Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16 AE) At the Food and Booze Table

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

"Oh...ok," I can't help but taking a quick pull off the bottle myself before screwing the cap back on and then handing it over to the Wisp. The whiskey feels good, its warmth unfurling in my chest. Makes up for the taste.

Licking my lips, which I'm sure comes off as something quite horrific, I give Scamps and Alex a glance that says You coming?, before trudging off after Mhairi. Arriving at the table, I take a moment to grab a plate and fill it with a little bit of everything on offer. A lot of it seems suspect, but I'm not picky. I've certainly consumed worse.

Before I begin stuffing my mouth, I give Mhairi a terrible smile. "So...this place" Clearly indicating the house. "You guys have room right now? Because, well, I'm kind of...on the street. You know?" No shame in my game. If they have a room to let, I'm on it.

Putting down my plate, I grab a cup and fill it to the brim with Old Grand-Dad, slugging it down hard. Cup down, plate's back in my claws again. I start with the sweets. Why not?

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

It looked like Jimmy was another participant of the 'hold's favorite pastime. Not like Mhairi could tell anyone anything different as she mixed green apple flavored Smirnoff with some mountain dew. Taking a sip before answering, 'Mmmm...Ambrosia of the Gods.'

"We-ah-we have room. And even if we-ah-we didn't we would-ah-would make some." Mhairi gives the Bloodbrute a crooked smile. "We can get you-ah set up after you're-ah sworn in."

Another sip, as her fell-flames dance around the table-that-was-for-eating-at-and-also-surgery a drippy fingered hand grabs a cupcake iced to look like a bat. "I'm-ah-I'm assuming that you're-ah limited on funds. No shame in-ah-in that...Alex here makes a mean breakfast taco, uh...I manage....Morgan comes 'round and-ah help with groceries, and maintenance. She-ah-she tells me that the roof's in tip-top shape!" she chirps with a smile, though maybe that joke would only work if the others knew Morgan was a Steepscrambler. "Whatever you're-ah comfortable with chore-wise would help. And is-ah taken instead of rent or something like that."

The wisp looks between Alex and Jimmy, and wonders if she should tell the newcomer how...diminished Summer was, or if she should let this be a Court thing.

Nibbling on the bat-cake, "So-ah-so Scampy? What-ah-what do you do?" the camera was apparent as was his desire to use it, but Mhairi was wondering if the thing was used in his mundane work.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

3. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    J
    Jman

looking into his cup of sangria, he perked up at Ankaa question.[COLOR=""] "Uh..right now I'm a messenger, but I'm hoping to be picked up as a photographer. Though I'm still working on my portfolio Mis.Ankaa."
    [/COLOR]
    Raising his hand to take a deep draft of his drink. He looks around at the decor trying to think of something witty but nothing came to mind he blurts the first thing that came to mind, "How did you get the flames to go what there doing?"

Alex Rivers

Alex joins the others at the refreshment table. He should know better by now than to judge people, especially his kind of people, by appearances... but Jimmy was giving off a very creepy vibe. Still, for all he knows, the rabbit guy might have venomous claws and three sets of jaws hidden behind that furry face... He'll be a lot more comfortable once they're both sworn in. How things change... it was not that long ago that the others were looking at him as if he might be an axe murderer in disguise. Alex tries to relax...

"So what led you guys to choose Sacramento?"

6. Bump "Bump" this post

I nod my head while Mhairi explains the arrangement with the boarding house, shoveling sweets and meat into my craggy maw. A big swallow and then: "Well, I don't have many special talents." Except for wanton destruction, bloodshed, and murder. "But I'm a hard worker and I'm willing to pitch in with whatever chores or cleaning, you know, needs doing." And I can take the head off of anyone who might try to do anyone in Edna's harm. That too.

Another measure of Old Grand-dad poured, another measure gulped down. More food added to my plate. All while Scampy describes his current employment. Lucky him, being able to hold down a job, I think, spitefully, before realizing it. Gotta slow down on the booze, Jimmy.

I shrug my shoulders at Alex's question: "No particular reason, you know?" Food in mouth, chew food, swallow. "I was in Seattle before this. But got a little restless. Passed through a lot of other places, but Sacramento seems like the best thus far." Really? I was getting tired. And lonely. And as much as I think it's best for me to be alone, I can't help but crave company.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Yard work?" Mhairi asks, "Leaves now and-ah snow when the-er Season turns?" Mhairi hopes that this simple plan that involved the Ogre here long enough to see the Seasons turn wouldn't scare him off. "Well...on the-er off chance that it does snow!" comes her chipper chirp. Then a nibble of the bat-cake.

"You-ah might want to talk to Morgan. She's a-ah courier. Might-ah-might help set you up-ah with more work. Until you-ah can get your-ah photography off the-ah ground.

Scampy's question receives a look from Mhairi, "I don't know. How do you get your ears to stop twitching or your fur to lay in place?"

Maybe it's her inborn elemental inability to understand that her comment was rude. Or maybe it was the effect of spending so much time with Coco.

As one Summer questions the other, Mhairi returns to her ambrosia and sips it down. Though not as readily as the Ogre. But still when she comes up for air there's a distinct difference to how much there was, and how much is left.

9. Likes unlimited sink liked this post

I keep shoveling food into me for what seems like a long time. Gotta make up for the booze that's already sloshing around in there.

After a while I feel steady enough for another pour of the Old Grad-dad. Good as ever.

"Yeah, yeah," wiping my mouth with a bone claw, "Yeah, I can do yard work. Whatever really. I'm just happy to have, you know, something more than a cot and my bag, right? Like a roof over my head." I give the Elemental what I hope is a thankful grin. Kind of doubt that's how it comes off, though. ​"Thanks for helping me out." Let's just hope it doesn't end in disaster, Jimmy.

"So, ugh...How's this gonna work, the pledging I mean? You know, every 'hold has a different way. Every season at every 'hold too, right? Anything I should be prepared for? Anything fancy I should know about?" I've made an ass out of myself enough to know that it never hurts to ask. Especially when it comes to the social stuff. Definitely not my strong suit.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Jimmy seems hungry.

Or at least she hopes that's why the ogre was stuffing his face. And not you know the way everything had sorta gone silent near the table as the gathered monarchy started their...whatever it was with Bronson. Nibbling on her bat-cake and sipping at her note-quite-appletini she waits for Scamp to muster up the nerve to...talk or grab some food. Or maybe make something of the booze he brought. Alex's silence...was more expected. A Summer eyeing the newcomers, weighing them and his options and all that.

Besides the Woodblood wasn't much of a talker to begin with.

Then the word 'Duel' is thrown out there. Mhairi bites her lip in worry.

"I-ah-I know that feeling. A friend who's-ah good one now, uh-helped me out when I-ah got here...it's nice to-ah pay it forward." Mhairi tries to focus back on the Bloodbrute. Who turns her attention back to what was worrying her in the first place. "Uh-from-ah what I've seen. The ah-ascending monarch steps aside to-ah take the pledges..." Which Rick hadn't done yet. "And you go up and swear in. Just-ah common sense normal stuff. Not-to-ah knowingly help the 'hold's enemies, or the gentry. Help your fellow freeholders...

Then the wisp watches Coco leave. Quietly and without fan fair.

"...and-ah anything else you'd want to-ah-to add it-ah up to-ah you."

Alex Rivers

"Like Mhairi said, the swearing in is pretty straight forward. Autumn will probably pull some minor Halloween pranks, just because... but there isn't going to be any kind of trial by fire. A Pledge is a Pledge. Living up to your Pledge is the trial."

Alex considers for a moment.

"So what was it that you heard about this Freehold in particular that got you interested?"

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

"Got it, yeah, understood." Color me relieved. No intricate formalities or anything. Just talk the talk and walk the walk. I can do that.

The temperature in the room is changing now, figuratively and literally. Something's going on across the way. And it's looking a bit tense. The unleashed mantle whips through my greasy hair and I set down my plate, putting the bottle of Old Grand-dad on top of it to keep it from blowing away. The word "duel" rings out and I can't help but feel a surge of excitement through my confusion and concern.

"Um, uh..." I look from the knot of Lost to Alex, "Well...It's not what I heard really. It's just that I got tired of being out on the road by myself. And something about this place felt...right. You know that feeling you get, when something fits...? Maybe it's the Wyrd, who knows. But this seemed like the spot to stop."

My eyes drift back toward the standoff in progress and then Mhairi, "Everything okay over there, you think?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread