Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Alice's words don't let on that there are very interesting developments occurring around them. And Cross approves. If others missed the exchange between the Prince and the newly minted Seneschal, it's not their responsibility to inform them.

Instead, he chuckles, a dry, rasping sound. "Yeah, it's a little quiet in here this evening..." That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. Any court without poachers being executed by shot-gun in a back room is fine by him.

Cross adds his own question to Emma after Alice asks her's: "And how does it feel to be back?" The question isn't pointed, but there's something about those flat, blue eyes, the way he watches the newly re-arrived Dr. French, that speaks to more than just a casual interest.

2. Likes liked this post

Emma French

PRE

Emma gave a light chuckle at Alice's question, "Only as painful as reading legal papers can be." Then her dark green eyes looked into Robert's flat blue ones and in a monotone answered, "Fantastic." Emma so hated small talk, and his question was so pointless. It was like one of those questions a reporter asks the parent of a kidnapped child, and how do you feel with your child missing. Seriously how the fuck are they supposed to feel.

Emma could feel beast pulling again. She mentally counted to 5 before beast settled. In a much brighter voice Emma asked, "So how are you folks enjoying the domain? I have only been gone for a little over a year and so much has changed."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Emma's words were met with a tilt of a porcelain head, turning the mawing pits of darkness upon the savage. "As arduous a task as there ever could be." The Doll replies in a deadpan. Wondering how the women would react. She didn't know how long Alice had been blind, and she had brought up reading. It was still a sore spot for the Doll.

"I've been here over half a year, and much has changed. In fact it's seems like the last handful of nights change has come upon us swiftly." Ever since the attack on the Solstice it seems, "What was the image of the Domain when you were here last Doctor French? It might be interesting to compare then to now."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding in agreement, "Sometimes quiet is good." but was it good in this case. So many Kindred had come and gone. Now their numbers were small.

Dark eyes shift to Emma, curious to hear her response.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross too catches the reference to reading and it sets him on edge. Could this Savage be testing their limits, trying to provoke them? His eyes cut, quickly, but meaningful, to Alice before returning to Emma.

"Enjoying?" Cross's question says it all: what's there to enjoy about being an Undead Monster? What, about this or any domain, might make their state enjoyable? Cross may want to understand what he is, what they all are. He might strive to accept it. But enjoy it? The word just seems...wrong. Alice's response lets him move on, though, and he does. No need to start an argument in the middle of court. "Yes, things have been too busy for...enjoyment. Unfortunately."

With that, the Burned Man falls silent, letting Alice take the lead. As always, she's managed to more clearly pose the question Cross had meant to put before Emma in the first place.

7. Likes liked this post

Emma French

PRE

Emma thought about Alice's question. After a moment of silent thought she began speaking with passion for the domain she remembered. This was the domain she longed to come back to, a place where individuals could find a niche to explore and enjoy as they wanted. "The domain was an interesting hive of activity. We once had a wonderful talent show or contest of sorts. Some sang, some played music, while others did very graceful demonstrations of unique fighting styles. We have had an interesting mixture of religions and politics. Many lively debates. We were very safety conscious with people taking turns going on nightly watches. Night clubs of all sorts, galleries, theater, and any number of social opportunities. My favorite thing to do was working with the local college on a dig near the town hall. I think the best thing about the domain was the freedom to be who we are as long as we respect others and the way they want to be also." Emma smiled and glanced at the Prince. Really, it was his leadership which made the domain be the place that it was, she should really trust him more than she had in the past. She looked back at the small group she was with now. She gave Robert a sympathetic smile, "I'm so sorry that you have been too busy to enjoy yourself more. Is there anything I can do to relieve some of the pressure from you so you could free up some time to enjoy things more?" Emma really wanted to help others and hated seeing anyone unhappy.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Very true." Alice nods, agreeing with Ale. After all that had happened, the quiet was appreciated. But Alice couldn't help but think of the adage of calm and storms.

The single word Robert spoke had the Doll's lips quirk upward. How his gruff voice articulated the word told Alice more about how he felt then the words that followed. Her head tilts as she realizes just how well she knows the Burned Man, and wonders, in time, if they'll even need words.

As Alice listens to Emma speak she tries to paint a mental picture. "That sounds....lovely. Though, vastly different to my own experience within the Domain. There has been, some..." Alice pauses wondering out to phrase all that had happened during her own tenure. "Discord among those of the Domain and, of course the threats without." Letting the topic go, certain that Ale would get her cousin up to date when it were to the two of them alone, "I heard that there once were themed Courts," and from the sounds of it, the Prince was bringing it back, "But I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing that myself. Well...unless the Court my Clan hosted could be counted, but there was no costumes or anything like that."

"Thank you for your offer Doctor French," but Alice doubted that the women could help with the sudden disappearance of the majority of her Family, and the crumbling ruin that their once kingdom was turning into, "I'll keep that in mind if I think of anything."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Huh, seemed like the Domain was a lot more interesting when Emma had been here. Not that it wasn't interesting now, but it was mostly business and investigations. Which aren't all that bad, but more fun activities in Court would be great.

"Thank you for the offer Doctor French, I'll certainly take you up on it." but they all really needed a night to just relax.

"I think it would be wonderful for there to be more themed Courts, or Courts with some sort of show like you mentioned. We did have the Steampunk themed Court which was fun. I believe we all deserve a night to just let lose per say." all work and no play.

"Perhaps we should all get together outside of Court? Meet up somewhere and just try to let lose a bit." it sounded like fun to her, and if they weren't on board, maybe Vivian would be. "Just a thought." she adds with a shrug.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Well, doesn't that sound sweet? the Burned Man thinks as Dr. French summons up a vision of the domain in less...turbulent times. Alice's response proves adequate, though, and so his only reaction is to raise a scarred eyebrow as to say: Is that so?

The good doctor's offer to provide assistance provokes a small twitch of Cross's lips, the beginnings of a smile or some other, more sinister tell? "Yes, thank you," he adds to Alice's response, "There's always need for more help given the domain's current efforts. I'll be sure to bring your offer up to Lady Seneschal Stamford," who, only moments before, would've been Lady Reeve Stamford.

Ale's suggestion of a night out is greeted by an actual smile from Cross, his flat, blue eyes meeting the Savage's: "That sounds like a fine idea, Priscus Antinori. You have anything particular in mind? What do you think, Alice?" There's a subtle shift in tone when he addresses the Blind Doll, a warmth creeping into his usually gravelly voice.

12. Likes liked this post

Emma French

PRE

Emma watched and listened to each person's reaction to her past experiences with great interest. You could learn a lot by the reactions. There was so much negativity here. So much under current it was almost too much. A night out may be what they all needed to loosen up a bit.

Emma tilted her head to one side as if listening a bit closer to each of them. "When I was in the domain last we certainly had issues. People being hunted for crimes, one or two being ashed, kidnappings and a myriad of other issues. However, we also were able to have breaks from the tensions and distress some. I believe that perhaps there has not been enough of that here recently. Therefore, I agree that a night out is a wonderful idea. And perhaps a themed court or themed get together may be a great idea. A little bit of art and entertainment may be just the ticket." Emma gave a bright smile. No one would crush her spirits, maybe slow her down a bit but her natural optimism would always shine through. She was a pioneer from birth and would remain so in her new form of life.

She really never understood why other clans didn't embrace (pun intended) who they were. They may all have inner beasts but when she was in her regular life she also had an inner beast. She just was more in touch with it now. And she learned long ago to accept who and what she was. Acceptance was the key and making the most of it was critical. "Do you folks like music? dancing? art? sports? There are so many things we could do and relax a bit. I find sparing helps too." Stress management was what was needed here. The domain should not be in such a state where everyone did nothing but worked and worried. This may have to be her new mission, to get people to lighten up a bit. Damn, now she was starting to sound all Daevaish. Emma waited and watched the others and how they would react to her this time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread