Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Marco, Polo! Err Truth or Dare!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

So far, everyone had done truth. Apparently, they were all panzies. Or, more probably, just hadn't had enough to drink yet. Avis, however, was already feeling it. Years of abstaining from alcohol after years of being subjected to all manner of pharmaceutical cocktails had left her acutely sensitive, and one and half sidecars was substantial.

"I'll do the dare,"
    she declared, pausing to down the rest of her drink and then standing up.

She'd need a bit of room...

First came the pacing, her shoulders hunched forward, arms tensed, an animalistic air suffusing her.

"WAYLAND," she declared, rouning on Star (it was his dare), "if you need to be something more than a ghetto rat then do it! JUST DO IT!"

The shout came suddenly, Avis body tensing violently, her face disconcertingly furious.

"Yesterday you said you were working for the crips. Move past that and JUST DO IT!"

She resumed pacing again.

"Some people dream of being the only Talon Sentinel, but don't let your dreams be dreams! Wake up and work hard at it. Just get to the point! DO IT!" she screamed, rounding on Star again.

"JUST DO IT! YES YOU CAN! JUST DO IT!"

Then, suddenly, she grinned and relaxed.

That was Shia Leboeuf, in case you weren't sure, she explained, this time at a much more sedate volume.

"But if you did miss that one, here's one more. Just one more. A freeby.

Her hand came up in the shape of a gun, pointed at Star.

"Say 'yo' again. Say 'yo' again, I dare you, I double dare you, mothahfuckah, say 'yo'again!"

The supposedly (or she hoped so) badass Warlock couldn't keep a straight face any longer and a giggle escaped, the kind only an insane high schooler could make, and then collapsed back into her seat.

"Ok, Fish, truth or dare. Either tell me what present from your parents disappointed you most and why, or explain the fake history of the drink you're making while I act as your hands."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Yog-Sothoth, West, , Benji liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher couldn't help but laugh at Avis' shenanigans. As she chewed out Wayland as several famous folks, and the part at the end with the say yo again had Fisher practically rolling. It fit so well and she had no idea how he could say yo so much, but the Samuel L. Jackson just summed it up so well it was hilarious.

It took the dark-haired woman some time to wind down enough to realize it was her turn again and when Avis spoke the challenge she stopped to think for a bit. The dare sounded so much more fun than the truth and so she decided to go for that, besides her drink was low and she needed some more booze. After a brief moment she grinned and decided to use a drink that had components that gave a nod to her first drink in her new cabal.

"Yo, yo, yo homes I'll need your help, ya feel me homes?"
    Fisher said giggling and snickering at Avis before getting more serious. "Ok, I'll need your help when I get to explaining the drink." she said as she set about to make the drinks.

She got the ingredients that she needed, ice, sugar, milk, vanilla, vodka and orange juice concentrate and set about her task.

"This drink was invented by a man with a long and noble history. He was a descendant of Julius Cesar himself, and his creation of a salad was such a hit that he decided to set about a task of making a drink with his namesake. He created the Orange Julius," Fisher said dramatically as she could.

"For a man that ruled the world the fruit from far off South East Asia fascinated him to no end, the shape of the oranges, firm and ripe, their color, and their taste all captivated him. The cooks were worked ragged to find the perfect mixture for this masterpiece that would please his lordly palate and came up with a creamy orange drink that was a delight to drink. Its recipe was lost to time until, after researching the history and legend passed down through the ages Cesar and his ancestors gave him the secret. It was not known to many but Cesar was an alcoholic and Jonathan Frankel was able to recreate the drink and add his own inspired touches. The cool texture of crushed ice, went with the creamy milky texture and splash of vanilla. However, the citrus was to much and sugar countered that concentrated orange juice nicely, sweetening the drink further. Finally he settled on vodka as a finishing touch. The Boozy Julius was created! But he wanted to share his masterpiece with the world and with people of all ages so he created a chain of fast food that had his recipe without the alcohol."

"Behold his original creation!"
    she finished dramatically once more.

OOC

4. Likes West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher placed her hand on her chin as she looked between Tuesday and Star. Last time she did Star so she might try and mix it up to let someone else offer a challenge to him. After a moment she turned to Tuesday and smiled.

"Ok Tuesday, either tell us if you could change one thing about yourself what would it be, or give someone a foot massage until your next turn."

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Well...I'm fab-u-lous and wonderful and awesome~! So put up your kicks mustelid. I'mma give you a rub down like you've never experienced be-fore." cheeky smile in place.

Wiggly fingers are wiggling. A brow raises, as a head tilts at the mustelid expectedly. Once the shoes and socks are off, Tuesday pats her lap invitingly, and get's a'workin'.

"So! Star-dazzles...." furrowing brow is furrowed in thought. "If you were a girl with girl parts for a month, just what would you do? Or...let's see some of that music talent in action. Hmmmmm...make up a minute or so opera about Tee dee Ess. And perform it."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes Cayce, West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"HAAAAAAAAAA!"

The initial explosion of laughter at Avis warbled and screeched it's way into a lower register than (mostly) anyone had ever heard him produce. A deep laugh from back in his throat that chuff-chuffed and had once been likened to a hippo trying to disgorge a hairball.

And now everyone knew what Real Angel Laughter sounded like.

"Yo..."

He watched and listened at the drink was made, entertained by the prospect of making a Tall Tale up on the spot. Thumbs up Fisher. Oh, and well played. Well played indeed, getting a foot massage.

"Hmmm."

Tuesday gets a dark look, then a One Minute finger as he unfolded himself to standing to go get his guitar. It's a royal azure electric Jackson, and careful eyes might note the long fingers hold it as gently and lovingly as someone else's baby. The amp gets plugged in.

A few experimental chords are strummed through and the guitar and amp adjusted.

The opening is slow and low; almost ominous, before settling into a sedate, bland segment which might not even exist if not for a lingering soft sound here and there. It rises into something lighter and trilling before plunging back down into a discord of random sounds that finally resolve into explosive, powerful sounds.

"Temoins duuuuu Sud,"
    he offered with small bow. A segment for each of the founders. He slowly unslung the guitar and placed it against the wall as he considered a question and dare. Plus a tongue stuck out at Tuesday.

"Okay. Fisher. Best guess, how long would you have lasted with Wayland and Runner if we didn't invite you and what would be the final straw, orrrr."

Drum roll~

"Show us that piercing? Piercings? You mentioned at the Circle and what made you do it."

3 successes to Minuet!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-11 15:42:06 Star rolls 8 to Wits + Expression + Equipment (improvised piece) (10 Again) 6, 9, 7, 1, 9, 10, 4, 3, 2 3 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Cayce, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher couldn't help but bust out laughing as Tuesday picked her as her massage subject. She had not expected Tuesday to choose her, but she was not going to complain now that she did. Fisher took off her shoes and socks, placed her feet on the woman's lap, and wiggled her toes with their pink painted nails at Tuesday.

"Ahhh," Fisher exclaimed enjoying the Unicorn's ministrations. "You're good at this."

Fisher clapped in delight at the musical number Star performed, it was actually really good.

"Bravo!" she cheered as Star did his bows. She quieted her clapping and cheering when he turned to her. When he gave his dare and challenge she stared up at him with with big mustelid eyes.

"But..." she said trailing looking to her feet and Tuesday before looking back and him. After a few moments she wasn't able to keep up her teasing any longer and grinned at him.

"Ok, you win." Fisher said chuckling. She stood up and paused for a moment. It was too bad that Varyx would miss this after last consilium, but there was always next time.

She reached for her shirt hem and pulled the linen top off over her head to discard it on the floor beside her. She unbuckled her pants and shimmied out of them wiggling her behind playfully as she did so and stepped out of her jeans. She stood there in black and pink underwear for a moment and then reached up to unhook her bra and slip it off her shoulders onto the floor.

"The nipple piercings were just because they sounded fun at the time I guess?" said with a shrug. "Then there was this guy I dated for a while, he really he was really into piercings tried to talk me into getting more."

She reached for the waistband of her bottoms and slid them down and off. She was soon standing there buck naked holding her hands out and relaxed her stance so they could see between her legs.

"Tada!" She began dramatically as she posed before getting serious again. "I was pretty scared about the clit ring. I mean how scary would it be for a guy to have his dick pierced, right?" She asked with a grin. "So I guess it was because I've always been a little adventurous, and for a guy." She finished with a playful roll of her eyes as if to say, yeah I know.

She didn't seem bothered at all about standing in front of everyone naked. The only think she was concerned about was if this would turn their relationship all weird now that they saw her naked. Not everyone was as alright with nudity as thyrsus usually were. She would have to do something about that, it would not do to have her the only one with the awkward experience, and so she turned toward Avis as it was her turn.

"Avis," she said placing her hands on her hips. "Either A: Have you ever done any role-playing in the bedroom and what was it? Or B: strip off your clothes, exchange them for mine, and when we both get dressed do your impression of me."

11. Likes liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis was totally not staring.

Not at all.

Oh, but look over there, more alcohol! Avis pretended to consider Fisher's challenge as she selected a drink from the selection of the marvelous orange juliuses that Fisher had just mad, but the truth was: there was nothing to consider. No way was Avis ditching her clothes.

"Yeah, we've totally role-played stuff,"
    she shared finally, turning back and sipping at her drink. "We do it a lot, actually. Like...a lot. The first time it was kind of a Mr. and Mrs. Smith thing, though. Or, well, I guess some people could say it was James Bondish. I don't know. But I was in a slinky dress, there was overpriced food and dancing, and then we stole a fancy car, some wallets, and stayed in a fancy hotel."

Avis shrugged, then took her seat again. She was totally not lying...Right, Star?

"Alright, Tuesday, let's get real here. Either you have to spend a minute in a closet with the thing that scares you most, or you have to make a lewd phonecall to Truce. Because there's been too much truth tonight."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

13. Likes West, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Hands clap after Star finishes playing. Not what she expected, but it was definitely better then what she thought she'd get. "Bravo!"

The mustelid strips and Tuesday lets out a bark of a laugh paired with an "I knew it!"

An interested brow raises, "If you were all Mr. and Mrs. Smith wouldn't there be more guns? Or does your bow count?" she leans in close, "You know what I'm really asking here...how much property damage was involved."

The Unicorn's up to bat.

Since she's totally not any sort of drunk and she really wasn't one to dial up a nerdy guy she didn't know just for a lewd phone call..."Being in the closet alone is scary enough for me." Tuesday admits, with a small voice. "Welp! Here I go." Tuesday strides for nearest closet, then thinks better of it, and strides over to the drink and takes a few gulps. Liquid courage taken Tuesday resumes her stride to the closet.

"One. Effin' minute. Start an effin' timer." nob turns, door pulled open, the Unicorn turns back to the room and calls "Clothe up mustelid! No one wants to see you furless!" and plunges herself into the darkness, pulling the door closed behind her.

It's just a closet. Hand touch the walls. It's just a closet. Tuesday breathes in, and out. It's just a closet. Her cabalmates are just outside. It's a fucking closet for a stupid dare. It's not a closet with a little girl hidden under cloths and stuffies praying daddy wont find her.

It's a stupid fucking closet for a stupid fucking dare.

The mantra repeats, over and over and over until her one minute's up.

The unicorn bursts from the closet, her hazels a little watery, and make up smudged.

Sometime between the repetition and her stumbling entrance back into the light she'd lost her touch on the walls. Her hands pinched at her arms, small reddening spots could be seen on the insides of bother of her elbows.

"So terrible, horrible secret reveled. This Unicorn likes to be in the light and free." Tuesday takes a shuttering breath, and sinks back into her chair. Pulling pad thai closer to her, so she could mow down. Comfort food ho!

"Hmm. Star? What's the most embarrassing pic you have on your phone, or let us ladies stylize that mop you call a hair style."

It was sooo passed time to move on.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

15. Likes Cayce, West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Was she...

...she was...

...aaaaaaand that's not a belly-button ring. Or that one. Especially not that one.

Wow, Fisher. Just, wow. Couldn't have just picked Truth? And then she was talking and suddenly whatever was going on over there was totally unimportant as Stay-Puft phantom pain twinged. Geeeeeeeez. The mop leaned on a propped up hand that oh-so-conveniently shielded his view of Fisher de Milo, and a small smile crept out as Avis spoke.

"Impossible Mission Force! And, uh. I think the most property damage was when she tickled me one time and some Celestial Fire squirted out."

A concerned furrow of brows followed Tuesday and turned to Avis. Hearthmaster, yo. Well. Fair enough. She probably thought the phone call would be picked. But that doesn't make it any less uncomfortable a minute later when there are liquid-sparkly eyes and funny breathing.

"Maaaaaaan. Pictures? I wish. I just use weekly burner phones?"
    He shrugged, and pulled the black plastic flip-phone out. "Ummmm. No, wait, that's not this one. Yeah. Nothing. Well, except this, uh, Banisher sanctum glyph but it just turned out to be dried bird poo."

He threw his hands up.

"Fine! I surrender. Style away!"

While whatever was going to happen to his glorious mane happened, a finger tapped a lip.

"Okay, I asked Avis, I asked Fisher, that leaves... Tuesday. Okay. Okay."
    Also, he wasn't entirely sure if the tingly neck goosebumps were from drinking or having his hair played with. "Got it. Gonna go Avis style, two dares. Dare one, shave half your head. Dare two, prank call Wayland." A finger bobbed up. "Specifically! As Mama Gene looking for her two wayward chilluns. Has he seen them?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

17. Likes Yog-Sothoth, Cayce, liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Well shit. Now she felt like an ass.

Ok, she wasn't fooling anyone, she was an ass. But still, she'd totally just kicked the puppy eyed unicorn, and she didn't feel good about that. Thankfully, there was a remedy she could provide.

Avis stood up and moved to the fridge where she pulled out a bottle of fruit punch and then walked over to their makeshift bar. Punch, vodka, and some tonic water were poured into glasses, the first one being deposited firmly in front of the unicorn.

"You did awesome," she said lamely, patting the other woman on the back. "Now drink up, and think about what you want to do to Star's hair. I'm thinking we make it stick straight up. You got any gel or spray? Or what about you, Fisher? If not, we could always just find something with a high voltage and see if that works."

Because nothing said love like electrocution...

19. Likes Yog-Sothoth, , West liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread