorite as well. There is just something about water features that I find enjoyable."

Victoria found their topic of conversation somewhat interesting and she wondered at the reason for the toga that the daeva wore. She only knew a little of Greek culture, and more of Roman. However, those were the classics and studied often at university, so she had what she was able to glean from there.

"Pagan cultures did have divergent views on sex, either it was embraced with everything up to temple prostitution or shunned utterly with abstinence as an ascetic, frequently both were found in the same culture. So the body and pleasure was either embraced or it was seen as a hindrance to spiritual development and enlightenment. However, some of the subject matter in the classical era was quite depraved by modern standards, but depraved doesn't have to be a bad thing I suppose," Victoria finished thoughtfully with a smirk.

The Ventrue looked down at her costume when it was referenced as if noticing it for the first time and smiled.

"Thank you again. I find the Eastern mind fascinating lately and how different it is culturally from western thought. The Japanese Geisha were more than just prostitutes, they were companions, highly trained in entertainment, music, games, and conversation. As for Geisha, they sold female companionship. Which was rather interesting, because you can study a culture based on how prevalent prostitution is compared to marriage. If men are spending more money on prostitution it is usually because wages were too low and marriage was not viable. One could argue that the popular Japanese Idols these days are a modern continuation of that to some extent with their cult fan bases."

When the new person approaches the fountain Victoria turns to William Matheson and smiles.

"You found Lady Seneschal Stamford," she paused for a moment before continuing. "...and you would be?"

She didn't think it was required to state that she thought he was a new arrival, but left the man room to introduce himself and state his intentions for seeking her out.

5. Likes Orianna, unlimited sink, Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    R
    Rilebre

Matheson smiles at his good luck, and offers a bow. "My apologies Lady Seneschal, Dr. William Matheson at your service. I'm sure you can tell I'm new here, but I was told to seek you out for introductions."

Was there an emphasis on the title? It was his faux pas that he had omitted it the first time. But he was unfamiliar with the area, and it's political structure, so he would forgive himself. There was no guarantee Lady Stamford would, however.

Matheson could appreciate the irony of their positions. Here he was. dressed as the formal gentleman, the lord, addressing the woman dressed as a geisha, a symbol of stereotypical submission, as his superior. He guessed Lady Stamford had intended on the joke, but he certainly couldn't begrudge her amusement. It was a costume party after all.

"If you have the time to spare for me I would be honored to address any questions or concerns you might have for me, regarding my arrival to the Domain."
    His lips curl further, smiling into a near baring of his fangs. "Or anything else you might be curious about." He adds

He was pleased with himself. It would seem he had not forgotten proper formality at court, by his own estimation. And here, he wasn't being lorded around as a pet, either. He was a Kindred of his own, and he was able to stand to par by his own merit. By his own estimation, anyway.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing softly, “You have no need to apologize, it’s an interesting topic. And to be quite frank, not one I’ve put any thought into. Though clearly, I’m missing out, we should set a time to meet and discuss it future.” She adds with a wink.

“I believe that is a place our society now lacks. We are so quick to disrobe and show excessive amounts of skin to attract attention, we forget about the subtle art of seduction. Like the Geisha.” As evident with her costume. “But then again, I’m just as guilty of showing a lot of skin. Maybe that is something else that attracted me to the Geisha, the chance to cover up and see how the male audience reacted.” She then shrugged.

She then smirks at his comment about the priest, it certainly was a costume. But she wouldn’t being up religion or a priests choice of attire in Court. It wasn’t a good topic to discuss.

As Victoria mentioned the fountain, “It certainly adds a soothing element to the evening, which is most certainly welcome.” Not to mention it seemed to be attracting the other undead.

When the Geisha culture was brought up again, “I found it fascinating how the Geisha were trained and how anything from their makeup, to their kimono separated and showed varying levels of training and age. The more mature and older Geisha wore more subdued makeup, allowing her natural beauty to take center stage. Quite fascinating to reads about.” Well, at least to her.

And then there was a new Beast, this one presenting a challenge to her own. Which did not sit well with her Beast, its lips curling in a snarl. But the Savages lips smile as the man introduces himself as a Ventrue.

“Good evening Dr Matheson, welcome to Sacramento.” Greets the Italian, not wishing to impose upon Lady Stamford.

"Oh, give me depravity any day," Henri replies to the Seneschal with a mysterious smile.

"What fascinates me about the Greeks, though, is their status among 'Pagan' cultures as the birth-place of the Western philosophical tradition. They are sensualists of the highest degree and yet their culture generates a strain of rationalism that will, in the future, often be opposed to sensuality. I suppose that my point is this: even where sex, sensuality, lust, Jouissance seems to be legislated out of existence, interdicted, it persists as the secret or hidden engine behind all human action. All of those rituals, those means to enlightenment, religious and otherwise, are variations on the theme of desire, at base. Geisha culture, with its complex protocols is a prime example. Sex, as in the act, occupies only a very small portion of the Geisha's time. But every action performed by the Geisha is, properly, erotic." He pauses for a moment, considering. "I would go further and insist that even we, the Kindred, do not escape this, necessary, impasse."

That smile remains as he speaks. It is clear the Daeva enjoys the topic under consideration.

Turning now to Alessandra, "Oh, it is endlessly fascinating. It would be my pleasure to talk about it at length. I am, of course, always available to you." And now back to the Seneschal: "Very interesting, Lady Seneschal. I am inclined to agree with you. But what do you make of cultures where marriage rates are high and prostitution still flourishes? What might that tell us about those populations?" He asks, genuinely curious.

Before he can continue, however, the new arrival makes himself known. Henri offers the good doctor Matheson a nod of greeting, but does not introduce himself just yet, not wanting to interrupt the Seneschal's duties.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Well, one can grow bored of something if overly stimulated or exposed to it, so keeping a little mystery helps keep interest simmering in the background," she said with a grin. "One reason a woman should be somewhat modest in dress, if only to accentuate the times when she is not."

Alessandra's observations and facts were actually rather interesting. The fact that the less training one had the more one painted up their appearance made sense once she thought about it. "Interesting. They would need to compensate with beauty and youth were they lacked in experience and refinement."

"Quite," she said with a nod toward Henri. "Sex and foreplay are only one way to be erotic, just about anything can be made so with the proper skill."

Victoria couldn't help but wonder at all the recent influx of scholars and Doctors to the domain. Perhaps someone placed and advertisement that she was not aware of, not likely, but it was an amusing thought nonetheless. There would be a reason if he was directed toward her, either he was Invictus, Ventrue, or something someone pawned off on her. She didn't think the first or the last was likely and so decided to speak with him further.

"I see," she said nodding to William before turning to the others. "I'm afraid I'll have to take a rain check on the conversation. I hope that you will excuse me, duty calls." She made a show of pausing for a moment before continuing with an amused grin. "Stay out of trouble you two."

She turned back to William with a welcoming smile while gesturing with one hand a little distance around the fountain. They could still be heard by anyone with a mind to overhear, anywhere in court was open to prying ears, but it offered the illusion of seclusion which was just as important for appearances.

"So tell me a little about yourself Dr. Matheson, and what brings you to Sacramento?" she asked conversationally as the came to a stop at the spot she staked out.

R
    Rilebre

He waited silently while Lady Stamford excused herself, and followed her as she gestured. Well, this is it. If he had breath in him, he was sure it would be anxious. It didn't help that Stamford was gorgeous enough for the dead to notice. He smirked at the thought and nodded at her question.

"Well, I was sired in Detroit."
    He begins, stirring a bit in place. How much should he say? What should he hold back? "Times are... turbulent there, I'm sure you've heard. Not to mention I was a bit too recognizable in the medical field. My sire deemed a job in the practice too risky." Those last words, the mention of the sire, look to leave a poor taste on his mouth, but he moves on without ado. "Here I'm able to practice without too many questions about my schedule."

"About me, personally? Well, I've always found it hard to talk about myself. I'm a surgeon by trade. I don't feed where I work. Call it ethical or practical. As a Kine I had a fondness for baseball. Playing the game is the thing I probably miss the most."

He rattled off a few inconsequential facts about himself, wondering if and when the question would come up. He was certain she was Invictus, how would she feel about an upstart Carthian in her domain? Would she acknowledge him? That would be pretty far, and sure to stir up some outrage. He didn't think it would come to that, but he couldn't help wonder about it in the back of his mind. There was also the possibility she wouldn't even care to ask.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listens,

“And all this time I assumed through what I’d heard and my own personal experiences that it was us Italians that had the market on sex and sensuality. Seems the Greeks have the market on that. Though I think we can give them a run for their money if properly motivated.” Was she flirting? Probably not, but she was having fun, and her cheeky grin proved it.

“Well, we’ll have to get together soon then.” It might prove to be a fun conversation.

Turning to Victoria,

“Ah, a very valid point, maybe one I’ll have to experiment with.” Perhaps she should change up her style of dress, leave a little more to the imagination, and see what happened.

And she had no doubt that the Ventrue had all the proper skills. Maybe something more she could learn?

When Victoria moves to excuse herself and the new guy, Ale bows, or kinda curtsy’s the best she can to the departing Lady.

“Of course Lady Seneschal Stamford.”

As the pair walk away, the Savage turns once more to the Daeva,

“Now where’s the fun in staying out of trouble?” she asks in mock sadness.

12. Likes West liked this post

"Lady Seneschal, you are quite right. As I was saying to the Priscus before you arrived: Clothes, while seeming to disguise, in fact make a promise of debauchery. What would desire be if it were immediately fulfilled? To want something, and to want it badly, it must be beyond our grasp." Continually.

He can't help but grin when the two women begin discussing the dynamics of youth and age, beauty and experience. "Look no further for proof of the refinement bestowed by age than this well-seasoned Geisha," he says, laying a hand on his chest. Apparently, he is neither ignorant nor sensitive concerning his advanced years at the time of the embrace.

When the Seneschal excuses herself, Henri offers another bow of respect, "But of course, Lady Seneschal. It's been a pleasure," thinking: I must see more of her. "And enjoy your conversation, Doctor," he adds to Matheson as the two Ventrue turn away.

Looking back to Ale, the Daeva returns her grin, "Well, staying out of trouble can be its own kind of trouble, I've found," he gives her wink from behind his wire-rimmed glasses. "So, tell me about yourself, Priscus. How did you find your way here from the Old World?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread