Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1610) Formal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Emma French

PRE

"Thank you for your vote of confidence."

Wilhelm Von Schusten? Emma wondered who that was. Before she could stop herself she asked, "I don't believe I know Wilhelm Von Schusten. I am assuming he did something pretty horrible?" Emma realized too late that she should have probably waited to discuss this with Ale but her curiosity got away from her. "Sorry, that was probably really rude to ask about. I will ask Miss Antinori at a later time."

The mention of gaslight reminded Emma that she hadn't seen the movie Gaslight in a while. Damn, another movie to add to her growing list of wanting to rewatch. Ugg she shouldn't let her mind wander while talking to others, especially the prince. After a moment, during which she looked like she was contemplating the question, she answered. "I guess I did sort of leave the gaslight lit. Sacramento has become home to me, or at least my west coast home. So once I finished the business I had on the east coast I decided to come home again." Emma paused and looked around quickly. "However, I was greatly surprised to see how much changed in such a short amount of time. But I guess change happens more swiftly when you aren't looking."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Apparently he was in a coterie with Erika Brady, Rahyna, and the former Prince, Tobias Straiphen."

Asa's eyebrows rose slightly to underscore that it had been a surprise.

"They coerced Jaqui Couturi into helping them attempt a coup, but it's been dealt with now. Unfortunately, putting that down may have alerted some mortal Hunters to our presence here -- and I fear that more than a few of our residents fled rather than face that risk."

The summary was brief, and Asa's eyes left Emma to skim over the handful of Kindred in Court. He remembered a time when there had been dozens, nearly a hundred, and now they were less than a single dozen.

"Some favor prudence over fighting for what is theirs. As long the Masquerade remains intact, though..." Asa shrugged. The motion moved his wide shoulders over his crossed arms and he looked back to Emma. "I for one have always considered such... contractions... of our populace an opportunity for those that remain."

Not only was it easier to take that which no one else held, he'd learned during the Lost Nights that new arrivals were far likely to question incumbents. And, of course, he tended to remember who were cowards and who were not.

Sacramento had always remembered who had spilled Blood for the Domain.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Emma French

PRE

Emma considered what the prince had said very carefully. With sincere concern in her green eyes she said, "First, let me say how sorry I am for the turmoil you must feel. So much lost and for what? Greed, Power? And the cowardice of some is very sad indeed." She lifted her hand with the intent of a comforting gesture then let it drop when she remembered this was the prince and such gestures were probably not acceptable in court.

"As for the potential mortal issue...Is there anything specific you would like me to do? Or shall I work that out with the Reeve and other deputy?" She thought for a moment about her skills in psychology. She could offer her services as a profiler and lead the mortals in a different direction. Dismissing that idea she focused on the prince and worried again about him. His stance showed the pain he was in, but what could she do?

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, this hardly compares to past difficulties."

Asa's smile was genuine as one hand raised to make a dismissive gesture. The interregnum between Straiphen and Freddrick, the Ancient, and the Lost Nights. They'd all been horrific events which had decimated the Domain -- and maybe some who'd fled had feared another such.

"And I shall leave that affair in the hands of the Reeve and his Deputies like yourself. I remember when I was a Deputy, we worked best with the least supervision."

The smile broadened slightly into a soft laugh.

"If it's not too personal of a question, are you still Unbound or have you found a Covenant to your liking?"

She'd always struck him as a Dragon.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Vivian's voice sounds, and Alice listens to the way her accents effects her words. It's something the Doll had never done before, but now, sightless and with an uncanny ability of mimicry Alice was paying more, and more attention to the sounds around herself.

"I still feel weird. If I knew I was going to dance with the Prince, I wish I'd worn a different costume." But unknowing of what the rest of the Domain chose to wear, she couldn't think of what else she'd chose. The idea Robert came up with, a day at the beach was still a good one. One that she wished she could experience in truth. "Since it is quite a big deal. I've never seen the Prince dance with anyone in my time here."

Leaning closer to Robert, "Not like I regret my costume. But..." she trails off sure that the Daeva knew she was trying to say.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

7. Likes West liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Dressed in a dark grey suit and deep blue button up, the top few buttons left undone, Jesse soon felt out of place when he found his way through the Nox Club to a gathering the Kine were not aware of. While he learned of the place where Court would be held, it seemed he hadn't know the theme of the day.

The Beast reacted swift when becoming aware of other predators so close, roiling like an angry bull inside the dark of his mind as it wanted to flee from those it could feel to be stronger than itself. He was not going to ruin this suit just to give the Beast what it wanted, and it soon quieted to a growl where it lurked.

His eyes moved around the various Kindred, picking out the Haunts (what else could the pretty albino and scarred man be?) easy enough, but not yet finding the wallflower that was any other Shadow he'd come across before. Wasn't right to stereotype them all, but they usually were. He fancied himself an exception. Not that he'd just go and assume! Wouldn't be right none either, especially if he was wrong. Can't go and fuck up right at the first time making an appearance.

No time like the present. Jesse thought as he walked closer into the room, nearing the (assumed) Haunts and Oriental dressed woman. "Excuse me for interrupting, new in town and took me a while to find this place — and what a place — but would you mind pointing out the Mekhet Priscus ( White ) to me, and I'll be right out of your..." he glanced at the bald guy, smiled, "...way."

Mentioning hair probably wasn't a good idea.

Emma French

PRE

Emma made a face of assentation as she said, "I will work out details with them. Thank you."

Personal question? Funny how people always said something like mind if I ask you a personal question then go ahead and ask. Like what if I wanted to say yes I do mind. It's the same with I don't mean to be rude , but... People have a strange thought on what was polite. Maybe that could be her next social psychology paper. Might be a good subject for light reading like in Psychology Today. No prestige in publishing there... Oh he asked a question.

"A little late to answer if I mind." She grinned with a twinkle in her eye. "And why would that be a personal question?" that she was curious about. "Anyway, I am not aligned with any covenant. Did you have something in mind?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A little late?"

Asa's brow furrowed slightly in genuine curiosity, replaying the words he'd said and she'd said.

"Ah. I wasn't asking if you minded the question, I was saying I wouldn't mind if you declined answering it."

He gave a small smile, suddenly curious how long she'd been Embraced to not append the subtle subtext when speaking to a Prince of a Domain. Not that he was that full of himself, but more than one of his predecessors... had not asked questions where answers were optional.

Young enough to not know that some keep their Covenant choices private.

"Some prefer privacy, especially if they have come from Domains where feuding over conflicting beliefs is common,"
    he explained. "I was simply curious, since academic minds often find their way to the Ordo Dracul. I believe in the past you also worked at Cedar Fields with Miss Villiers?"

11. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    R
    Rilebre

Nodding to Seneschal Stamford, he excuses himself from their corner near the fountain and rejoins the party proper.

He still didn't recognize anyone by appearance alone, so he made his way to the wall and leaned there, trying his best to avoid looking awkward or out of place.

His eyes passed over the other attendees, but he stood his ground, doing his best to ignore the snarlings of the beast and the thrills of fear occasionally creeping up on him as he stretched his awareness over his Kindred peers.

He really did hate fancy events like this one. It was going to be a long night.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

An unknown voice sounds. Masculine and halting. Asking after Maddox. Maybe after the Priest's sudden departure, this would be a shadow inclined to linger.

"You're looking for Priscus Jacob Maddox." her hollow voice is perhaps a touch to loud, but she was trying to get the shadows one and two's attentions. "He should be..." Alice trails off, her ear leading the direction her head tilts, trying to remember just where she'd heard the default Priscus of Shadow's voice last. "By the fountain, I believe."

A jerking hand raises, like her strings have just been pulled, and motions to the other gathering of Kindred.

Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread