Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Spiders) Call to Arms

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Honestly? I'm still, like, dialed in on the whole 'coconut' word."

A hand rises, holding an imaginary orb.

"Is that, like, a little green coconut? Or some mutant grocery store coconut? I'm thinking, man, it's a good thing you didn't lead off with the word coconut. I like that, though. The way you saved that until, you know, we were all here?" That wily Truce. "Wait, what?"

The last parts for Faye. I am Jack's Surprise. Mostly, because after the trash talk from Avis, he figured any member of Veiled Threats was persona non grata.

"Ummm, okay. Sure. Yeah, I can do that. What's the play if someone answers? Political pollsters? Cable sales? Oh, and I have a press pass. If we want to 'interview'," finger quotes, "Them about the death."

For once, okay, for once totally not counting the times he'd first arrived and snuck peeks, he gave her a once over. So militant, girl. Like Terminator 3 Sarah Conner.

"I'm thinking interview."

Brother Rat gets a Skeptical Eyebrow. Of course there's lots of spiders, yo. It's The Great Outdoors. Not that that meant much.

Because spiders are everywhere.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Orianna liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Since they're here to gather evidence about the resonance, as least in part, Truce performs a combination of rotes to adjust his vision before exiting the car.
      Sight, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-29 10:13:45 Truce rolls 6 to cast combined Grim Sight + Third Eye rote [WIT+Emp+Mind-2] (10 Again) 2, 3, 2, 4, 8, 1 1 success

"The green one...maybe," answers Truce tentatively. He never truly had the chance to really gauge the size accurately, but it was large and he could still feel the phantom sensation of its fangs ripping through him.

It's curious to know that there is someone living inside. The man from Jose's wallet picture perhaps? And the other two, neighbors that were close enough to be picked up? That would make it difficult to conduct a ritual to postcog the phone conversation.

"It might be suspicious that we're looking into the death of someone who supposedly died of a medical condition," Truce remarks on the suggestion. "Perhaps saying we're neighbors who heard about the tragedy and are here to offer our condolences? It is true, after all, at least for Faye and myself. Whatever you think is best." So long as they get their foot in the door without alarming the occupant the method doesn't matter. It's a shame he doesn't know more about Jose or else it would be easier to pretend like they knew him in life.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Brother rat
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(WP for spell casting)Willpower 2 Spent
    PRE

Campanella waited while the others exited the vehicle. He had his reasons, while he made a show of adjusting his scarf, for taking his time. He did not wish to show weakness, for one; his physically weak Pattern could only withstand the touch of the Supernal for so long and here he was, preparing to cast layer upon layer of craft upon himself. Taking his time took some of the shock (the pain in his shoulders, the stitch in his side) from his castings; and the quiet of the car allowed him to sharpen his focus on the Imago's as he wrought them in his mind.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-30 08:15:20 Campanella to cast Supernal Vision rolls 5 to GNO + Prime -2 Tolerance (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 5, 5, 1, 9 1 success
    2016-09-30 08:14:17 Campanella to cast Sense Consciousness rolls 5 to GNO + Mind -1 Tolerance (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 6, 2, 9, 2 2 successes

The spells came. Their Patterns held as, glowing luminous to his sight, they settled on him heavily. His mouth was downturned and a frown dug itself into his forehead, sure signs of the stress he was placing himself under. With some effort, he hauled himself from the car and went in search of the others.

"I think that perhaps requesting an 'interview' might be the best course this time. People don't take kindly to strangers intruding in their lives - and those claiming to be local, but without prior connection, tend to be viewed negatively. Suspicion of motive and all that. But a reporter has some lassitude for movement in this regard. Although reporters probably don't walk in groups of three or more."

Campanella spoke as he reached the group. Stopping, he drew a handkerchief and dabbed his forehead.

"I was thinking that I support our good Brother, rather than confuse the issue. He is taking a look around and I thought I could join him. Two pairs of eyes can see further, so to speak." He risked a glance over to his erstwhile Cabal mate, who seemed to be on the cusp of wandering off completely.

He hoped Brother Rat's Sight could complement his own. Perhaps this could be a first test. The Thrysus no doubt had opened himself up to the spirit world; the Moros had opened himself up to the Supernal - between them they could scout out the area while the other's investigated the household in person. If something was truly amiss, surely their combined and rarified senses should pick it up?
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, a press pass, that totally helps and would make it look legit.

Truce and Campanella raised good points,

“Offering our condolences would work, but has the death been made public? If it hasn’t, we’re kinda screwed. So perhaps an interview about a political topic or something that effects the neighborhood or city? I’m gonna go with whatever you think is best Star, I can play off you.”

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Campanella detects dozens of insect minds and a few bird minds and several lower mammal minds, and three human minds.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Neighbors offering condolences.

Riiiiiiiight.

Sure, okay. Maybe Truce knew all of his neighbors. And if one of them passed away and there were no Supernal interest, he'd round up a half dozen other neighbors and go console them. And even if all that actually happened? The Truth is, it's an ugly world. And once you live in place with a population over four figures, neighbors only show up to complain about your pets, your music, and your parking ability.

Buuuuut...

"No, no, this is your thing, man. Neighbors it is. Hi, I'm Jack and this Madison. We're your neighbors. Truce, believe it or not, no clue what your street name is and I'm guessing it's not Tee-Rizzle? Just, like, tell me before the door opens."

A fist was tentatively held up to the motorcycle helmet's visor as he walked toward the front door. Could a coconut get through that opening?

Knock. Knock.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Orianna, Benji liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"I see that you have a plan. I will leave you to it. I'll be with our Brother."

Superfluous but needed. He spoke to Faye and Truce as the Obrimos made his move. Without waiting for a reply, he moved off to join Brother Rat.

"Find anything?" The Moros asked, dropping his tone, once he had caught up with the errant Thrysus. He had caught the movement of Brother Rat's shiver. Now, up close, he gave his fellow Awakened a questioning eye.

Campanella caught his hand as it moved to the stitch at his side. He balled it into a fist and dropped his hand into a convenient pocket. The weight of his spells pressed down upon his Pattern.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Paul will do," Truce answers, nearly confusing Star's question for the literal street name of their Sanctum apartment. But then the proximity would definitely be stretching the use of the term 'neighbors'. Truce looks expectantly to Faye, wondering what method she and Star will use to gain entry.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wait...Tee-Rizzle?! Oh...she was so going to use that at some point, was too funny not to. The grin was hidden behind her hand that covers her mouth for a moment as she gets serious again.

Looking to Star, she nods as he knocks on the door. What or who was going to open it? Were spiders going to rush them at the door? Would they get a chance to at least weave and cast some spells? Too many questions and unknowns. But one known? There was a spider that was going to get it's arachnid ass kicked, it might not be from her, but she would bend Time and Fate to make sure it happened.

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread