Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(Spiders) Call to Arms

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Truce needs to make a difficulty 2 dex+stealth+3 (thank Star) roll

success gets him to the closet, where [spoiler]It is still stuck [/spoiler]
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes flutter open, a confused look on her face. That didn't seem right right, something was wrong. The haze didn’t sit right with her. Had someone messed with the room or done something?

She decides to call upon Time once again, hoping it would open her eyes to any disturbances in the room, in Time. Her eyes close once again, and she brings a hand up to her temples as she concentrated once again.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-12 16:14:23 Faye rolls 6 to Temporal Wrinkles(Gno3+Time3) (10 Again) 1, 9, 4, 1, 1, 3 1 success

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Again the haze covers her vision, and again the mists of time seem thicker than they should be. Time seems stable, if a little more rigid than it should be. What that means, she is not exactly sure of.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Two years, huh?"

Nod like you mean it. Actually, he meant it. Two years? Crazy coincidence, it's a number for We, too. More importantly? Time to filter out 'Madison' and 'Paul' so they could work.

"Sorry to hear that. That's legit. Like, a legit relationship. You know, past the six months of dating excitement, over the moving-in-together weirdness, and then the harsh reality slash possible boredom of being with the same person? But, no, you two made it and that's great. Was that like two years from your first meeting? Or two years being together? I knew this guy, he had a crush on this chick for yeeeeears. And I mean, years. Started in middle school, believe it or not. They were besties, and she moved away. Now, fast forward second to last year of high school. What is that, that's Junior year, right? So, yeah, Junior year. He's got this buddy he hangs out with, then one day he's over at his buddies house and the neighbor comes over. You know where this is going. It's that same chick. But she's with this other guy so they get to be besties again and of course he's still nursing that crush. A couple years later he goes off to the Army. Gets out, and one day is in a convenience store getting gas and one of those energy drinks. Looks over... yep. It's her. And this time, they get together."

Let's have a moment of silence for that Hallmark Moment.

"It didn't work out. They lasted like nine months. But you see what I'm saying, right? Why I asked? Because, you know, people can count that stuff different. I'm guessing you two were together for two years? Just because, like, this place. Together. Living together is a big step. Unless you were already roommates. I've done that before, you know. Dated a roommate. Then you have that whole weird thing about whether you keep separate rooms or whose room you move into and then you have an extra room. How about you two? Did you buy this place? Or rent. Buying would be huge. That's serious commitment, especially in this economy. After the real estate bubble. You know, that hit Cali here super hard. Some places barely felt, and some were worse. Have you ever seen pictures of Arizona? They had whole neighborhoods of people just walking out. It was like the Eighties all over again. Which is kind of funny, you know, that it happened twenty years before but no one saw it coming."

It's amazing what people don't see coming. Or happening. Well, hopefully happening.

"This is usually where I go into my banks and real estate industry conspiracy theory? But you might work in those industries ha-ha so I'm gonna skip that. So Jose knew his wine? That's always great. Me, I'm lost. I go to a nice restaurant and I guess I'm just the sucker waiters love because I'll order whatever they recommend. Not because, like, I actually believe them because you know they're just pushing high margin stuff but because I have no idea what else I would order. I asked one one time why they didn't put a picture of a cow on the menu with little pictures of where the meat came from and name. Rib-eye, porterhouse, filet, what's that all about anyway? How's a regular person supposed to know? And the wines, man, the wines. Don't get me wrong, I've got good taste buds I just need regular words and a map. Like, what valley is where. Although I've been super happy with Yellow Tail wine. I know that's grocery store stuff but the Shiraz is to die for. Best nine dollars out there, in my book. I never have gotten around to figuring out what Shiraz means, other than it sounds like a stripper's name."

Speaking of drinks?

"Can I get some more water? Wow, I can't believe I drank all that. I'm not usually a big water drinker, more a Gatorade guy but I guess it's a little different when it's clear, right? And, yeah, I didn't know Jose well? I mean, not as well as you, obviously. Ha-ha how weird would that be, if I did? Talk about awkward. I hate that, you know, meeting someone else's ex? What do you say? I mean, you kinda want to ask if they have any tips you don't know about the person but then you'll be all irritated if they know them better than you do. And of course it depends on the ex. Some are cool, some are just trying to be all In Your Face about it. True story, I had just started dating this one chick and she was moving and so I offered to help. She said she had friends helping too and I'm like, that's cool. So I show up and there's like a half dozen other guys. Yeah, you know where this is going. Every single one of them was an ex. Talk about awkward. And of course the talk naturally goes to talking about her and joking and stuff and so for like five hours I'm doing heavy manual labor like they outlawed in prisons while listening to all these guys crack funnies and tell stories about her. I mean, how well do you really know anyone?"

He pushed the empty glass towards the man. Fill 'er up.

4 successes to keep the distraction going!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-12 21:38:30 Star rolls 7 to PRE + Persuasion plus Spec (10 Again) 3, 8, 10, 3, 1, 4, 10, 10, 7, 5 4 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Stealth, 3suxx | Paradox, Fail | Destroy Object, 6suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-13 10:02:20 Truce rolls 10 to cast improvised Destroy Object [Gno+Death+HS] (10 Again) 9, 7, 10, 4, 9, 7, 8, 10, 2, 6, 1, 9 6 successes
    2016-10-13 10:01:50 Truce rolls 1 to check for paradox on Death 3 spell [2(Gno3)-1(magical tool)] (10 Again) 5 failure
    2016-10-13 09:44:20 Truce rolls 6 to sneak into the bedroom closet [DEX+Stealth+3] (10 Again) 9, 9, 6, 10, 5, 6, 6 3 successes
    With the sound of Star's voice growing more distant, Truce slips deeper into the house into the bedroom and subsequently the closet. Reaching up he pushes against the ceiling panel, trying to force it open but finding it stuck all the same.

This time, however, he's not willing to be deterred by the obstacle. As a Master of Death he would make short work of this barrier. With the sole Sleeper in the other room, he takes a moment to chant to himself in his soft spoken voice, forming focus gestures with his hands as he forms each syllable to construct the Imago. He envisions the square panel disintegrating utterly as if it had never been, giving him free access to the attic space.

Hopefully there wouldn't be a swarm of spiders descending upon him...

If his spell successfully breaches the stuck panel and he doesn't immediately get attacked, Truce sends a quick text back to Brother Rat.
    I've gained access to the attic through the bedroom closet ceiling.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"We were lucky, the market crashed and we were renting, and this home went on sale for really cheap. He was so proud when he dropped the keys on my lap. As for the wine, he would laugh, and tell you that its good marketing on Syrah. Its the same grape, and he'd say 'I'd never serve a guest syrah, i like my wines to have Zs, not Ys.' He was funny that way. Always had a great pun, as I'm sure you know."

He nods taking the empty glass and going back to the kitchen. The water runs for a little bit, and then there is the clinking of glass against metal, and then a small metalic thud, before he comes back with a red tray, 1 full water glass, 4 large wine glasses, and a bottle:
    Bottle of red

"Here." He says, opening the bottle with well practiced hands, despite his looking a little ill still. "He'd have been ashamed if wine had come up and I hadn't offered." He pours a bit first for himself, knocks it back. "OK, its still good." Before pouring generous pours for all of you.
    "A lot of people came by in the first few weeks, but since then its been quiet, and I was getting lonely. Thank you for coming. I know he would have really appreciated his friends coming out for him. What do you guys do? Are you also in marketing?"

-----

It starts slow, a thinning of the edges, a tapering of the width, but then cracks form in the wood, and it buckles under the strain, before it is wrenched up into the attic. There is no crash. Above him now is a hole in the ceiling, in complete darkness. Nothing stirs, and yet it feels entirely too ominous at the moment.

8. Likes West, Vassagon liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The backyard was a tranquil scene: bare, somewhat neglected. The owners appeared to not be the green fingered type; they yard was simply extra space out behind the house. Potential otherwise wrapped up in an afternoon's labour to maintain what existed. That lawn needed watering.

But a strange death had occurred in this place. Campanella had no choice but to suspect that some evidence could still be hidden, out of sight and out of mind of the occupants.

Rather than wait by the three other mages worked their way through the house, he took it upon himself to examine the backyard more closely.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-14 05:37:27 [03] Campanella to investigate the back yard rolls 3 to Wits + Investigation (10 Again) 5, 6, 4 failure
    2016-10-14 05:37:27 [02] Campanella to investigate the back yard rolls 3 to Wits + Investigation (10 Again) 4, 2, 8 1 success
    2016-10-14 05:37:27 [01] Campanella to investigate the back yard rolls 3 to Wits + Investigation (10 Again) 4, 10, 4, 6 1 success

If nothing else, his actions served to fill the time otherwise spent doing nothing.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Campanella spends 45 minutes exploring the backyard. The results will be available when everyone else catches up.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

What the actually hell? She was currently stumped, and opens her eyes to focus on what was going on in front of her.

Whoa, wait a sec...when did wine become part of things? Just what did she miss? Curious eyes look to Star, what did he say to deserve them getting offered wine?

Until she can decide on her next step, she smiles,

"Oh, how generous, thank you." and will accept a glass of the wine. She was a beer and Absinthe kinda girl, but one doesn't just turn down an offer in someones house.

There was a gentle shake of her head, "I'm not, I'm self employed, I refurbish old furniture." it seemed like it would be more acceptable then that she really did.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

With his Shielding in place, Truce is semi-confident that he could sustain damage from a sudden attack. And any sticky webbing he might encounter may be brushed aside by further workings. However, he would like to stay cautious. Arming himself with his cell phone lamp, he sprays the beams of light into the darkness, checking for stray webbing before poking his head into the attic space. He will shine it around as he gives careful look around from his perch.

If he's not able to achieve a significant vantage, Truce will attempt to climb up and into the hole, hoping the surrounding ceiling will support his weight.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread