Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Marco, Polo! Err Truth or Dare!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

This was weird. Like suddenly finding yourself wearing pink weird. Or realizing you have a tattoo weird. Or waking up next to no one after a night of blackout drinking weird.

Tuesday wandered the theater her sock clad feet padding along through the vast, vastness of her new home. '...the fuck is everybody....?'

It was like walking in the quiet stillness of a cemetery...'We don't have any Moros....did Star knock one out and bring him home?' Tuesday wondered. Random Recruiter Smurf was aw-inspiring to see in action. But the unicorn had to wonder, what sort of food did the bribe contain...

Turning in a circle in the living room, staring at the empty seats, Tuesday did the one thing that made sense, "MARCO!"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes Yog-Sothoth, Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Polo?"

The question wafts around corners and chairs, almost a whisper by the time it arrives.

"Yeah I was totally going to sneak up on you but then I was like, whoah, what if she's got like crazy spells and stuff and I get turned into a baby or old geezer just for, like, a little snicker-snack, surprise attack."

Jazz hands shivered as The Last Starfighter appeared. Paten leather shoes, gleamed to a mirror shine, tuxedo pants, and a deadmau5 t-shirt. A card was spinning lazily on the tip of a finger.

"What's up. You bored? Or just weirded out. It gets like that. Weird, not boring. Okay, it gets boring, too, but, like, sometimes it feels all deserted. But you can tell, sometimes, when people are around because like I throw stuff down in that little nook? Alcove? Outside our theater. Hey. By the way? I might have this gig, doing cover songs. I kinda had to throw that in to get them to let me do my magic show, bunch of haters. Anyway. If you're interested."
    The card slowly spun to a stop, shivered and slipped off, falling neatly into the deck held in the other hand. "We, uh, I mean I, we if you're interested, anyway, have to, uh. Might have to sing in Yiddish. I'm kinda... still working out the details."

Because Wedding Singer.

Don't judge. It's totally a step up from magic shows for kids birthdays.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The acrid bouquet of cigarette smoke and spray paint flowed into the room, preceding the admittedly scuzzy form of Avis as she ducked out from the workshop and walked towards Tuesday and Star, her eyes fixated upon...a piece of cardboard.

It was only when she was about to run into the other two that Avis pulled up short and her eyes flicked up.

"Hey," she said, "tell me what you think of this."

The cardboard was flipped around, revealing an image painted in black. The edge of the cardboard bore the faded frame of a tag made with a stencil, but the inside frame was the cartoon image of a woman in sunglasses and a beret saluting a black cross whose upmost point was shaped into a rough fist.

"Too blatant?" she asked, taking a cigarette out form behind her ear and setting it between her lips.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes Yog-Sothoth, West, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher peeked out from the kitchen area upon hearing the commotion and came to investigate. She was dressed in some grubbies, jeans and t-shirt. She was wearing some shoes for once and holding some cleaning supplies and a mop.

"Marco? You bringing company already Tuesday?" She gave the Acanthus a mock disapproving frown. "Didn't your parents teach you not to bring treats unless you brought enough to share?" She finished with a wicked grin when her composure failed. "Sup guys? Need something?"

Fisher noticed Avis and her tag cardboard thing and came a little closer to inspect it.

"I don't know. I like it. I think it's kind of funny in that amusing and thought provoking kind of way." She looked up to Avis and tilted her head. "Does that help?"

8. Likes Cayce, , West liked this post

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

One wonders why jeans seem to cost more when ripped. Hers were torn enough to be potential risque, with little patches of thigh peeking out when she moved the right way. Her appearance was usually preceded by the clicking of heels, but the carpet muffled the effect and Varyx appeared from around a corner otherwise unannounced.

"Ladies, gentleman. I-" She cut herself off as her nose was abruptly invaded by the foul combination of old cigarette smoke and paint. The way her nose wrinkled was enough to make it clear what the issue was, but as her gaze finally lit on Avis' cardboard tag, the look of displeasure cleared and she nodded. "I like it." A seat was taken in full view of the tag, and she smiled. "It's very... you." Blatant? Well. Maybe. But that was Avis, wasn't it?

"Anyway, is there a particular reason we're shouting the names of Italian men?"

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Angels prefer cinnamon.

Still, when you show up randomly shaved, pierced, tattooed, et cetera, your Devil smelling like smoke isn't that big of deal.

"Well."

While the others appeared and offered commentary, the mop tilted this way; then that, the hands were held up to make a director's frame of the long fingers.

"If it's commentary on the assimilation of indigenous populations, which I assume from the beret - Basque connection, willfully but blindly into fascist theocracies and the irony emphasized by using a woman when they're most often relegated to lesser roles in those Roman Catholic societies...," the hands fell.

"Nah. If you'd, you know, added an earring for the whole played out materialism angle, yeah, it'd be a bit over the top."

Less is more.

The mop bobbed again; back and forth, closing the distance while trying to avoid the avoid the cigarette like a drunk bumblebee and gave a scuzzy cheek a peck.

For La Raza.

"Hey. Wow."
    He turned back around and took everyone in. "Is this, like, the first time we've all been together?" You know. Since minus Cowboy Crazy and plus Unicorn Crazy. "We should do something. Who wants to do something?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Then one by one her cabamates appear...like magic. "But it wasn't..." is whispered to herself. Was it?

No...ye-No. Definitely no. As she walks those mental steps to firmly decide if she's drawn on Acadia, without realizing it, Star's already talk, talk, talkin'

"That seriously worked?" She asks the room at large. Just to make sure. "See, this is why I didn't waste time lookin'. If all I have to do to get all y'all's attention....well. You can be sure I'll be yelling out 'Marco' more often. But more points to Star. He's the only one who 'Polo'd' me." There. Great way to rejoin slash join a convo in motion.

Wait a sec. Back up. "I don't know Yiddish." the other parts weren't an issue, this unicorn didn't want to sound like a dolt. "But sure. Singing. It's sorta my thing. All acanthus-y stereotyped and everything."

A thumb point. Not at anyone. Arm bends until, thumbnail's used to scratch her back. "Did you make the stencil yourself?"

"Fisher. Not just into buffet's but orgies. Good to know." Tuesday grins back at the mustelid.

Tuesday gives the blond bombshell, who sorta makes her wonder if sexual orientation was a part of the Lie, a disbelieving look. "You. You and Fisher seriously don't know Marco, Polo?" those poor deprived gals.

Star spews so words. About the poster, and that this is totally the very first time she'd ever seen them all together. "Not Marco, Polo. It wouldn't be far. Since I think me and Star are the only ones who know how to play."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

14. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Actually," Avis replied around her cigarette, "it's a co-opted image of a revolutionary saluting the anarchist's black cross. Ya know, the symbol for the opposition of imprisonment and totalitarianism? Really, no one got it?"

She frowned, then tucked the cardboard under her arm and plucked the little cancer stick from between her lips.

"Shit, maybe it's not blatant enough. Maybe I'll need to show the fist like smashing bricks or some shit. Or holding a broken chain. That'd probably work the best, right? I really want to get the anti-prison bondage thing out there. I'm gonna be spraying this everyone around town, so it's gotta be understandable, ya know?"

The warlock shrugged.

"Whatever, I'll work on it later. Why don't we order some take out, get some drinks, and play some games? I'm thinking truth or dare after a shot or two would be fun. Besides, waiting for the food to arrive should give me time to shower."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

16. Likes liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher listens to the others discuss the symbol and frowns slightly. Their analysis was all technical and scholarly and hers sounded like a parent looking at a drawing their child did and saying...it's nice! She sighed mentally before considering that this is about the first time all of them were together since she joined, apart from July, july wasn't discussed apparently.

"I guess it is the first time we all have been together," she said looking around. "And boy are you outnumbered. The womenfolk have taken over!"

Fisher started to put away her cleaning stuff at the mention of doing stuff, cause it sounded like that is what was going to happen. She wasn't opposed to group activities, maybe it will be fun.

"Sure, I'm game," she said with a nod.

"Hey wait," Fisher said turning to Tuesday. "What do you mean about orgies? A girl makes one joke and suddenly she is labeled a hedonist?"

Fisher sulked slightly as she put the rest of the supplies away and came back out of the kitchen area.

"He was an explorer right?" she asked cautiously. It didn't sound like the right answer cause it sounded like some kind of game or event.

When Avis explained her work it was clear that Fisher hadn't got it, Fisher's first thoughts were completely wrong.

"Oh," she said a little surprised. "With the fist I thought it was a black power thing, which I thought was a little weird given our make up," she finished with a shrug. "You could go with traditional symbols broken chains, broken cages, birds in flight...birds are pretty."

The prospect of food and games was of great interest to Fisher and got her thinking she should get washed up too, but Avis already claimed that.

"So what we ordering? Something that goes good with alcohol?" she asked wondering what people liked. The Truth or Dare thing was suggested again by Avis and Fisher wasn't sure if she had played it before or not, but it could be fun. "So what happens with Truth or Dare? It is about telling the truth and taking dares?"

18. Likes liked this post

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx chuckled at Tuesday's utter disbelief that she might not know Marco Polo. "Perhaps. Or perhaps I've just always found it strange that there's a game that involves blindly shouting the name of a historical figure," she answered, grinning. She was going to say more, but the Fisher was complaining about being labelled a hedonist and she laughed outright.

"Aww. Orgies are only a joke to you? How terribly disappointing... And here I thought holding one might have been a nice way for me to get to know our newest members a little better. Too bad."

As Avis explained her work, Varyx took another look at it, nodding. "I'm afraid I don't know that much about art. Enough to be half decent at bullshitting while I'm at a gallery, and that's it. Now that you've explained it, though? I see it. Definitely."

20. Bump West "Bump" this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread